• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Why not? You dont appear to play anymore, and I said i'd buy them.
i might get back into yugimons at some point, and then the 3 d. prisons i have will be useful to me. i wouldn't sell my gc controller if i didn't play smash anymore. i don't need money right now, either, and if i had any i'd just waste it on stupid **** that isn't important to me because i'm a dumb kid.
you can get them pretty cheap on ebay anyway. sorry.

Cups

Smash Ace
shoulda just grabbed your nuts and said BECAUSE I DON'T FEEL LIKE IT N****, but i guess we're just two different people...

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
for anyone interested: the chili cookoff in lenexa is tomorrow, and me and my father and some friends from boy scouts are competing. it will take place at pflumm and santa fe trail drive, which is between 87th and 95th. here is a map:

the red circle shows the extent of the entire thing, and the green dot is where we are. show up sometime between 11 and 12ish, pay a dollar for a spoon, and get all the chili you could ever want :)

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Amazing stealth. I love you.

Somebody pray games with me. I'm bored :(

Also, JBM teach me Marth.

Double also, Pyrosmash? :)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
mayb the reason a lot of people don't go to pyrosmash is because he doesn't let us know if it's on until like 2 hrs before it happens.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Okay so I've confirmed the venue, but with a few constraints. My aunt doesn't want to sleep with everyone still in the house... So smash (at her house) will end somewhere from 10-11pm most likely, unless I convince her otherwise. Obviously this goes without saying but no destruction of her new house. She also isn't going to be providing food or anything, we're using her basement strictly as a venue, so yeah. You can still order pizza and whatnot, and if you don't wanna do that Liberty is like 5mins away with plenty of food options. Like I said before, I think I have enough TV's, we mainly need cubes and disks, but if you feel like bringing a TV as well, it'll never hurt. Please at least bring your disks, if nothing else. I told her we'll start around 4pm, I dunno how early everyone's willing to come, I can probably move it back to 3pm if people are willing to show up that early.

So the plan is ( For now ) 4pm - 10/11pm at:

7708 NE 75th Terrace
Kansas City, MO 64158

If you need help finding it, or any more info:
Call me at: (816) 377-5548
Or Jfro at: (816) 803-6441

Bring systems and disks, see you there!

Oh and give me input about starting earlier or not, Thanks
Somebody call this hoe :) I'm with my moms so I can't.

pyroty

Smash Apprentice
Okay so I've confirmed the venue, but with a few constraints. My aunt doesn't want to sleep with everyone still in the house... So smash (at her house) will end somewhere from 10-11pm most likely, unless I convince her otherwise. Obviously this goes without saying but no destruction of her new house. She also isn't going to be providing food or anything, we're using her basement strictly as a venue, so yeah. You can still order pizza and whatnot, and if you don't wanna do that Liberty is like 5mins away with plenty of food options. Like I said before, I think I have enough TV's, we mainly need cubes and disks, but if you feel like bringing a TV as well, it'll never hurt. Please at least bring your disks, if nothing else. I told her we'll start around 4pm, I dunno how early everyone's willing to come, I can probably move it back to 3pm if people are willing to show up that early.

So the plan is ( For now ) 4pm - 10/11pm at:

7708 NE 75th Terrace
Kansas City, MO 64158

If you need help finding it, or any more info:
Call(Can't receive calls) Text me at: (816) 377-5548
Or Jfro at: (816) 803-6441 516-4226

Bring systems and disks, see you there!

Oh and give me input about starting earlier or not, Thanks
PYRO SMASH IS ON!

Yeah I know sorry for the short notice again. =P see you all there hopefully

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i lol'd. maybe i will =P

ggs everyone, thanks for the samus practice pryo, get upsmashed out of grab phat. & thanks for the little bit of ic's practice jace, next time i'm gonna want some more =P. if you do upload the sets i played (vs. massive 8bit & you) make sure you link me to 'em.
see everyone @ scshffl

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Oh yeah who recorded those matches? I wanna look over my Marth ones. Did dmac and I get recorded?

Pyro you should really let peeps know if pyrosmash is on earlier haha.

Jace08

Smash Lord
By the way guys just let me remind you that I really really need you to bring setups this saturday. McCollum has like no tvs in it so bring as many tvs as you can along with cubes and 64s.

This helps me out a lot thanks.

Massive

Smash Champion
Do you have a general head count for Saturday?

Also, does anyone need a teammate? I don't really want to chance a random KU scrub if I don't have to.

Jace08

Smash Lord
Do you have a general head count for Saturday?
Uh yeah sort of. We should get about fifteen local smashers, about 8 to ten or so OoSers, and maybe another 10 or so KU students if we're lucky. Of course there's probably some people pooping out on me (Phatgamer find someone to cover your shift mang!) so maybe around 30ish?

CFMV

"The Marf"
The only thing that could have been more awesome about last night's Dexter would be
if when Lundy was talking into his audio notes he would have just described him as "Middle aged male, white hair, looks EXACTLY like John Lithgow."

Echo

Smash Champion
Hey guys, I need to ask a huge favor of one of you guys from the Lawrence area, PLEASE...

I seemed to have left my phone at the IHOP there at 31st and Iowa. By the time I realized it we were already too far and I didn't want to go back with other people riding in my car trying to get home. I called the IHOP and they said they have it.

If one of you guys could PLEASE, PLEASE go over to this IHOP and get my phone from them and mail it to me, I would be more than willing to write you a check for your help. I'm talkin like 50$. I really need my phone and I can't really drive back for it :/

It is a Black LG Rhythm from Alltell. That should be enough to describe the thing. If you can help me out then just reply here and I can get you my info. Any kind of help I can get here would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Top Bottom