• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
gonna come to the smash this Sat if I can, mom said "I'll think about it," hope to see you guys again =)

dmac

Smash Champion
to clarify, i meant no disrespect to the brawl guys, just the guy that comes in that complains about melee, and then wants us to hold a tournament for him

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
hey.

melee is a good game and i want to get better sooooo.

i'll be down to poop on phat and darkrain sometime soon hopefully.

you guys should hold a little mini barrio smash tourney if NE shows up for games at your place dark

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
hey.

melee is a good game and i want to get better sooooo.

i'll be down to poop on phat and darkrain sometime soon hopefully.

you guys should hold a little mini barrio smash tourney if NE shows up for games at your place dark
darkrain and dmac usually set up some kind of friendly tournament on Saturdays if I remember correctly. :)

dmac

Smash Champion
feel free to come to the barrio jbm, we almost always have multiple tournies, usually not for cash monies though

Jturley46

Smash Journeyman
Have any of you guys seen the brawl+ thing, it looks pretty sweet, almost like what everyone expected brawl to be like, and what everyone wanted for it because you can wavedash and l-cancel.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Have any of you guys seen the brawl+ thing, it looks pretty sweet, almost like what everyone expected brawl to be like, and what everyone wanted for it because you can wavedash and l-cancel.
Lack of shield stun and hitstun make it fail though.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
yes, they havent added hit stun, so you can dodge even easier out of them now. it is harder to predict air dodges. however l canceling adds a few more combos, but nothing still compared to melee.

Jturley46

Smash Journeyman
I saw a video and after you airdodge you cant move again, which would mean you cant airdodge out of combos, but then I saw another one where it looked like the guy melee airdodged twice, so I dont know how it really is.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Congrats on Event 52 guys; it looks like it was a success. I am not a melee player so I wasn't coming home for it (8 hours factoring in the roundtrip, convincing someone to give me a ride, and paying for gas...), but I'm glad that it went well and some of that money stayed local.

Rolla is pretty dull for smash, especially since we have so few good players and those are divided on melee/brawl (3-3). A lot of random people are "scared" of me because of how huge my winning margins tend to be too; it's kinda funny. It's making me look forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas; I can't wait to meet up with the KC brawl scene again.

Speaking of which, have there been any developments about that alleged KC brawl tournament in December? The University of Missouri network (which includes both MU and Rolla) has their last day of finals on Friday the 19th (ugh) so if you wanted to schedule after they were done it'd have to be pretty late (please do if you can though!).

I hope darkrain doesn't actually hate brawl and brawl players; I really enjoyed our last set of friendlies and was looking forward to my next chance at them. I felt as though I was really able to learn a lot since, despite my best efforts, he was still the better player and all. Of course, if he never plays brawl again ever, that would make surpassing him a lot easier even if I can never know if I've succeeded...

Cups

Smash Ace
He hates brawl and all of us agreed to never play it again. Most of us have sold our copies of the game and have no motivation to play it. We are now playing 3rd strike primarily with melee every once in awhile. Congrats on your success and improvement, but darkrain won't be playing with you.

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
Don't know if I'll be able to make it to barrio this saturday. Have to work the night because of a banquet and I don't know how early I'll get out. David, I'll give you a call later today and maybe you, me, cups, rezo can get some games in. I don't have class tonight, so I'm up for some games later tonight.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Dammit, I'm almost sure can't come this Saturday. Mom in the hospital. D: Maybe another week. have fun guys

D

Deleted member

i'm actually thinking of coming to barrio this time, idk for sure though :S

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
mom's being stupid and keeps saying "no" and then saying "we'll see" about next week.
which is vague and ********

Top Bottom