• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

Duckersmsh3

Smash Cadet
meetings for the rest of this semester

3/30/10, to 4/15/10: GEB 233

4/20/10: CC211

4/22/10: CC211

4/27/10: GEB233

4/29/10: GEB233

5/4/10: COM 102

5/6/10: CC 224

5/11/10: GEB 233

5/13/10: GEB 233

Duckersmsh3

Smash Cadet
:083: I have news guys we are changing the way gig is run. its not going to affect us much we have now changed the club into having 7 counsel-members in stead of presidents. As of know i am the head for consoles, virtually none of my powers have changed regarding us. Its nearly the same as when Blake and i and then Chris and i were co-presidents of the club, except I've been told we cant call it that pfft whatever. Room request still are done by me for our uses.

This means that i no-longer have to deal with all this kiddy $*** that has been going on this semester . I apologize for my anger its a part of me that even i don't like, and its a problem Ive been working with my doctors to fix and maintain.

In other news if you haven't already heard the people at the center for student involvement or CSI ( the people we now do room requests with) has lobbied for a permanent room for us at the campus. The room is under construction as i post and rumor has it we will be getting 6 fixed wall mounted flat-screens TVs, most likely the same size they have everywhere else. It may be possible to move in as soon as summer.:083:

Jace08

Smash Lord
Wow that's kinda crazy, they're building a whole room for the gaming club? I guess they'll probably have other uses for it too when we aren't around. Thanks for the heads up ducker

See ya dudes on thursday

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
:083: I have news guys we are changing the way gig is run. its not going to affect us much we have now changed the club into having 7 counsel-members in stead of presidents. As of know i am the head for consoles, virtually none of my powers have changed regarding us. Its nearly the same as when Blake and i and then Chris and i were co-presidents of the club, except I've been told we cant call it that pfft whatever. Room request still are done by me for our uses.

This means that i no-longer have to deal with all this kiddy $*** that has been going on this semester . I apologize for my anger its a part of me that even i don't like, and its a problem Ive been working with my doctors to fix and maintain.

In other news if you haven't already heard the people at the center for student involvement or CSI ( the people we now do room requests with) has lobbied for a permanent room for us at the campus. The room is under construction as i post and rumor has it we will be getting 6 fixed wall mounted flat-screens TVs, most likely the same size they have everywhere else. It may be possible to move in as soon as summer.:083:
a room for us? <33333

ggs tonight people, very nice to have watkins come by and mix things up, tons of fun was had

xbombr

Smash Ace
I lol'd @ the fact that they're constructing a room for a gaming club that has an alarmingly large portion of it's attendance consisting of non-JCCC students.

D

Deleted member

I lol'd @ the fact that they're constructing a room for a gaming club that has an alarmingly large portion of it's attendance consisting of non-JCCC students.
what they don't know won't hurt them

FuLLBLeeD

Smash Journeyman
Hi guys, I'm new here, figure I'd introduce myself (ArkiveZero, you'll recognize me from the thread over at Shoryuken).

This account is from a long time ago when Brawl was first released. I can't say I'm really much of a fan of the game anymore, Brawl really didn't interest me that much. Brawl+ is alright, I play that occasionally. I play mostly traditional fighters like Street Fighter 4, BlazBlue and Tatsunoko vs Capcom. I could bring my stuff down if anyone wanted. Thursday's don't work for me atm, but two Thursdays from now my night class will be over.

For the record, here's the stuff I have:

-A soft modded Wii with Brawl+ stuff ready to go
-3 Gamecube controllers
Tatsunoko vs Capcom
-PS3
-BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger
-Street Fighter 4
-Marvel vs Capcom 2
-Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix

I'll probably have to get a duffel bag or something, I really don't have any way to carry this stuff around right now.

ArkiveZero I know you play other fighters, would you be interested in playing on Tuesday maybe?

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Brawl is on tuesdays, Melee is on thursdays. I only go on Thursdays since brawl sucks, but I'd totally be down to fire up some Blazblue and Street Fighter 4. TvC sounds pretty hot too.

FuLLBLeeD

Smash Journeyman
Brawl is on tuesdays, Melee is on thursdays. I only go on Thursdays since brawl sucks, but I'd totally be down to fire up some Blazblue and Street Fighter 4. TvC sounds pretty hot too.
Sounds good. :) It won't be for two weeks until this night class is over, but after that I'm game.

Only problem is I only have an HDMI cable for my PS3...what kind of inputs do the TVs you guys use use? I could probably pick up a cheap RGA cable for the PS3.

xbombr

Smash Ace
Considering that they're SDTV's (otherwise we wouldn't be playing melee on them) there are no HDMI ports that I know of.

edit: Anyone know anything about GiGaSmash?

FuLLBLeeD

Smash Journeyman
SDTVs are better for fighting games anyway. No input lag. I'll see if I can find my regular cables.

D

Deleted member

ArkiveZero I know you play other fighters, would you be interested in playing on Tuesday maybe?
i'd be down for TvC until BB:CS and SSF4 come out i guess.

coming on tuesdays would basically be a waste of your time. i mean if you wanted to play traditional fighters then your best bet would probably be kevin's tuesday hook up, you can get the address in the SRK thread. i think they play SF4 and your other games there.

if for some reason you can't go to that hook up, i guess i'd be down for TvC and HDR until SSF4 comes out. i'd need a stick tho >_>

FuLLBLeeD

Smash Journeyman
i'd be down for TvC until BB:CS and SSF4 come out i guess.

coming on tuesdays would basically be a waste of your time. i mean if you wanted to play traditional fighters then your best bet would probably be kevin's tuesday hook up, you can get the address in the SRK thread. i think they play SF4 and your other games there.

if for some reason you can't go to that hook up, i guess i'd be down for TvC and HDR until SSF4 comes out. i'd need a stick tho >_>
I have two PS3 arcade sticks, but only one arcade stick for the Wii.

Duckersmsh3

Smash Cadet
Wow that's kinda crazy, they're building a whole room for the gaming club? I guess they'll probably have other uses for it too when we aren't around. Thanks for the heads up ducker

See ya dudes on thursday
thats the crazy thing there are like 6 other couterparts working on my lvl nowe and they want to do other club activies /game dev table top games and stuff and they want to make some kind of gig happen 6 days a week
i wont be at gig till like 545 i got class so i c ant make the meeting is blake or stealth or jace able to make it at 4:00 they want to make sume kind of meeting all i reely need is to someone to nod andd smile while not dragging us into anything

Jace08

Smash Lord
Well, I guess I shouldn't be surprised... up until now the people who came to the club who weren't smashers would just sit kinda behind us and do... nothing. If they want to start doin stuff I say more power to them ><

Oh and yeah 4 is kinda early Ducker, I'm sure it's not a big deal if none of us are there, right?

FuLLBLeeD

Smash Journeyman
What is GigaSmash? Some sort of tournament at JCCC?

Any chance of other games getting played?

Also Jace this is a total long shot but you wouldn't happen to live with two roommates, one of whom is named Ben W., would you?

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
What is GigaSmash? Some sort of tournament at JCCC?

Any chance of other games getting played?
The JCCC Game Interest Group (GIG) has venued and hosted for several tournaments.

JCCC GIG Fun Day (Gears of War, Melee, Madden, WiiBowling, Guitar Hero)
GIGaBrawl
[Halo 3 Event of epic stolen property fail]
GIGaBrawl 2
Event 52 (Ran by Darkrain & the Barrio crew, hosted by us)
GIGaBrawl 3 (lawrence)

Instead of another Gigabrawl, we're hoping to have one day of Melee and one day of Brawl, and we figure that the re-name to GIGaSmash is most appropriate.

We hope to get this event happening some time in May O.o Problem is finding a time that the ideal Capitol Federal Conference Room (a fantastic venue spot) is not already occupied by other college events.

Also Jace dorms up with his twin brother.

FuLLBLeeD

Smash Journeyman
If I could get enough people for a Street Fighter tournament would you consider doing that as well? If there's enough room as been said it shouldn't be an issue.

Jace08

Smash Lord
^that sucks

Yeah duck try to call whoever you need to call and get that venue secured asap, cuz the sooner we do that the sooner we'll be able have people clearing their calendars for it. Let me know if I can do anything to help with the regnier center or whatever

xbombr

Smash Ace
I'm going to need like a month's notice and a non-rockfest date to ensure 99% that I can take off work for this thing. Freaking rockfest ends up making me have to work a long shift every **** year since EVERYONE takes off for it and it makes it impossible to RO.

So if it all possible, please avoid a May 15th date for melee as Rockfest might hurt attendance anyway. If you absolutely have to use that weekend for GIGaSmash then put melee on Sunday or something if that's possible. :\

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
so I might be able to be there Thursday. If I go I'll bring a Wii + Project M and Melee for whenever people say "this isn't melee!" after one or two games.

Jace08

Smash Lord
I've got a test this thursday night at 5:45. It shouldn't take me too long though so I'll still drive to jccc after, I'll just be late

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
2012 is gonna be mad hype. I can't wait to duel the government when they try to steal all of our crops.

Top Bottom