• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
ggs tonight guys! lack of turnout is bs but hopefully it will improve.

IMPORTANT ANOUNCEMENT REGARDING GIG AND ITS FUTURE

so basically, the club is getting its *** off the ground and is trying to expand and not just be a club for us smashers to hang out. im all for it, but there are some things i need to bring to your attention. as decided tonight, garet/ducker is no longer the president of GIG. there has also been a restructuring of officers and such, as well as a possible increase in the number of meeting days. before, we were very loose and could basically leave whenever. now, however, we are strictly enforcing rules about when we can be there. there is a new director of consoles, and if he leaves we have to leave. i dont think that is gonna be a problem, but he will leave when we are supposed to, so when he asks you guys to pack up and leave, you are gonna have to listen. i know you guys (especially the melee crew *looks at jace*) like to stay really late, but that cant happen anymore. we are also going to have to listen to whatever he says, so if he asks you guys to tone it down or other stuff like that listen or risk being kicked. it hasnt been brought up yet to us, but i have heard rumblings so i am going to bring this up ahead of time in hopes to stop it before it happens. i know we have sayings that we use often, but some people do find this offensive, and in an attempt to better our image and attract more people, we are going to have to stop saying certain things. this includes "****" and "gay" (inb4thatsgay). i know i more then anyone is guilty of this, but lets try to remove this when we are at the meetings. i dont think cursing is bad per se, but lets also try to tone it down, for the sake of the club. the club has been VERY generous to allow us to have free reign for a couple years, but changes are being enacted to expand our club. i respectfully ask everyones cooperation in this matter, for the sake of the club. thank you for taking time out of your horrendously busy day to read this massive post.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
i dont think any such thing was found, unless someone accidentally stuffed in in the bag :/ may wanna run back and check, or hit the lost and found up in the carlsen center

Jace08

Smash Lord
Maaan I wish I was an officially ranked club officer or console director, just think of the power! Mmm all that power...

well maybe someday I'll be cool enough

Jace08

Smash Lord
Well now you are officially uncool like the rest of us then

Maybe we should each make up our own official titles so we'll matter

8bit you can have the title "Tv Supervisor," Arkive can be ranked as "Attendance Grandmaster" and Raith you're stuck with "Cushion Checker"

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
if you dont like it dont come, thats all im saying, we dont need them kicking out smashers. i dont think its too hard of a requirement, but meh

and the whole watch what you say thing, it isnt anything i have heard officially but i have heard rumblings about it from blake

Jace08

Smash Lord
*sigh* no one appreciates my humor ><

but yeah we've been goin to GIG for years with no problems and we aren't going to let anyone push us around there because they enjoy exercising their made-up power from the rank they made up for themselves. I'm not saying that's everyone's motivation for all this new stuff but what else is there for some people to do when they show up and don't play any kind of video game?

We don't need any kinds of limits or rules because once you get to know us we're actually cool dudes, and it's been working fine this way ever since we first showed up at GIG. Stealth next meeting you have with whoever's trying to shake things up just tell em to relax and not worry so much about us smashers

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
if you dont like these limitations then dont come. im dead serious, we have skated by due to luck and the fact noone cared. things are changing now, and we are going to have to listen or security can and will be called on us. im just letting you guys know to expect it. if you dont like it, dont come like i have already mentioned.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
So why do people care now?

Nobody cares about gamers, nobody ever shows up to kick us out. Let me just teach security a little lesson. I aint scurred.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
because we are trying to overhaul the system and try to expand the club, and as such rule are going to be enforced. need i remind you that both you and jace are playing on the good graces of the club and have NO RIGHT to be there in the eyes of the school because neither of you go there. im sorry that it has to be this way. like i said what you say hasnt really been mentioned yet, but if an officer asks you to leave because of time, you are gonna have to leave

FuLLBLeeD

Smash Journeyman
Well I actually attend JCCC, so is there any way for me to get into contact with the president of the club?

xbombr

Smash Ace
edit: Forget it. I coulda seen this coming by sitting through their meeting last week.

None of them ever show up to their meetings anyway, so I don't see this being a huge problem...

Jace08

Smash Lord
Okay it looks like I gotta explain further

It's not just about being able to stay late, it's about people telling us what to do because they have control over nothing else. That's because there is nothing TO control, a sad reality for some of them I'm sure as they sit there in their meetings. I'm all for the club expanding, and we all know we smashers aren't going to disrupt that. But that's no reason for them to act like they are an authority over us.

Stealth, you aren't realizing that no matter how many rules or limits they try to place on us, whatever authority they think they have is completely manufactured. It's fake. And to the security dudes (who I'm sure by now we know much better than they do) there are no "official ranks and titles." We're all kids in a community college, and if one student says "throw those guys out, now! Cuz they... won't follow our rules" I'm not exactly gonna be quivering in fear.

Now when the cleaning staff tells us to do something, I always listen. Those people are doing real work with their real job, and I wouldn't want to get in the way of it. But there's an emptiness in all this officially titled"president officer console director" stuff that just never seems to be acknowledged. It's okay, it actually reminds me of the humor from the show "The Office" quite a bit and can get kinda funny, but if they keep pushing they're forcing themselves to acknowledge it at some point.

No offense is meant by this. We'll continue respecting all the other club dudes like we always have. I'm sure they'll do the same.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
um they are the officers of the club, they DO have authority over us, for as long as we are allowed to play there, the leaders of the club can tell us what to do. like i said they are heavily restructuring how this club is run, so there are new leaders. as leaders of the club they are empowered by the college to run the club. they DO have the right to call security on us at any time, and its something i would rather avoid. if you still want to believe me, then i cant help you, do as you wish

Jace08

Smash Lord
*shakes head* You'll probably see what I mean sometime in the future, in the meantime I guess that kind of mindset doesn't hurt anything

dang you potts lol I said I didn't care about that so much, it's just a pet peeve of mine to be told what to do by some people

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
you act like these people are an outside force that dont even know us.... when in fact they have been avoiding us. regardless, they are the only people who have power in the club. ill stop now, but if they ask you to do something do it

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
basically we have to leave when they tell us is the only official thing so far, which shouldnt be a problem. the other thing i mentioned isnt a current problem but could potentially be one. if our language is driving off other people it will have to go, but nothing has been said about that yet

Top Bottom