• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I'm looking for 4 more TVs for GH2

I have 1 from Danny

Anyone got 3 more that we can use?

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
CONFIRMATION: Smash at my place today 5:30 to 11:00pm

Since no smash happened last time, Danny and I are itching for some real matches and solid practice. Get pro, casuals leave.

DeLux

Lawrence is 90% sure of coming. Working out hte carpool

Tony22

Smash Cadet
McCollum Smashfest (McSmashfest)

Recently, Delux and I discovered huge potential in attracting KU students to the competitive brawl scene. So we had a prototype mcsmashfest, and it went over well.
Therefore,
The first official McSmashfest is Friday, September 21st from 7 p.m. until whenever.
If you can bring your own tv's and wii's (and of course gamecube controllers) that would be appreciated.
It's on the 3rd floor lobby of McCollum Hall (the only dorm with 3 wings on daisy hill, which is on 15th and Iowa Street)
because I'm a broke-*** college student without a phone, message me on facebook (Tony Woolery) or in the comment thread to tell me if you want to go, so I know how many people to accommodate, and when I need to let people in (since you need me to let you guys into McCollum)
The more the merrier, for sure.
Let's bring success to Kansas!

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
Last smashfest was pretty awesome, got to see a new face and had lots of good games in.

And by GG's I mean thanks Averil for the free wins

CONFIRMATION: Smash at my place 5:30-11:00pm. If you're not a regular, please post here in this thread that you're coming. Directions are on first post of this thread.

You all are lucky that Borderlands 2 isn't going to be released until midnight tonight, otherwise Danny and I would've cancelled smash.

I have 70 cans of Dr.Power, and half of them are in the refridgerator.

Recently, Delux and I discovered huge potential in attracting KU students to the competitive brawl scene. So we had a prototype mcsmashfest, and it went over well.
Therefore,
The first official McSmashfest is Friday, September 21st from 7 p.m. until whenever.
If you can bring your own tv's and wii's (and of course gamecube controllers) that would be appreciated.
It's on the 3rd floor lobby of McCollum Hall (the only dorm with 3 wings on daisy hill, which is on 15th and Iowa Street)
because I'm a broke-*** college student without a phone, message me on facebook (Tony Woolery) or in the comment thread to tell me if you want to go, so I know how many people to accommodate, and when I need to let people in (since you need me to let you guys into McCollum)
The more the merrier, for sure.
Let's bring success to Kansas!
I can actually go to this. Don't have facebook so replying here. I will be on campus after class ends at 1:50pm. Will leave my car at the Park & Ride lot and bring my computer with me (wii and tv in car). I suppose after 5:00pm, someone can take me over to my car so I can get the stuff and also park closer.

DeLux

I can actually go to this. Don't have facebook so replying here. I will be on campus after class ends at 1:50pm. Will leave my car at the Park & Ride lot and bring my computer with me (wii and tv in car). I suppose after 5:00pm, someone can take me over to my car so I can get the stuff and also park closer.
Yo Blake, are you sticking around for this?

If you need a ride or w/e I'm at 714 906 6582 so hit me up?

DeLux

Sebastian why are you repping the ZSS post bit?

I thought you were a fox player lol

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
CONFIRMATION: Smash at my place 5:30 to 11:00pm. Major tournament coming up, better freshen up and grind hard, it's gettin' real tonight.

hello i am new to this website
If you're really from topeka then I'm sorry to say, my place is a long drive from you but you may get on well with the scene in Lawrence. DeLux is the guy to talk to for that.

Also I may be retiring from sersbrawl and converting my monday schedule into a hangout amongst my friends. We have more games to play than Smash. Not to say that it hasn't been extremely fun all this time, but my continued interest in hosting smashfests with confirmations on this thread is questionable.

DeLux

Hey, thanks everyone for all the help with GH2

You guys helped make it all possible. SOOOO worth it

Until I see the post tourney Bill at least lol

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
that is a real cheap venue for what you get, i was impressed. JCCC venue is still the best in the midwest but at a far heftier bill. if we ever get a huge national possible tourney going i would reccomend it though it would cost an arm and a leg if you didnt get attendance

Smash Lord
Danny/Blake I let you guys you my console for the tournament, but I was way too tired to make it to massive's last weekend, so I didn't get it back yet. Can you tell me who has my console right now so that I can pick it up?

DeLux

I know a couple people are starting to play it casually, but I personally can't because like in melee, the games fast pace causes the camera to zoom in and out quickly causing me to get motion sick.

DeLux

I thought Buffering was toggleable as on/off and you could customize how many frames buffering was allowed up to 10

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
thats what i thought till i saw the official ruleset saying buffering was to be set to off

i was seriously considering entering the project m tourney till i saw that rule

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
Confirmation: Smash at my place Monday night 5:30-11:00. Because it is KU's fall break we may get good attendance this time around.

We may or may not fool around with a fantastic multiplayer game called Artemis. It's a starship bridge simulator, google it if interested. I have played it before and have enjoyed it.

Top Bottom