• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

Smash Lord
Most people have college and other activities, so a lot of people can only dedicate one day to smash, if that. The melee people already meet on Thursday and Saturday so we don't really need a 3rd day.

Not only that but the Brawl and Melee players don't get along too well. Hell, the Brawl players themselves don't even get along with each other too well.
Saturdays? When and where?

Jace08

Smash Lord
We play at massive's place in like gladstone or whatever it is. We get a pretty good turnout every week too but it's all melee and some 64

FuLLBLeeD

Smash Journeyman
Do I need to bring my PS3 or can one of you guys bring one? My PS3 is one of the fat models and is a ***** to carry around..if someone could bring it a slim that would be great, and I could bring my two arcade sticks.

Plus I lost my A/V cables for my PS3, I only have HDMI.

Someone get back to me, thanks. Email is nordiquefb at yahoo.com and my Yahoo messenger is just nordiquefb.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
FuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I thought yall were meeting at Massives place this Sat.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Really!?!?!?!?! Awesome, do yall play SSF4 at JCCC too!? Also Glad to know I'm welcome in Kansas thanks!!! <333

FuLLBLeeD

Smash Journeyman
Really good **** last night guys. GGs Arkive, looking forward to playing with you again soon. I need to get in on some Melee action too. That was probably hands down my favorite multiplayer Gamecube game next to Timesplitters 2, and I played the hell out of it. I played Yoshi and Samus. Yoshi is low tier but he's a lot of fun, he can't really compete at a high level (unless you work really ****ing hard) because of his terrible matchups against characters like Shiek. Samus is my competitive character, although I never learned how to wavedash properly.

I think that Smash Melee is a lot like Marvel vs Capcom 2. There are characters that are god tier, but that doesn't mean you can't have fun playing the low tier guys. I noticed you guys played a couple matches with items on, which can be fun too. :)

So basically I need to play Melee again...game had lighting fast gameplay. I guess Smash Bros Brawl kind of turned me off to the entire series because the game was complete garbage and had a slower pace then Monopoly, but Melee is one of my favorite games of all time so I really have no idea why I haven't played it in over two years.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
It's basically just 4, the differences aren't too noticeable. The new characters are awesome though. Just having Makoto makes me love the game.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
haha I'll be using Makoto too!!! I need a second character but havent decided on one yet. Maybe Hakan!?

8BitRevolver

Smash Journeyman
LEWKS LIEK ITS TIME TO OIL UP!!

so we got 3 makoto players and 2 vipers
sounds like a hoot

xbombr

Smash Ace
Samus is my competitive character, although I never learned how to wavedash properly.
Oh boy, if you like Samus without wavedashing, just wait until you fully incorporate it into your game.

WD back ***** everything that isn't a projectile or spaced past you.

Jace08

Smash Lord
everybody better OIL UP tomorrow for this tourney

and stealth said that we're in a different room than normal this week. It's room 157 in the Regnier Center. I'll probably call you guys once I'm there to confirm

Jace08

Smash Lord
Noooo Raaaaaaith I need practice yo

Wait that gives me an idea, lemmey explain

So I totally just got owned by the KU dining meal plan. They basically give you $170 or so worth of what they call "cuisine cash," money that can be spent on food on campus/dorms. I thought that this would carry over for me to next year if I didn't spend it, but I just learned that it won't! It's just gone forever if I don't use it up by the end of the semester. And I still have like 150 bucks left ><

So that means free snacks for you guys tomorrow at JCCC! I'm gonna bring plenty to give away, and if anyone wants me to get anything in particular just tell me and I'd be happy to get it. The places I'm buying from have basically the same food as gas stations, so like think candy, hostess snacks, etc. Really I gotta use this up so don't be shy. Oh and I'll bring some saturday too but for tomorrow take MAH BRIBE and show up!

I never thought being my normal cheap self would bite me in the butt like this ><

but hey now you guys get free food

FuLLBLeeD

Smash Journeyman
So I'm confused...what room are we going to be in?

Jace if you could bring some soda like Mountain Dew that would be really cool. :)

Top Bottom