• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

Jace08

Smash Lord
Who's ready for some games tomorrow?

Oh and arkive if you could bring your hacking stuff that'd be great

Can't wait to play chrono trigger

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
I'm ready to own some ane in games tomorrow if that's what you meant.

Chrono Trigger is the best game ever btw

Jace08

Smash Lord
Eeeeeh sucky weather is sucky

no one poop out on us though. We're in Carlsen Center 211 today according to the schedule

Jace08

Smash Lord
Holy crap it's Raith's rival!

Yep here's a map- http://www.jccc.edu/files/img/maps/map-999x760.jpg

The building labeled CC is the Carlsen Center. Again the room number is 211, so just get to the second floor of the building and you shouldn't have much trouble. Call me if you have any problems at (913) 787-3094. Also everyone usually shows up around 5:30ish

So 8bit, arkive, potts, me, and raith and REZO confirmed so far. Not bad at all for a rainy day

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
The games today kinda sucked imo.

Anyone have a computer that can run 3rd strike and melty blood? My tower is literally like 70 pounds and my monitor is huge so I was hoping I could get somebody to bring something a little more portable and I'll just bring my external hard drive.

Jace08

Smash Lord
Eh I thought today's games were fun, you were just gettin tripped up by all the cords lol. Don't worry we'll be back to our normal spots for the next like 4 weeks at least. Next week we're back in GEB 233

FuLLBLeeD

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I was planning on going today but realized I'd promised my buddy I'd eat dinner with him the same night. I'll try to come next week and can bring Super Street Fighter 4 (since it releases two days before) or Tatsunoko vs Capcom depending on what everyone is in the mood to play.

adhdsoad, I'd love to play third strike. I have a laptop that has an HDMI output..but I don't really want to drag a console + sticks + laptop. If someone can bring in a laptop and cable we can hook it up to a monitor or something..we just need the right cables. I'm complete trash at 3S but I want to learn to play. :) Melty Blood I guess I'll try too since everyone on SRK seems to be raving about it.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Yeah it's 4 button. Melty blood is probably my favorite traditional fighting game actually. I just love the characters. I'll probably end up bringing my pc but if we could get a different way of setting it up, that would be sooo much better haha.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
I've never played mbaa, and I wasn't even good at mbac, so yeah you will. I never had anyone to play with when I fired it up. I'm having a hella hard time finding an arcade rom for it. Sega Naomi roms are like inexistent.

dmac

Smash Champion
yeah i knew that stealthy, just was putting it out there since quote simply said smash instead of specifically brawl

Smash Lord
theres always melee/64 if you're interested :)
no melee/64 people come on tuesday dmac lol. quote is welcome to go on thursday where there is smash 64 and melee
yeah i knew that stealthy, just was putting it out there since quote simply said smash instead of specifically brawl
I never really understood why everyone thinks that Tuesday is strictly brawl and Thursday is melee only. You guys have a nice two days to play smash and you don't use both? Honestly, I just don't get it. I'd be going on Thursdays too if it didn't overlap with one of my classes, especially since my preference is 64.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Most people have college and other activities, so a lot of people can only dedicate one day to smash, if that. The melee people already meet on Thursday and Saturday so we don't really need a 3rd day.

Not only that but the Brawl and Melee players don't get along too well. Hell, the Brawl players themselves don't even get along with each other too well.

Top Bottom