• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kahoka Me Your Moves!---MW-W Circuit Event #3---May 1-3; Kahoka, MO

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
i do agree with that reason. we should try to keep a consistent stage list. idk what oshkosh had for stages but even if it was different then no koast we should try to keep it consistent.

EDIT: then get rid of green greens

Cook

Smash Master
G&W isn't necessarily broken on Green Greens and Corneria, neither is Pikachu. Oli still does well against either of them there, for instance. I'm sure there are other characters that do fine against them as well. If you play only Link then you're probably gonna get ****ed no matter what.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Ok, did that get recorded? I would pay money to see that. I'm imagining him getting knocked from one explosion into another, but I know that didn't happen. But still, i would like, very much, to see that, lol.
you didn't see my match against jbm a long time ago on pirate ship, cannonball me into the water, before i could jump out another cannonball hits me and kills me, i start my second stock, jbm grab releases me into ANOTHER cannonball, somehow from like 0 percent this thing does some rediculous amount of damage, i end up losing ANOTHER stock, and then come back to win the match lol.

also, i disagree with lylat and delfino as neutrals, they are just too gay, but i'll just strike them every single time anyway so idc.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I'm fine with losing Pirate Ship, but I actually really like Green Greens. The other difference from the NO KOAST list is Distant Planet which is a pretty awesome stage and something to note. I really wouldn't like NO KOAST's list minus Green Greens since my baseline strategy is to pick Norfair or Green Greens, whichever my opponent doesn't ban. Corneria doesn't like me, and I'm uncomfortable on Rainbow Cruise. I don't mind so much if I get Distant Planet (or Port Town Aero Dive) to replace Green Greens though. It's kinda funny how this tournament started with a super liberal list and has really trimmed it down.

Anyway, regardless of what this tournament uses, maybe while there we should take the chance to play a good number of friendlies on some of these stages and actually hammer out as a region what we want to do, maybe get some really solid "official MW-W rules" we all agree on or something (we should also make sure we all or mostly agree about planking and King Dedede's infinites). This presumes I'll be able to make it (I am pretty sure I will!), but you know with me that I'll abuse anything and everything to the maximum so you don't have to worry about that. I'm also willing to play on pretty much any stage that's legal in anyone's wildest dreams (my wildest dreams involving Rumble Falls and Big Blue) so if anyone wants "this is why Pirate Ship is broken" or "is that stage really bad?" games with me, I'm always up for it.

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
If your worried about GaW camping under the stage i dont think that you will have anything to worry about. Speaking for myself i would never do that in a match, i hate camping to win more than anything. And im also pretty sure Jordan and Nicole wouldnt. Point is that i dont think some rouge douche bag GaW is going to show up and play that way.

Legan

Smash Lord
lol! youd be so surprised!

People feel like they gotta do what they gotta do when moneys on the line. I just wrote up that scenario where my crewmate was pickachu and he ran back & fourth on corneria spamming thunder and thunder jolt and there was absolutely nothing that could be done regardless of character . Amazing ampharos just did the up B stall at the tournament we held last week and hes openly admitted that hell do it again if he gets the chance. G&W can do a similar stall on corneria making it a lose lose situation if both stages are legal.

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
Thats unfortunate, i guess it probably happens more at the bigger tournies. I did witness it this weekend on corneria with pika tho. The sheik was in the middle at the base of the fin and the pika kept poping up on the fin and used those jolts for like 2 min. It was irratating for me and i wasnt even playing lol.

Cook

Smash Master
If your worried about GaW camping under the stage i dont think that you will have anything to worry about. Speaking for myself i would never do that in a match, i hate camping to win more than anything. And im also pretty sure Jordan and Nicole wouldnt. Point is that i dont think some rouge douche bag GaW is going to show up and play that way.
Heh. Nicole planks hardcore when it comes down to that.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
You really can't stall on Corneria like you can on Green Greens. Corneria only has one low area so once you are forced out of there, your stall game is broken. Also, on Green Greens, I was actually stalling on top of the stage, exploiting the blocks. I'm not convinced it's uncounterable; I'd like to play more people on that stage to see how they try to counter it.

Also, where do we draw the line with under the stage stuff? You can break over half of the currently legal stages by just playing under the stage all day, including stages like Smashville. It's definitely super easy on Green Greens, possible with more of the cast (including Mr. Game & Watch), and looks a bit different, but it seems to be the same thing to me...

As per playing to win, I'll do literally anything to win within the game. It's a shame you guys are all good at countering planking...

Nicole

Smash Champion
Wooooowwwww this is really heated.

Can't we just use the stage list that is posted as the recommended stagelist for the Circuit Events? It's on the MWCW board...

Also, for everyone who's been referring to my planking on Green Greens at NoKoast, I was playing against DOMO on green greens, of course I'm going to plank! He's about a million times better than me and the only possible chance I had of beating him was to stay somewhere where he couldn't hit me. I STILL LOST!!!

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
This is incredibly naive. Whatever can be done to win will be done to win. That's the way that it should be.
If you don't think it should be that way then you do not want to play a competitive game.
What is wrong with you, I do not understand your logic. Actually I understand it but I fail to see why you would think that. Me and everyone I consistantly play with plays to get better, all for the competitive scene. Sure we play and want to win, but more importantly we want people to see us and praise us for our style and strategy, not just to have a few bucks at the end of the day. I play cause i want people to respect my name as a good player for good reasons, not simply because i won. Not sure about you, but I put pride in all i do and always want to better myself. In a tourny i like to see if my best can beat anothers best. Not which dirty trick can i use to win and not care how it looks in the end.

nightwing2024

Smash Cadet
Okay, a small amount of bad news. Dr. K...can't come. He has to work like a little beech.

But, the rest of us still are. So woo!

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
This is incredibly naive. Whatever can be done to win will be done to win. That's the way that it should be.
If everyone thought that way then everyone will be playing Meta Knight, unless he was banned >.0

Minnesota is more than likely coming, at least some of us. =]
Well who's some of us, I kinda want to know since I haven't seen some of you guys for a while.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i'm pretty sure there is some rule in place against excessive stall, so that shouldn't be AS big of a deal. as AA mentioned, perfectly normal stages like Smashville can be taken advantage of in extremely gay ways.

LouBega

Smash Journeyman
i'm pretty sure there is some rule in place against excessive stall, so that shouldn't be AS big of a deal. as AA mentioned, perfectly normal stages like Smashville can be taken advantage of in extremely gay ways.
i'll be pretty dq heavy so i wouldn't try to stall. i'll even dq people for looking at me funny.

Fino

Smash Master
If your worried about GaW camping under the stage i dont think that you will have anything to worry about. Point is that i dont think some rouge douche bag GaW is going to show up and play that way.
Wait.... I thought Amazing Ampharos WAS coming :$

i'll be pretty dq heavy so i wouldn't try to stall. i'll even dq people for looking at me funny.
O.o ??

=^_^ v

:psycho:

~Fino

neomadgic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
neomagic249

Well who's some of us, I kinda want to know since I haven't seen some of you guys for a while.
Me, Moe, Yoshii, Deepak, Ninja, Amanze, Triple R, Nappy

Can't wait to see you IA people again. It's been reeeeaaaalllll long. (Oh, and I didn't forget about you guys either jordan and kit)

Cook

Smash Master
Me, Moe, Yoshii, Deepak, Ninja, Amanze, Triple R, Nappy

Can't wait to see you IA people again. It's been reeeeaaaalllll long. (Oh, and I didn't forget about you guys either jordan and kit)
****, that's a good showing. GG's guys!

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
alright, seems we will be making it out to this after all

:D

there's gonna be some epic MWE vs MWW crew battles goin on ;D

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Do you really think we should represt all of the MWE?
XD

Nicole

Smash Champion
Man this thing is getting a huge turn-out, this is awesome!

All these people are going to be SO disappointed when they see Kahoka though. It's the worst place ever.

Top Bottom