• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So guys, i think it's time for more questions, for old time sake:

1-Has there ever been a moment in which you wanted to give up on supporting K.Rool?
2-Are you going to make a "I was wrong" thread on the K.Rool subforums?
3-What is your favorite and least favorite Kremling?
4-Is K.Rool your favorite Nintendo Villain? or even your favorite Nintendo character?
5-Was there anyone who convinced you about supporting K.Rool? or did you started supporting K.Rool on your own?
6-If K.Rool makes it into Smash, do you think he would become a mainstay for the rest of the series?
7-Do you hate me?
8-Some of you may know this, but once Smash 4 speculation ends, i will leave these boards. When that happens, will you guys miss me? or you will be happy that someone as worthless and pathetic as me is finally gone?
1. Never! My support for the king is too strong to let go.
2. No reason for me to do so.
3. Re-Koil from DKC3 is my favorite, while Knocka from DKC3 is my least.
4. Not my favorite Nintendo character, but he is my favorite villain!
5. I started supporting him on my own.
6. I can imagine that he would be.
7. Not at all.
8. Why not? I'd miss anyone who'd stop coming here, though I might leave soon after the speculation ends myself.

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
DID SOMEBODY SAY "ON TOPIC"?
MORE LIKE ON TROPIC!

....Ahem, yes, Croc fact of the day: all crocodilians swallow stones both as ballast and to help grind up food. Short fact, but there's not a ton to say. They eat rocks because the above reasons. That's it.
Hahaha! I love these Croc facts.

1-Has there ever been a moment in which you wanted to give up on supporting K.Rool?
Not since I started.

No!

My least favorites are probably the goofus-doofuses who hide in barrels. My favorite is maaaaybe the ghost skeleton, Kackles, for its eeriness as it pursues.

4-Is K.Rool your favorite Nintendo Villain? or even your favorite Nintendo character?
I think good old Bowser is my favorite bad guy. I dig Mewtwo as a powerful monster to tame, but most of his narrative purpose has been in the Pokémon cartoon, which I don't regard highly. Ganondorf is so monotonously evil that it gets boring. I would remark on Dedede, but someone would lose it if I in any way called him a villain regarding his boss roles early on. Same for Wario, Meta Knight, or Wolf.

I still regard K. Rool much higher than any one-off Nintendo villain like Wart, Tatanga, or Demise, though.

5-Was there anyone who convinced you about supporting K.Rool? or did you started supporting K.Rool on your own?
On my own. No one really convinced me; I knew about his massive backing since Brawl, but it wasn't until I had my own ideas on his playstyle that I really got interested.

6-If K.Rool makes it into Smash, do you think he would become a mainstay for the rest of the series?
The ballot winners are getting in on sheer ★popularity power★, so it's only fair that they become permanent fixtures of the series.

7-Do you hate me?
TO DEATH

8-Some of you may know this, but once Smash 4 speculation ends, i will leave these boards. When that happens, will you guys miss me? or you will be happy that someone as worthless and pathetic as me is finally gone?
Aw, don't say things like that. Why not stick around? There's still plenty to discuss about the game itself.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Alright to keep on topic with K. Rool, these posts seem fine instead of leaks and such...

7-Do you hate me?
Alrighty~

1.- Never. K. Rool HAS to make it at some point into SM4SH that won't change, ever.
2.- No. Why Would I? If I had to say it, I' say it and that's it.
3.- Favorite: Klaptraps. Second and Third would be Krusha followed by the minion kind of Kremlings. Least Favorite: Kuff N' Klout. Again, I don't knowabout them as much as others but by appearance only, they look weird to me. IMO, again.
4.- Mmm. I hope I don't get flack by this, but, no...BOWSER is my favorite villain. Followed by Ridley, and THEN King K. Rool though. In that case, I like him a lot as the first two. Reptilian villains ALWAYS.
5.- I supported King K. Rool, but wasn't that sure of his chances compared to others, but after thinking about it AND seeing the support here and there of him, I think he has a really decent shot. Besides, Donkey Kong is a series that could use more characters and the game itself for more villains. Something that is lacking in SM4SH and overall the series.
6.- Of course. Why wouldn't he be? He's an important part of the DK series, a villain, he wouldn't be a clone (most likely), and he could be an interesting choice for the game to have and play with the potential he has in store.
7.- Why would I? Have you done something bad...? Hmm...
8.- I'm not sure. I will be most definetely of the discussions and speculation of the game, but then I'm sure that is going to return when 5MASH NX comes around or move to the character special sub-forum if there is one, I'm sure of it.

I noticed something this afternoon on Nintendo's Twitter account...they changed their bio description. I don't know when it happened but, whereas previously there was just the first bit of the current description, they added on "We're listening, too."

Normally I wouldn't care much about this, but given that we just had a massive tweet that got 70k unique views ( bellboy64 bellboy64 ) and multiple hundreds of RTs and favorites (Nintendo gets a notification every time that happens), I think it's interesting that this amendment came just recently.

Go check it out! If you favorite it as well, that's one more notification they'll receive to "listen" to.
Interesting. If that's the case, someone should tell them when they 'dun goof' on something and see if they listen then. :troll:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion

7-Do you hate me?
1. I think most of you know the answer to that.
2. No. Much as I'd love to, I don't like being a smartass.
3. Favorite has got to be the regular old Kritter. Least favorite are Kluff and Klout.
4. No. My favorite Nintendo villain is Ganondorf (or at least he was before Skyward Sworld killed him) and my favorite Nintendo character is Wario.
6. Doubtlessly.
7. No. Anyone who likes Castlevania and Chrono Trigger is a friend of mine.
8. Don't be so hard on yourself man.

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
I'm a Wolf-hoper, but K. Rool would be cool too. It's really frustrating that we're in the dark regarding the future of these characters.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
So you may have noticed I've popped in here from time to time lately. In fact, I've been on Smashboards even after the initial game launched and speculation "ended" the first time, I've simply been in a private convo with a close band of friends as I've been drained of speculating since then.

But I've never forgotten my allegiance to the Kutthroats, and held on to that hope no matter how dim things seemed. One great reptilian villain has fallen, yes, but even in the light of a great ally's loss we stood strong. No cheap Mii costume has kept us down either, we've come too far to let a simple notion such as that sway us.

And now, my comrades, the time is close. The votes have been cast, our voices have been made heard, and our last stand approaches. The finest hour is at hand, and with the pieces set, there is but one thing we have left to do, one last time. :evil:

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero

7-Do you hate me?
1) Nope. Not really. Just not something I'm feverish over either.
2) I don't even know what this properly means.
3) Favorite? Can't go wrong with a klaptrap. Least? THE LIFE-STEALING BLACK BARREL CROCS IN DKC2.
4) Game Over, Return of Ganon. Favorite Nintendo character as a whole may damn well be :4wario2:.
5) As I hadn't played a true DK game (only Jungle Beat) before Brawl, I didn't really care about K. Rool because I had no experience. Across Smash 4, I've warmed up more and more to the idea of him.
6) No idea why he wouldn't.
7) Only when even you are afraid.
8) I mean.... you're a dude who periodically shows up and drops down a few things. Not quite to the regular "word of wisdom" holder of say False Sense or Morbid... after they came back from a hiatus. I'll morn for a bit but as it would be with anyone I didn't keep continued contact with... it'd fade away from memory.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm not being rude lol
The mods are chosen for a reason kinda, if they think they need to make a post warning to stop before handing out the warnings, they'll do it.
They don't need 2014/2015 mod wannabes to do their job for them. The people trying to do their job tend to get in trouble before the actual person they're warning themselves without any power to back it up too. Or at least both (or more) anyways.

If they wanna help, don't post and just silently wait for Mods to see the posts or hit the report button.
Closing words: Banjo > K Rool :^)
Though neither will get in tho, boo. And dang I wasted 13000th post in here.
Jg because a mod isn't here at all times doesn't mean you can strut around as you please.

If you're only here to get reactions, please leave.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

7-Do you hate me?
1. Nope. Always supported K. Rool since I started speculating (thank Pizzadudemanguy for my character interests).
2. For what?
3. I don't know.
4. Nope. I don't particularly have a favorite Nintendo villain but if its anyone, its probably Ridley since you know, he's ****ing awesome. Favorite Nintendo character is Falco Lombardi.
5. Totally not Pizzadudemanguy at all...
6. Why wouldn't he be.
7. You're pretty coolio. I've told you already. You are like the worst person in the world. Just leave. :p :troll:(this is a joke for those who don't know) WHY CAN'T I GET RID OF THIS LINE!!!!!
8. I liked you posting the GS comics in the Isaac thread so maybe. Come back for Smash 5 brah!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

7-Do you hate me?
(Drunk responses)

1. Nope. There were difficult times, like when I thought we would have to luck out on getting him in DKCR3 based on how much Retro wanted to listen to fans, but now that the ballot happened, I think he's a mortal lock for DKCR3, so he's either getting in Smash now or in half a decade (hence me buying into Stealth's "would happen eventually")

2. Why not? If people want to be good sports and say that they were wrong about muhrelevance being the end-all be-all, they should get a safe space in which to do so.

3. I am a big fan of Kutlass, who, based on his manual backstory, ordered two swords from a mail order that ended up being too big for him. I love all the Kremlings, but I'm not as huge on the Barrel Blast OCs as the DKC grunts. I feel like Paon should have tried bringing back more of the grunts like Kopter alongside making new ones (why Kludge and not Krusha, for example?)

4. Yes on both counts. I used to be bigger on Bowser, but all these underwhelming new appearances from him have soured me, while my appreciation for K. Rool has only grown

5. Nope. I started supporting him for Smash organically based on playing Melee and seeing him and Diddy not being included.

6. Yes. If he gets in as a result of the ballot and becomes basically an emblem of fan support, no way do they throw that away, especially if it nets him appearances in DK games in the intervening years

7. Not at all, stick around, man! You're awesome with these questions :-)

8. See the above, plus your general responses in this thread. Everyone in here should stick around to celebrate for at least a little while if we're lucky enough to get a subforum all our own

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Just to be clear, I only had doubts of King K. Rool until the smash ballot (and even before the ballot I really still kept my hopes up), I knew for sure he'd be an unbreakable lock for the game.

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092

7-Do you hate me?
1. Mii Costume, but then I came back after a couple hours thinking I had nothing to lose keeping up support.
2. I really hope I have a reason to.
3. Favourite is Skidda, don't really have a least favourite
4. Favourite Gaming character, favourite fictional charcter aside from Deadpool.
5. Started supporting on my own.
6. I do
7. Don't think so
8. I'll miss you and your questions.

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133

7-Do you hate me?
1. nope well kinda after the years of neglect from Nintendo but I jump right back to supporting him.

2. no

3. Its hard for me to choose between Kludge, Kasplat, Kritter, and Klubba. My least favorite are the viking kremlings (forgot name) from DK64 that are in Crystal Caves and Creepy Castle simply for the fact they use to scare me as a child.

4. He is my favorite Nintendo villian and may be my favorite villian in gaming (maybe tied with Dr. Eggman) and he may be my favorite Nintendo character but I love a lot of them. Wario, DK, King Boo, Ridley, Rosalina, Little Mac, Wolf, Dedede, Midna, Chrissy (Animal Crossing), DJ Octavio are some of my favorites as well.

5. On my own.

6. I hope so but then again I thought K.Rool would be a mainstay in DKC and we saw how that turned out....

7. You're okay I guess

8. Eh once K.Rool is confirmed i'm leaving too.

Last edited:

Travix Man

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TravixMan

7-Do you hate me?
1. I've been a proud supporter of K. Rool since the days of Melee and Brawl. Even the costume made me support the king even more, for I viewed the costume as a positive omen.
2. I would not. That would be a waste of thread space.
3. King K. Rool is my absolute favorite Kremling, following with Kritter and Klaptrap. My least favorite would probably be Kip and Kass (whiny brats.)
4. King K. Rool is my favorite Nintendo Villain. However, he is tied with Wario and Waluigi in regards to my favorite Nintendo characters.
5. I've supported King K. Rool since the very beginnings of my childhood when I played Donkey Kong 64 and Donkey Kong Country. I've rooted for him to appear in any game, and I was deeply upset that he hasn't been in a game in a very long time.
6. I am hoping he would become a mainstay, should he appear in Smash. We have people like Captain Falcon who seems to be stuck to the series for a very long time.
7. Nah, I don't hate anyone.
8. I'd probably leave Smashboards for a while after, so I am somewhat indifferent.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218

7-Do you hate me?
1- Nope, I always was confident. I just got a bit worried when the 3DS base game was released.. when Mewtwo was announced, I relaxed once again.

2- probably someone else will make this one. :p

3- Favorite (after K. Rool): Re-Koil; least ... well, must be Kaboom.

4- Well, he's probably my favorite Nintendo villain.

5- I started on my own! I always felt that he was missing, since Melee.

6- Yes, a lock as Link and Mario are.

7- No, why? :3

8- I'll miss these questions. :p (and u, S2)

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Speedwagon said:

7-Do you hate me?

1. Never! I am a strong K.Rooligan!

2. Nope. I'd be too happy with him in the game to bother with that.

3. Favorite: Probably Krook or Kannon. I just love DKC2's Pirate Kremlings in general and Kannon and Krook are the ones I immediately Link to some of my favorite levels in the game (Bramble Scramble, Castle Crush, Kannon's Claim)
Least Favorite: That weird Koil guy from DKC3. It's just a tad too goofy for me (Skidda is boss, tho)

4. YES. Favorite villain for sure! my favorite characters have to be Lucas and Wario together with K. Rool

5. Voted for him right after the april 1st direct.

6. I sure hope so! Sakurai better sticks with him, he's just too iconic. plus, if he gets in by the ballot, sakurai knows about the fan demand from a primary source. no excuses.

7. no

8. Sorry to say that, but I don't know you enough to care.

7-Do you hate me?
1-

Never.

I won't lie, the Mii costume rocked my confidence and I thought the worst at first. But now I am a little more hopeful.

2-

Nope.

3-

If we're talking minions, then my favourite would be Kopter, I don't have one that is my least favourite.

4-

Yep, he's my favourite Nintendo Villain and he's up there with my fave characters, FWIW DK is my favourite Nintendo character, I like Bowser Jr. Diddy and Dixie Kong as well.

5-

I always wanted him to be in since about 2011 when I was still playing Brawl. This year I heard about the ballot and the fact I was a passive reader of this thread since about early 2015 made me take action. This thread gave me the encouragement to create a SB account, post my opinions and actively express them through other mediums and drum up support for the King.

6-

Id like to think so but I'm not sure.

7-
8-

I don't know you well enough to hate you or care :p :p :p :p :p :p but you're one of us, so you can't be that bad lol

Last edited:

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
7-Do you hate me?

1. I've wanted him since Melee, but back then I really wasn't critically thinking about who would or wouldn't be in. Just getting the game was good enough. Now I'm immersed in entitlement and believe he should be a given and that we deserve him and other kinds of totally healthy thinking. So, no, I've never given up hope; I wanted him as much as I wanted Dedede, for example, so things haven't been all that bad. It's also partially due to the criminal underrepresentation of DK as a franchise in Smash that I'm up in arms.

2. I lurk. You're lucky to be getting this, even.

3. I'm pretty terrible when it comes to DKC3 Kremlings, and my understanding of DK64 is pretty much limited to watching other people play it. That said ... I like Kutlass quite a bit, an unexpectedly annoying encounter if you're new to DKC. And... *googles list of Kremlings...*

Kass? Really? Alright, least favorite is Kass. Holy ****.

4. First party Nintendo villains are often not my cup of tea in terms of depth or nuance. K. Rool is considerably "up there", but he's been gone for just too long for me to really feel strongly on the matter. The atmosphere surrounding him and DKC2, though, solidify him as my most wanted newcomer.

Porky/Pokey from EarthBound may be my favorite Nintendo antagonist. Fawful gets an honorable mention. If we're going outside of first party IPs, Kefka and Magus (when it counted) would win.

5. Totally by myself. He and Ridley received 100% of my energy once Mega Man and Little Mac were confirmed.

6. The momentum he's received during the ballot alone would seem to make this a foregone conclusion. He's back, for better or... well, for better.

7. I DON'T KNOW UR STORY I JUST KNOW UR NAME

8. why are you doing this stop

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
4. Yes on both counts. I used to be bigger on Bowser, but all these underwhelming new appearances from him have soured me, while my appreciation for K. Rool has only grown
Just curious, what recent appearances have soured you on Bowser? I've loved Bowser for a long time and I like his recent appearances too, so I just want to know.

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman

7-Do you hate me?
Ooh, I've always wanted to answer a set of questions like these! Okey doke...

1. Well, I guess the costume was pretty discouraging, I did feel a bit of an "It's over" sort of feeling. But then that lead me to this forum, and ya'll made me realize I shouldn't give up. :)

2. Uhh, nah, don't think so.

3. Favorite is probably Kludge, he looks pretty sick. Least favorite is probably Kip and/or Kass.

4. Huh, well I'm not sure, it's hard to choose between him and Bowser honestly. Either one would also be my favorite Nintendo character overall too.

5. I just started supporting ol' Rool when the ballot started, and I thought of a character I wanted to vote for. K. Rool had seemed like a cool choice for a while, (and I admit, his cartoon counterpart also helped influence my decision) and I realized that getting another villain would be sweet, so I went for it.

6. Probably! If he's in DKCR3, then definitely. If not then I'd say it's an 80% chance of returning.

7. Nah, everyone on board seems pretty cool.

8. Well, I don't really know much about you, so I'm not sure if I'd really miss you, but the absence of a Kutthroat would always be a drag. Also, don't throw yourself under the bus like that, I'm sure you're a fine person.

7-Do you hate me?
1. No
2. Probably not
3. Favorite: Regular Kritter and Skidda. No least favorite, I like them all.
4. Second favorite villain, after Bowser.
5. On my own.
6. Yes
7. No
8. I'll miss you.

Last edited:

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
Never. Even if Sakurai came out and said "K. Rool is just as dumb as Ridley and I'm never going to make him a character" I'd keep wanting him in, same as Ridley.

Never been wrong. Lol.

Tough call. I really warmed up to Klump and Krusha when I annotated the DKC cartoon. Smart Krusha especially. Not really a fan of Kludge. Seems like a poor man's Krusha to me.

Ehh.... No, probably not. Bowser is probably my favorite overall. And there's just too much good in Nintendo to go picking absolute fave characters over all the rest. He's up there, though.

Not really. I just fell into K. Rool support the same time I discovered Smashboards and supported Ridley.

He'd have to. I can't think of a single, unique, first-party character to be cut, barring the poor unfortunate Ice climber scenario. He's DK's villain. He's earned a spot since Melee at the least.

7-Do you hate me?
Utterly and completely, without regret. Why do you ask?

To be honest, I can't see myself sticking around much longer either. So... I guess we'll miss each other?

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

7-Do you hate me?
1. Right after the ESRB Leak. The speculation scene was thrown into so much chaos (not to mention the incessant tears and blood) that I gave up speculation nearly completely until the ballot was announced.
2. Eh, I'm not interested in collecting tears.
3. Favourite Kremling is Klump. Least favourite would be the generic one from DKC3.
4. Not quite. Favourite Nintendo villain is Fawful or Bowser. Favourite Nintendo character is Luigi.
5. It was this thread and BKupa666 BKupa666 's posts, mostly.
6. Of course. You don't just drop a highly acclaimed villain on a whim.
7. You're one of my favourite users here.
8. I will miss you. I loved the GS comics you posted too. Seriously though, don't sell yourself short. You're a good and dedicated user and you should hang around afterwards, even if just to chat with us. :)

:231:

T-Hell

Smash Lord

7-Do you hate me?
1- Yes, when the game came out and the roster was set.
2- Nope, that's stupid.
3- I like the blue ones.
4- Not my favorite but he's cool as balls.
5- I started on my own because he rocks and he deserves it.
6- Knowing Sakurai, who knows, but it should.
7- Yes, you suck (jk)
8- Just go man, you suck (jk)

TallT

Smash Apprentice

7-Do you hate me?
  1. No
  2. I don't care about who was right or wrong. All I want is King K. Rool.
  3. My favorite Kremling is K. Rool himself but if I'm not allowed to choose him it would be Kludge or Krusha. My least favorite is Kosha from DK64.
  4. My favorite villain is a three way tie between K. Rool, Bowser, and Ridley (even though I don't really care for the Metroid series). I don't have a favorite Nintendo character.
  5. I supported him passively since Brawl, but I became serious about supporting him after Ridley was 100% deconfirmed and after lurking in this thread for months reading about K. Rool and seeing all of you guys excitingly support him.
  6. I think he will be around for at least one or two more iterations; but I think they may consider cutting him after the roster has gotten so massive that they cannot afford to bring back everyone. However, he will most likely return again because as well all know after the kredits roll is when you can expect K. Rool to come back stronger than before.
  7. We've been over this already. I hate you with a passion. You're a cool guy.
  8. I will miss all of you because I will be making my leave as well, but I will never forget the memories I made in this thread.:cry:

TropicalBreeze

Smash Apprentice

7-Do you hate me?
All the kool kids are doing this, so...

1-No, never stopped supporting. Doubting his chances? Absolutely.
2-Do you know how much effort that takes? Answer: too much
3-Klomp, I guess. Least favorite is that shameless Klubba reskin.
4-Eh...maybe. I dunno about either of those.
5-I knew K. Rool was a real G the first time I saw those Kredits all those years ago.
6-Yeah, I think it'll be a Mewtwo situation. If he doesn't make it back, fans will freak out, and then "oh hey K. Rool DLC."
7-
8 Good for you; I plan on riding into the sunset after this whole kampaign, too. Job's done, etc. I'll miss all you Kutthroats.

Last edited:

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Heh, don't really know what I'll be doing when this whole Kampaign ends. Maybe I'll drop in sporadically if/when our king gets in, but other than that, not sure.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

7-Do you hate me?
1. Nope. The kostume just made me even more determined to see him settle it in Smash.

2. Nope. I've been supporting the good kroc for some time now and my opinion has gone from "indifferent" to "supporter"; I've never been opposed to K. Rool.

3. My favourite is K. Rool because he's the superior species Kloak because he's spoopy and I love his laugh; my least favourite is Black Klobber because YOU MEAN MEANIE MY BALLOONS.

4. He's my second favourite Nintendo villain, after Ganondorf. My favourite Nintendo character, full stop, is Pit.

5. Spending time in the K. Rool thread, especially when the ballot dropped, convinced me he was worth supporting. I went back and researched his boss fights in the games, since I'd only briefly experienced them in the GBA porta of DKC2 and DKC3. I kinda got a bit obsessed with how amazing the fights are, and that helped me stay with the krew to see how it'd translate into Smash.

6. Definitely. There'd be no reason to ignore him and I think it'd cement his role as DKC's big villain.

7. I love all my friends~

8. Yes, I will miss you. You're one of my favourite people here and I'd be sad to see you go. Even so, I hope that when you do go...Speedwagon isn't afraid!

Far too many feels in this thread right now. I'ma go punch a kitten or something.
Careful, dear.

@Kitty-chan and I know how to punch back~ ;3

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord

7-Do you hate me?
1. Prior to the ballot, I wanted K. Rool but didn't see him as a likely candidate because I thought that MUH RELEVANCE RECENCY!!!!1!1!! was going to be the end all be all for all upcoming DLC characters. The ballot gave me huge hopes about his profile as a highly requested character meaning something, though. And of course my knee-jerk reaction when the kosplay was revealed, but I quickly got over it.
2. This thread will inevitably be created if K. Rool is confirmed and gets his own subforum, but probably not by me.
3. Favourite: asides from K. Rool himself, probably Klobbers. I just love to throw them as barrels :awesome: also I love the danger the grey ones represent and how much tension they can add when facing them. Least: I'm not sure... but I'll go with the Kobbles for DKC3, because I don't really like their design.
4. I haven't put much thought in who is really my favourite Nintendo villain, but I think it's safe to say that K. Rool is mine. I just loved how DK64 showed the game's progression through the antagonist's viewpoint, and I really hope we see them back whenever K. Rool returns in a new DK game. And for favourite Nintendo character overall, I really don't know, though K. Rool wouldn't be mine because he's not even my favourite DKC character - that title goes to Diddy Kong.
5. Back then when I unlocked all characters in Brawl I started to think about which characters could be good additions to an hypothetical Smash 4 and K. Rool was among the first characters I thought about. However for the longest time I couldn't imagine a moveset for him. Reading the amazingly well written OP which gave me moveset ideas helped me supporting him actively rather than passively.
6. Yes in the sense that he'll never be permanently cut, if he misses the boat he will come back as DLC like Mewtwo and Lucas. If you're asking specifically "Will he always be prioritized for the base game in future installments", then I have no idea.
8. I had great fun discussing Smash 4 DLC, so of course I'll miss you. While the end of Smash 4 DLC would probably mean less activity for me in Smashboards, I don't think I'll permanently quit it.

Last edited:

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
I noticed something this afternoon on Nintendo's Twitter account...they changed their bio description. I don't know when it happened but, whereas previously there was just the first bit of the current description, they added on "We're listening, too."

Normally I wouldn't care much about this, but given that we just had a massive tweet that got 70k unique views ( bellboy64 bellboy64 ) and multiple hundreds of RTs and favorites (Nintendo gets a notification every time that happens), I think it's interesting that this amendment came just recently.

Go check it out! If you favorite it as well, that's one more notification they'll receive to "listen" to.
I'm always very careful about making any kind of assumptions involving myself (regardless of validity) but...
would be nice. I won't lie!

Edit:

7-Do you hate me?
1-None at all. I'll support for as long as it takes.
2-I'd need to be really wrong about something first but yeah. I don't care about my personal pride that much. I'll happily eat crow.
3-Klump probably. He was perfectly designed (till PAON happened). And any non-named character. I don't really hate them. Just apathetic really.
4-I'm a little bored of other villains right now. Bowser will always be awesome but I have always liked K. Rool because I feel the unexplored potential he has is something to be admired. (And I've always like the big bruiser villain, archetype. And his enigma. "How can someone be so muscular and yet so fat?!)
In conclusion: My favourite villain to be sure.
5-BKupa666, DKVine and my own curiosity. Not in that order but all contributed.
6-I certainly hope so.
7-Immensely.
8-You don't fit my criteria of a worthless and pathetic individual. If you were those I'd have no time for you. While I've personally not really tracked you enough to really know you, it would still be a shame to see you go. (I can see you're well-loved though.)

Last edited:

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
So guys, i think it's time for more questions, for ol
d time sake:

7-Do you hate me?
1: When I saw the leaked roster, I felt a bit nauseous. Not only because there was no King K. Rool, but also because there was no new Donkey Kong rep at all. At that point, I had a bad feeling that it was over since Sakurai didn't really state his stance on DLC yet at that point. I never really "gave up" on him, though. I think it was more about the fact that everything got quiet for a while once the game actually released.

2: Not me, but only because I'm too busy to bother, really. Besides, King K. Rool being revealed at all would be enough IMO.

3: My favourites are between Kasplat, Krusha and Klump, and my least favourite goes to Kuff 'n' Klout.

4: Yes, he is, and always was, mostly because Donkey Kong was more or less the first game that I truly tried to beat. It's true that the Mario games came before, and I played those, but I was simply too young to care. When my older brother got Donkey Kong Country in 94 though, I used to watch him play, and eventually, we took turns doing levels until completion (even if it was he who was doing pretty much everything, haha). When we encountered King K. Rool for the first time, it was possibly the most epic thing we'd ever seen in gaming thus far (imagine a 4 year old and 11 year old gaping at the old bubble dial TV, lol). Banjo-Kazooie, Conker and the majority of the Kongs aren't far behind though.

5: I hadn't really considered it until I ran into the thread quite a few years back. I lurked for a while, and then became more involved in discussions over time.

6: I feel like once King K. Rool manages to get into the game, he will become a staple for good. Not only because his move-set would be exceptionally unique to the series as long as Sakurai wouldn't half-arse him, and I don't think he would, but also because King K. Rool entering Smash Bros would also be the final restraint broken for him to wake him up from his slumber in the actual Donkey Kong series. Smash Bros has a knack for sometimes being able to revive characters, or even whole series at times, and I feel King K. Rool would be no different, especially with his large fan-base.

7: Of kourse /trollface.

8: A true Kutthroat will always be missed; all of us seem to really add personality to the thread.

PS: The fight with K. Rool looks funny when you mess with the dial from the old TVs... Purple King K. Rool and red Donkey Kong with Diddy wearing a blue hat and shirt and a green background? Yes please!

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Alright, looks like these boards calmed down, so I'm back.

7-Do you hate me?
1. Nope. No point in giving up support for him, he and Bomberman were the only newcomers I wanted back in pre-Smash 4 speculation. Then, full roster was revealed, and I do admit that now my hopes were more focused on Retro noticing the demand for K. Rool. Then, the ballot happened, and a new hope for our king was invigorated, and burning greater than ever. At that point, giving up on such an opportunity was so silly, and useless. So no, I never gave up supporting K. Rool.
2. Why would I?
3. Kloak for favorite, Klaptrap for least favorite.
4. ... Sadly, that title goes to Dimentio :p
5. I started on my own.
6. I see no reason to remove him, but Wolf got cut from the base roster, so...
7. The answer will always remain that I hate nobody here.
8. I'm going to miss you a lot, Speed. Your questions always gave something to do on these boards.

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
I'm always very careful about making any kind of assumptions involving myself (regardless of validity) but...
would be nice. I won't lie!
We should definitely tweet in mass again when you complete the picture of K. Rool taking a selfie with the Smash girls. Something on the lines of "Make it a reality! @SoraSakurai, @NintendoAmerica".

Top Bottom