• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Burruni

Smash Hero
There have been two Banjo games exclusively on Nintendo systems since the rare buyout. That's not "no evidence". You're also completely understating their popularity. They frequently appear at the top end of the smash ballot polls.

They're very unlikely, but they're not completely implausible.
I just can't see it.

Where did this part even come from. You the President's son or something? Gimme that juicy info mang since you appear to know everything.
http://time.com/4033911/nintendo-president-tatsumi-kimishima/

Kimishima has been a fairly conservative person with business decisions in the positions he was in. I feel that he'd carry a similar mentality to how he funds Smash DLC. It's not blasphemy to say that Banjo-Kazooie would sell comparatively well to a sizable list of first party candidates that would require no legal hoops to get around for them to get in.

Last edited:

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
are people forgetting about Minecraft: Storymode being on eShop and the WindowsLogo appearing in the datamine of Super Mario Maker?

sheesh, the whole 3rd party competition is really nonsense.

Edit: Remember that we need to keep the discussion on K.Rool

Last edited:
For those wondering, I'm not a mod because of "overall site and board activity." I'm more surprised the demotion didn't happen sooner; when I became a mod, I visited way more threads than I do now. As of late, though, I've channeled almost all of my time on this forum into this one thread, with occasional visits to the character discussion thread. I'm okay with the decision...it was cool to have the position while it lasted, but since I don't plan on being super active post-DLC and there are better, more active candidates waiting in the wings, it was the right one to make. I've been told that I can regain my position if I start contributing more. If K. Rool gets in and I stick around to partake in his sub-forum, that may just happen...we shall see.

Now, in terms of tiers, I put Wolf at the tip-top, K. Rool and Inklings one tier lower, Isaac and maybe Bandana Dee slightly lower than them, Shovel Knight at Wolf level if the leak is legit and at the complete bottom if not, ditto for Snake if his situation is overlooked, and everyone else in sort of a gray zone.

The gray zone characters can get in if they were pre-ballot Sakurai picks or if Sakurai doesn't care about the ballot results, but otherwise, they don't make sense to single out as 'winners.' Our polls have done a good job at identifying runaway favorites, but leave the mid-level characters right behind them in murky territory that we can't really predict well.
thats kinda sad to hear.

but mod or no mod you have been a great leader,i will still think of you as our leader no matter what happens...i know this sounds weird but i kinda see you as the real life k rool(like if k rool ever made a smashboards account it would be yours)

you are still our leader and i will follow you anywhere.

EDIT: a few more words.... you have contributed so much to our cause,heck you started it and we aint stopping till its done.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
While I'm bored now, will say it's a social and a gigantic forum. Pretty sure it's fine to talk about different things every now and then, not like other character threads never have discussion about other characters.

This whole discussion started after all because it's about making a tier list and discussing other characters and their chances to get in, so be quiet and stop saying K RUURS ONLY PLZ ya sheep.
Leave that to the mods of the entire character board to say when to stop if it gets out of hand, which it isn't, since they know the discussion is tier list talk about multiple characters not just K rool right now.

Tom the Scrublord

Smash Cadet
While I'm bored now, will say it's a social and a gigantic forum. Pretty sure it's fine to talk about different things every now and then, not like other character threads never have discussion about other characters.

This whole discussion started after all because it's about making a tier list and discussing other characters and their chances to get in, so be quiet and stop saying K RUURS ONLY PLZ ya sheep.
Leave that to the mods of the entire character board to say when to stop if it gets out of hand, which it isn't, since they know the discussion is tier list talk about multiple characters not just K rool right now.
No need to be so rude to others. PLus, that was rather uncalled for.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I'm not being rude lol
The mods are chosen for a reason kinda, if they think they need to make a post warning to stop before handing out the warnings, they'll do it.
They don't need 2014/2015 mod wannabes to do their job for them. The people trying to do their job tend to get in trouble before the actual person they're warning themselves without any power to back it up too. Or at least both (or more) anyways.

If they wanna help, don't post and just silently wait for Mods to see the posts or hit the report button.
Closing words: Banjo > K Rool :^)
Though neither will get in tho, boo. And dang I wasted 13000th post in here.

Last edited:

Tom the Scrublord

Smash Cadet
I'm not being rude lol
The mods are chosen for a reason kinda, if they think they need to make a post warning to stop before handing out the warnings, they'll do it.
They don't need 2014/2015 mod wannabes to do their job for them. The people trying to do their job tend to get in trouble before the actual person they're warning themselves without any power to back it up too. Or at least both (or more) anyways.

If they wanna help, don't post and just silently wait for Mods to see the posts or hit the report button.
Calling the users of the forum "sheep" ,for one, a rude comment
secondly, your "closing words" seem to be trying to once more start another pointless argument

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm not being rude lol

Bold is an entirely unnecessary addition to this statement. And you don't know that. None of us do.

That said, this is quickly becoming a thread full of semi-vitriolic discussion.

Why do people keep coming in here to talk ****, c'mon now...

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I'm not being rude lol

Why am I not surprised that as soon as I see your name in the thread people are accusing you of being rude lol

This guy is notorious for contaminating threads with his/her snarky remarks and negativity.

I have my doubts about K.Rool but I doubt we'd get Banjo. He's only been hyped since the tweet and I don't see why they'd decide to market a rival company's character.

Also seems odd in light of Skylanders Superchargers where DK and Bowser aren't playable on PS or Xbox. Seems unlikely that Nintendo would be cool to market rival IPs with DLC when Microsoft probably didn't want DK or Bowser playable on their platform.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Alright guys; We really should go back on-topic. Arguing with that guy will get us nowhere. We just need to push through for at least one more week of speculation and discussion. I know we can make it, guys. We shouldn't derail our hype for the King now.

Last edited:

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Alright guys; We really should go back on-topic. Arguing with that guy will get us nowhere. We just need to push through for at least one more week of speculation and discussion. I know we can make it, guys. We shouldn't derail our hype for the King now.
Honestly, who cares if we're not on topic at this point.

There is really nothing "on-topic" to say until Nintendo leaks/announces something.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Honestly, who cares if we're not on topic at this point.

There is really nothing "on-topic" to say until Nintendo leaks/announces something.
Yeah, there is that; It's mainly just the arguing and really off-topic things that shouldn't be here, even if we don't have any news. It's just starting to get repetitive.

TropicalBreeze

Smash Apprentice
DID SOMEBODY SAY "ON TOPIC"?
MORE LIKE ON TROPIC!

....Ahem, yes, Croc fact of the day: all crocodilians swallow stones both as ballast and to help grind up food. Short fact, but there's not a ton to say. They eat rocks because the above reasons. That's it.

Uzume

Orange Heart
DID SOMEBODY SAY "ON TOPIC"?
MORE LIKE ON TROPIC!

....Ahem, yes, Croc fact of the day: all crocodilians swallow stones both as ballast and to help grind up food. Short fact, but there's not a ton to say. They eat rocks because the above reasons. That's it.
And now I have the weirdest image of K. Rool giving up on the banana hoard and going after Darunia's Rock Sirloin instead while all the gorons roll after him.

D

Deleted member

So guys, i think it's time for more questions, for old time sake:

1-Has there ever been a moment in which you wanted to give up on supporting K.Rool?
2-Are you going to make a "I was wrong" thread on the K.Rool subforums?
3-What is your favorite and least favorite Kremling?
4-Is K.Rool your favorite Nintendo Villain? or even your favorite Nintendo character?
5-Was there anyone who convinced you about supporting K.Rool? or did you started supporting K.Rool on your own?
6-If K.Rool makes it into Smash, do you think he would become a mainstay for the rest of the series?
7-Do you hate me?
8-Some of you may know this, but once Smash 4 speculation ends, i will leave these boards. When that happens, will you guys miss me? or you will be happy that someone as worthless and pathetic as me is finally gone?

Last edited by a moderator:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I noticed something this afternoon on Nintendo's Twitter account...they changed their bio description. I don't know when it happened but, whereas previously there was just the first bit of the current description, they added on "We're listening, too."

Normally I wouldn't care much about this, but given that we just had a massive tweet that got 70k unique views (@bellboy64) and multiple hundreds of RTs and favorites (Nintendo gets a notification every time that happens), I think it's interesting that this amendment came just recently.

Go check it out! If you favorite it as well, that's one more notification they'll receive to "listen" to.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord

1-Has there ever been a moment in which you wanted to give up on supporting K.Rool?
4-Is K.Rool your favorite Nintendo Villain? or even your favorite Nintendo character?
5.Was there anyone who convinced you about supporting K.Rool? or did you started supporting K.Rool on your own?
6.If K.Rool makes it into Smash, do you think he would become a mainstay for the rest of the series?
7.Do you hate me?
8.Some of you may know this, but once Smash 4 speculation ends, i will leave these boards. When that happens, will you guys miss me? or you will be happy that someone as worthless and pathetic as me is finally gone?
1. Several times
2. Probably not
3. They're all pretty equal in my taste
4. Bowser is my favourite nintendo villain, but Ness is my favourite nintendo character.
5. I just like reptiles so K. Rool was a natural pick for me
6. I freaking hope so
7. Of course not bro

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
I noticed something this afternoon on Nintendo's Twitter account...they changed their bio description. I don't know when it happened but, whereas previously there was just the first bit of the current description, they added on "We're listening, too."

Normally I wouldn't care much about this, but given that we just had a massive tweet that got 70k unique views (@bellboy64) and multiple hundreds of RTs and favorites (Nintendo gets a notification every time that happens), I think it's interesting that this amendment came just recently.

Go check it out! If you favorite it as well, that's one more notification they'll receive to "listen" to.
Link to the tweet?

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

5.Was there anyone who convinced you about supporting K.Rool? or did you started supporting K.Rool on your own?
6.If K.Rool makes it into Smash, do you think he would become a mainstay for the rest of the series?
7.Do you hate me?
8.Some of you may know this, but once Smash 4 speculation ends, i will leave these boards. When that happens, will you guys miss me? or you will be happy that someone as worthless and pathetic as me is finally gone?
1: Not really. I've been supportive of K. Rool since the beginning, but the Mii costume threw me off a little bit.
2: I've already been :4greninja:, and so will everyone else.
3: Favourite Kremlings for me might be the big blue ones with the biker's jacket in DK64. (I forgot their name - Klump?) I don't really have a least favourite, but I do think that perhaps K. Rool's generals should become their own characters like they are in the cartoon.
4: I guess K. Rool would probably be in a top 5 position for me. - Edit (For Villains. Overall favourite Nintendo character? I can't say. I like a lot of them)
5: I started supporting K. Rool because of the enthusiasm and dedication I saw during the days of the "Forgotten All-Stars Group," at which point I was hoping for Ridley. Once Ridley's fate was sealed for this game, I just moved over to K. Rool.
6: I most certainly hope so. It'd be like cutting Bowser - really unnecessary and pointless.
7: Not at all! You've been a great Kutthroat!
8: Oh I'm sure you'll be missed greatly, Speedwagon! You've brought entertainment and liveliness to both the K. Rool thread and especially the Isaac thread with those Golden Sun 4komas - They really gave the thread a much needed energy boost and a good way to have fun while we Adepts waited for the Ballot's closure. You'll be missed, but who knows. Maybe we'll cross paths again...

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター

I think that's been there for a long time now. Unless you mean something that we're missing here.

Bananija

Count of Trickery

7.Do you hate me?
1. Nope
2. Why?
3. I don't want to pick one.
4. As a villain, K.Rool is probably my favorite : he is goofy, menacing and krazy. My favorite characters are Dedede and Bowser Jr
5. I saw that it as a lot of support and good arguments, plus I knew K.Rool was awesome from the start, so on my own.
6. Yes, and he should.
7. Your name alone make me unable to hate you, and that's without counting your great qualities.
8. I'll be sad.

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705

7.Do you hate me?
1-The night I saw the Mii costume announcement I went to sleep thinking "Well, I guess I can start going full support on Krystal or Banjo". But that didn't last one day.
2-I'd rather make a "I was eating chips when K. Rool was revealed" thread
3-Kludge, if I ever get DK Barrel Blast Im playing with that guy. And I always hated the noise Klingers made.
4-I would suppose at the moment he is my favorite Nintendo villain. Kind of a blurry line with him, Dedede and Dillon and some other character. Would need to ponder a lot on this.
5-Probably my brother told me he supported K. Rool and that incited me to check on him.
6-If he also appears in the next Donkey Kong game. He will be a lock on with the other 3 villains Bowser, Ganondorf and Dedede when he does bad things.
7-We talked about this already
8-

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman

7.Do you hate me?
8.Some of you may know this, but once Smash 4 speculation ends, i will leave these boards. When that happens, will you guys miss me? or you will be happy that someone as worthless and pathetic as me has finally moved on?
1. Not really. Not even the Mii costume made loose hope. I originally thought the K.Ostume was a hint at things to come and to get excited.
2. Nope.
3. My favorite is a tie between Kruncha and Kannon from DKC2. My least favorite is Koin.
4. He is one of my favorite Nintendo villains. And right next to Little Mac, my favorite character.
5. When the ballot started, it was very tough for me to make a vote. So many great characters that deserve to be in Smash. But you awesome guys convinced me to vote for K. Rool!
6. He damn well better be. Thats like taking out Bowser or Ganondorf. You just can't do it.
7. I love you!
8. No! Stay!

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
I

7.Do you hate me?
1. Nope. K. Rool was my #1 most wanted character for about almost 2 years of the speculation, he was only #2 for a few months, so I'm not going to give up hope for someone I've wanted so badly that easily.
2. I don't think I will.
3.Favorite Kremling- King K. Rool :p
Least Favorite- ... I don't think there is one
4. He is one of my favorite Nintendo villains, if not my absolute favorite. His mix of being sinister, comical and keeping all his fights unique made him one of Nintendo's best imo.
5.I supported K. Rool on my own since the games announcement, which led me to interacting with other K. Rool fans across the web.
6. Yes
7.Nope
8. I'll miss anyone who leaves the Borads, Its been really fun interacting with all you great people!

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Obviously the answer is Goku. Social media isn't going to blow up over K. Rool.

Though BIg Boss or Demise would be cool.

Last edited:

Handy Man

Smash Ace

7.Do you hate me?
1. No. You always have to fight for what you want. Giving up doesn't help with anything.

2. No.

3. My favorite kremling is King K. Rool, of course. My least favorite kremlimg is Kalypso, she's just there for the furries and I don't think much of those types of characters.

4. King K. Rool is definitely my favorite Nintendo villain. I never cared much for characters like Bowser and Ganondorf, while I like other characters such as Wario and Dedede, who aren't actually villains. I love a clever and smart villain that's also goofy and crazy, so King K. Rool fits that description perfectly.

As far as favorite Nintendo characters go, I would even put him at the top of that too. Here's my list from worst to best:
5. Jigglypuff
4. Wario
3. Luigi
2. Charizard
1. King K. Rool

5. I decided to support him on my own. He's just a logical choice for many reasons, so I always find it odd when people are completely against him when considering the facts surrounding him.

6. Yes. Most characters get cut for reasons that K. Rool would never be cut for, like programming reasons, being a clone, copywright, or whatever. King K. Rool doesn't have a lot of reasons to be cut, especially if he's popular enough to warrant one of the most wanted ballot picks.

7 & 8. We don't hate you and we'll all miss you. Every one of us has done our best to try to get King K. Rool in Smash, so to see anyone who supported him dissapearing after all this time marks the end of an era, an era we'll all look back both fondly and not-so-fondly on.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Never.

I don't think this question applies to me. :laugh:

I like pretty much all of the ones in DKC1 and DKC2. I mostly dislike the scary steroidy-looking ones in DKC3.

K. Rool is my favourite Nintendo villain. My favourite Nintendo character is Dedede, who is often mistaken for a villain, but is most assuredly not one.

5-Was there anyone who convinced you about supporting K.Rool? or did you started supporting K.Rool on your own?
All on my own. I've been wanting to see him since Melee!

6-If K.Rool makes it into Smash, do you think he would become a mainstay for the rest of the series?
I would strongly imagine so.

7-Do you hate me?
Definitely not.

8-Some of you may know this, but once Smash 4 speculation ends, i will leave these boards. When that happens, will you guys miss me? or you will be happy that someone as worthless and pathetic as me is finally gone?
I'll be with the crowd who'll miss you. You're one of the fun regulars in this and other threads. ;)

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781

7-Do you hate me?
1. Never nya! I'd rather burn to death over and over then give up nya!
2. Nyaaa~ Nyo and why nya? I have no regrets for my choice of vote nya
3. K. Rool nya! Least favorite nya? Nyo komment nya
4. Nyo, Ridley and Gannondorf are my favorite Nintendo villians nya, but he is my favorite DK character nya!
5. After Ridley was deconfirmed, I moved on to the next character I was in love with nya, our king nya!
6. I would hope/think so nya! They'd have to have some serious issues in life not to nya.
7. I don't hate anyone nor anything nya! Expecially a fellow Kuttroat nya!
8. I'll miss any leaving Kutthroats nya! Even if they haven't a clue or care as to who the hell I am nya!

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace

7-Do you hate me?
1. No.
2. No.
3. Favorite is Klubba, least favorite is Kopter.
4. He's my favorite Nintendo Villain, my favorite Nintendo character period is Bowser.
5. I started to support K. Rool on my own.
6. Hopefully unless Sakurai likes riots and fire.
7. No.
8. I personally don't know you very well but I'll still miss you regardless.

Tom the Scrublord

Smash Cadet

They know. THEY KNOW.

Top Bottom