• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Someone asked earlier what people think the long silence means from Nintendo...well, I don't think anyone would argue that Sakurai and co. have just been twiddling their thumbs for months and months, doing nothing. I think, at this point, we're down to one of two outcomes:

They could have just developed two characters during this timeframe that they'll release in the near future and end the game's DLC with that sort of anticlimax. In this scenario, the team would have ideally released Ryu and Roy over the summer, so as to create the appearance of being hard at work developing 'more stuff,' but bumped them up to June due to their horrid coding ruining the surprise.

On the other hand, they could still be at work developing a slightly larger number of characters (3 newcomers and Wolf is my guess). In this scenario, we were supposed to get some sort of reveal over the past few months, but Iwata's death resulted in everything being thrown into a state of flux. Whereas you can dump out Splatoon weapons and Mario costumes over Twitter, Smash characters are a much bigger deal. As such, due to this delay, we'll be getting probably two, maybe even three in one fell swoop, next time a Direct happens.

It's clear which outcome would be preferable, but in terms of which is more likely? Probably the latter too, since one character from the ballot would be a crushing disappointment, but you never can tell.
I obviously hope for the latter. They can't be simply sitting down twiddling their thumbs, they HAVE to have been working on something.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I'm not dissing the use of moves to solve puzzles. I'm just saying that enemies need to be more then just "Run up and press B to kill, or maybe throw a bomb if they're tougher."
Some enemies like Klump and purple klaptraps did require you to throw an orange at them actually, same with the kremlings in barrels. And only Chunky's super punch or the kong's shockwave blast could take out the robo- kremlings in the frantic factory.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
True, you have a point on beaver bother and that snail you had to race(I wanted to kill that smarky wise crack lol) but I didn't have much trouble with the lot machine ones. I guess that could work but I just have one request, bring back the battle arena games, I loved beating up those kremlings for those crowns, I would play them on every level or whenever I saw them even if I already had enough to get through the big door in K. Rool's room.
One thing I liked about the battle arenas was how the crowd would boo you if you took out a kremling and cheer whenever you took damage.

And speaking of DK64 minigames, I liked the ones that involved shooting watermelons at stuff.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
One thing I liked about the battle arenas was how the crowd would boo you if you took out a kremling and cheer whenever you took damage.

And speaking of DK64 minigames, I liked the ones that involved shooting watermelons at stuff.
Same here.

So what were all of your reactions to the Kostume?
Basically WTF, WFT, WTF? Pretty much like everyone else. God darn :4wiifit:

Morbi

Scavenger
I just laughed, honestly. I also felt happiness because I enjoy the design that Sakurai used. At the time, I did not believe that the costume meant anything and that King K. Rool was about to be announced that weekend (Sakurai posted that more was to come after revealing the costume).

However, with more time to contemplate its implications, I am not feeling King K. Rool's chances as much. I still believe he has a decent shot, but I keep asking the question, "why is King K. Rool a special dumpling?"

MainJPW

M.T.A
Go back to around page. 867 and you'll see most of the reactions, whew...

As for me I thought this costume was honestly pretty cool, they made a Mii costume look absolutely fantastic so I was imagining how the real K. Rool model would look. Essentially, I'm of the camp that the Kostume had assets ripped from a playable model and only serves to hold us over for the time being.

However, as we still know next to nothing about the ballot and K. Rool there's still that chance I could be setting myself up for disappointment, but as of now I'm not totally worried.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
No matter how many times I listen to the Tropical Freeze soundtrack, I'm always completely floored by how amazing it is. If K. Rool gets in, I really hope he gets his own stage so we can have more DK music. I still remember the disappointment at the DKC music selection at Smash's launch, hah.

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
I woke up the day of its announcement, checked my phone, saw Peach's Castle and Hyrule Castle and thought ''Oh cool, the new stages are finally coming out?''. Then I saw the Chrom outfit... and thought ''Huh? OK, so they're making kostumes of dekongfirmed karacters?''. Then I saw the K. Rool kostume... then my face was looking like this

But after that I looked across the Internet for info, and as the day went on I grew less worried and realized this did not mean a total deKongfirmation. That day sure was a roller coaster of emotions for Kutthroats :p

Last edited:

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
That would ironically be the day I would most fondly remember if we actually make it. A true rollercoaster of emotions, I honestly almost cried at some point, which says a lot because I tend to never cry over both fictional and real things.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I'm busy working through @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 's poll - Give me some time (I'm even RECORDING MY RESULTS!)
But my reaction was - Wait wait wait wait what!? What is going on here? Why what what what I must tell everyone what does this mean?!

Bananija

Count of Trickery
My reaction :

But than I want to this thread and realizes how we couldn't know for sure how it's hurting. I personally think it's as harmful than Lucas trophy:p

CelerinaTheJackrabbit

Smash Cadet
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/309432645/smash-4-leak-saffron-city#top
So there's another leak going around. This time about Saffron City being added.

However, what bothers me is how the person is stating how Ballot characters are chosen.

'Here's what he said-
The poll DOESN'T determine characters but instead leads the way to who people want.
For example:
King K Rool is high
Krystal is high
Sakurai decides the fans want another DK character and a female, so he chooses Dixie to satisfy both of those wants.
And he also wants us to know that was an example that was given to him by nintendo or whoever.
(So I assume Krystal and KRool are deconfirmed.)'
If this REALLY was the logic Sakurai was using, I'd say that's some pretty stupid logic to be using.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

However, what bothers me is how the person is stating how Ballot characters are chosen.

If this REALLY was the logic Sakurai was using, I'd say that's some pretty stupid logic to be using.
WAITAMINUTE, this lines up with a rumor that I've known for the past few weeks. While I can't state the specific details reguarding it, I will say one thing, there's room for one more stage if this is true.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター

I really do hope Sakurai isn't using that logic. He is VERY aware that King K Rool is desired, and I believe he'd get picked first before Dixie would, if at all. I'm fine with Saffron City coming back, but if he's actually using that logic to determine King K Rool's fate, that's not going to make a lot of people happy.

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529

By that logic, Sakurai would also have to assume that we really wanted a Star Fox character and reptile villain, so then Leon Powalski is also confirmed for DLC.

CelerinaTheJackrabbit

Smash Cadet
I really do hope Sakurai isn't using that logic. He is VERY aware that King K Rool is desired, and I believe he'd get picked first before Dixie would, if at all. I'm fine with Saffron City coming back, but if he's actually using that logic to determine King K Rool's fate, that's not going to make a lot of people happy.
Exactly why this logic makes no sense. Not only that, you'd be pissing off Krystal fans as well.

I mean, if I voted for K.Rool or Krystal, I want THOSE characters. I don't want a monkey with a ponytail if I voted for a large crocodile from DK or a female fox from Star Fox.

Not that I have anything wrong with Dixie. It's more just the logic this suggests. Which is utter bull.

By that logic, Sakurai would also have to assume that we really wanted a Star Fox character and reptile villain, so then Leon Powalski is also confirmed for DLC.
Exactly! It makes absolutely no sense in the slightest. Besides, after Rayman and Dr.Mario's stage, these pictures are nothing.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Exactly why this logic makes no sense.
There's another reason that it makes no sense, too, that being: Why would he start using different logic for this ballot, when he's done things in a much more logical fashion several times before at this point? ;) Since this is the first time that there's been a global one, people seem to forget that this is actually the third such poll that's taken place - and that includes the rumourmongers forgetting, too.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
WAITAMINUTE, this lines up with a rumor that I've known for the past few weeks. While I can't state the specific details reguarding it, I will say one thing, there's room for one more stage if this is true.
If you can't talk about it, please don't bring it up.

This is the K. Rool thread, not the "I heard a rumour" thread. Unless this rumour directly involves the King, it probably doesn't need to be mentioned.

I know we're mad with paranoia (following in the scaly footsteps of the King himself), but just be patient. We'll find out something either way in due time, I'm sure.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Voted

As for % of 1's to 5's it's pretty much what I expected. K. Rool, B.Dee, Isaac, Dixie, and perhaps Ridley for the most part have more 5s than 1s. I'm also not surprised by Shantae, who is more wanted than any other indie, even SK. Rayman, Bomberman, Simon Belmont, and Banjo&Kazooie take the cake for 3rd parties.
Shantae is noticeably skewed towards either end - she has her ardent supporters but a fairly significant hate base as well. I was expecting K Rool to have a similarly skewed chart but it seems pretty positive for him at present.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, I do not believe this leak, since it is the usual "my friend works at Nintendo" thing, but does anyone feel we'll get something in September?

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I'm not sure if it's real this "leak", even if it's fake, it's not that unlikely, it's a pretty popular stage and people would like it back.

For the Sakurai logic... I don't think he has that logic... seriously it sounds a bit silly.

It's like: "We have Shantae and we have Rayman, I'll add Sukapon".

Also, he shared an image of the level:

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
If you can't talk about it, please don't bring it up.

This is the K. Rool thread, not the "I heard a rumour" thread. Unless this rumour directly involves the King, it probably doesn't need to be mentioned.

I know we're mad with paranoia (following in the scaly footsteps of the King himself), but just be patient. We'll find out something either way in due time, I'm sure.
Okay, I won't being anything up. I just can't take all this bananas.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if it's real this "leak", even if it's fake, it's not that unlikely, it's a pretty popular stage and people would like it back.

For the Sakurai logic... I don't think he has that logic... seriously it sounds a bit silly.

Also, he shared a image of the level:

Perspective looks kinda strange to me.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Hmmm, can anyone find something fake about this picture?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Hey @gameonion, do you know anything about this? Is this your doing?

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH

Gotta say, that looks pretty fake. Maybe it's just a first-glance thing, but it really looks to me like someone just edited images of 3DS Jiggs and Pikachu over a Smash 64 screenshot.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I still want both Dixie and King K.Rool, **** me this is never gonna happen :urg:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord

Also, he shared an image of the level:

Characters are way too big, Saffrom City is larger then that.

Top Bottom