• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Love it though we do, the TV series isn't canon in any way. ;) He doesn't have a tail in it, either, incidentally.
I mean, we know Dixe Doesn't wear blue or that Candy looks like she's in the military, or that Funky doesn't have yellow fur. Or can we know for sure?

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
So anyone know why K. Rool's like that?
dk farted on his pillow, giving him pinkeye and setting the plot of donkey kong country in motion

source: my dad works in olive garden
edit: nintendo. he works at nintendo

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/309432645/smash-4-leak-saffron-city#top
So there's another leak going around. This time about Saffron City being added.

However, what bothers me is how the person is stating how Ballot characters are chosen.

If this REALLY was the logic Sakurai was using, I'd say that's some pretty stupid logic to be using.
He can't honestly be using this logic. Please no.

I guess when we put in our votes, we shouldn't claim 'DK rep' as reasoning though. I realy hope he's not looking at things that way.

Then again...
"The fans want K. Rool, a large reptilian villain!"
"Who else do they want?"
"Sylux from Metroid, since they need reps"
"Ok, we'll just give them a large reptilian villain from the Metroid series! ...wait..."

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905

I guess when we put in our votes, we shouldn't claim 'DK rep' as reasoning though. I realy hope he's not looking at things that way.

Then again...
"Who else do they want?"
"Ok, we'll just give them a large reptilian villain from the Metroid series! ...wait..."
If he is using that logic, than Ridley's pretty much confirmed! :p

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Maybe it's a battle scar? He got a piece of coconut shrapnel in it and it's permanently compromised his vision.

To compensate, because he's a kroc, he can sense foes with his nose. He can smell fear, blood, bananas and that damn dirty ape from a mile away.

We create some weird headcanon in this thread.

Never change, friends, never change.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed

Look at the "Smash 2" and Brawl polling. I say again, did he use that manner of illogic with those? ;) Why would he use it now?

It's fake. The whole thing is simply trying to play on common misconceptions that Sakurai is stupid and/or a "crazy" Willy Wonka-esque figure.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999

Then again...
"Who else do they want?"

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
What would happen to this thread if it turned out Ridley actually won the ballot somehow? I'm not expecting a huge flamewar about it, but it'd be bizzare.

Especially since it would say many things about Sakurai.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Well with that stupid one just shown

Heres a real one

http://masterherald.com/super-smash...to-be-officially-known-after-october-3/26163/

A quick interview on that we are so close to the results and few winners to get in smash 4
That's non-news itself, though, and the headline is somewhat misleading. The entire article basically amounts to "There is a ballot that ends on October 3rd, and we might get some information after that. There was a rumour about Professor Layton being added. There have been some patches and there is now some DLC. Someone said that sometimes you can't tell what changed in the patches.". There's certainly no suggestion in the article's content that there's any official word on when we'll hear anything.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Maybe you should read what you post a little more closely, Smashoperatingbudy123. I don't think it's good for this thread/community to be continually exposed to random sensationalist articles with misleading or unfounded claims.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
What would happen to this thread if it turned out Ridley actually won the ballot somehow? I'm not expecting a huge flamewar about it, but it'd be bizzare.

Especially since it would say many things about Sakurai.
I toyed around at this thought before.

If Ridley is revealed as playable, I think the entire Smash fanbase would be more stunned than angry at it not being their character, because it's Ridley, and honestly I think he's the only character that would make that reaction. It's a shame Sakurai is committed to not using him, he's without question the last huge "hype" character, with only K. Rool and Isaac being somewhat near him but certainly not equal.

I honestly have no clue in hell who Sakurai's going to add. Or how many he will add. Either way I will be taken completely by surprise. It could literally be anyone. We have a mere 3 weeks left of the Ballot and it has been a long, strange journey filled with stunning victories and crushing defeats in a veritable roller coaster.

My only hope is they reveal who they're going to add, all of the ones they want to add, in October as to not string us all along further.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I'm sure they will string us along. It makes sense from their perspective because it continues the furor over the game. It's annoying from the user end, but it is what it is...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
As with the question of "what can we expect after this silence," I think the Smash fanbase reaction will be one of two outcomes:

We get the characters we want, and a reasonable number of them. Say, Wolf, K. Rool, Isaac and Bandana Dee. You'll get some complaints, with people bashing "bawwww ugly design, bawww generic swordsman with overstated support, bawww mook," and also complaints about how we didn't get more DLC on top of them. However, no one will take those complaints really seriously, and the takeaway from DLC will be positive, especially in hindsight. We have precedent of other fighting games handling DLC character picks poorly, so to get great picks from Smash will be a big highlight for the fans.

Or, we get Wolf plus some combination of niche, polarizing or unpopular characters (unpopular period or compared to the current frontrunners). I'm not going to name specific characters, but you can fill in the blanks...basically, any combination that makes it apparent that the fan results were ignored or cherrypicked. There'll be a much greater backlash, especially after the claim of "fanservice." Of course, those characters' fans and the Sakurai apologists will fight back and win because of the fanbase's devotion to fulfilling the trope The Complainers Are Always Wrong. People will say that "shut up, we're lucky to get DLC at all and they worked so hard, and it was never about popular characters anyway," but the overall takeaway from DLC will be mediocre at best, poor at worst.

Ridley is an interesting case because he was super popular before release, but hasn't performed well on any ballot poll because of how militantly his fans have been driven underground by the rest of the fanbase, who yells at anyone who says they're voting him for "wasting their vote on a disconfirmed character."

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Ridley is an interesting case because he was super popular before release, but hasn't performed well on any ballot poll because of how militantly his fans have been driven underground by the rest of the fanbase, who yells at anyone who says they're voting him for "wasting their vote on a disconfirmed character."
Granted, if we still had a thread in this board, that wouldn't be as big an issue to deal with, but of course we can't because he's still "disconfirmed"; which is a bad excuse, because a lot of things people said were disconfirmed were actually confirmed (multiple characters for one third-party company, the ESRB leak, extra stages).

I mean, this is pretty much the only thread on this board where you can actually discuss Ridley as a DLC character without risking being bombarded with "He's been disconfirmed!" replies. :/

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
K. Rool and Ridley share professional courtesy, both of them being big, evil, pirate reptiles.

I definitely still long for Ridley at heart, but my head knows that the ship has sailed for this Smash.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
K. Rool and Ridley share professional courtesy, both of them being big, evil, pirate reptiles.

I definitely still long for Ridley at heart, but my head knows that the ship has sailed for this Smash.
Next Smash is starting seem more likely though.

I mean they're haven't created many new characters on the Wii U. And they'll need to generate hype somehow.

(I'm pretty indifferent to Ridley btw, just stating my opinion)

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I just noticed on my Wii U that the banner previously advertising the costume as "retro" and the fighter ballot on the website is now gone. Maybe they're preparing it for new additions soon?

Edit, I'm also getting a notice that says the server is down and/or experiencing high volumes of traffic now.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
they just gave a mii his outfit, they might have an effect on him being in a playable character.
Again, if you think about it, how fair is it that K. Rool loses his chance early, without any reason, while the rest of the frontrunners continue to be allowed a shot? Not very fair if you ask me.

XbusterKosmos

Keyblade Master
Again, if you think about it, how fair is it that K. Rool loses his chance early, without any reason, while the rest of the frontrunners continue to be allowed a shot? Not very fair if you ask me.
I completely agree, but walugi got the same treatment in the past. i am hoping he still has a shot him and riley both.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I completely agree, but walugi got the same treatment in the past. i am hoping he still has a shot him and riley both.
That was during pre-release speculation though, where the roster was already decided, and fans had no direct input for the roster.

D

Deleted member

So guys you are talking about that 4chan leak and all of you sound piss off for some reason mind telling me what going on?

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
So what were all of your reactions to the Kostume?
My reaction to the costume was.... Heh, less than pretty, to say the least. I'm sure plenty of you remember my multiple "Give up, all hope is lost" speeches that morning... :chuckle:

But yeah, basically, I'm hoping for the best and expecting the worst at this point. I've gained a little more hope in K. Rool since then, but it's still not nearly as strong as it was before the costume happened.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Wait, what? It's still shows that it's up for me.
No, not the ballot itself, but the little black ticker in the game's main menu. It has a line about the ballot, and also about each of the costumes, about the tourney mode, and about the Smash website. It's gone from my system now, but with a little gray outline where it used to be.

Top Bottom