• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I just noticed on my Wii U that the banner previously advertising the costume as "retro" and the fighter ballot on the website is now gone. Maybe they're preparing it for new additions soon?

Edit, I'm also getting a notice that says the server is down and/or experiencing high volumes of traffic now.
Wait; which website is this? The Smash Bros Website?

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Wow, nobody understands.
The thing was in the menu of the game, he is not talking about the website.
EDIT:

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Wat.
The picture IS in my post.
It's that little banner that says 08/29/15: blah blah blah.
I must have been mixed up or something. I was thinking of something else, or meaning something else. Well, I don't recall the question mark being there. Now apparently, I am unable to get to the store in the game. Is something up?

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
If this REALLY was the logic Sakurai was using, I'd say that's some pretty stupid logic to be using.[/quote]
I completely agree, but walugi got the same treatment in the past. i am hoping he still has a shot him and riley both.
Riley? Is he just the right size?:p

Yep. K. Rool got impatient and dropped a kannonball on the server-room.
Then Chrom tried to help by tipping the scales, but he knew he couldn't change fate.

Pakky

Smash Hero
So, my amiibo hurt was a success, I now have the majority of the wave, save for that other modern colored 8-bit Mario.

Now, um I have the feeling that, if everything goes well King K Rool will be the most complex heavyweight in the game. If things don't go well, I might quit smash for a while. I'm just exhausted, Sakurai's half-baked logic and his "muh vision" arguments have taken their toll this time around for me.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I actually wanted him in game since melee lol
Not going to front, he was on my mind heavily in Brawl, then I forgot about it and then DK Returns came out and I remembered again. I was also very confused. I let it go again, then this game came out, my main focus was Mewtwo, once it was in, I looked the roster over and peaked back at this thread here. However I have always watched BKupa666's campaign since I joined here and a little bit before that, never participated. Remembering the time I spent with Rool as a child playing DKL2 and watching how things have developed with the DLC and all I just consider him the most logical choice. I like the character and he means a lot to the DK series and fans, large and small worldwide. Him being excluded for long is rather odd. Which is why I'm starting to become fatigued with the decision making of Sakurai, for example the ICs, true its sad that they were cut but take this into consideration. Who are they? No seriously, who are they? As it's been said before Melee onwards its seems as though Sakurai chooses quirky nobodies ovr logical choices. Which is fine, I like quirky characters, but I have a greater appreciation for characters that are the backbone of a franchise.

XbusterKosmos

Keyblade Master
LOL well I have never been against him, love the design and wanted somebody to body the monkey XD

also was watching the dk tv show back then aswell XD

so yeah.

TropicalBreeze

Smash Apprentice
Guys, I just watched "One of Us" for, like, the billionth time, and I got an idea. If K. Rool is revealed, someone needs to photoshop in Sakurai's head over Donkey Kong's. Maybe BKupa's profile pic over K. Rool, to make it feel more personal to us Kutthroats.

Bananija

Count of Trickery

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
also. i found this while browsing facebook.
http://www.newnownext.com/thousands...-the-next-super-smash-bros-character/09/2015/
im hoping this is a troll post. ....... if she gets in over our great leader i swear there will be riots.
There's no danger of that. People are incorrectly applying the thinking that "Appeared in a video game = Video game character" to all sorts of non-video game entities, when the correct interpretation in such cases is "Appeared in a video game = Featured in a tie-in product bearing their license".

If we drop the video game context, their logic becomes even more ridiculous, because licensed products run the gamut from clothing to cosmetics to lunchboxes. Would anyone proclaim the logic of "Appeared on a lunchbox = Lunchbox character", for example? It is, after all, the same as what's being done in relation to video games, here.

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
This not being a troll post is as possible than a cat flying on an alligator. You don't need to worry.
makes me scared though for poor sakurai having to deal with the trollish requests.
though of all the trollish requests goku is the most likely (hes been on GOOD games on nintendo hardware, unlike most of the trash that gets requested) even then there are a thousand better characters. like k. rool. :3

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
makes me scared though for poor sakurai having to deal with the trollish requests.
though of all the trollish requests goku is the most likely (hes been on GOOD games on nintendo hardware, unlike most of the trash that gets requested) even then there are a thousand better characters. like k. rool. :3
Sakurai is a smart guy, I'm sure he will be able to handle those trollish request.;)

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
though of all the trollish requests goku is the most likely (hes been on GOOD games on nintendo hardware, unlike most of the trash that gets requested)
The Goku in question here (sadly not the actual video game Goku) is not likely in any way, as he's not a video game character. Sakurai wouldn't even use a made-for-TV design of an actual video game character in this game, as evidenced by his statement that he wouldn't have used Pac-Man had the Ghostly Adventures design been a requirement for his use.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
The Goku in question here (sadly not the actual video game Goku) is not likely in any way, as he's not a video game character. Sakurai wouldn't even use a made-for-TV design of an actual video game character in this game, as evidenced by his statement that he wouldn't have used Pac-Man had the Ghostly Adventures design been a requirement for his use.
To be fair on this that's because the Ghostly Adventures design is not an iconic design, and it's pretty controversial. Pac-Man world is a far safer choice. I think a closer analogy would be the Sonic Boom design except Sonic has a more iconic 3D design anyway.

Basically I don't think the problem with Ghostly Adventures is exclusively that it's made of TV. This said if it is you can sleep easily knowing we won't get K ToadRool from the Crystal Coconut series...

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
To be fair on this that's because the Ghostly Adventures design is not an iconic design, and it's pretty controversial.
I must admit to not being aware of any controversy. I know a small number of people dislike it, but the success of the show and its tie-in products would suggest that Namco probably correctly regard it as a successful design, which is likely why it would have been a concern to Sakurai.

Pac-Man world is a far safer choice.
It just looks like his design circa Pac-Land, to me. Though, he's never really changed all that much, has he? :laugh: Even the original Japanese cabinets for the first game feature a design very similar to the one we know today (that Pac-Man never had limbs until later is a myth, after all).

Basically I don't think the problem with Ghostly Adventures is exclusively that it's made of TV.
I'm not aware of any other reasons that Sakurai would take issue with its inclusion in Smash, to be honest. It's from a well-received show that Namco would rightly want to promote.

This said if it is you can sleep easily knowing we won't get K ToadRool from the Crystal Coconut series...
:laugh: Oh no, now I'm never going to be able to look at the TV series without seeing a big well-spoken toad in a cape...

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
There's no danger of that. People are incorrectly applying the thinking that "Appeared in a video game = Video game character" to all sorts of non-video game entities, when the correct interpretation in such cases is "Appeared in a video game = Featured in a tie-in product bearing their license".

If we drop the video game context, their logic becomes even more ridiculous, because licensed products run the gamut from clothing to cosmetics to lunchboxes. Would anyone proclaim the logic of "Appeared on a lunchbox = Lunchbox character", for example? It is, after all, the same as what's being done in relation to video games, here.
I know what you mean by the bolded part. I can't believe people can be that dumb and not understand the actual requirements of someone getting into Smash Bros. Why would Sakurai even want to add her in, anyway? He and Britney are from different countries!

Of course, they could add Brittany from Pikmin 3, give her blonde hair and THEN rename her Britney Spears. That's be close enough, would it?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If i remember correctly, today is the same day in which japanese game stores broke the street date, which resulted in japanese players streaming Smash 3ds and revealing the whole base roster........this happened last year.

I hope something like that doesn't happen to us Kutthroats ever again (even though it most likely will happen......)

Last edited by a moderator:

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
If i remember correctly, today is the same day in which japanese game stores broke the street date, which resulted in japanese players streaming Smash 3ds and revealing the whole base roster........this happened last year.

I hope something like that doesn't happen to us Kutthroats ever again (even though it most likely will happen......)
Oh man, that was a terrible night for most of the support threads, it was so somber and filled with uncertainty. People were looking at the likelihood of their characters of choice in a slightly different way than before. Just waiting all night in vain for their character to show up, the guy even tried using ZSS to unlock Ridley in classic mode at one point.

Can't believe it's been a year already. Here's to that never happening again.

D

Deleted member

Oh man, that was a terrible night for most of the support threads, it was so somber and filled with uncertainty. People were looking at the likelihood of their characters of choice in a slightly different way than before. Just waiting all night in vain for their character to show up, the guy even tried using ZSS to unlock Ridley in classic mode at one point.

Can't believe it's been a year already. Here's to that never happening again.
Yeah, a whole year has been since that day.

It's hard to believe, when that day happened, i was heartbroken to see that Mewtwo was not on the base roster.

September 12th to October 22nd was just basically me mourning Mewtwo's absence while i played Smash 3DS to heal my scars.
I wanted to believe on the Tower of Smash rumor JUST because of Mewtwo. No joke here.

The 50-Fact extravaganza was a blessing for me. I literally told my sister "IT'S THE SECOND COMING!" because of the pure hype that i had for Mewtwo. Next thing i did was play Mewtwo's trailer theme from Project M the whole night.

And this only meant one thing. The return of Smash speculation and with that, K.Rool support returns. Well, at least for now until we know our fate in the future........

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom