• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
We will tweet it to Sakurai, obv.

:231:
I can only imagine Sakurai putting up King K. Rool on his twitter and then being subsequently flooded with thank you posts and links to the One of Us video, drowning out any hate the character will likely receive.

It will be glorious.

D

Deleted member

Is your main language spanish?
Asi es. El Español es mi lenguaje principal y tambien soy Chileno. (in other words yes, Spanish is my main language. I slowly learned English by lurking on the Internet for ages before starting English class.)

Anyway we need Smash News to know about the fate of our favorite Krokodile King since im really worried about this sudden silence from Nintendo/Sakurai.

¿Has anybody seen StormC lately? he has not been active here for a while.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Asi es. El Español es mi lenguaje principal y tambien soy Chileno. (in other words yes, Spanish is my main language. I slowly learned English by lurking on the Internet for ages before starting English class.)

Anyway we need Smash News to know about the fate of our favorite Krokodile King since im really worried about this sudden silence from Nintendo/Sakurai.

¿Has anybody seen StormC lately? he has not been active here for a while.
Was wondering that too. He's been gone for a month I think.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I can only imagine Sakurai putting up King K. Rool on his twitter and then being subsequently flooded with thank you posts and links to the One of Us video, drowning out any hate the character will likely receive.

It will be glorious.
Yes, it will. I've said it before, I think, but we need to band together for a #ThanksForKRoolSakurai push if he actually listens, to drown out the hate and also to convey our thanks for what would be a legitimately good job well done.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Is it sad that I'd actually really love seeing Godzilla in Smash? The idea of pitting one of cinema's most famous monsters against gaming's greatest sounds like an amazing goddamn idea.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
There is a black Bowser costume...

:231:
That's a hollow shell of what could be, though.

And honestly, I'd be interested in seeing how Sakurai and his team would even handle putting the character in the game. There's so much media for that character to draw from that no matter what, we'll be getting something interesting and potentially visually appealing.

Like, imagine this as a Final Smash:

That'd look pretty badass, I think.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Welcome to the K.Rool support thread, where we will explain you why K.Rool Godzilla in Smash would be great.:troll:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
As of right now, we could have MERELY 19 days left of the Smash ballot's existence. That's all we can expect given no exact date...
:054:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
As of right now, we could have MERELY 19 days left of the Smash ballot's existence. That's all we can expect given no exact date...
:054:
They said when it opened that it ends on October 3rd, and the ballot form has said that all along, too - that seems pretty exact to me. :crazy:

Or am I misunderstanding?

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
They said when it opened that it ends on October 3rd, and the ballot form has said that all along, too - that seems pretty exact to me. :crazy:

Or am I misunderstanding?
Oh, I thought they just said October. Well, 22 more days then lol?

Last edited:

XbusterKosmos

Keyblade Master
ballot will end on the Oct 3rd

that's all we know

there is no given date when they announced when they will reveal the first new character.

unless they have already picked one from the get go, i don't expect one for a while.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Managed a complete set of 1's this time. New personal record on crotchetyness!
I had a few 3's and 2's in this set, but otherwise my answers on this one were 1's, too.

(Not crotch itineraries, as autocorrect seemed to believe)
I don't even want to know why autocorrect even thinks that this is a thing...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I gave Petey a 4 and Doc Louis a 3. Doc would make for a somewhat interesting heavy clone of Little Mac, while Petey has always been a random favorite of mine in the spin-offs.

I wouldn't vote for either over K. Rool, of course.

As the ballot winds down, I still think he's a good choice for a first newcomer reveal. You'd want the first character to have worldwide appeal if you're Nintendo. Ideally, you would also have a first party character so there's not the appearance that third party companies have better characters than Nintendo itself, and also a newcomer so it doesn't come off as milking the main game via cut veterans.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Just thought of something, we all know Wario's Warioware costume right? What are the odds you think of us getting Kaptain K. Rool as his default attire with his King one as an alt. instead?

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I hope that's the outcome.
For some reason I think it might be especially after the dumb king k. rool mii costume they revealed. And for some reason I get the feeling the Kaptain might return in Retro Studio's DKCR3 being how they have'nt done a lot of remixes of dkc2 in their games yet, plus squidicus would make a good twist in working for k. rool, kinda like davy jones and the kraken.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
the king one should default as that's his best one.

but the kaptain one would make a nice default.
The King is more iconic but the Kaptain comes close to it as well (heck it was even referenced in some pictures in some levels in dk64). It also seems to be a lot of other people's favorites, though I like both equally,

Last edited:

XbusterKosmos

Keyblade Master
The King is more iconic but the Kaptain comes close to it as well (heck it was even referenced in some pictures in some levels in dk64). It also seems to be a lot of other people's favorites, though I like both equally,
I guess aslong as both are represented it should be fine. The most important thing is he makes it in.
K Rool is to DK what Ganon is to Link

you need both characters XD

Ulti-Mario

Smash Champion
NNID
DeCorey
Support King K Rool n Waluigi on the smash ballot guys

I guess aslong as both are represented it should be fine. The most important thing is he makes it in.
K Rool is to DK what Ganon is to Link

you need both characters XD
N what bowser is to Mario lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Ulti-Mario

Smash Champion
NNID
DeCorey
This is what I do for King k Rool I just copy n paste several times lol

Donkey Kong Country 1-3, Donkey Kong 64, Donkey Kong: King Of Swing, Mario Super Sluggers

King K. Rool needs to be a fighter to add more playable villians and heavyweight characters in Smash Bros, while also bring some needed representation for the Donkey Kong series characters. His move set will derive from all of his appearances. His standard B will be his crown boomerang from Donkey Kong Country. His side B can be his body ram move. His Down B can be his Butt smash move from Donkey Kong 64. His Up B move can be his helicopter pack from Donkey Kong Country 3. Lastly his final smash could be him jumping into his ship and fire cannons, or use his laser from Donkey Kong 64.

N did the same thing for Waluigi

Mario Sports Mix, Mario Power Tennis, Mario Strikers Charged, Mario Party 1-10, Mario Kart 8

Waluigi needs to be in smash because of his popularity, uniqueness, and because he is one of Nintendo's most original character personality wise. His data is already in this form of Smash Bros, so it would be easy to convert him into a fighter. Standard B will be his whirluigi from Mario Power Tennis, Down B will be his rapid stomp from Super Smash Bros series. His Up B will be his swimming in the air move. His Side B will be him taking his tennis racquet out and hitting a tennis ball at a foe. His final smash will be him taking his robotic arms from Mario Sports Mix to throw giant bob-bombs.

Last edited by a moderator:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
N did the same thing for Waluigi

Mario Sports Mix, Mario Power Tennis, Mario Strikers Charged, Mario Party 1-10, Mario Kart 8

Waluigi needs to be in smash because of his popularity, uniqueness, and because he is one of Nintendo's most original character personality wise. His data is already in this form of Smash Bros, so it would be easy to convert him into a fighter. Standard B will be his whirluigi from Mario Power Tennis, Down B will be his rapid stomp from Super Smash Bros series. His Up B will be his swimming in the air move. His Side B will be him taking his tennis racquet out and hitting a tennis ball at a foe. His final smash will be him taking his robotic arms from Mario Sports Mix to throw giant bob-bombs.
Woah, slow down with the posting bro.

Top Bottom