• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

D

Deleted member

Don't forget Pico(who I rate over Black Shadow), the original villain of the F-zero series who has been in all but 1 handheld entry
Pico.....Pico....Pico.....that name sounds so familiar but I can't put my finger on it all I can remember is some 10 year old anime boy that looks like a girl for some odd reas-OH DEAR GOD!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
And yet he's an AT, Pico would be the next closest best thing if not Black Shadow.

I wonder how King K. Rool's design will defer from the mii costume if he makes it in, my guess is:

1. Tail will be longer so it's more noticeable
2. the teeth will be more bigger
3. face more expressive(especially with the bulging red eye)
4. fingers will have claws
5. the design pattern on the cape will be more pointed and triangular instead of spaghetti like.

And obviously he'll be nice and fat with his golden belly showing.
I don't think the cape design has any reason to change (why it was changed in the first place is unclear). But I would add "longer snout" onto that list, since it seems the only reason the Mii has a shorter one made for the costume is so there's not a giant protruding piece sticking off of its head.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Pico.....Pico....Pico.....that name sounds so familiar but I can't put my finger on it all I can remember is some 10 year old anime boy that looks like a girl for some odd reas-OH DEAR GOD!!!!!!!!
I'm shocked that even exists.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I don't think the cape design has any reason to change (why it was changed in the first place is unclear). But I would add "longer snout" onto that list, since it seems the only reason the Mii has a shorter one made for the costume is so there's not a giant protruding piece sticking off of its head.
That makes sense too. Though the snout on the costume already looks fine to me, I guess they could make it more crocodilian though if they wanted.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
And yet he's an AT, Pico would be the next closest best thing if not Black Shadow.

I wonder how King K. Rool's design will defer from the mii costume if he makes it in, my guess is:

1. Tail will be longer so it's more noticeable
2. the teeth will be more bigger
3. face more expressive(especially with the bulging red eye)
4. fingers will have claws
5. the design pattern on the cape will be more pointed and triangular instead of spaghetti like.

And obviously he'll be nice and fat with his golden belly showing.
I mean at least he has a role in the game. Pico just has a trophy.

Pakky

Smash Hero
None of those things you listed are examples of one playable character using an ability that another playable character is much more known for using, yet doesn't use.
However your original statement is too is a bit of a fallacy, because not one member of the Kong family is known for using animal buddies, they're available for everyone to use. In a sense that would be like saying Luigi shouldn't use fire balls because that's a trademark of Mario's. Which really the fireflower is a trademark of the series as opposed to one character, this applies to the animal buddies as well. DK does not have any special monopoly on them.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
However your original statement is too is a bit of a fallacy, because not one member of the Kong family is known for using animal buddies, they're available for everyone to use. In a sense that would be like saying Luigi shouldn't use fire balls because that's a trademark of Mario's. Which really the fireflower is a trademark of the series as opposed to one character, this applies to the animal buddies as well. DK does not have any special monopoly on them.
I was referring to Rambi specifically mainly because Donkey Kong is the only character that can transform into him in DK64. I'm not saying Dixie shouldn't use Rambi, I'm saying she shouldn't use Rambi if Donkey Kong doesn't. Luigi can use fire balls, but so should Mario; it'd be awkward if Luigi could use fire balls, but not Mario. Another instance would be if Mewtwo could use Lucario's signature aura sphere, yet Lucario couldn't.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I was referring to Rambi specifically mainly because Donkey Kong is the only character that can transform into him in DK64. I'm not saying Dixie shouldn't use Rambi, I'm saying she shouldn't use Rambi if Donkey Kong doesn't. Luigi can use fire balls, but so should Mario; it'd be awkward if Luigi could use fire balls, but not Mario. Another instance would be if Mewtwo could use Lucario's signature aura sphere, yet Lucario couldn't.
That's only in DK64 though, in other games this isn't the case as far as I understand. Otherwise I see what you're saying. Also the funny thing about Lucario is that he never had a signature move, upon release about 7 pokemon could use the aura sphere move.

Last edited:

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
The thing is, Rambi is inherently associated with DK. He's his mighty steed. He's the only mount fitting for a gorilla of his stature. This is why only DK can be him in 64. This is why he's the only animal buddy to show up for Returns, sadly.

Dixie is far more closely tied to Ellie from DKC3, her own game. Rambi doesn't even show up in that one, showing he's much more closely tied to DK and Diddy. It'd just be weird to see Rambi show up as a part of Dixie's moves when he's not all that close to her, character wise.

Now, Kiddy, on the other hand....

I kid, I kid. Still, I can't see most animal buddies showing up as part of a moveset. An item? A stage gimmick? Sure. But to summon a whole animal out of the aether for one move just seems like it's pushing it. Wario can get away with his bike because he's a weirdo, but I can't see Dixie pulling a parrot out of her ponytail.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
The thing is, Rambi is inherently associated with DK. He's his mighty steed. He's the only mount fitting for a gorilla of his stature. This is why only DK can be him in 64. This is why he's the only animal buddy to show up for Returns, sadly.
I liked this post just for this paragraph.

But yeah, I dunno about Dixie magically producing an animal for her moves. It works for K. Rool's gadgets because that's what he does in the games and gadgets are intrinsic to his character; even Diddy gets away with it because the weapons function in the same way as they do in DK64, i.e. he magicks them out of thin air and pops off.

That said, if K. Rool summoned a Klaptrap it'd be kinda in the same vein, but it's something that I think fits K. Rool's playstyle. Summoning a big rhino seems weird for the dainty and whimsical Dixie. K. Rool needs his gadgets, that said. It's just a big part of who he is and how he works.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
That's only in DK64 though, in other games this isn't the case as far as I understand. Otherwise I see what you're saying. Also the funny thing about Lucario is that he never had a signature move, upon release about 7 pokemon could use the aura sphere move.
The thing is people associate Aura Sphere with Lucario because it's the Aura Pokemon and it's the first Pokemon to use the move. We didn't see any of those other Pokemon use Aura Sphere before Lucario did.

Animal Buddies would be best utilised with the Animal Buddy Boxes being thrown/hit to summon a random Animal Buddy that'll assist whoever summoned them in some way whether it's charging around the stage or creating temporary web platforms.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Well, it's September 13, otherwise known as the anniversary of Sm4sh 3DS's release in Japan. And no news.

Pakky

Smash Hero
The thing is people associate Aura Sphere with Lucario because it's the Aura Pokemon and it's the first Pokemon to use the move. We didn't see any of those other Pokemon use Aura Sphere before Lucario did.
Animal Buddies would be best utilised with the Animal Buddy Boxes being thrown/hit to summon a random Animal Buddy that'll assist whoever summoned them in some way whether it's charging around the stage or creating temporary web platforms.
You could say the same thing for Shadow ball regardless, it's incorrect, understandable, but incorrect. True signature moves are those that can only be learned by one pokemon (two if you want to count Smeargle, but for the sake of argument let's ignore that) upon the move's introduction in a game. Therefore the only Pokemon with a signature moves in Smash as of right now are Greninja with its Mat Block and Mewtwo with its Psystrike. Association makes sense but regardless of public opinion it is incorrect.

However I get you on the boxes, that would make sense. However I loathe the idea of Dixie with a mish-mash of a set that's just DK and Diddy stitched together. At this point I feel everyone kind of knows Sakurai's deal, and can see that Dixie is fated to be a semi-clone at the very least. Then again a frankenstein fusion of DK and Diddy might turn out better than I hope, time will tell.

Last edited:

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
I need some news. Anything. Just give me the date of when we get news and I will be happy. Please Smash Gods.

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
Well, it's September 13, otherwise known as the anniversary of Sm4sh 3DS's release in Japan. And no news.
Why would there be any news? Simply because it's the 1-year anniversary?

"I can't believe how they didn't reveal any news on Ridley today, after all it's 11111 days since Metroid Prime was released" or "It's 17 years since Pokemon Stadium was released in Brazil, I can't believe they didn't announce Mewtwo!".'

Weird how fans have to speculate on everything, just stay patient and wait.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
If I remember correctly, SourceGaming's polls measure how "vocal" support is instead of actual votes (overlap between them may or may not exist), but still...K. Rool now tops all of the actual veterans in Japan? That's huge! Remember how people kept on saying "LOL Japan doesn't care about him, they want even Pichu more than him!" Tsk tsk, can't do that anymore.

The one thing I am worried about is that irritating pop singer getting people to spam votes for Krystal in exchange for him following them on Twitter. Let's work these last few weeks to ensure his actual influence remains negligible.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
If I remember correctly, SourceGaming's polls measure how "vocal" support is instead of actual votes (overlap between them may or may not exist), but still...K. Rool now tops all of the actual veterans in Japan? That's huge! Remember how people kept on saying "LOL Japan doesn't care about him, they want even Pichu more than him!" Tsk tsk, can't do that anymore.

The one thing I am worried about is that irritating pop singer getting people to spam votes for Krystal in exchange for him following them on Twitter. Let's work these last few weeks to ensure his actual influence remains negligible.
So if K. Rool is the top requested in Japan, or at least has the loudest support from a very large pool of fans, this makes him top of the line all over the world does it not? Makes me think if he's reaching Sonic or Megaman levels of request right now, which is super exciting.

oinkers12

Smash Apprentice
This news is GREAT! If it is true that Japanese fans were also vocal about the K. Rool costume, then maybe Sakurai is definitely listening! That, combined with his popularity here, his moveset potential, and Sakurai not saying a word on K. Rool's status makes me very confident about his inclusion!

If he does get in, then let me say now (since a message like this would probably get flooded during K. Rool's reveal period) that we have done an amazing job as a group! Even if he doesn't get in we should all be proud. We spread K. Rool's popularity from the ground-up, had barely any developer back-up, and we brought together some of the nicest and most devoted fans of Nintendo. We not only made K. Rool relevant in Nintendo's minds, but we made him relevant for EVERYONE! If he comes back to DKC, then that will seal his status as a Nintendo icon. I have to give a shout-out to BKupa, because you are probably one of the best leaders we could've had. Thanks to you, a beloved yet forgotten character has been made mainstream!

The poll is not over yet, so let's make one last ~20 day push to secure our status! #Krocthevote!

Bananija

Count of Trickery
This news is GREAT! If it is true that Japanese fans were also vocal about the K. Rool costume, then maybe Sakurai is definitely listening! That, combined with his popularity here, his moveset potential, and Sakurai not saying a word on K. Rool's status makes me very confident about his inclusion!

If he does get in, then let me say now (since a message like this would probably get flooded during K. Rool's reveal period) that we have done an amazing job as a group! Even if he doesn't get in we should all be proud. We spread K. Rool's popularity from the ground-up, had barely any developer back-up, and we brought together some of the nicest and most devoted fans of Nintendo. We not only made K. Rool relevant in Nintendo's minds, but we made him relevant for EVERYONE! If he comes back to DKC, then that will seal his status as a Nintendo icon. I have to give a shout-out to BKupa, because you are probably one of the best leaders we could've had. Thanks to you, a beloved yet forgotten character has been made mainstream!

The poll is not over yet, so let's make one last ~20 day push to secure our status! #Krocthevote!
It's funny when you think about the fact that, while BKupa is a great leader, K.Rool, his avatar and the one that he helped us to bring back to his former glory, is an horrible leader.:laugh:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I kinda feel sad about Isaac and Dixie's position on that poll though......

But still, K.Rool beign Japan's favorite pick is trurly good news for us.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So if K. Rool is the top requested in Japan, or at least has the loudest support from a very large pool of fans, this makes him top of the line all over the world does it not? Makes me think if he's reaching Sonic or Megaman levels of request right now, which is super exciting.
I don't think he's quite reaching THAT level, but he's definitely very high up right now. Sonic and Mega Man are massively popular. K. Rool is currently that high up for Nintendo, by far the most iconic Nintendo character not playable in the game right now (other than Toad), but he's not the star of a series, he's the main antagonist of one.

Martingale

Smash Apprentice
Why would there be any news? Simply because it's the 1-year anniversary?

"I can't believe how they didn't reveal any news on Ridley today, after all it's 11111 days since Metroid Prime was released" or "It's 17 years since Pokemon Stadium was released in Brazil, I can't believe they didn't announce Mewtwo!".'

Weird how fans have to speculate on everything, just stay patient and wait.
To be fair, the ballot ends on the release date of Smash 3DS in North America. We know at least that they pay some attention to release dates, so it wasn't outside the realm of possibility that we'd get information today.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
I couldn't resist the appeal of Super Mario Maker and bought it yesterday from the eShop... it'd been great fun so far creating levels, but there's something I'm wondering about (semi-relevant to K. Rool I suppose)...

Is the SMB Ghost House theme supposed to be a remix of some DK64 music? I know I'll look like an idiot if that's not the case, but I'm pretty sure I've heard this melody before, and it really sounds like it's be a perfect fit for a Rare game. Is this song really inspired from a DK64 track or I'm just being crazy?

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
The best thing that could probably happen for Dixie (besides being chosen as DLC character...) is to have K. Rool included in the game. Fairly or unfairly, she currently lives in K. Rool's very fat shadow.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'd say closer to Dedede or Wario level. As supported as we seem to be, I still don't think we've passed into "OMG HYPE" territory yet. That territory is populated seemingly by characters where people think they're pushing some kind of boundary by getting them in (see: "THIS IS OUR ONLY CHANCE TO VOTE FOR BANJO 'CAUSE PHIL SPENCER TWEETED ABOUT IT" or all the people trying to vote in indie characters for the same reason), or ones with loudmouth Internet psuedo-celebrities hawking them to their followers (the Krystal guy, some of Tumblr's big Daisy roleplay accounts). Aside from one or two Playtonic RTs, we've had no such luxury, but are generally liked by a lot of the community, at least. That bodes well.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
He is 30th. Not in the top 19, but still alright.
And unsurprisingly, a certain black haired loli witch managed to beat him out. But then again, her support was always huge in Japan (even with the existence of the Assist Trophy).

Top Bottom