• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Tom the Scrublord

Smash Cadet
If I remember correctly, SourceGaming's polls measure how "vocal" support is instead of actual votes (overlap between them may or may not exist), but still...K. Rool now tops all of the actual veterans in Japan? That's huge! Remember how people kept on saying "LOL Japan doesn't care about him, they want even Pichu more than him!" Tsk tsk, can't do that anymore.

The one thing I am worried about is that irritating pop singer getting people to spam votes for Krystal in exchange for him following them on Twitter. Let's work these last few weeks to ensure his actual influence remains negligible.
Which pop singer?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I'd say closer to Dedede or Wario level. As supported as we seem to be, I still don't think we've passed into "OMG HYPE" territory yet. That territory is populated seemingly by characters where people think they're pushing some kind of boundary by getting them in (see: "THIS IS OUR ONLY CHANCE TO VOTE FOR BANJO 'CAUSE PHIL SPENCER TWEETED ABOUT IT" or all the people trying to vote in indie characters for the same reason), or ones with loudmouth Internet psuedo-celebrities hawking them to their followers (the Krystal guy, some of Tumblr's big Daisy roleplay accounts). Aside from one or two Playtonic RTs, we've had no such luxury, but are generally liked by a lot of the community, at least. That bodes well.
How requested were they?

But yea were not they're yet.

But were so close though. Part 1 dixie and him are almost tied but not anymore they chose the king over her.

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
This news is GREAT! If it is true that Japanese fans were also vocal about the K. Rool costume, then maybe Sakurai is definitely listening! That, combined with his popularity here, his moveset potential, and Sakurai not saying a word on K. Rool's status makes me very confident about his inclusion!

If he does get in, then let me say now (since a message like this would probably get flooded during K. Rool's reveal period) that we have done an amazing job as a group! Even if he doesn't get in we should all be proud. We spread K. Rool's popularity from the ground-up, had barely any developer back-up, and we brought together some of the nicest and most devoted fans of Nintendo. We not only made K. Rool relevant in Nintendo's minds, but we made him relevant for EVERYONE! If he comes back to DKC, then that will seal his status as a Nintendo icon. I have to give a shout-out to BKupa, because you are probably one of the best leaders we could've had. Thanks to you, a beloved yet forgotten character has been made mainstream!

The poll is not over yet, so let's make one last ~20 day push to secure our status! #Krocthevote!
Couldn't had said it better.:)

Like you said, the fact that Sakurai hasn't said anything yet and our king is popular in both the U.S. and Japan is giving me a good feeling. While we shouldn't be making this seem confirmation *cough* imdb *cough* , we should still feel a bit more safe from Mr. King K. Ostume.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
“Instead of going through a lot of very convoluted hocus-pocus to make K.Rool a fighter, I figured it’d be better to keep K.Rool as it currently is, by ignoring him, and have him feel like a truly neglected presence. There are other icons, too, like Wart and Bad Box Art Mega Man, which help nonexistently portray each of their world settings. They go a long way toward not deepening the game world, and I think it’s been fun to experiment with. Now get ready for the newcomer: Viridi wearing a crocodile hide while carrying a blunderbuss. And we only had to remove Diddy Kong and both Samuses to do it”- Sakurai November 2015

Pakky

Smash Hero
Okay so, the hole is getting deeper and the there isn't any room for excuses, so it's all on you Sakurai.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
So I was looking for some K. Rool references in Google to make some fan art. Looked "King K. Rool vote", classic Google asked me "Did you mean King K. Rool vore?"...

And they think Krystal fans have to deal with furry stuff.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So I was looking for some K. Rool references in Google to make some fan art. Looked "King K. Rool vote", classic Google asked me "Did you mean King K. Rool vore?"...

And they think Krystal fans have to deal with furry stuff.
Welcome to the Internet, where there are no exceptions for any character ever. Enjoy your stay! :troll:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
If I remember correctly, SourceGaming's polls measure how "vocal" support is instead of actual votes (overlap between them may or may not exist), but still...K. Rool now tops all of the actual veterans in Japan? That's huge! Remember how people kept on saying "LOL Japan doesn't care about him, they want even Pichu more than him!" Tsk tsk, can't do that anymore.

The one thing I am worried about is that irritating pop singer getting people to spam votes for Krystal in exchange for him following them on Twitter. Let's work these last few weeks to ensure his actual influence remains negligible.
Who's the pop singer you speak of?

Well, it's September 13, otherwise known as the anniversary of Sm4sh 3DS's release in Japan. And no news.
Wow... I can't believe it, it went by so fast. (like :4sonic: speed)
King K. Rool is a popular character in Japan. People said that "The Japanese hates DK", He will be a DLC fighter.
If you excuse me, I'm going to listen to One of Us as a sign of victory.

oinkers12

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't be so sure on our victory. There's still a chance that K. Rool won't be in the game. I'm optimistic and I think he has at least a 75% chance of being a character, but if we say that he's 100% confirmed then we will be setting ourselves up for disappointment. This news has been great for us but the more confident we are the higher chance that there is for this fanbase to turn into a Ridley situation if we don't succeed (basically being ridiculed for being sure despite legitimate reasoning).

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Yeah, certainties don't exist in Smash.

Nothing's changed except we know now that even Japan's on our side. We need to keep up the good work, 'cos it ain't over 'til the fat kroc sings~

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
I wouldn't be so sure on our victory. There's still a chance that K. Rool won't be in the game. I'm optimistic and I think he has at least a 75% chance of being a character, but if we say that he's 100% confirmed then we will be setting ourselves up for disappointment. This news has been great for us but the more confident we are the higher chance that there is for this fanbase to turn into a Ridley situation if we don't succeed (basically being ridiculed for being sure despite legitimate reasoning).
Well the Ridley debacle isn't something that shouldn't be discussed, but I agree with this sentiment. I'm not pessimistic, but it's true, nobody should be completely confident in the bar after they want to get in.

Some Wolf fans for example were so sure of themselves (for legit reasons) to get Wolf as ore-ballot. But with time running out and the more sense it makes to include him, it I stills more fear. I don't want something like this happening to K. Rool fans or anyone else's for that matter. Be cautious everyone, but keep fighting for what you truly believe in.

While Sakurai gets the final say (and he has every right not to pick K. Rool whether he's he most popular or not), it wouldn't really make sense given that we know K. Rool fits his criteria and since he said characters from here on out are "fan service".

Which brings up the question, what would people here do if K. Rool was shafted from DLC (this isn't factoring Sakurai's reason for hypothetically excluding him or if he is saving him for Smash 5).

Nothing's changed except we know now that even Japan's on our side. We need to keep up the good work, 'cos it ain't over 'til the fat kroc sings~
As Rocky Balboa puts it, "It ain't over, until it's over!"

Last edited:
Well the Ridley debacle isn't something that shouldn't be discussed, but I agree with this sentiment. I'm not pessimistic, but it's true, nobody should be completely confident in the bar after they want to get in.

Some Wolf fans for example were so sure of themselves (for legit reasons) to get Wolf as ore-ballot. But with time running out and the more sense it makes to include him, it I stills more fear. I don't want something like this happening to K. Rool fans or anyone else's for that matter. Be cautious everyone, but keep fighting for what you truly believe in.

While Sakurai gets the final say (and he has every right not to pick K. Rool whether he's he most popular or not), it wouldn't really make sense given that we know K. Rool fits his criteria and since he said characters from here on out are "fan service".

Which brings up the question, what would people here do if K. Rool was shafted from DLC (this isn't factoring Sakurai's reason for hypothetically excluding him or if he is saving him for Smash 5).

As Rocky Balboa puts it, "It ain't over, until it's over!"
Even if the King doesn't become DLC (He will). The polls will be used for choosing characters for Smash 5.

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
It would cement my stance that Sakurai needs to step down from Smash. It'd become undeniably clear it's more about what he wants then what the fans want.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
I'm officially not buying smash 5 if k rool isn't in it. If he doesn't make it for another smash title, i'm done, i'm done forever. In a way, smash 4 will be my last game if k rool doesn't make it in now, or smash 5

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Who's the pop singer you speak of?
"Jordan Sweeto," who I've never heard of outside of seeing him posting VOTE FOR KRYSTAL!!!! in all caps on various YouTube videos and on Twitter.

If K. Rool doesn't get in? I shake my head and move on from Smash, knowing that future DK games developed by great developers who openly profess to love their fans and care what they have to say are just around the corner. What we've done for the character of K. Rool can't be stopped, only delayed longer still by Sakurai.

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
While we shouldn't even be thinking of Smash 5 when we are still getting DLC for smash 4, it brings up two questions for me:

1. Will they included the DLC fighters already in the game or bring them back at all?
  2. Let's say K. Rool does get in, what would your reaction be if they (probably Sakurai) decides to cut him? We have seen this with wolf, lucas, and many others. I would absolutely be pissed off if K. Rool was cut but if megaman was...

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Until he sings this more specifically:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Will they included the DLC fighters already in the game or bring them back at all?
I imagine that they would be part of the base roster in the next game.

Let's say K. Rool does get in, what would your reaction be if they (probably Sakurai) decides to cut him? We have seen this with wolf, lucas, and many others. I would absolutely be pissed off if K. Rool was cut but if megaman was...
The problem with third-party guest characters was always going to be that licensing issues will crop up with them sooner or later - their very nature prevents them from ever being assured as permanent.

Last edited:

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
I imagine that they would be part of the base roster in the next game.

The problem with third-party guest characters was always going to be that licensing issues will crop up with them sooner or later - their very nature prevents them from ever being assured as permanent.
That's what makes it so scary. It is so unpredictable for third-party characters.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Japanese fans could be the Make-Or-Break for K. Rool, really. If there is a LOT of Japanese support even this far in for K. Rool they are technically Nintendo's most direct fans.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Honestly, the Japanese support for K. Rool is bigger than I think some people are stating.
Japan is, admittedly, a fair bit Xenophobic when it comes to games. Most things that start with western roots end up overlooked.
K. Rool /was/ a Rare creation, a specifically western born monster. Him STILL being a powerhouse on the ballot furthers his grounds as a #1 newcomer imo.

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
He's still a villain lol.
no.... samurai goroh is captain falcons self-proclaimed rival.... a pirate bounty hunter. in the anime he actually helps ryu quite a bit. goroh is more like an anti-hero if anything on the level of wario.
now if you want a real f-zero villain, try zoda, black shadow, deathborn, and blood falcon. black shadow especially. blood falcon is already in smash though :p (see captain falcons alt... the one that says "blood hawk" on the back.)
they have been consistantly villains in the f-zero universe. the anime though kind of made certain characters who are neutral (like the skull, pico, babba, octoman, and bio rex) into members of black shadows army... (even made don genie and deathborn black shadows alter egos)

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
no.... samurai goroh is captain falcons self-proclaimed rival.... a pirate bounty hunter. in the anime he actually helps ryu quite a bit. goroh is more like an anti-hero if anything on the level of wario.
now if you want a real f-zero villain, try zoda, black shadow, deathborn, and blood falcon. black shadow especially. blood falcon is already in smash though :p (see captain falcons alt... the one that says "blood hawk" on the back.)
they have been consistantly villains in the f-zero universe. the anime though kind of made certain characters who are neutral (like the skull, pico, babba, octoman, and bio rex) into members of black shadows army... (even made don genie and deathborn black shadows alter egos)
You can still be a rival and a villain dude. Goroh's probably an antivillain (Villain with heroic traits which is literally what he is, he steals but doesn't kill) if anything.

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
You can still be a rival and a villain dude. Goroh's probably an antivillain (Villain with heroic traits which is literally what he is, he steals but doesn't kill) if anything.
goroh is more chaotic neutral if anything. hes not a villain. i mean pirates and such arent ALWAYS villains. also nabooru was a thief yet shes one of the characters who helps link in the end. hardly ANYONE considers wario a villain even though hes a thief. the only "villainous" characters are zoda, blood falcon, deathborn and black shadow.

besides being a thief goroh didnt seem THAT malicious.

Last edited:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
I couldn't resist the appeal of Super Mario Maker and bought it yesterday from the eShop... it'd been great fun so far creating levels, but there's something I'm wondering about (semi-relevant to K. Rool I suppose)...

Is the SMB Ghost House theme supposed to be a remix of some DK64 music? I know I'll look like an idiot if that's not the case, but I'm pretty sure I've heard this melody before, and it really sounds like it's be a perfect fit for a Rare game. Is this song really inspired from a DK64 track or I'm just being crazy?
The first thing I thought of was Grant Kirkhope when I heard this theme. It sounds a lot like many of the "indoors" song variations across DK64 and the Banjo Kazooie series.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
goroh is more chaotic neutral if anything. hes not a villain. i mean pirates and such arent ALWAYS villains. also nabooru was a thief yet shes one of the characters who helps link in the end. hardly ANYONE considers wario a villain even though hes a thief. the only "villainous" characters are zoda, blood falcon, deathborn and black shadow.

besides being a thief goroh didnt seem THAT malicious.
Goroh is deliberately stealing other people's belongings and is leads a band of people who also deliberately steal other people's stuff. He opposes/gets in the way of Captain Falcon all the time. He fits the basic criteria for a villain. Is he a maniacal, I want to rule/kill everyone type of villain like the King of the Kremlings (ON TOPIC!!!!) or Zoda/Shadow/Deathborn/Blood Falcon, no, but he is still a villain (Anti-villain status).

But anyway, that King K. Rool guy is pretty cool amiright.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Two little pieces from Tumblr that I thought I'd share.

First, one user believes that K. Rool fans have dramatically overlooked how awful the character truly is, and sought to rectify the situation:

king k rool f***ing a****** ugly piece of s*** should die and never come back hes not like bowser or dedede hes an unecessary piece of s*** the dk return bosses were more fun but k rool is ugly and too big f*** king k rool he hasnt been in a dk game since like 64 f*** he is just an alligator with a crown and he is ugly he wont get in smash nintendo doesnt like him anymore and he is an adshole
The other? A wonderful K. Rool song, in GIF form.

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A

First, one user believes that K. Rool fans have dramatically overlooked how awful the character truly is, and sought to rectify the situation:

king k rool f***ing a****** ugly piece of s*** should die and never come back hes not like bowser or dedede hes an unecessary piece of s*** the dk return bosses were more fun but k rool is ugly and too big f*** king k rool he hasnt been in a dk game since like 64 f*** he is just an alligator with a crown and he is ugly he wont get in smash nintendo doesnt like him anymore and he is an adshole
"Too big"...he may have K. Rool confused with a certain other reptile.

Absolutely glorious.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere

And here it is in song form,

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Apparently, villains being jerks detracts from them. How much do you want to bet that this person wants some anime character in?

Top Bottom