• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Goodstyle

Smash Apprentice
I think it's interesting that they are making the distinction that this is a RETRO K. Rool costume and that they're making this distinction now. Gives me the impression that they want to tell us something about a K. Rool design that won't be so retro coming soon...

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well guys... I've gotta wonder; what will the next few days bring? Will we get some rain into our Smash speculation, or will the drought of Smash news remain? Find out next time after a :4littlemac: Haymaker loading screen. (I don't even know anymore).

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Clearly it, whatever the appearance might be, would be what people would then want his Down B to be. Seeing as we always seem to toss around Down B as a ton of different things. Barrels, Electropods, Butt-Bounce ( Seriously though, I see the Butt-Bounce ground pound to be a D-Air. )
Generally I don't support characters movesets changing drastically unless there's a genuine issue but having the butt bounce as either an aerial or a special would make me pray for the moveset update next game.
Am I the only one who thinks Hawlucha could have starred in his own game entirely separate from the Pokemon series? His design makes me think of him as some endearing indie character, luchador birdman.

Although I think he's odd by Pokemon standards, I like his design regardless.
I love Hawlucha. The fact a 2nd, Wrestler Pikachu is in Pokken instead of him currently is a missed opportunity in my mind.

TropicalBreeze

Smash Apprentice
That post up there made me remember how much I loved Guacamelee. Awesome music, tons of fun, just too darn short.

Also, I never got initiated. You guys wanna rectify that?

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I think it's interesting that they are making the distinction that this is a RETRO K. Rool costume and that they're making this distinction now. Gives me the impression that they want to tell us something about a K. Rool design that won't be so retro coming soon...
Perhaps K. Rool will be more Retro than we think...

CelerinaTheJackrabbit

Smash Cadet
Generally I don't support characters movesets changing drastically unless there's a genuine issue but having the butt bounce as either an aerial or a special would make me pray for the moveset update next game.
I was just assuming that'd work the best. I mean, It'd act much like Bowser's D-Air. Perhaps even having the green shockwaves to damage/push back folks.

D

Deleted member

I think El Kokodrilo would be powerfull enough to Suplex a Train (i hope someone will get the reference).

Bananija

Count of Trickery
I love Hawlucha. The fact a 2nd, Wrestler Pikachu is in Pokken instead of him currently is a missed opportunity in my mind.
Nothing is seatled for our winged friend. In my eyes, Wrestler Pikachu is to Hawlucha what the K.Osplay is to the King.

What do you thinks about this Bluster?
Bluster is so benevolent.jpeg

Last edited:
3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
As a huge wrestling and King K. Rool fan, THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN! Although I imagine King K. Rool having either a monster luchador character or a really hated heel but he always acts happy. So basically, King K. Rool should be the New Day.
Maybe in a wrestling themed fight, K. Rool could emphasize how he can throw his weight around, with things like body slams and suplexes where he actually grapples, but still has hints of his item themed fighting style by using things like boomerang folding chairs or falling skylights or "tagteaming" another Kremling in and stuff like that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Is suplex a train a reference to something? I know what a suplex is.
I'ts supposed to be a reference to this:
I knew people wouldn't get the reference (and i suppose people didn't get my Detective Conan reference from earlier)

D

Deleted member

Since we are on the topic of FF6

¿Could someone please do a drawing of King K.efka? (a cross between K.Rool and Kefka)

Pakky

Smash Hero
Say if K Rool was in a story set up like in the Subspace storyline, what role do you think he would play? Who do you see him having good or bad interactions with?

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
He would likely be one of the antagonists along with Wario, Bowser and Ganondorf, with a special animosity for the Kongs. Not that he probably wouldn't bicker and fight amongst his perceived villain rival Bowser. There's also the chance he might be like King Dedede in, still an antagonist (to a point) but working on his own terms rather than the whims of Ganondorf or whoever is behind the scenes.

Edit: And if he was working for Ganondorf he'd look for any opportunity to stab him in the back, or whoever the main villain is.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I imagine K.Rool would be a more wacky Ganondorf.

Ready to usurp power at the first chance he gets.

Dedede wasn't evil.

Bowser had loyalty.

Wario just did what he wanted.

R.O.B. Was blackmailed.

I imagine Wolf would just be in it for the money.

Jr. would do what Papa would do. As would the Koopalings.

Ridley seemed loyal, but we don't see a lot of him.

I do imagine a power struggle between Ganondorf and K.Rool near the end.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

Dedede wasn't evil.

Bowser had loyalty.

R.O.B. Was blackmailed.

King Dedede is basically a hero lol.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master

Dedede wasn't evil.

Bowser had loyalty.

R.O.B. Was blackmailed.

So why was Dedede turning people into trophies and hoarding them?

Not saying he's evil, I was just confused as to why he ran around doing that.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed

Dedede makes a habit of seeing the bigger picture and acting on it before others figure it out, even if that may make him appear antagonistic (it's one of the traits that frequently has people confuse him for a villain). He was making sure that someone would be able to save the day.

Last edited:

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448

According to the old Brawl journals regarding Subspace, Dedede was a hero. He just accidentally stopped Meta Knight from reclaiming the Halberd, and while there learns of Tabuu and starts making a team of whoever he can find to stop him.

There's also Mr. Game & Watch who despite being an antagonist is perfect neutral.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Dedede makes a habit of seeing the bigger picture and acting on it before others figure it out, even if that may make him appear antagonistic (it's one of the traits that frequently has people confuse him for a villain). He was making sure that someone would be able to save the day.
Clever.

I never thought about it that way.

It's too bad no one could talk in the Subspace Emissary so he could tell Luigi "Oh, I'm just doing this for your own protection against Taboo's magic, then we're going to team up and stop him, just as soon as I pilfer someone else who's already in trophy form". Without context it just seemed like blatant Luiginapping, plus smacking him into next Tuesday with his hammer.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Clever.

I never thought about it that way.

It's too bad no one could talk in the Subspace Emissary so he could tell Luigi "Oh, I'm just doing this for your own protection against Taboo's magic, then we're going to team up and stop him, just as soon as I pilfer someone else who's already in trophy form". Without context it just seemed like blatant Luiginapping, plus smacking him into next Tuesday with his hammer.
In fairness, that same thing is what the story in Kirby's Adventure hinged on, as well. The moral of the story is, don't underestimate the penguin because he's smart and he's probably ten steps ahead. :p

I'd love to see how he'd interact with K. Rool, actually, on that note. Dedede's been shown to be scared of things that're bigger than him, bearing in mind that canonically he's only sixteen inches tall, but I suppose in Smash terms he'd be a little braver due to being scaled up. :laugh:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Kirby's Dream Land was really the only time in which Dedede did something evil, really...(Revenge of the King in SSU was more of a personal thing for him)

I just noticed that K.Rool and Dedede both stealed food in their debut game. (although K.Rool is definetly more evil than Dedede always was).....

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I just noticed that K.Rool and Dedede both stealed food in their debut game. (although K.Rool is definetly more evil than Dedede always was).....
And now I no longer have to wonder about how the two would interact.

K. Rool would steal the Banana Hoard again, and Dedede would happen across it and eat the whole lot. :laugh:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
And now I no longer have to wonder about how the two would interact.

K. Rool would steal the Banana Hoard again, and Dedede would happen across it and eat the whole lot. :laugh:
I don't think K. Rool would necessarily mind as long as he didn't have any plans for the bananas. And when DK and crew came a'knockin' he'd point a finger at Dedede who has banana paste all over his face.

Dedede stole food because he loved eating (as far as I know, I never played the game). K. Rool stole food to make the inhabitants starve even if he hates the food he stole. Dedede is greedy. K. Rool is flat out cruel kuh-ruel.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Dedede stole food because he loved eating (as far as I know, I never played the game). K. Rool stole food to make the inhabitants starve even if he hates the food he stole. Dedede is greedy. K. Rool is flat out cruel
kuh-ruel.
That's about the gist of it. Dedede can be a little selfish, too, but he learned his lesson after the first game and made efforts to improve.

K. Rool, of course, went the other way, and got worse.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I don't think K. Rool would necessarily mind as long as he didn't have any plans for the bananas. And when DK and crew came a'knockin' he'd point a finger at Dedede who has banana paste all over his face.

Dedede stole food because he loved eating (as far as I know, I never played the game). K. Rool stole food to make the inhabitants starve even if he hates the food he stole. Dedede is greedy. K. Rool is flat out cruel kuh-ruel.
And this is why King K Rool is more evil than Bowser. Could Mewtwo be seen as a villain?

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
thinking of a new theme and costume.
Since all of his other personas were basically poking fun at the final boss tropes of their time, I actually wonder if his next getup might end up being something that takes a funny little jab at super-ultra-over-serious games. :laugh:

Kommando K. Rool, komplete with kopious amounts of kutscenes filmed in a first-person perspective, anyone?

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
What do you think K.Rool has been doing since his last defeat?
Eating getting even more fat and lazier waiting to be brought into the next 3D Donkey Kong game which just so happens to get rid of all the collectibles and platforming because "the younger demographic don't find it fun and just want to shoot things" it will be called Donkey Kong: Peanuts and Screws!

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
In fairness, that same thing is what the story in Kirby's Adventure hinged on, as well. The moral of the story is, don't underestimate the penguin because he's smart and he's probably ten steps ahead. :p
Or he just has Escargoon do all the work, and then steals the credit.:awesome: I wouldn't be surprised if Escargoon made those timer badges.

Top Bottom