• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
That's probably going to get downvoted pretty quickly since Reddit's Smash page is not only a competitive haven where "lol heavyweights suck" is a common sentiment, along with memes about salt and hype, but character discussion is at a minimum. Anyone who can, lend an upvote to counter this, since it's important to keep K. Rool in the spotlight this last month.

Last edited:
@ Dudery and FAITH forever Dudery and FAITH forever , if you want, you can post my moveset too!
i posted him a link to the first page that has everything you need to know about k rool,he replyed with a thank you and said that his brother told him all about k rool and he thought he was cool(and the thread that he posted went from 4 upvotes to 0...everything in the new section in r/smashbros gets downvoted no matter what...that place got pretty toxic but a few months ago everyone there supported k rool,and you should of seen the place when the mii costume showed up...everyone got pissed even the mods)

and people are posting mii fighter moves as k rools moveset...how funny /sarcasm

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Or he just has Escargoon do all the work, and then steals the credit.:awesome: I wouldn't be surprised if Escargoon made those timer badges.
The anime has been specifically stated to be non-canon, though this should be readily obvious by the fact that absolutely everyone is ludicrously out-of-character, anyway. ;) As far as the games are concerned (one non-canon mini-game many many years ago aside, back when the anime was still re-airing in some places), Escargoon and everything specific to the anime thankfully doesn't exist.

This got me thinking: Do you think that K. Rool would be willing to work with the Kongs if there was a threat that affected both of them (Think Smithy from Super Mario RPG or Bleck from Supar Paper Mario)? Or would the King be stubborn to the end?
I think he would, but I think he'd play stubborn up-front, then pretend to go along with it, and then backstab everybody in the end.

The only way he could be convinced into working with them is that if he could kill all of them at the end which the Kong's would never agree to.
Well, he doesn't have to tell them that... ;)

Workout montage?

Sorry but I couldn't resist
Definitely the strangest thing I've seen all day... :laugh:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Now, while this means literally nothing I thought this was very interesting. In the notifcations when I turned Smash on, this one came up so I snapped a pic.

Smash refers to K. Rool as Retro (which just got clipped out of this pic, sorry my camera has a 3 second delay on it).
Full it's "Retro Costumes for sale! Dress up your Mii as King K. Rool or a Flying Man!"

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
That exercise video with K. Rool, Klump and Krusha should be enough to hype anyone up for a good work out. Stand aside Jillian Michaels. King K. Rool will get us all fit and trim!

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Now, while this means literally nothing I thought this was very interesting. In the notifcations when I turned Smash on, this one came up so I snapped a pic.

Smash refers to K. Rool as Retro (which just got clipped out of this pic, sorry my camera has a 3 second delay on it).
Full it's "Retro Costumes for sale! Dress up your Mii as King K. Rool or a Flying Man!"
@ BKupa666 BKupa666 mentioned this a few days ago. Thanks for the shout-out anyway. :3

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman

Mfw DKC soundracks are basically gold in form of sound waves, and Sakurai is only putting Kongo Jungle remixes in the game. Tbh the main reason I'm hoping for a DLC DK stage is to remedy to this sin. Then again, Hyrule Castle 64 has only remixes of the Hyrule Field theme.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Mfw DKC soundracks are basically gold in form of sound waves, and Sakurai is only putting Kongo Jungle remixes in the game. Tbh the main reason I'm hoping for a DLC DK stage is to remedy to this sin. Then again, Hyrule Castle 64 has only remixes of the Hyrule Field theme.
Back when Smash 3DS was still in production, at that point early on when they'd stated that there'd be something of a focus on handheld titles as the inspiration for the game's stages (something that didn't quite pan out on as wide a scale as I'd imagined, in the end), I let my imagination run wild with the possibilities for this.

I really wanted to see Donkey Kong Land's Kremlantis, complete with its wonderful music, or at the least DKL's Gangplank Galleon, for example. Honestly, I still do want to see these things. :laugh:

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Ahem.

:4lucas::4feroy::4ryu:

When did sakurai say these guys will come out on that quick direct about some of the smash dlc.
Yes, they came out the same day, but we knew Lucas was coming for about 2 months and was placed with Roy and Ryu and unfortunately, Roy and Ryu themselves got leaked the day before they were intended to be released. Sure, that may be irrelevant, but it's not always necessarily true.
Here's the thing. That Smash Direct was announced in advance. Now, we had no idea that Roy and Ryu would be announced, but the event itself was announced. Right now we've had nothing announced. Monday would be a good time to announce something, but any event like this has ALWAYS been announced in advance. That doesn't mean it can't happen, there's a first for everything, but don't expect it to happen.

The maintenance probably won't even result in an update at all, its probably just making sure the servers are running smoothly.

Yeah, we've known about this. It also appeared in French a couple weeks ago as I recall. This is the first time recently the K. Rool costume has been called "Retro," though.

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery

I hope that a Gangplank Galleon will fix this.

Also,
where is my Groose theme?!

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I was trying to find this thread and I was perusing the character sub-forums trying to find K. Rool in the K section.

What a happy kitty I'd be~ :3

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
https://twitter.com/Doctor_Cupcakes/status/638091731498586112

Apparently the source code on the ballot page has been updated. Interesting.
This has come up in the Bandana Waddle Dee thread already. A couple of quotes;

@Logo12 proved in the wolf thread that it updates accordingly to your time or something like that. I wouldn't get too excited
Basically
View attachment 70950

lol dat attention hog phail'd
The above posts are brought to you courtesy of @swordofacorn and @Logo12. (Sorry for borrowing your posts, guys! :laugh:)

Last edited:

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
anyone seen this>
https://twitter.com/CyberCarbon717/status/638096887376166913
take leaks with a grain of salt. but this actually sounds rather cool. and a good compromise for ridley fans. and we get master hand and co too!
i mean..... this is probably fake. but the entire roster was leaked months before the games release (pre-dlc, obviously) and this sounds so far out of left field it makes me curious....
but then again... tower of smash.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
anyone seen this>
take leaks with a grain of salt. but this actually sounds rather cool. and a good compromise for ridley fans. and we get master hand and co too!
i mean..... this is probably fake. but the entire roster was leaked months before the games release (pre-dlc, obviously) and this sounds so far out of left field it makes me curious....
If this is real I, well I don't know. The bosses present other than lefty and righty don't really seem epic enough to have a mode dedicated to them. Their fights aren't even full fights you tap em a few times and they're dead. Also Crazy and Master are bosses in how many modes now, because if feels like a lot.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
anyone seen this>
This guy claims that we will be getting Captain Toad, Dixie, Tetra and Bandana Dee from the ballot, while Wolf, "Super Monkey Ball" and Wonder Red become DLC costumes.

He was also, if I'm remembering correctly, the same numbskull who mods tricked into making a Smashboards account and exposing himself as a Canadian fraud instead of a Japanese insider.

Only thing this does is make us long for the days when K. Rool was part of every "safe" leak on the web.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
anyone seen this>
"Customisations"

Yeah, it's fake.

And yes, I know during the ESRB leak there was "Wifi Disabled" spelled wrong but I can't see something going from being spelled right to spelled wrong in a patch.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
anyone seen this>
"When beating the mode, you'll get a trophy from a boss from that character's game. Samus gets another Ridley trophy, ZSS gets Meta Ridley, Luigi gets King Boo, you get the idea."

Someone ask him what trophy is obtained by beating the boss mode with Villager or Wii Fit Trainer, please. :p

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
anyone seen this>
No one points out how absurd this is.
- Master Hand, Crazy Hand, Metal Face, Yellow Devil, Master Core-forms and Ridley are all playable.

edit - in a mode called VS. Boss, but its still absurd.

Last edited:

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
This guy claims that we will be getting Captain Toad, Dixie, Tetra and Bandana Dee from the ballot, while Wolf, "Super Monkey Ball" and Wonder Red become DLC costumes.

He was also, if I'm remembering correctly, the same numbskull who mods tricked into making a Smashboards account and exposing himself as a Canadian fraud instead of a Japanese insider.

Only thing this does is make us long for the days when K. Rool was part of every "safe" leak on the web.
Aiai for Smash lol

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
"Customisations"

Yeah, it's fake.

And yes, I know during the ESRB leak there was "Wifi Disabled" spelled wrong but I can't see something going from being spelled right to spelled wrong in a patch.
"Customisations" thats how British people say it, I think that if this is real it's taken from the EU version.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
"When beating the mode, you'll get a trophy from a boss from that character's game. Samus gets another Ridley trophy, ZSS gets Meta Ridley, Luigi gets King Boo, you get the idea."

Someone ask him what trophy is obtained by beating the boss mode with Villager or Wii Fit Trainer, please. :p
Ask as well for ROB and Duck Hunt.

Also, why the avatar of the man who had one of the most stupid death ever. Is it because he is often compared to our glorious king?

Pakky

Smash Hero

Or Duck Hunt, or Mii, or G&W, or R.O.B, or Mewtwo, or DK, or Diddy, Bowser, or Bowser jr, or Ganon, or Lucario, or Charizard, whew*

Wait Ryu has like 6 bosses Sagat, Akuma, Seth, M. Bison, Gill, and Urien.

Last edited:
Top Bottom