• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Hypothetically, how would ya'll react if K. Rool was released as a playable fighter, but looks completely different from his Rare or PAON designs? Something that Retro would want to put their own spin on King K. Rool:

Not saying he'd be like that completely, but I think it would be something Retro would do and would make him fit in better with designs like Snowmads. Let's say the K. Rool Mii Costume is just a homage to his Rare design but Sakurai decided to go with a design being made for a future DKCR3 game?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Hypothetically, how would ya'll react if K. Rool was released as a playable fighter, but looks completely different from his Rare or PAON designs? Something that Retro would want to put their own spin on King K. Rool:

Not saying he'd be like that completely, but I think it would be something Retro would do and would make him fit in better with designs like Snowmads. Let's say the K. Rool Mii Costume is just a homage to his Rare design but Sakurai decided to go with a design being made for a future DKCR3 game?
I wouldn't mind it, for what it would represent overall. I doubt they'd do anything massively drastic, anyway.

Bananija

Count of Trickery

1 : "Why...just why?"
2 :
K.Rool is in!

Last edited:

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
[6:34:56 PM] Mavireck (Zombie Saurian): It's odd how they don't use "Play as King K. Rool" but do so for the other characters.
[6:36:25 PM | Edited 6:36:37 PM] Mavireck (Zombie Saurian): It's also, "you'll feel like" or, "dress up as"...

Yah I'm that lazy....

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I wouldn't mind a Smash-specific design (many characters have them) as long as it heavily draws from his Rare design. In fact, I feel like that is more likely than just using the Paon design because it is more "modern" or "recent'.

But I'm not fond of the ultra realism in that picture, however. Eliminating his googly eyes is also a bad choice. (part of why I don't like the Paon design so much, it makes his eyes/face more "realistic").

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I don't think the Kremlings bother trying to justify K. Rool's actions...

We say that because we're being watched.

This IS his support thread. I bet he'd feed us to mutant Klap Traps if we dissent in here...

I wouldn't mind a Smash-specific design (many characters have them) as long as it heavily draws from his Rare design. In fact, I feel like that is more likely than just using the Paon design because it is more "modern" or "recent'.

But I'm not fond of the ultra realism in that picture, however. Eliminating his googly eyes is also a bad choice. (part of why I don't like the Paon design so much, it makes his eyes/face more "realistic").
Okay, gonna have the unpopular opinion here but...

I don't care for the googly eyed look. Yes, that's incredibly Rareware and that's all fine and good, but I like his PAON face more. My mind can't picture a face like Rare Rool having a wide range of expressions. I'm in the boat where I'd like to see a hybrid between Rare and PAON, but it seems Sakurai will opt for Rare (with PAON gem) like most people would want which I'm cool with.

I also like that design because of its giant and easily noticeable tail. I hate a tail-less K. Rool, hence why I vote Rare design. I dislike K. Rool without a tail a lot more than the googly eyes.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
It's nothing conclusive at all, but it's interesting how the costume isn't even hinted at being taken from the ballot results. Not "play as fan favorite characters like King K. Rool, Chrom..." but "Retro costumes for sale," as though it was something added independently of fan votes to fit the retro theme.

Unless anyone's going to try to claim that Flying Men were ballot favorites, heh.

I'll take whatever design I can get, though it'd be a little bittersweet to see such a great recreation of his Rare design made for a costume and then brushed under the rug when designing his playable model.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Now, things just got a lot more interesting.....
They recognize that K. Rool and Flying Man can't pass for caricatures of their respective characters like Chrom and Lloyd with the proper face. They know the K. Rool outfit is just that, a suit that looks like K. Rool and not to be passed on as a substitute for a playable K. Rool. That's what were hoping for, even if others would call us Ridlusional (Ridley Delusional, get it!?) because of it.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999

I would be ticked.

Why should Reteo have a say on how to design a character they go out of their way to avoid using?

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I would be ticked.

Why should Reteo have a say on how to design a character they go out of their way to avoid using?
From what we know, it's more so the Japanese producers (to wit, Miyamoto and Takeda Tanabe) that dislike K. Rool.

Retro, if anything, are big fans.

EDIT: Fixed~

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
From what we know, it's more so the Japanese producers (to wit, Miyamoto and Takeda) that dislike K. Rool.

Retro, if anything, are big fans.
Fully agreed. However, isn't it Tanabe, not Takeda? I mean, Tanabe was responsible for that "no crocodiles" line in that one interview, right?

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
And Klump has nipples, but most of the other Kremlings do not, and many Kremlings don't have belly buttons either but interlocking plates on their belly like real crocs.

It's a strange world.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
You know outside of people demonizing us, which makes us like any living being want to react and defend ourselves, we are truly one of the nicest groups of comrades around. We need to remember that we are the new Megaman fanbase, and we'll get K.Rool ingame just like him both in smash and in DKC, not the Ridley one(No offense intended to Ridley fans themselves, you guys are great, just the fanbase as a unit has been demonized)

NK1046

Smash Apprentice
You know outside of people demonizing us, which makes us like any living being want to react and defend ourselves, we are truly one of the nicest groups of comrades around. We need to remember that we are the new Megaman fanbase, and we'll get K.Rool ingame just like him both in smash and in DKC, not the Ridley one(No offense intended to Ridley fans themselves, you guys are great, just the fanbase as a unit has been demonized)
As a former Ridley supporter (and still kind of is), I agree

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
How ironic you made this post now, right as an argument that "K. Rool fans are like militia members" is breaking out on our perennial favorite site, NeoGAF.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1021840&page=212

At least we're not militia members with horrible ugly designs that should stay dead, amirite? :troll:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
How ironic you made this post now, right as an argument that "K. Rool fans are like militia members" is breaking out on our perennial favorite site, NeoGAF.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1021840&page=212

At least we're not militia members with horrible ugly designs that should stay dead, amirite? :troll:
And this is why I long since stopped posting on NeoGAF, despite waiting half a year to get my account approved to post there. It's incredibly toxic there.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Here's a thought I had: If K. Rool makes into Sm4sh DLC, then comes out in DKCR3 with a new boss theme/mechanics, do you think 5mash could see K. Rool pulling a Pit and having altered moves to better fit his latest appearance? Would you guys like or dislike this?

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
In a scale of 1 to 10, how toxic NeoGAF would be?
I should take my own advice and say not everyone from NeoGAF is toxic, and has some pretty cool cats there. But it's hard to be a K. Rool fan there based on the sheer quantity of people who not only hate K. Rool but also hate his fans and compare them to militants. Apparently it's unacceptable to be passionate about a character and take active steps to campaign for them. Running an actual campaign instead of saying you have one but just existing without actively promoting or getting votes legitimately (it's not like we are really known for IP abusing polls or anything, we just have a very large fanbase compared to others, which scares people, and makes them lash out at us)

Tom the Scrublord

Smash Cadet
Here's a thought I had: If K. Rool makes into Sm4sh DLC, then comes out in DKCR3 with a new boss theme/mechanics, do you think 5mash could see K. Rool pulling a Pit and having altered moves to better fit his latest appearance? Would you guys like or dislike this?
Probably. I'd most likely like it. I mean, Pit's moveset change made me like him a bit more, honestly.

CelerinaTheJackrabbit

Smash Cadet
Clearly it, whatever the appearance might be, would be what people would then want his Down B to be. Seeing as we always seem to toss around Down B as a ton of different things. Barrels, Electropods, Butt-Bounce ( Seriously though, I see the Butt-Bounce ground pound to be a D-Air. )

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I think we'd all be happy he's just in the game.

And @Speedwagon I just assume it means, for us, that we are a "militarized" fanbase so to speak. As in we actively hunt down fan polls to dominate, flood Miiverse posts with pictures and campaign adds, run a twitter, dominate Smashboards in supporter list size, actually get people outside the game like family and friends to vote when they otherwise wouldn't have cared, and have a series of youtube videos promoting the character.

Doing basically what we all should be doing to promote our characters as long as we don't degrade and hate other characters, which some K. Rool fans are guilty of doing, making us all out to be these big mean bullies that kick around lesser characters so we get serious hate for it, and often we are seen as "Ridley 2.0" and people are lining up to lick up tears and salt when DLC is done and K. Rool isn't in. The joke is on them however, as our campaign is multipurpose. To get K. Rool back into DKC, and we know Retro is backing us up on this and Playtonic still remembers.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I think we'd all be happy he's just in the game.

And @Speedwagon I just assume it means, for us, that we are a "militarized" fanbase so to speak. As in we actively hunt down fan polls to dominate, flood Miiverse posts with pictures and campaign adds, run a twitter, dominate Smashboards in supporter list size, actually get people outside the game like family and friends to vote when they otherwise wouldn't have cared, and have a series of youtube videos promoting the character.

Doing basically what we all should be doing to promote our characters as long as we don't degrade and hate other characters, which some K. Rool fans are guilty of doing, making us all out to be these big mean bullies that kick around lesser characters so we get serious hate for it, and often we are seen as "Ridley 2.0" and people are lining up to lick up tears and salt when DLC is done and K. Rool isn't in. The joke is on them however, as our campaign is multipurpose. To get K. Rool back into DKC, and we know Retro is backing us up on this and Playtonic still remembers.
It's also used for its negative connotations as a dehumanising measure, to try to justify tarring and feathering all K. Rool fans with the same brush.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Probably. I'd most likely like it. I mean, Pit's moveset change made me like him a bit more, honestly.
You and me both, brother~ :4pit:

Im sorry to ask, but what is a militant?
A militant is somebody who follows an ideology with fanatical zeal and refuses to yield in their dedication to that ideal.

In other words, naysayers maintain that K. Rool supporters are just dogmatic zealots that don't care about anything but their favourite character.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
K. Rool is almost like the John Cena of the Smash community. A lot of people love the character and want to see him in Smash while others hate his guts and don't want to see him in Smash.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
D

Deleted member

K. Rool is almost like the John Cena of the Smash community. A lot of people love the character and want to see him in Smash while others hate his guts and don't want to see him in Smash.
AND HIS NAME IS KING K.ENA
Now i want to see a wrestling persona of K.Rool.

D

Deleted member

I actually came up with a kostume idea in that vein before!

El Kokodrilo, a masked wrestler famed for his infamous Kayman Krusha Suplex~
El Kokodrilo vs EL Hawlucha.

THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN. AHORA MISMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Am I the only one who thinks Hawlucha could have starred in his own game entirely separate from the Pokemon series? His design makes me think of him as some endearing indie character, luchador birdman.

Although I think he's odd by Pokemon standards, I like his design regardless.

Top Bottom