• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It was confirmation of a Shovel Knight amiibo, compatible with "future content on Nintendo platforms released by Yacht Club Games".

Yacht Club really, really, really, really love Nintendo platforms.
I see. I doubt it is going to be for Smash, though.

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
Listening to metal remixes of Touhou soundtracks has made me realise just how much of a positive impact it'd be for K. Rool's character if he came with his own unique victory theme.

I think the obvious choice is the first few bars of the refrain from Gangplank Galleon, but the other comments I've seen make mention of a metal remix of the DK character theme, or even a few bars from the drop in Crocodile Cacophany. Either way, a unique victory theme would do wonders for K. Rool's individuality as a character, to demonstrate that he's more than "just a DK rep" or "a dull reptile boss".
I always thought that the riff at 0:33 would make a great victory theme for King K. Rool/

Goodstyle

Smash Apprentice
What's a king without his knight? I stand behind both fighters!
That's real optimistic and all and I respect that you like his character, but a lot of us K. Rool fans feel like we're running out of chances to get in and Shovel Knight may have just taken one. Posts like this really just makes me feel worse tbh.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I always thought that the riff at 0:33 would make a great victory theme for King K. Rool
Funny how it actually just about fits the size for a victory theme, ne? ;3

Yeah, that would work very well. I would cry my wee kitty eyes out if K. Rool's home stage had Crocodile Cacophony as a track.

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
That's real optimistic and all and I respect that you like his character, but a lot of us K. Rool fans feel like we're running out of chances to get in and Shovel Knight may have just taken one. Posts like this really just makes me feel worse tbh.
Posts like yours make me feel worse. Two can play this game!

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
PAX is tonight isn't it? 8pm PST? Which is 11pm EST, just slightly before I get off work.

I'm going to be coming home right as the fallout hits.

This is going to be a looooooong night....

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Okay so we've all done it before but I'mma do it again anyway but here's a question for y'all~

If K. Rool came with a home stage, what music tracks would be playable on it?

Personally, I'd opt for the following:

- Gangplank Galleon (new remix, distinct from the track that plays on Kongo Jungle 64)
- Crocodile Cacophony
- Big Boss Blues
- King K. Rool Battle (DK64)
- Snakey Chantey
- Tiki Tong Battle
- Lord Fredrik Battle

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok looking at the amiibo

First of all it saids it not finalize so this is not 100% complete yet

Second of all you don't even know what its compatible for yet.

Third yes i am aware a second third party amiibo is not likely but reminder that one could be compatiable for smash (but it depends if its not the rumor is busted.) (because i really doubt they would double a third party.)

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Okay so we've all done it before but I'mma do it again anyway but here's a question for y'all~

- Gangplank Galleon (new remix, distinct from the track that plays on Kongo Jungle 64)
- Crocodile Cacophony
- Big Boss Blues
- Snakey Chantey
- Tiki Tong Battle
- Lord Fredrik Battle
This or bust.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
This or bust.
Oh yes, gotta remember the nightmares for the wee kiddies~ ;3

Incidentally, can you cross out the "but I'mma do it anyway" in your quoted message? I forgot to edit it when you quoted it and it looks weird. Thankies~

So I had a brainwave last night. I know this has been brought up before, but again I'mma do it anyway I'mma ask y'all, how'd y'all if K. Rool returned to the DK series with Kaptain K. Rool as his main kostume? It would, if nothing else, ensure he evades the stereotype of "just another fat reptilian king". The Kremlings are pretty much pirates anyway, ne?

Last edited:

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman

- Crocodile Cacophony
- Big Boss Blues
- Snakey Chantey
- Tiki Tong Battle
- Lord Fredrik Battle
- Crocodile Cacophony (New Remix)
- Relocate old Gangplank Galleon remix
- Boss Bossonova (Original SNES)
- Snakey Chanty (Original SNES)
- Lakeside Limbo (Original SNES)

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
It's over imo. Writing has been on the wall since the costume dropped. If all his popularity amounted to was that insult and the ballot winners have already been decided, we have no chance. We did everything we could, but it's apparent that for whatever reason, the team doesn't want to add K. Rool. Even if SK doesn't get in (which he will), we're not getting Rool. We got that stupid Mii costume instead and are expected to love it. Apologies for how melodramatic this posts sounds, but I'm out. I'm tired of disappointment with this game and Nintendo in general. Thanks for all the fun times. See you all in eight years where we'll all be **** on again.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
It's more pathetic, when people are actually believing him. The same guy who said, "King K. Rool and Snake has no chance in Smash." He's just a troll.
Yep

But reminder the rumor is not entirely dead yet.

Reminder we don't even know what games it works for.
(Smash amiibos work for more than 1 game. This could be the same scenario.)

(But the big problem is sakurai promised a amiibo for each character and its hard to believe theres they'res going to be a double for a 3rd party.)

So as soon as we see what games the knight is compatiable for and smash is not one of the rumor becomes fake.

But im still not buying it im only hype because of the amiibo.

NK1046

Smash Apprentice
It's over imo. Writing has been on the wall since the costume dropped. If all his popularity amounted to was that insult and the ballot winners have already been decided, we have no chance. We did everything we could, but it's apparent that for whatever reason, the team doesn't want to add K. Rool. Even if SK doesn't get in (which he will), we're not getting Rool. We got that stupid Mii costume instead and are expected to love it. Apologies for how melodramatic this posts sounds, but I'm out. I'm tired of disappointment with this game and Nintendo in general. Thanks for all the fun times. See you all in eight years where we'll all be **** on again.
Then just leave, you made this post saying the same depressing **** like 3 times.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Do you have nothing better to do?

I absolutely despise this attitude, if I am to be honest. Just because you are ready to give up at the slightest signs of things going wrong doesn't mean everyone else has to.

Last edited:
What made you think his costume equals King K. Rool not being in the game? Sure, things don't look well for the King, but that doesn't mean we sure just give up. This is King K. Rool's time to shine. Daily reminder to KroctheVote.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Do you have nothing better to do?

I absolutely despise this attitude, if I am to be honest. Just because you are ready to give up at the slightest signs of things going wrong doesn't mean everyone else has to.
I agree. He's been pissing me off for a long time. At least recently he said he respected my opinion, but still...

Anyway, a Shovel Knight STANDALONE Amiibo was confirmed? I F***ING KNEW IT.

oinkers12

Smash Apprentice
I don't understand how the Mii costume is any more damaging than having an amiibo (a NON-Smash Bros one to be exact). Like, seriously, every other Smash DLC character (other than Mewtwo) hasn't even had PROMO art released. How is that, if this is real, then this not only secures Shovel Knight's place BUT ALSO deconfirms K. Rool? That makes no logical sense.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I think we should wait before we conclude what this means about K. Rool. I understand if previous disappointment affects your reaction at the moment, but K. Rool's connection to Shovel Knight is basically nonexistent. If the leaker had actual information on King K. Rool's "deconfirmation" (rather than his own personal opinion), you can bet that he would have included it in his Shovel Knight piece or in a separate piece discussing "disconfirmed" characters.

As for Shovel Knight, the Smash Bros style logo on his box is odd and makes me believe more in his inclusion. But this "positive" sign for his inclusion also has to be weighed against powerful "negative" arguments that suggest his inclusion is unlikely: including his recency, his relative obscurity (700K sales across all platforms), and his non-presence in japan.

I do not like the idea of Shovel Knight joining Smash Brothers, but even if he did, it might not be a bad sign for K. Rool. It would suggest that our community's polls (where Shovel Knight and K. Rool have both polled high) are potentially more accurate than believed. It also might harpoon some of the criticisms of these polls as wildly inaccurate -- it just isn't reasonable to believe that a new character from a 700K selling game is pulling in the supposedly influential casual vote.

As for the Mii costume, it is not "writing on the wall" yet. Nobody has plausibly established a connection between the ballot and the mii fighter outfits beyond vague, hand-wavey assertions that attempt to draw similarities between the demand for Heihachi, Lloyd, Chrom, and K. Rool. The reality is that the first three characters are a non-presence for the Smash Bros ballot. If anything, Heihachi and Chrom suggest the importance of the pre-ballot phase -- they were both considered for the vanilla Smash Bros roster. Lloyd is murkier, but I feel that his presence as a costume has more to do with Namco's role in development than anything else.

Things are not over yet. Even if you disagree, we have a larger role of bringing K. Rool back to DK games proper. As disappointing as the Mii costume might be for Smash Brothers, it is still a good sign for the future. It is important to continue supporting K. Rool if we care about the character returning.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord

Alright, i'm not going to act like this is the end of K. Rool, and even so this Amiibo looks freaking awesome.

But there is something I question now, doesn't this mean that Shovel Knight could possibly have two Amiibos now?

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
What is worse of the issue is that if we don't get anything this PAX. It means back to waiting until October 3rd. And we are crumbling over here.
But yeah, Tamaki is a shmuck. Best case scenario for him is a Mii costume of SK that is unlocked with the amiibo so he can claim "I told you guys, Shovel Knight DLC. Never said of what kind (even though I did)".

On a different more on topic note. Since K. Rool is a character not originated in Japan. I daydreamed that his reveal trailer for Japan could look like this:

Alright, i'm not going to act like this is the end of K. Rool, and even so this Amiibo looks freaking awesome.

But there is something I question now, doesn't this mean that Shovel Knight could possibly have two Amiibos now?
It doesn't mean the end of K. Rool indeed. If Shovel Knight gets in Smash, then yeah, he could end having 2 amiibos. But right now it points that Shovel Knight wont be in Smash, only he will have an amiibo for his own game.

Last edited:

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
I think we should wait a bit before we conclude what this means about K. Rool. I understand if previous disappointment affects your reaction at the moment, but K. Rool's connection to Shovel Knight is basically nonexistent. If the leaker had actual information on King K. Rool's "deconfirmation" (rather than his own personal opinion), you can bet that he would have included it in his Shovel Knight piece or in a separate piece discussing "disconfirmed" characters.

As for Shovel Knight, the Smash Bros logo on his box is odd and makes me believe more in his inclusion. But this "positive" sign for his inclusion also has to be weighed against powerful "negative" arguments that suggest his inclusion is unlikely: including his recency, his relative obscurity (700K sales across all platforms), and his non-presence in japan.

As for the Mii costume, it is not "writing on the wall" yet. Nobody has plausibly established a connection between the ballot and the mii fighter outfits beyond vague, hand-wavey assertions that attempt to draw similarities between the demand for Heihachi, Lloyd, Chrom, and K. Rool. The reality is that the first three characters are a non-presence for the Smash Bros ballot. If anything, Heihachi and Chrom suggest the importance of the pre-ballot phase -- they were both considered for the vanilla Smash Bros roster. Lloyd is murkier, but I feel that his presence as a costume has more to do with Namco's role in development than anything else.

Things are not over yet. Even if you disagree, we have a larger role of bringing K. Rool back to DK games proper. As disappointing as the Mii costume might be for Smash Brothers, it is still a good sign for the future. It is important to continue supporting K. Rool if we care about the character returning in the future.
Am I the only one who agrees with this? I don't know why some people jump to conclusions all because of rumors.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Farewell. I hope that you fate can surprise us and will make you come back with a huge smile.

Am I the only one who agrees with this? I don't know why some people jump to conclusions all because of rumors.
I'm with you there. 100% in agreements with you.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think we should wait before we conclude what this means about K. Rool. I understand if previous disappointment affects your reaction at the moment, but K. Rool's connection to Shovel Knight is basically nonexistent. If the leaker had actual information on King K. Rool's "deconfirmation" (rather than his own personal opinion), you can bet that he would have included it in his Shovel Knight piece or in a separate piece discussing "disconfirmed" characters.

As for Shovel Knight, the Smash Bros logo on his box is odd and makes me believe more in his inclusion. But this "positive" sign for his inclusion also has to be weighed against powerful "negative" arguments that suggest his inclusion is unlikely: including his recency, his relative obscurity (700K sales across all platforms), and his non-presence in japan.

I do not like the idea of Shovel Knight joining Smash Brothers, but even if he did, it might not be a bad sign for K. Rool. It would suggest that our community's polls (where Shovel Knight and K. Rool have both polled high) are potentially more accurate than believed. It also might harpoon some of the criticisms of these polls as wildly inaccurate -- it just isn't reasonable to believe that a new character from a 700K selling game is pulling in the supposedly influential casual vote.

Things are not over yet. Even if you disagree, we have a larger role of bringing K. Rool back to DK games proper. As disappointing as the Mii costume might be for Smash Brothers, it is still a good sign for the future. It is important to continue supporting K. Rool if we care about the character returning.
What Smash logo on his box?

Under the slim chance that he's actually making it into Smash, but why are people acting like there's still a Smash Amiibo coming? This is a STANDALONE Shovel Knight Amiibo. It will be compatible with some Nintendo games. That does NOT mean he's getting into Smash, just like the Inkling Amiibo meant THEY were getting into Smash, amiright?

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord

Now this is appearing, though its probably fake because you can never trust an image leak anymore after Omni took over with VIDEO!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Now this is appearing, though its probably fake because you can never trust an image leak anymore after Omni took over with VIDEO!
Doesn't that look like a Mii Fighter? Either way, that's too low of a quality character model to be real.

Oops. Meant to say Smash Bros style logo. it is behind his character art, grey overlay on the purple.
I don't see how that really means anything. Its just a design influence on the box.

Last edited:

Tom the Scrublord

Smash Cadet
I may be a bit late to this discussiin, but as soon as I heard Shovel knight amiibo, I was legit curious.

I'm gonna say, SK's amiibo looks top notch.

Morbi

Scavenger
I agree. He's been pissing me off for a long time. At least recently he said he respected my opinion, but still...

Anyway, a Shovel Knight STANDALONE Amiibo was confirmed? I F***ING KNEW IT.
Damn it. I watched the GameXplain video on Shovel Knight last night before bed to learn more about the rumor and ALL they were talking about was the Amiibo. The rumor was literally ONLY in regard to his chances as an Amiibo, but of course, as Smash fans, we just naturally assumed that that meant he would playable in this game. I wanted to share my thoughts before the reveal. But whatever, you snooze you lose.

I am salty.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Well, glad to see something that potentially lays this whole shindig to rest (the amiibo, which, kudos to @ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman for predicting). It doesn't take us out of the forest just yet, but I for one will not be believing until I see concrete proof.

I haven't forgotten last year (almost to the day), when mods were talking up "credible sources" who were claiming things like "they definitely for sure have not unlocked everyone on this 3DS roster CSS" and that "my guy in Japan is saying that Ridley, Dixie, Mewtwo and the Chorus Kids are still coming." We as K. Rool fans should remember more than most, considering we bore the brunt of this "bow down to your shoo-in overlords" narrative.

Anyhow, check this out...seems we've struck a nerve by being a Miiverse contest winner.

Let's try and put even more K. Rool promotional fanart up this last month to see if we can't enrage users like that even further (and actually promote a character "no one knows" on Miiverse in the process of course).

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Don't talk about Shovel Knight's amiibo or the leak here, especially if you have nothing to talk about K. Rool.

You have been warned once.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Well, glad to see something that potentially lays this whole shindig to rest (the amiibo, which, kudos to @ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman for predicting). It doesn't take us out of the forest just yet, but I for one will not be believing until I see concrete proof.

I haven't forgotten last year (almost to the day), when mods were talking up "credible sources" who were claiming things like "they definitely for sure have not unlocked everyone on this 3DS roster CSS" and that "my guy in Japan is saying that Ridley, Dixie, Mewtwo and the Chorus Kids are still coming." We as K. Rool fans should remember more than most, considering we bore the brunt of this "bow down to your shoo-in overlords" narrative.

Anyhow, check this out...seems we've struck a nerve by being a Miiverse contest winner.

Let's try and put even more K. Rool promotional fanart up this last month to see if we can't enrage users like that even further (and actually promote a character "no one knows" on Miiverse in the process of course).
Which King K. Rool custom was added to the game? I was not aware of DLC custom moves. Does Donkey Kong use the blunderbuss or something?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
This will sound like a dumb question, but here goes:

How necessary is it for King K. Rool to have his cape as an outfit option?

Tom the Scrublord

Smash Cadet

My oh my, this Shadz guy seems really salty.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

You Kan't be the King without the Kape.

He is first and foremost, King K. Rool, not Kaptain K. Rool or Baron K. Roolenstein.
(I like his Kaptain persona better, but his King appearance should have priority, imo.)

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529

''Thats Nintendo telling us that the owners of King K. Rool don't want him as an actual fighter''
So Nintendo doesn't want to promote their own games?! I'm sorry, people are allowed to have their own opinions, but when people actively go against a character with little reason, it makes me want to see more K. Rool support. So these people can try to find a new excuse about how K. Rool is ''unknown'', how he is still owned by Rare, or other silly excuses :p

Well, if he doesn't have it, I think he would look very weird/generic (He'd practically look naked without it... unless he is wearing a Kaptain, Baron, or Boxing outfit)

Top Bottom