• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
Some Admins here, Sourcegaming and now gameXplain are onboard saying the amiibo is just an early mockup and is indeed for Smash, and that SK is on the way as DLC.

People are upset because if theres only one ballot winner, then K Rool isn't getting in.
Ooohhh... thanks for responding btw!

Okay opinion time!

The first thing is we need to remember like some have said already, an amiibo means nothing. If so, we would already have toad, inkling, and every previous amiibo not in smash. I see why people think this as he was a popular choice in the ballot... for the first month or two in.

Also, there is most likely not one ballot winner. People are only saying this because they think Wolf is an absolute shoo in. Who knows, if SK was confirmed as a ballot winner, think of all the other curveballs that might be thrown.

I don't think this confirms him but if he makes it in, then good job to his fans. Again, like many have said before, we can't hate on SK or his fans for this. They are completely innocent here.

We should still support K. Rool as much as possible. If he doesn't win, it will be a sad loss for us, but at least we gave a good fight. Honestly, I can't wait for this amiibo! It looks awesome!

Also this is unrelated but if you are a shantae supporter or have heard what I have said about her please continue then. I have been thinking about it and it was wrong of me to hate on shantae for smash so much. Sorry for those that I possibly hurt their feelings. In my previous opinions, I still said I enjoyed her games and the character. You can support any character you want, I should of realized that before. If you support her, continue to do it! Continue to push for your favorite character even if people say it is impossible or dumb! OK mabye not spamming fan polls, besides that: support your character and never give up! Geez this is starting to sound a bit cheesy.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
He knew about Shovel Knight though.
He learned about the Shovel Knight Amiibo through various retailers. That doesn't mean he has a contact in Nintendo or any other company. (He also jumped the gun and said it was SK in Smash, when this SK Amiibo is clearly SK branded.)

And DROP THIS SUBJECT.

Okay opinion time!

The first thing is we need to remember like some have said already, an amiibo means nothing. If so, we would already have toad, inkling, and every previous amiibo not in smash. I see why people think this as he was a popular choice in the ballot... for the first month or two in.

Also, there is most likely not one ballot winner. People are only saying this because they think Wolf is an absolute shoo in. Who knows, if SK was confirmed as a ballot winner, think of all the other curveballs that might be thrown.

I don't think this confirms him but if he makes it in, then good job to his fans. Again, like many have said before, we can't hate on SK or his fans for this. They are completely innocent here.

We should still support K. Rool as much as possible. If he doesn't win, it will be a sad loss for us, but at least we gave a good fight. Honestly, I can't wait for this amiibo! It looks awesome!

Also this is unrelated but if you are a shantae supporter or have heard what I have said about her please continue then. I have been thinking about it and it was wrong of me to hate on shantae for smash so much. Sorry for those that I possibly hurt their feelings. In my previous opinions, I still said I enjoyed her games and the character. You can support any character you want, I should of realized that before. If you support her, continue to do it! Continue to push for your favorite character even if people say it is impossible or dumb! OK mabye not spamming fan polls, besides that: support your character and never give up! Geez this is starting to sound a bit cheesy.
Thank you. Even SK getting adding does mean they're at least looking at ballot results, because he was a pretty big character in the ballot. King K. Rool was also pretty massive, and has NOTHING blocking him from getting in the game.

We can't stop supporting K. Rool for Smash!

Bananija

Count of Trickery

Okay opinion time!

What magnificient spech full of wisdow, open-mindness and positivity. This is an attitude that everyone should have.:)

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I just voted for K. Rool on my work computer. Meaning people can still vote. Meaning the ballot isn't over. Meaning everyone calm down Jesus Christ.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Well, to give us something to talk about that's not related to that one guy from that one (literally) game, how about we talk specifics?

As in, specifics as to how each of us will be helping to #KrocTheVote this last month. Many of us including myself have said we need to do something...so let's talk about what we're intending that personal something to be.

Personally, I will be reaching out to my last few untapped gaming friends and getting them to send in ballots. I've really only solicited votes from people in person, so I'll be reaching out to friends online who I haven't spoken to in ages, seeing if they'll help out. I'll also talk to the new people I'm meeting each day in my new apartment (second floor is packed with Smash-playing frat guys).

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I want to be full of wisdow, open-mindness and positivity too...
But I think I can't now... I'm destroyed.I don't know why.
When the Mii Costume came, I was looking in the bright-side of life.
Even in the darkest days.
Now I think hope is fighting to be lost. Please, don't let me go to the side of the weak surrenders.

Why he just don't treat DK as the franchise DK is ?
In the launch of DKC Tropical Freeze.... LITTLE MAC WAS SHOWED.
That was the opening blow.
I don't care if is about "please, vote only once" , I will vote again... for my pain.

Last edited:

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
I don't know what to do honestly. Aside from voting again, I can doodle some support posts on Miiverse, but idk what else I could do. I already convinced my friends to vote.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Well, to give us something to talk about that's not related to that one guy from that one (literally) game, how about we talk specifics?

As in, specifics as to how each of us will be helping to #KrocTheVote this last month. Many of us including myself have said we need to do something...so let's talk about what we're intending that personal something to be.

Personally, I will be reaching out to my last few untapped gaming friends and getting them to send in ballots. I've really only solicited votes from people in person, so I'll be reaching out to friends online who I haven't spoken to in ages, seeing if they'll help out. I'll also talk to the new people I'm meeting each day in my new apartment (second floor is packed with Smash-playing frat guys).
Honestly, I think we have done all we can. They clearly have noticed all the support we have had (Mii costume, trademarked, photo contest). You have to think they have already made a decision at this point. (Such as started working on him, decided to save him for Smash 5, or they have thought of some BS Ridley reason.)

Hopefully they made the right decision !

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman

Well.. I had an idea but I don't know how others would think of it, but since it is the right time here is my idea.

What about in october, to show our love and support to the king and series, we have kroc-tober, unless this is already a thing.

Sure the ballot will be over but even so if we try hard enough and show more support than ever before, we could change a mind or two at the dev team.

Besides that, I'll most likey try to get a few more people I know to give a vote or two and some posts on miiverse. If sakurai only gives us a mii costume, then he missed out on a chance to make some good money and respect from DK fans.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
As fans of K. Rool, we hold him in a position of importance than what he really is. He's just data in a chip created to entertain for profit. And that's it. Nothing more and nothing less. Should he be in Smash? Personally I think so. And that's the thing. We PERSONALLY believe he should be there. The cold hard truth is no one gives a **** what any one of us personally believe. Nintendo will do whatever they want to do, and if they opt not to add K. Rool then it's just tough ******* for us. Flying off the handle and having knee-jerk reactions to potentially bad news isn't going to change anything. The process will continue whether or not any of us like it. So let's try to have some sort of dignity. If you really want K. Rool in Smash then do something constructive. If you can't do something constructive then do nothing. Whining on here just makes us look bad.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
I still plan to continue supporting the way I do. Doing some farty fanarts. Though I downgraded the comic ideas I had for September 3rd (1 month before ballots end), I still plan to do at least some cool K. Rool pose.
As for convincing people, I don't like to force people that much. But I did convince one person in my Smash community who is a fellow Dedede main. So, yay for small victories.
My brother is a lazyhead but he will vote for K. Rool in the last day if necessary. My other brother has been supporting from the start and keeps the fight in the Miiverse https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkZL87RsQ (he roams the DK Vine instead).

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
As fans of K. Rool, we hold him in a position of importance than what he really is. He's just data in a chip created to entertain for profit. And that's it. Nothing more and nothing less. Should he be in Smash? Personally I think so. And that's the thing. We PERSONALLY believe he should be there. The cold hard truth is no one gives a **** what any one of us personally believe. Nintendo will do whatever they want to do, and if they opt not to add K. Rool then it's just tough ******* for us. Flying off the handle and having knee-jerk reactions to potentially bad news isn't going to change anything. The process will continue whether or not any of us like it. So let's try to have some sort of dignity. If you really want K. Rool in Smash then do something constructive. If you can't do something constructive then do nothing. Whining on here just makes us look bad.
I mean they care if we all whine and complain because they realize they could make money.

You guys Sometimes forget that Nintendo is a business that needs to make money. (Even though I think Sakurai often doesn't care about money himself and just does whatever the hell he feels like)

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
It'll be alright, guys; King K Rool still has a VERY reasonable shot to be a Fighter. Don't let the recent stuff about the Shovel Knight Amiibo get you all down (might as well mention this, but the tweet from Game Brighton regarding the amiibo was deleted, so I wouldn't be worried anymore), or even the Mii Costume of King K Rool that came out almost a month ago (Remember, the assets of that costume may of been taken from an existing K Rool model of his rare design to keep us occupied for a few months, which may as well be foreshadowing his reveal). Until Sakurai deconfirms him as a fighter, we aren't going to stop supporting the King of the Kremlings until the very end. This thread has been one of the most active and supportive ever of a character that I have ever seen. We shouldn't give up now at this point; besides, him being apart of a winning photo in the unity contest just shows that Sakurai cares about the Kremling King and that he has significance to Sakurai. :)

Last edited:

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
I still plan to continue supporting the way I do. Doing some farty fanarts. Though I downgraded the comic ideas I had for September 3rd (1 month before ballots end), I still plan to do at least some cool K. Rool pose.
As for convincing people, I don't like to force people that much. But I did convince one person in my Smash community who is a fellow Dedede main. So, yay for small victories.
My brother is a lazyhead but he will vote for K. Rool in the last day if necessary. My other brother has been supporting from the start and keeps the fight in the Miiverse https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkZL87RsQ (he roams the DK Vine instead).
I absolutely love that post, I'll have to like it next time im on.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Great art. Flint's a great poster on DK Vine too from what I've seen.

I don't know what to do honestly. Aside from voting again, I can doodle some support posts on Miiverse, but idk what else I could do. I already convinced my friends to vote.
We're probably past the time where votes can be influenced, but there's still a month to voice support to affect future DK games, Smash 5, spinoffs, or even just to send a message. Plus, you can be sure the other fanbases won't be slowing down, so why should we?

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
I think the Miiverse photo contest was really good exposure for K. Rool! I am so glad a picture that featured him won. There are even multiple comments in the result thread talking about him! I am glad this has created buzz for him!

Thank you everyone who entered a photo in the contest, yeah'd or commented on a photo. It was a great thing for us.

I will try to think of more photos to make to support K. Rool. If you want to make photos to support our glorious King, please share them on Miiverse or tweet them to the Kampaign!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It'll be alright, guys; King K Rool still has a VERY reasonable shot to be a Fighter. Don't let the recent stuff about the Shovel Knight Amiibo get you all down (might as well mention this, but the tweet from Game Brighton regarding the amiibo was deleted, so I wouldn't be worried anymore), or even the Mii Costume of King K Rool that came out almost a month ago (Remember, the assets of that costume may of been taken from an existing K Rool model of his rare design to keep us occupied for a few months, which may as well be foreshadowing his reveal). Until Sakurai deconfirms him as a fighter, we aren't going to stop supporting the King of the Kremlings until the very end. This thread has been one of the most active and supportive ever of a character that I have ever seen. We shouldn't give up now at this point; besides, him being apart of a winning photo in the unity contest just shows that Sakurai cares about the Kremling King and that he has significance to Sakurai. :)
Yes, not to mention, Shovel Knight is just one character. Despite that there were two blank placeholder slots from the game's data, Sakurai did say he wanted to try and include as many characters as he could, which likely means more than two. So, whether or not Shovel Knight gets in he is just one character. We still have a chance to triumph!

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
Despite the leak and all nya, I still have very much confidence that he'll be in smash as a playable character nya! Never give up hope nya! All hail the king nya! Burn anything that gets in the way nya!

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
This amiibo is interesting news. For a third-party character "who needs to maintain his momentum to shine as a series", this is a much better handling of things than being playable in Smash.

Though I hope we won't hear too much of "Shovel Knight has an amiibo that means Nintendo really really cares about him and that he's Smash material!!". If anything it proves that Nintendo is willing to cooperate with other companies to make amiibos of third-party characters (outside of Smash characters), and I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes more than an isolate case in the future. For example, Yooka-Laylee developers said they were interested in amiibo functionality in the Wii U version; I originally assumed it only meant compatibility with already existing amiibos made by Nintendo, but I'd actually expect Yooka-Laylee themed amiibos at this point.

Speaking of this, if Yooka-Laylee is indeed compatible with amiibo, I'd love to see functionality with amiibos of characters Rare already worked on several years ago - obviously Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong, and more according to the Smash DLC newcomers we will get, such as, you know, a certain crocodile king :smirk: or maybe even more if we get a DKC themed amiibo line. Though I suppose it would be mostly special cameos with no major influence on the overall gameplay, besides maybe giving you a collectible for free.

Besides, this amiibo solves the problem of whoever is number 40 in Super Mario Maker - 34-36 are Kid Icarus characters, 41-44 are Fire Emblem characters, 37 is Mega Man, and I assume 38-40 are other third-party characters, and there's most likely not Ryu considering his amiibo will not be released before 2016 anyway (especially if we consider that there's no room for Roy), so if we get Pac-Man and Sonic then Shovel Knight probably fills the last third-party slot which I think would be in the base game considering the amiibo releases before 2016.
Maybe Scanning K. Rool could unlock a bonus boss fight with the King. I can't really imagine K. Rool willingly giving a special item to two random characters he's never met before.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
Shirt design.png
So currently I'm designing a new K. Rool shirt. It's a parody of the Re-animator film poster (one of my favorite horror films) using Baron and Diddy's head. Here's my first draft I just cooked up. Suggestions welcomed.

View attachment 70501

Last edited:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Oh yes, gotta remember the nightmares for the wee kiddies~ ;3

Incidentally, can you cross out the "but I'mma do it anyway" in your quoted message? I forgot to edit it when you quoted it and it looks weird. Thankies~

So I had a brainwave last night. I know this has been brought up before, but again I'mma do it anyway I'mma ask y'all, how'd y'all if K. Rool returned to the DK series with Kaptain K. Rool as his main kostume? It would, if nothing else, ensure he evades the stereotype of "just another fat reptilian king". The Kremlings are pretty much pirates anyway, ne?
This would be amazing

Now this is appearing, though its probably fake because you can never trust an image leak anymore after Omni took over with VIDEO!
these models are very poor. not up to average smash bros quality at all.. obvious fake
I'm not upset because this doesn't condemn King K Rool at all. However if he is in smash, another Sakurai statement goes down the toilet. "Paraphrased" (Well known characters belong in smash) Adds a dude that has one game, has no ties to any existing properties, and has only existed for a year.
THIS. honestly if shovel knight gets in i've lost the last bits of hope for sane roster decisions i've clung to so far.(not just king k.rool but just in general)

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Honestly I am not sure what to do regarding Rool. I have done the movesets to death and beyond, and don't have the artistic ability to do something other. I've voted on all devices and spammed the message plenty. I am finding myself using this thread less and less though I think part of that is that everyone has become somewhat more reactive with the recent drought of news; October hasn't come quickly enough.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Honestly I am not sure what to do regarding Rool. I have done the movesets to death and beyond, and don't have the artistic ability to do something other. I've voted on all devices and spammed the message plenty. I am finding myself using this thread less and less though I think part of that is that everyone has become somewhat more reactive with the recent drought of news; October hasn't come quickly enough.
yeah, i think it's mostly due to the fact that we've essentially done all we could so.. all we can do at this point is anxiously wait

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
So currently I'm designing a new K. Rool shirt. It's a parody of the Re-animator film poster (one of my favorite horror films) using Baron and Diddy's head. Here's my first draft I just cooked up. Suggestions welcomed.

View attachment 70501
I have a black shirt that needs a printing design. I wanted something K. Rool related so if I can't come up with anything myself I would love to see your finished work plastered on my belly.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
I have a black shirt that needs a printing design. I wanted something K. Rool related so if I can't come up with anything myself I would love to see your finished work plastered on my belly.
Lol thanks! This is one I would really love to get finished within the next month (I want the details to be perfect).

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Would K Rool be the biggest Smash amiibo in terms of girth or height?
I don't think any Amiibo is going to beat Dedede's one as far as pudginess goes. :laugh: I reckon K. Rool's could beat it in height, though, by a little bit.

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
They're STILL advertising it? Suspicious, if you ask me.
It certainly is odd. But it could mean anything as of now. It could mean
-Since this is so far the only DLC that wasn't advertised that heavily with no Direct/Video promoting the new content, this set of DLC hasn't sold as well as others, and Nintendo wants to make more money off of it
-Nintendo thinks the kostume counts as a proper playable K. Rool, and Nintendo is treating this as a big deal
-Nintendo is showing K. Rool off a lot, to possibly get casual players familiar with him before they drop him as a real playable character
Or anything else. But I think Nintendo treating the K. Rool kostume as a big deal / the highlight of the Mii outfits is a good sign (Of course, it could also mean that Nintendo is trying to say ''Heres your K. Rool, now shut up''... But, I prefer to be optimistic :) )

Top Bottom