• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
It certainly is odd. But it could mean anything as of now. It could mean
-Since this is so far the only DLC that wasn't advertised that heavily with no Direct/Video promoting the new content, this set of DLC hasn't sold as well as others, and Nintendo wants to make more money off of it
-Nintendo thinks the kostume counts as a proper playable K. Rool, and Nintendo is treating this as a big deal
-Nintendo is showing K. Rool off a lot, to possibly get casual players familiar with him before they drop him as a real playable character
Or anything else. But I think Nintendo treating the K. Rool kostume as a big deal / the highlight of the Mii outfits is a good sign (Of course, it could also mean that Nintendo is trying to say ''Heres your K. Rool, now shut up''... But, I prefer to be optimistic :) )
They're also still advertising the Ryu pack. They have promoted tweets on Twitter.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I was going to post a picture of my tamed Sarcosuchus (massive prehistoric crocodile) from ARK that I named K. Rool and say "at least I can play as him somewhere"... but I logged in and he was gone. *heart breaks*

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Apparently, Maintenance is scheduled to be occuring on Monday, August 31st, at about 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM Pacific Time on the Wii U version of Smash Bros (also occuring for 3ds version as well from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM Pacific Time). This may as well be foreshadowing something.

Here's an image of the Info:

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Apparently, Maintenance is scheduled to be occuring on Monday, August 31st, at about 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM Pacific Time on the Wii U version of Smash Bros (also occuring for 3ds version as well from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM Pacific Time). This may as well be foreshadowing something.

I hope it's for something good.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529

Interesting. Maybe Nintendo actually will reveal something this weekend at PAX, whatever they may announce will be playable at PAX, and then release it Monday evening? (Just speculation though)

Last edited:

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
you know what would really be upsetting for all of us? If we only got shantae and shovel knight for DLC. No nintendo parties. Not even a third party character that makes sense.. just saying if that happened, this is my last smash game ever. I will hire someone and make my own version of smash

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
You know, I just thought of something. What "IF" the ballot itself actually closes October 5(or whenever the deadline for it is) but is actually open for all DLC to be released now and within the coming months based on the votes? even then we could still get more characters after it closes. Heck if K. Rool gets in early, could that be considered based on the ballot or just argued that he was already pre-planned before that?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Interesting. Maybe Nintendo actually will reveal something this weekend at PAX, whatever they may announce will be playable at PAX, and then release it Monday evening? (Just speculation though)
I don't see it. Having a maintenance doesn't mean they're going to announce anything.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It's a 50-50 chance, if I had to be honest. It's a good sign things are coming.
If it does mean something is coming I'll be ecstatic, because there's no way Shovel Knight is getting announced for Smash this weekend (the Amiibo listing proves that much). If we get a character announced, its something else, and I'd bet K. Rool is the most likely option, but I'm not hedging my bets on anything right now.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
If it does mean something is coming I'll be ecstatic, because there's no way Shovel Knight is getting announced for Smash this weekend (the Amiibo listing proves that much). If we get a character announced, its something else, and I'd bet K. Rool is the most likely option, but I'm not hedging my bets on anything right now.
No one ever said it was Shovel Knight if I'm right.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Okay, man. Guys, you post fast. I went to work and came back expecting the worst but apparently nothing just yet.

So, when is PAX? Did it already start?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Okay, man. Guys, you post fast. I went to work and came back expecting the worst but apparently nothing just yet.

So, when is PAX? Did it already start?
PAX does not start until tomorrow. Nindies@Night supposedly has started now, but we haven't heard anything out of it yet.

No one ever said it was Shovel Knight if I'm right.
A lot of people think Shovel Knight is getting or could get announced (not anyone here, though). The leaked Amiibo listing disproves this notion. People better hope there's nothing Smash related for Shovel Knight announced, because it won't be him playable in Smash, otherwise the listings would clearly note that.

I still don't think we're getting much, if any Smash news this weekend, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
PAX does not start until tomorrow. Nindies@Night supposedly has started now, but we haven't heard anything out of it yet.

A lot of people think Shovel Knight is getting or could get announced (not anyone here, though). The leaked Amiibo listing disproves this notion. People better hope there's nothing Smash related for Shovel Knight announced, because it won't be him playable in Smash, otherwise the listings would clearly note that.

I still don't think we're getting much, if any Smash news this weekend, but I'd love to be proven wrong.
As for Smash related news at PAX...

I'm hoping for Wolf

I'm expecting nothing

I'm dreading something happening that will make this thread burst into flames

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

So what is this maintenance thing going to do? Is it going to make any changes to the game, like notable changes?

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
So what is this maintenance thing going to do? Is it going to make any changes to the game, like notable changes?
We don't know at this moment, but I'd presume it's for some upcoming content (could be bug-fixes, a character, or even a mix of both, but I guarantee you it will be at least one of those, if not hopefully both).

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
We don't know at this moment, but I'd presume it's for some upcoming content (could be bug-fixes, a character, or even a mix of both, but I guarantee you it will be at least one of those, if not hopefully both).
I hope so, too. Now I can't wait until the 31st!

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
It's none of those. Those times are for server maintenance - a software patch is what's required for bug-fixes, new characters, and so on.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think we could get an announcement this weekend. This Nindies@Night event is revealing a lot of info which would normally be in a Nintendo Direct.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Yeah, that was one exception, I suppose. It was probably just to make sure he game was running as normal. I think this time is different though due to the timing of the maintenance.

It's none of those. Those times are for server maintenance - a software patch is what's required for bug-fixes, new characters, and so on.
That would be true. However, the timing of the Maintenance may be foreshadowing something this time around.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, they just showed that they are making buyable boxed Shovel Knight games and some kind of free update. I wonder if this is that "megaton announcement" I have heard about?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
That would be true. However, the timing of the Maintenance may be foreshadowing something this time around.
I agree, it could be. I just felt that it was worth pointing out that server maintenance doesn't bring these things, and that they're also not necessarily always associated. :laugh:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well, they just showed that they are making buyable boxed Shovel Knight games and some kind of free update. I wonder if this is that "megaton announcement" I have heard about?
I can confirm that the Shovel Knight amiibo rumor was true. In-case anybody was wondering what the bottom logo is since it's golden in the video like the Smash Bros. amiibo have, it is NOT the Smash Logo; rather, it is Shovel Knight's helmet, similar to the one on his box-art.

EDIT: The correct color of the bottom logo is actually Purple, not Gold, as confirmed by Yacht Club Games.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I can confirm that the Shovel Knight amiibo rumor was true. In-case anybody was wonder what the bottom logo is since it is golden in the video, it is NOT the Smash Logo; rather, it is Shovel Knight's helmet, similar to the one imbeded in his box-art. Anyways, there ya go guys.
Looks like Shovel Knight for Smash wasn't really the case, right?

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Looks like Shovel Knight for Smash wasn't really the case, right?
Probably not; I suppose this is all that Shovel Knight may get and won't be in Smash as a result (this is just my opinion on that, btw), but I will say he deserved to be a Amiibo at the very least for having a successful game.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Probably not; I suppose this is all that Shovel Knight may get and won't be in Smash as a result, but I will say he deserved to be a Amiibo at the very least for having a successful game.
Of course. Well, so much for Tamaki's prediction.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
He's still saying that SK will get announced later.

Anyway, that event felt like it should've been in a Direct. Honestly, I think we could possibly get a Smash character announced this weekend. I'm assuming we won't, but I don't think its "impossible" at this point.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Oh boy!. Back to "no news on the ballot or K. Rool until October 3rd".
Gotta admit that at least I wanted a Mii Costume or something. All the leaks and paranoia is a cruel torture. But the only thing confirmed is Tamaki being a shmuck (or maybe Shovel Knight will come until October 3rd. But meanwhile, we laugh).

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Like that's going to happen. He is just too desperate, if you ask me.
He (and everyone else who heard of this news early on) immediately thought amiibo = Smash Bros.

He already admitted that everything he "leaked" was pure speculation based on the rumors (which we now know weren't Smash related at all), so why are we giving him any credence anymore?

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Official Shovel Knight amiibo trailer:
Some people are saying that the golden base shown in the trailer is suspect, but am I the only one who thinks that, from what we can see, it doesn't look like the Smash Ball logo?

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
he has said from the very beginning that shovel knight may get revealed in 1-2 months.I personally think he's full of it but something to remember every now and again.Besides you should be talking about how awesome the king is and how he's totally gonna be in DCR3

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom