• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Yes, let us move on to Speculation at this point in time to stray from going off-topic. Anyways, based on the timing of that Maintenance, there is a possibility that we might get some sort of character reveal over the weekend at Pax. If any characters might get announced beforehand, it will be said tomorrow in my view.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Official Shovel Knight amiibo trailer:
Some people are saying that the golden base shown in the trailer is suspect, but am I the only one who thinks that, from what we can see, it doesn't look like the Smash Ball logo?
It most definitely is not.
It's gold, yes. But that is Shovel Knight's helmet at his feet, very clearly.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
He (and everyone else who heard of this news early on) immediately thought amiibo = Smash Bros.

He already admitted that everything he "leaked" was pure speculation based on the rumors (which we now know weren't Smash related at all), so why are we giving him any credence anymore?
There is no need to. With that, along with this:

https://twitter.com/YachtClubGames/status/635162393035714560

And the Shovel Knight amiibo not having to do with Smash, it's safe to say that this guy was wrong with his predictions and should not be taken seriously.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Let's stop talking about the Shovel Knight Amiibo now. How about we speculate instead if we could get Smash news this weekend? Because I'm really curious about this.
I'm curious about this too, now. Before this event, which did indeed seem like the sort of thing we'd see in a Nintendo Direct broadcast, I was thinking it was just like any other event or convention that Nintendo typically takes already-released titles like Smash to, but now it kind of feels like anything is possible. This also comes partly from the strangely-timed server maintenance, though I still think that that could be nothing.

They're making a game based on the One Of Us song?! :crazy:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
@PushDustIn & @Neo Zero say they're confident in his sources and we may have to wait at least 2 months for his possible reveal.
But Tamaki has not been accurate all the time, and in fact, he has said things that ended up false. It's not like he is that reliable just because two big people have faith in him.

Anyway, let me ask; what is your favorite game that King K. Rool was in?

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I'm curious about this too, now. Before this event, which did indeed seem like the sort of thing we'd see in a Nintendo Direct broadcast, I was thinking it was just like any other event or convention that Nintendo typically takes already-released titles like Smash to, but now it kind of feels like anything is possible. This also comes partly from the strangely-timed server maintenance, though I still think that that could be nothing.

You joke about that.But i would totally buy that game

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
We have to pick just one?!

Oh, ok...

It's Donkey Kong Country 2, for me. But it's almost a tie with Donkey Kong Land and the original DKC.

You joke about that.But i would totally buy that game
I think we all would, because we're all one of them, or something. :laugh:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
But Tamaki has not been accurate all the time, and in fact, he has said things that ended up false. It's not like he is that reliable just because two big people have faith in him.

DKC2, but I love all the DKC titles. DKC2 is by far my favorite, though.

Yeah, I'm at least hoping for new info on other Nintendo games, like Hyrule Warriors Legends. I want my Saria in Hyrule Warriors. :p

But yeah, I'd like to see if we could maybe get a new game announcement. Maybe a new DK game from Retro...?! (Or god forbid Diddy Kong Racing lol.)

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
(Or god forbid Diddy Kong Racing lol.)
Given all the nonsense surrounding that, that would be strangely poetic, somehow. :laugh:

Actually, there's a thought: If K. Rool's return were to be in the hypothetical Diddy Kong Racing 2, what would the reaction be?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Given all the nonsense surrounding that, that would be strangely poetic, somehow. :laugh:

Actually, there's a thought: If K. Rool's return were to be in the hypothetical Diddy Kong Racing 2, what would the reaction be?
I just want to see K. Rool period. I'll freak out if I see him.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I just want to see K. Rool period. I'll freak out if I see him.
I'd like to say that I'd be about the same, but as I've said before, I think I'd be ludicrously calm because it would just mean that things were being restored to rights. I might bounce off of you guys and freak out for the fun of it if he's confirmed for Smash, though. :laugh:

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
they really have to make a king k rool amibo. Just in general. Even if it cost 900$, i'll still buy that ;)

IggyKoopa66

Smash Cadet
NNID
Keemie

After two K. Rool-less DKCs I'll take him in Mario Badminton at this point.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
they really have to make a king k rool amibo. Just in general. Even if it cost 900$, i'll still buy that ;)
All that $900 would be used on making his golden belly actually made of gold.
(tbh, that would be pretty cool, though unlikely).

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Er, I wouldn't go to that extreme. I'd spend upwards of maybe $50 before I called it quits. ($900 is almost an entire paycheck for me, I can't afford anything close to that.)

That said, I do think we could get a K. Rool Amiibo eventually even without Smash. I'm positive we'll get a DK Amiibo line.

TropicalBreeze

Smash Apprentice
Realtalk, I don't own a single amiibo, but I'd sure as hell buy one of K. Rool, provided it's not over $100 (I'm not made of money ;w; ).

Last edited:

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
"Because of the tremendous amount of support from fans, everyone who voted for King K.Rool gets a free K.Rool amiibo."
-Masahiro Sakurai

If only...

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
I'd pay $100 max. And that's only if his design is primarily based off of Rareware's design.

I'll pay $1000 for the Kartoon's K. Rool as an amiibo though I don't even care.

"Because of the tremendous amount of support from fans, everyone who voted for King K.Rool gets a free K.Rool amiibo."
-Masahiro Sakurai
If only...
That's the dream, though I know making that a reality would be a bigger ****storm than amiibo have been already.

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
-Masahiro Sakurai

If only...
Suddenly, every single person that sets out to get the K Rool amiibo says they voted for him. What a coincidence!

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'm a big fan of amiibo, I love to collect 'em. I'd be all over a K. Rool amiibo like white on rice!

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
So far I've only gotten my amiibos from stores near me, as I don't want to pay crazy scalper prices (imo even $13 is kinda pushing it considering how little they are used outside of Smash...). So I've missed out on a bit of the amiibos I've wanted. But if a K. Rool amiibo does come out and I can't find it in any local store... then I may pay the scalper prices for once (But $50 is the absolute most I would pay for any amiibo).

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Hate to burst your bubbles, but isn't Nindies At Night for indie games? I doubt anything we would care for would be revealed there.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Just saw the ahvoel knig amiibo trailers

Welp thats it the rumor is fake

It only works for shovel knight

And they confirmed it themselves its not smash compatiable so goodbye rumor

Hello speculation till next smash announcement

And to get the starting pistol of this speculation

Smash maintence on the 31st

Adding content 4 early before the announcement?
(If this is right don't read anything about those evil leakers diging into the data files thats how roy and ryu got revealed early.)

More character buffs and nerfs?

Or just online focused?

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ofcoarse the bad news.

How long after the maintence gets complete then those evil data doggers get to work to check for anything added and find ballot winners.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I really dislike the term "ballot winner(s)." I prefer "Sakurai and team's ballot choice(s)." Because that's ultimately what the ballot is going to be. Especially if K. Rool doesn't make it in.
:125:

Last edited:

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
Aren't Namco-Bandai huge fans of DK by the way? I can imagine them trying to push for K. Rool to be honest.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Aren't Namco-Bandai huge fans of DK by the way? I can imagine them trying to push for K. Rool to be honest.
Yes, they do like the DK series quite a bit. They helped with Mario Super Sluggers, which had K. Rool and the Kritters playable, and also developed the Donkey Konga games.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Etika transparently dislikes K. Rool and the fact that people are voting him in higher numbers on fan polls than the characters for whose reveals he wants to stage freakouts (like Shovel Knight, hence him being the character of choice for this debate). Things like calling him "another slow heavy character" and rambling at length about how the costume is an 100% disconfirmation. I don't know that any amount of reasoning will change that, but anyone who can go in and potentially get viewers to #KrocTheVote may find it worth their while.

Last edited:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Etika transparently dislikes K. Rool and the fact that people are voting him in higher numbers on fan polls than the characters for whose reveals he wants to stage freakouts (like Shovel Knight, hence him being the character of choice for this debate). Things like calling him "another slow heavy character" and rambling at length about how the costume is an 100% disconfirmation. I don't know that any amount of reasoning will change that, but anyone who can go in and potentially get viewers to #KrocTheVote may find it worth their while.
I just linked it if anyone was interested in knowing how "the opposition" / others feel about K. rool even after the costume. Maybe could hear some potentially good points rather than convincing others to KrocTheVote in youtube chat, where there is shantae spam lol

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
This said people can copy and paste lord knows how much from this thread to support the King. Multiple different movesets, endless discussions about chances and background, you name it and this thread got bored of discussing it at least a hundred pages ago.

Though I hate the idea of a Versus debate, not least because it has real potential to dissolve into mudslinging vert quickly.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Ugh Etika adding fuel to the fire. He probably got the idea to make this video by browsing the last couple of pages this thread....Shovel Knight and King K.Rool aren't mortal enemies. I doubt there is only one ballot winner! They both have there pros and cons. God I wish it was October or the ballot ended sooner! This wait and speculation is turning people against each other and causing uneeded stress. Nintendo/Sakurai can't please everyone so no matter what character they choose someone is gonna end up disappointed.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
So there's something I want to say, just so I can feel confident that it's been said. Come what may, I want this to be stated for future reference.

I really, really, really, really do hope K. Rool makes it in as DLC. He isn't my most-wanted character - that'd be Wonder Red - but he is a very close second. He's my most-wanted character that, I feel, has a realistic shot. The ballot has shifted favour in our way in a manner I didn't think was even possible, short of K. Rool himself returning to the DKC series. This is a big deal for us, and whatever comes of it, I just want to say I'm extremely proud of everybody that did their damnedest to make this a reality.

If K. Rool doesn't get in, I won't lie, I will be very disappointed. I didn't think I'd be this emotionally invested in the ballot: since July '14, I felt totally content with the roster. I was happy to just wait out the ballot and rest easy with whatever the result turned out to be. But, damn it all, I can't help myself - I just love the fat kroc too much to go down without a hell of a fight!

If Shovel Knight (to cite the most recent wrench in the mercurial machine that is the Super Smash Bros Fighter Ballot) makes it in as a DLC character, I will be disappointed. This isn't because I dislike Shovel Knight as a character (I would definitely play him if he was in the game), or even due to a sense of "my character is more deserving than your character". If Shovel Knight makes it in, I will respect that it is because of his own merit as a character. But I will be disappointed. I will be disappointed because, honestly, my interest in the character is utterly neutral. I have no strong opinion on him either way. I will be happy for his fans if he makes it in, I will go to the thread and congratulate them with all due sincerity, but I will be disappointed. Shovel Knight doesn't "represent" anything to me, he isn't "emblematic" of Sakurai's mentality or his consideration of the fans: I just, on a personal level, feel he isn't a character I'm particularly interested in.

Truth be told, there are many character I would like to see. There are also many characters I would be fairly tepid about if they were revealed, if the reveal came at the cost of K. Rool. I love Dixie Kong as a character, I think she'd be a swell character in Smash, and again, I'd play her if she was in the game. But she isn't the character I hope to see right now. This may come off as utter blasphemy, considering the threads that I run, but I'd even be disappointed if Tiki or Anna (somehow) made it in. I must confess, I'd even be a tad saddened if Wonder Red made it in. It would be a Pyrrhic victory: the sweet taste of my favourite character in Smash would be embittered by the recollection that K. Rool didn't make it this time.

I would even go so far as to say I'd rather see Ridley or Isaac than a few of these characters. Again, this isn't to do with some cosmic sense of justice or who "deserves" to be in Smash: it's just that it'd make me very happy to see fans of the aforementioned characters finally get their due in Smash. When you've been fighting for over a decade for your favourite character, well, that's worth something. I think anybody with that kind of tenacity, that extent of devotion, tempered with an honest respect for other characters and a mutual sense of camaraderie, is a hell of a noble fighter. That isn't to say I'd maintain these characters possess a more profound moral worth than other characters, or that it's amoral to support your favourite characters despite the character being "undeserving" for whatever reason, but it'd be so damn sweet to see their fans happy.

Come what may, we did a damn good job (if I may be so bold as to include myself in this wee shindig, since I'm a relatively recent addition to the Kutthroat Krew). Even if K. Rool doesn't make it into Smash this time, we've got a much bigger, maybe even more important, intent to get to: K. Rool back in DKC where he belongs. If we can achieve that, I'd say it's a job well done. If this ship goes down, then by all the salt in the briny deep and all the bananas in Donkey Kong's hoard, I'm going down with it!

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
At this point I just want this whole charade to be over. "It's a suggestion box" they all say. Why even bother with the damn thing in the first place if popularity is completely ignored for what Sakurai wants to add? Other than maybe, MAYBE something catching Sakurai's eye and changing his mind on a character, but who even knows if he's looking at English votes or someone from NoA just saying "Oh by the way we got lots of votes for this, this and this character" and Sakurai saying "Meh", with all the well thought out reasons as to why K. Rool should be playable being completely ignored, and with popularity apparently not a factor in picking a character, then what the hell are we supposed to do?

@ Wintropy Wintropy well said, couldn't have said it better myself. At the very least, Retro HAS taken notice. Chances are high they will bring back the Kremlings and K. Rool in DKCR3

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
At this point I just want this whole charade to be over. "It's a suggestion box" they all say. Why even bother with the damn thing in the first place if popularity is completely ignored for what Sakurai wants to add? Other than maybe, MAYBE something catching Sakurai's eye and changing his mind on a character, but who even knows if he's looking at English votes or someone from NoA just saying "Oh by the way we got lots of votes for this, this and this character" and Sakurai saying "Meh", with all the well thought out reasons as to why K. Rool should be playable being completely ignored, and with popularity apparently not a factor in picking a character, then what the hell are we supposed to do?

@ Wintropy Wintropy well said, couldn't have said it better myself. At the very least, Retro HAS taken notice. Chances are high they will bring back the Kremlings and K. Rool in DKCR3
I mean, you can't ignore that it really is a suggestion box. You see, I've watched you complain about this for a bit. If it was a poll, it would have actually voting with several characters. The suggestion box is there to suggest a character to consider.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Darn, just as I leave I hear about Etika having a debate. To all the Kutthroats that are able to participate in the debate: Good luck, be civil, use all of your logical points in favor of K. Rool, and do your best! :) Prove that K. Rool still has a chance!

Last edited:
Top Bottom