• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
This will sound like a dumb question, but here goes:

How necessary is it for King K. Rool to have his cape as an outfit option?
Guess it would look naked and more like a big fat crocodile without it. And it would resemble Bowser a bit more (which is something that should be avoided).
In the cartoon, K. Rool's cape is almost nonexistent on how short it is. So you can use that to get an idea.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Well, glad to see something that potentially lays this whole shindig to rest (the amiibo, which, kudos to @ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman for predicting). It doesn't take us out of the forest just yet, but I for one will not be believing until I see concrete proof.

I haven't forgotten last year (almost to the day), when mods were talking up "credible sources" who were claiming things like "they definitely for sure have not unlocked everyone on this 3DS roster CSS" and that "my guy in Japan is saying that Ridley, Dixie, Mewtwo and the Chorus Kids are still coming." We as K. Rool fans should remember more than most, considering we bore the brunt of this "bow down to your shoo-in overlords" narrative.

Anyhow, check this out...seems we've struck a nerve by being a Miiverse contest winner.

Let's try and put even more K. Rool promotional fanart up this last month to see if we can't enrage users like that even further (and actually promote a character "no one knows" on Miiverse in the process of course).
A "custom" ? The is king is a custom move in the game? When did this happen?

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
:4dk: has a new custom move, where he pulls out K. Rool and they start to sing ''One of Us''. Everyone then starts singing and dancing to the glorious song, and this leaves everyone open for :4dk: to attack them. :troll:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Which King K. Rool custom was added to the game? I was not aware of DLC custom moves. Does Donkey Kong use the blunderbuss or something?
I think it's just a young child trying to spell the word 'costume.'
:4dk: has a new custom move, where he pulls out K. Rool and they start to sing ''One of Us''. Everyone then starts singing and dancing to the glorious song, and this leaves everyone open for :4dk: to attack them. :troll:
A++

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Don't talk about Shovel Knight's amiibo or the leak here, especially if you have nothing to talk about K. Rool.

You have been warned once.
But the K Rool thread reports on leaks quicker than the DLC threads.

And yes I am actually being serious about that.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Did some digging through this thread and found this old gif that was posted back in 2013.

I suppose it can work as a response to that salty miiverse user from a few posts above this.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Guys, I'm allowed to get really crazy upset? (or not yet?) --I really love Shovel Knight and his game... but... I can't believe on that;
I just don't want to say the cliche "THIS BEFORE K. ROOL?!"

I'll be happy by his fans, and gosh.. what honor would be for Yacht Club Games, but... c'mon Nintendo, you have your own characters we all love. Y-Y

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
If SK is confirmed, I truly do think this is the end K Rool's chances to be DLC. We did our best. Even with the largest gathering of Smash fans ever brought together for a single character, we still couldn't do it. Maybe there truly is a reason why the Kroc won't get added to Smash this time around.

That said, our part is not over. If the Kroc isn't DLC afterall, then our next kampaign is to get the Kroc in DKC Returns 3! I trust Retro can revive the Kroc with justice. This will make him relevant again and maybe we will begin seeing him in other games! (Mario Sluggers 3, Mario Strikers.....Hell maybe Mario Kart?! We got 3 Kongs in the series already! Someday he will be in Smash Bros.

Miiverse and twitter are great opportunities to reach out to Nintendo too! One day we will get ours. :)

And hey, our recent Kampaign did bring some interest back to the Kroc afterall! Hes a costume and has a renewed trademark!

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Well, glad to see something that potentially lays this whole shindig to rest (the amiibo, which, kudos to @ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman for predicting). It doesn't take us out of the forest just yet, but I for one will not be believing until I see concrete proof.

I haven't forgotten last year (almost to the day), when mods were talking up "credible sources" who were claiming things like "they definitely for sure have not unlocked everyone on this 3DS roster CSS" and that "my guy in Japan is saying that Ridley, Dixie, Mewtwo and the Chorus Kids are still coming." We as K. Rool fans should remember more than most, considering we bore the brunt of this "bow down to your shoo-in overlords" narrative.

Anyhow, check this out...seems we've struck a nerve by being a Miiverse contest winner.

Let's try and put even more K. Rool promotional fanart up this last month to see if we can't enrage users like that even further (and actually promote a character "no one knows" on Miiverse in the process of course).
Seems like some people's jelly meters are off the charts. Oh well, more peanut butter for us. xD

Morbi

Scavenger
Guys, I'm allowed to get really crazy upset? (or not yet?) --I really love Shovel Knight and his game... but... I can't believe on that;

I'll be happy by his fans, and gosh.. what honor would be for Yacht Club Games, but... c'mon Nintendo, you have your own characters we all love. Y-Y
You are allowed to be upset, but it is hardly over. Who cares who gets in BEFORE King K. Rool. They have to save the best for last mate.

Pakky

Smash Hero

I'm not upset because this doesn't condemn King K Rool at all. However if he is in smash, another Sakurai statement goes down the toilet. "Paraphrased" (Well known characters belong in smash) Adds a dude that has one game, has no ties to any existing properties, and has only existed for a year.

Last edited:

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
If SK is confirmed, I truly do think this is the end K Rool's chances to be DLC. We did our best. Even with the largest gathering of Smash fans ever brought together for a single character, we still couldn't do it. Maybe there truly is a reason why the Kroc won't get added to Smash this time around.

That said, our part is not over. If the Kroc isn't DLC afterall, then our next kampaign is to get the Kroc in DKC Returns 3! I trust Retro can revive the Kroc with justice. This will make him relevant again and maybe we will begin seeing him in other games! (Mario Sluggers 3, Mario Strikers.....Hell maybe Mario Kart?! We got 3 Kongs in the series already! Someday he will be in Smash Bros.

Miiverse and twitter are great opportunities to reach out to Nintendo too! One day we will get ours. :)

And hey, our recent Kampaign did bring some interest back to the Kroc afterall! Hes a costume and has a renewed trademark!
What does SK have to do with K Rool's chances?

oinkers12

Smash Apprentice
Why does this mean the end for K. Rool, exactly? Firstly, the ballot isn't over. Secondly, how is getting an Amiibo that is unrelated to Smash Bros. confirmation that he'll get in? Thirdly, this guy has said that this is all literally SPECULATION! I'm not saying that K. Rool is a lock or anything, but I don't get the sudden defeatist attitude.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
You are allowed to be upset, but it is hardly over. Who cares who gets in BEFORE King K. Rool. They have to save the best for last mate.
Yeah they're clearly saving the best for last. Not saying thats K Rool. But if K Rool were to get in he would be one of the last, if not the last. (Which means Shovel Knight still gets in first)

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
Hey what did I miss....

Whoa, a real shovel knight amiibo confirmed?

Besides that, what else caused this thread to grow a few pages so quickly?

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I'm just writhing by seeing various characters being confirmed (even some that I really like) and seeing no fat crocodile being playable. What a unfair world! D=

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Guys, cool it on the Shovel Knight talk. We've already been yelled at a couple of times. Let's not get our first self-inflicted temp lock (technically it was temp-locked before DLC was confirmed, but that was the case for every speculation thread).

Anyway, I'm still optimistic about K. Rool.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
But the K Rool thread reports on leaks quicker than the DLC threads.

And yes I am actually being serious about that.
That doesn't make it any less off topic. Unless the leak has anything to do with K. Rool, don't bring it here.

The fiasco since yesterday hasn't exactly been pleasant.

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm not upset because this doesn't condemn King K Rool at all. However if he is in smash, another Sakurai statement goes down the toilet. "Paraphrased" (Well known characters belong in smash) Adds a dude that has one game, has no ties to any existing properties, and has only existed for a year.
Sakurai's criteria, if that is what you are alluding to, is extremely amibigious. It could apply to almost any character, including Shovel Knight and King K. Rool. Although they are on opposite sides of the spectrum, they both fit in with the generic statements Sakurai makes. Further to the point, those assertions are in regard to the game, as in the disc. We do not necessarily understand the rules for DLC as this is the first time we have had any. The same general rules apply, I am sure, but again, nothing he states would exclude SK.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Hey what did I miss....

Whoa, a real shovel knight amiibo confirmed?

Besides that, what else caused this thread to grow a few pages so quickly?
Some Admins here, Sourcegaming and now gameXplain are onboard saying the amiibo is just an early mockup and is indeed for Smash, and that SK is on the way as DLC.

People are upset because if theres only one ballot winner, then K Rool isn't getting in.

Morbi

Scavenger
Some Admins here, Sourcegaming and now gameXplain are onboard saying the amiibo is just an early mockup and is indeed for Smash, and that SK is on the way as DLC.

People are upset because if theres only one ballot winner, then K Rool isn't getting in.
To be fair, there is no way Shovel Knight is a ballot winner. If there is one winner, it is not going to be him. That is not to say that I believe that King K. Rool is guaranteed the win (actually I do, but even then, Nintendo probably reserves the right to use the second or third place character).

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

GameXplain said nothing of the sort, it was only Ash, who received word via an anonymous source. The description of the Amiibo in two separate locations says NOTHING about Smash Bros.

Anyway, let's drop this subject.

Bananija

Count of Trickery

Honestly, whichever character it would be, everyone would be upset with one ballot winner. I would even if it was K.Rool, and I love K.Rool!

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Its only truly over until Sakurai says "Smash 4 development is over, see you in 6 years". He can put 5 pre-ballot and ballot characters first and K. Rool until the very end for the most hype if he wanted.

And I gotta be honest, Im only here for adding K. Rool in Smash as a DLC fighter. The part of adding him in future DKCs is essential for him to keep relevancy, and I would love to see him again. But my main concern now is getting a new heavy and fun character to play in my favorite game.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

An amiibo doesn't mean that a character will be added into Smash. If that was the case, then we'd have Inklings, Toad, and at least eight Animal Crossing characters.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
It's over imo. Writing has been on the wall since the costume dropped. If all his popularity amounted to was that insult and the ballot winners have already been decided, we have no chance. We did everything we could, but it's apparent that for whatever reason, the team doesn't want to add K. Rool. Even if SK doesn't get in (which he will), we're not getting Rool. We got that stupid Mii costume instead and are expected to love it. Apologies for how melodramatic this posts sounds, but I'm out. I'm tired of disappointment with this game and Nintendo in general. Thanks for all the fun times. See you all in eight years where we'll all be **** on again.
To be honest, I've been feeling this way for a long time, too.

See you around, Xzsmmc. We'll get there eventually.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Except Tama confirmed there were multiple ballot characters. K.Rool still has a shot.

Let's go and fight on regardless.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Any K Rool fan who is upset about this thinking there is one ballot character is an idiot. There is obviously not 1 and at a bare minimum 2, but I highly doubt that. And if there were to somehow only be one (which theres not) they would at least make it a Nintendo character.

EDIT: Just think about this:

-8 month Smash Ballot
-1 Character
-Indie

(Sounds unlikely doesn't it?)

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Its only truly over until Sakurai says "Smash 4 development is over, see you in 6 years". He can put 5 pre-ballot and ballot characters first and K. Rool until the very end for the most hype if he wanted.

And I gotta be honest, Im only here for adding K. Rool in Smash as a DLC fighter. The part of adding him in future DKCs is essential for him to keep relevancy, and I would love to see him again. But my main concern now is getting a new heavy and fun character to play in my favorite game.
Although, if people rallied earlier for King K. Rool in Tropical Freeze or something, he would have said "relevancy" that he is severly missing at the current time. Unless you count the VC release of Donkey Kong 64 for some reason. Worst comes to worst, he can become a prominent Donkey Kong character once more and we can try again for Smash 5.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Although, if people rallied earlier for King K. Rool in Tropical Freeze or something, he would have said "relevancy" that he is severly missing at the current time. Unless you count the VC release of Donkey Kong 64 for some reason. Worst comes to worst, he can become a prominent Donkey Kong character once more and we can try again for Smash 5.
Why try again for Smash 5 when we can succeed now?

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
An amiibo doesn't mean that a character will be added into Smash. If that was the case, then we'd have Inklings, Toad, and at least eight Animal Crossing characters.
To be fair, they were also released for specific games.

We don't really know what Shovel Knight is going to do yet, and for all we know, this box is just a prototype. They could add the Smash logo on the box later.

Morbi

Scavenger
Why try again for Smash 5 when we can succeed now?
Well, I did say if worse came to worst, but yeah, I have confidence that King K. Rool is still a viable contender. Otherwise, I would not be here. The inverse of my aforementioned statement is also true. With King K. Rool in Smash 4, the push for him in the next Donkey Kong title would be observable and he could once again return to prominence. In that event, we could enjoy him in both Smash 4 AND Smash 5. :shades:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Well, I did say if worse came to worst, but yeah, I have confidence that King K. Rool is still a viable contender. Otherwise, I would not be here. The inverse of my aforementioned statement is also true. With King K. Rool in Smash 4, the push for him in the next Donkey Kong title would be observable and he could once again return to prominence. In that event, we could enjoy him in both Smash 4 AND Smash 5. :shades:
With Retro following the campaign and all the love K.Rool is getting, his appearence in the next DK title is the least of my worry honestly. But if the worst happen (which I don't think it will), what you said earlier is the most logical thing to do.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Sakurai's criteria, if that is what you are alluding to, is extremely ambiguous. It could apply to almost any character, including Shovel Knight and King K. Rool. Although they are on opposite sides of the spectrum, they both fit in with the generic statements Sakurai makes. Further to the point, those assertions are in regard to the game, as in the disc. We do not necessarily understand the rules for DLC as this is the first time we have had any. The same general rules apply, I am sure, but again, nothing he states would exclude SK.
Sigh* I can't argue with you on that the term "Well known" did only apply to the character that were on disc when the game was still in development and was taken in regards to the main roster. However it is true as you say that the term in itself and by extension Sakurai's "process" is a bit ambiguous.

However sometimes his ambiguity in combination with some of his more direct statements leave me rather confused.

paraphrased

No DLC/ There will be several DLC characters

These characters are too peaceful for smash/ Several characters that would apply to this are in the reveal trailer of Smash 4

Ridley can not be portrayed accurately/ A toy is made into game character, Ganondorf, ect.

Hopefully however I hope there isn't a flimsy statement put in place to shoo off King K Rool supporters but perhaps at this point I'm being too negative, I apologize.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
To be fair, they were also released for specific games.

We don't really know what Shovel Knight is going to do yet, and for all we know, this box is just a prototype. They could add the Smash logo on the box later.
That doesn't seem likely in the least bit. The descriptions say nothing about Smash at all, and I checked my Smash Amiibo boxarts, they aren't consistent. The "not final" is what EVERY Amiibo says. Drop this stupid discussion, its meaningless.

Except Tama confirmed there were multiple ballot characters. K.Rool still has a shot.

Let's go and fight on regardless.
He's full of crap anyway.

Top Bottom