• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
What is this now?

Also, I have some great news guys: I finally got my Charizard amiibo. Somehow Wal-mart's online store got one in stock and I grabbed it up just finding it randomly. He looks so great beside Pikachu on my end table, my two mains both have an amiibo <3, if I wasn't a bonehead and got rid of my Wii U I could have been playing Pikachu and Charizard in Super Mario Maker (I got REALLY upset with Nintendo after this year's E3 and I was hard up on cash...and the only game I really cared about was Smash but I had that on 3DS already)...AND, at the time, Pokemon amiibo could only be used in Smash, so I got upset that my preferred amiibo wouldn't work in Super Mario Maker.

I'ma bonehead. But it's fine, I'm sure the NX will be backwards compatible.

Edit: Seriously @ S Senselessbreak where do we know this? I'm interested.
https://twitter.com/nintendo

On their Japanese twitter, they announced a bunch of stuff in the past 12 hours!
For Example: Picross 3D 2 announce, New RH Best + DLC, New VC games, New 3DS themes.....

Perhaps a direct is coming this week! Usually directs are on a Wednesday or Thursday, so if its going to happen this week, they should tweet about it within the next 12 hours or so.

Last edited:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
So.........More questions:
1.What is your favorite boss fight of K.Rool?
2.What is your favorite level of DKC, DKC2 and DKC3 respectively? (feel free to mention DKCR and DKCTF as well)
3.What made you support K.Rool?
4.How do you reacted to the Mii costume?
5.How likely did you thought K.Rool was back when the Gematsu Leak was still alive?
6.Do you have any fond memories of K.Rool as a character?
7.What is your favorite Ice Cream Flavor? (if you have any)
1. DKC2 even though I never got to him in this game, the fight seems really fun and hard.
2. Only played completely through 3 and Returns so I'll stick to those.
DKC3: Lightning Lookout - took me forever to beat but I love it because of it's difficulty
Returns: Muncher Marathon, Bombs Away, Perilous Passage, Switcheroo, Smokey Peak
3. This thread :p and then playing DKC cemented it.
4. Horrified at first and then calmed down in the following days.
5. I didn't know what to make of the leak so I disregarded it and thought he was still likely.
6. I remember it taking like 17 tries to beat him if that is what you mean :p
7. Cookie Dough

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Check out the most popular posts on Miiverse's Wii U photo challenge :love::

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/14866558073037299863/6437256808726306113/hot

Good job everyone.

The last day is upon us! If you haven't submitted a snapshot, please do so! "Unity" for K. Rool!

Yeah any pics you may have missed:
We're even dominating the popular tab! I don't think Sakurai and the team would pick one that says ''King K. Rool for DLC!'' or something similar (as it may lead some to believe that K. Rool is in development if he picks a Kampaigning picture), but with all this attention I think it's very likely they will pick at least one K. Rool picture!

Last edited:

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
2.What is your favorite level of DKC, DKC2 and DKC3 respectively? (feel free to mention DKCR and DKCTF as well)
5.How likely did you thought K.Rool was back when the Gematsu Leak was still alive?
1. The final battle in DK64.
2. There are too many to count.
3. Seeing the amazing support K. Rool has been getting made me wan't to see him get in Smash.
4. I was honestly excited. I thought it was like a seek peak at what they got planned for the king.
5. I wasn't too aware of that leak at the time.
6. Right before you fought him in DKC2. Seeing him beat up DK like that made me really want to give it to him.
7. Vanilla. Yeah, I'm boring.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
1. Kaptain K. Rool. To reiterate what's been said before me: best kostume, best music, best fight, best game.

2. Can I just be a cop-out here and say "every K. Rool boss stage"? Seriously, the atmosphere and soundtrack of these stages is incredible!

3. He's charismatic, his mannerisms are hysterical, has a fun design and is an incredibly memorable opponent in every game - he's just a great character in every way

4. I was shocked and discouraged at first, but I got over it pretty quickly when everybody here came together to carry on the kampaign

5. I didn't really consider him at all back then, so I can't definitively answer the question

6. The first time I fought him in DKC2 on the GBA was pretty memorable - the soundtrack is what really won me over

7. EVERY FLAVOUR! But I'm especially fond of cherry, bubblegum, pistachio and mint chocolate

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Since theres going to be 5 winners, I'd be rather annoyed if K Rool isn't in at least one of them. That would make it obvious Sakurai

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
1. King Krusha Rool

2. Bramble Blast. Perfect atmosphere and music win this

3. What's not to love about K. Rool? He actually feels like a threat yet acts silly from time to time. His battles, besides memorable, show what he's capable of doing in Smash. He's truly a Nintendo all-star

4. I looked at the positive side of what the costume could represent

5. While I still think Gematsu was true, I still thought K. Rool would make it into the base roster

6. Of course; took me about 9 years to finally beat him in DK64 :p

7. Neapolitan!

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
While K. Rool seems to have a higher than average appearance in the Miiverse pics, the competition has been going on since August 6th or something. There are still a lot of non-K.Rool snapshots to pick. I would not expect them to pick a K. Rool pic, anyway. Or any other one that appears to "campaign" for a character. Regardless of the character's fate, it would draw unneeded attention. The point of doing this is just to leave an impression on the judges (the development team).

I don't want to be that guy, but I'm not sure how to feel about this flood of K. Rool pics in this contest. It seems logical to think it's an amazing way to give him exposure, especially directly to Sakurai, but this is a photo contest after all, and its first purpose should be to post a unity-themed photo. I'm not saying it's wrong to use this contest as a way to give exposure to our most wanted character, but as least we should try to match the "unity" theme, and many K. Rool pics I've seen don't feel like they follow it :/

Besides, I've already posted my own pic on this contest, depicting Fire Emblem characters going into a war alongside... Waluigi, because his trophy pose makes him look like he's running recklessly trying to threaten an enemy and he looks hilariously fitting alongside those Fire Emblem characters:

Please don't kill me for not posting a K. Rool related pic
I think most people have been quite good about the unity theme, actually. It can be somewhat broadly interpreted, yes, but to be honest, your picture does the same. Most pictures approach is to "unite" him with Kremlings, DK characters, Bowser, other villains, etc. While there are a few where the unity theme seems dimly present, I think most pictures are a pretty good representation of "unity".

PiChuChu

Smash Cadet
What if Sakurai started the ballot characters a bit ago based on who has the leads and then will release them the day that/after the ballot ends?

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
What if Sakurai started the ballot characters a bit ago based on who has the leads and then will release them the day that/after the ballot ends?
That's a possibility. Are we far enough in the ballot where its stable enough for some characters? Is it to far in the ballot for some to bounce back up? I'd say wait until the ballot ends, it ain't over til its over.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
That's a possibility. Are we far enough in the ballot where its stable enough for some characters? Is it to far in the ballot for some to bounce back up? I'd say wait until the ballot ends, it ain't over til its over.
I highly doubt they are working on the character. More than likely they are working on preballot characters, like Wolf. We'll be lucky if we even get an announcement right away.

Devil G.

Smash Apprentice
1. The DCK2 one, the battle is perfectly paced and executed, great final boss.

2. I haven't completed DKC yet (I will soon, don't worry :p). As for the other two... It's just too hard to decide :psycho:

I'll say Bramble Blast and Web Woods in DCK2, followed by Castle Crush and the mining and ice levels (In a Snow-Bound Land and Mining Melancholy are awesome).

I played the GBA versions of the games, so for DCK3 I would go with one of the levels with Stilt Village playing on the background. The ones in which you have to climb and Rockface Rumble and Treetop Tumble play are some of my favourites too.

I guess by now you've noticed music is one of the deciding factors to like a level for me. It just adds so much to the atmosphere, David Wise is a genius. The level designs are on point in general, so I very rarely dislike a DCK level.

3. I love him since I was a kid, DCK3 was one of the games that came with my first console, the GBA. I also want to show my support to the Kutthroats movement, since everyone here has shown great dedication from the beginning, and that makes me want him in the game even more.

4. I don't think it affects the King's chances at all. If anything, it's Nintendo's first acknowledgment of K. Rool's popularity. Also, it encouraged me to start using Mii Brawler. People should relax and not get angry at everything, I read a lot of users overreacting at this.

5. 50/50, the more the launch date approached the more I was praying for his inclusion. But I wasn't too let down by the time the final roster was revealed, and I knew they would likely add DLC, so since the release I've just been hoping our finest hour finally arrives.

6. Yeah, back when I was a kid I loved fighting him, and I think he's a very charismatic and expressive villain. He definitely deserves a spot in the roster, I would main him without a second thought whether he's the best or the worst character (In fact, I always love playing as the underdogs).

7. Vanilla. ALWAYS VANILLA. DON'T EVEN DOUBT IT.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
1. The original fight has the most nostalgia for me (it was a big gaming accomplishment for my young self to beat him), but his DKC2 fight is not only his best, but probably the best boss fight the entire DKC series has to offer.

2. Mine Cart Madness (DKC), Bramble Scramble (DKC2), Krack Shot Krock (DKC3), Muncher Marathon (DKCR), Grassland Groove (TF)

3. I always thought it was weird that he wasn't in Melee when I first played it as a kid, but my actual support ironically enough came from seeing the One of Us video on YouTube. I had rented the "feature length" VHS from Blockbuster as a kid, but rewatching it, just as I was starting to follow Smash online after Diddy's reveal, I thought "Man, why can't I make DK and K. Rool team up in Smash?" Then, I got to thinking of movesets and it all escalated from there.

4. I woke up randomly at 4 or so that morning and checked the thread half-awake to see multiple new pages and a PM from @Swampasaur titled "It shouldn't have been like this." I initially feared that the final DLC spots had been leaked and K. Rool was absent, but then I saw an image of the costume and I was just confused. Still am, because there are a lot of unanswered questions about it, hence me feeling a mix of optimism and pessimism at this point.

5. In July 2014, I thought he had a good chance, because there was a leak alive that had miraculously said "Rayman was cut" two days before Rayman's trophy was revealed, and who predicted Lucina but not Chrom in an age where the Chrom bandwagon was at an all-time high because of Gematsu.

When that fell apart, I still held out hope that Sakurai had learned from Brawl's backlash to save hype newcomers for last (because of all the other little nods to the fans that had been shown thus far), and that if Fire Emblem could get a newcomer and a clone, surely DK could too. Didn't come to pass, but the logic at the time was sounder IMO than just "lol all the muhrelevant characters," due to Sakurai's quote about characters with futures only coming out months later.

6. Beating him in the first DKC after many, many tries was a huge accomplishment for me. I replayed the trilogy on GBA dozens and dozens of times growing up, always looking forward to his fights at the end. From a school assignment I did in elementary school:

Beyond that, I always loved him and the Kremlings as cool, fun villains that you actually look forward to fighting and seeing how they've evolved from game to game, as opposed to just beating them because they're there (most Mario enemies, for example). And then, I got into Smash and the rest is history.

7. Anything dark chocolate is delicious

HonoratusHidde

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hiddeman
Alright, time for me to give my opinions and stuff.

1. My favorite K.Rool boss fight is the one from DKC1. Simply because that's the one I played first. Nostalgia, you know. It's a pretty simple (compared to the one in DKC2), but really fun fight.

2. This is a tough one, as I don't remember the names of the levels. I can barely remember two names. I think. But I'll try to describe them.

My favorite DKC1 level is the first level with the minecarts. Although I became extremely frustrated the first time I played it, because of those Kritters in minecarts crashing into me.
My favorite level from DKC2 is the one with the honey. (Are there more with honey? I don't know). I remember playing this level long ago with a friend of mine. Good times.
I played DKC3 the least of the entire trilogy, so I'm not really sure which level is my favorite. The one where there are those rats and you play as Ellie, being scared of the rats, was pretty fun.
And as a bonus: DKCR: the one in the forest world where you are chased by all the tiny spiders(?).
DKCTF: The entirety of World 6. I love that world.

3. I like the Donkey Kong series, but I don't really like playing as DK himself. Diddy is pretty fun, but I need a little variation. K.Rool is the kind of character that has the potential to take (almost) every single move from something he does in the games. Like Mega Man. I love that.

4. I was really, really, REALLY pissed when I saw it for the first time. I wanted K.Rool as a playable character, not as a costume for my Mii. It makes it appear as if I killed K.Rool and now wear his skin and head as a hunting trophy. I don't want that. It's just weird.

5. I always had a little bit of hope left. Needless to tell you how I reacted when the final roster was revealed.

6. Nothing that someone else hasn't said here before.

7. Banana. I'm dead serious.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Incredibly disappointed I haven't heard Cornish cited as a favourite ice cream flavour yet. Do they not have it in the US?

Keeping it on topic I particularly enjoyed Tidal Terror from DKCR.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Incredibly disappointed I haven't heard Cornish cited as a favourite ice cream flavour yet. Do they not have it in the US?

Keeping it on topic I particularly enjoyed Tidal Terror from DKCR.
Cornish? Yeah, never heard of it.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I don't think there's anything wrong with what we're doing on Miiverse. The goal isn't to leave K. Rool the only option to pick. The goal is to have K. Rool being everywhere in the top voted posts as the competition ends, which it is if it hasn't already. It's about sending a message. A lot of people on this board claim they campaign for their character, but few actually walk the walk after talking the talk. The Kutthroats shown time and time again we will do anything to get K. Rool the exposure he needs. And now Sakurai and his team have K. Rool flooding Miiverse and his twitter account. We can be damned sure K. Rool is not being looked over or ignored as a playable fighter.

As for "raiding" Miiverse, just like the Ballot, there's no harm in it in my eyes. They will ultimately pick which pictures best represent Unity while also avoiding any blatant campaigning pictures (meaning a K. Rool one is likely to not get picked, but that's not the point).

I'm just glad we're doing something instead of just giving up. Not until the Ballot ends on October 3rd. We got a month and a half to go yet and we aren't finished.

Edit: I never heard of or ever seen Cornish, it might not be here in the US.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't think there's anything wrong with what we're doing on Miiverse. The goal isn't to leave K. Rool the only option to pick. The goal is to have K. Rool being everywhere in the top voted posts as the competition ends, which it is if it hasn't already. It's about sending a message. A lot of people on this board claim they campaign for their character, but few actually walk the walk after talking the talk. The Kutthroats shown time and time again we will do anything to get K. Rool the exposure he needs. And now Sakurai and his team have K. Rool flooding Miiverse and his twitter account. We can be damned sure K. Rool is not being looked over or ignored as a playable fighter.

As for "raiding" Miiverse, just like the Ballot, there's no harm in it in my eyes. They will ultimately pick which pictures best represent Unity while also avoiding any blatant campaigning pictures (meaning a K. Rool one is likely to not get picked, but that's not the point).

I'm just glad we're doing something instead of just giving up. Not until the Ballot ends on October 3rd. We got a month and a half to go yet and we aren't finished.

Edit: I never heard of or ever seen Cornish, it might not be here in the US.
I agree. We're not doing anything wrong, we're just spreading the word of K. Rool.

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
I posted this in the unity challenge:

Jk! I actually posted this:

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Updated with the new ones at the top.

UNITY FOR K. ROOL:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACNUKFJF7ty_g

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkX3-96Ng

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkX6Xmasg

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACXVHhnDRvYmw

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkX6rvY2A

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACXVHhnDk1inw

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkX6fnuOw

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkX7KXyHg

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkX7hlCDw

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkXyfEXeg

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkXydCPwA

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAAAEVHhm89wBuA

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkXvox3OA

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAAAEVHhm8xkBJA

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAAAtVHhnZcBAUw

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkXrvShpQ

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkXsmap2g

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkXooc6AA

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkXpbG3vg

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkXoUWt-A

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkW0R-PMw

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkWyeApPg

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACXVHhm_ZQXIA

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAAAEVHhm5aT0dw

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAAAEVHhm5iwtuA

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkWtIWj3Q

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkWtDddBg

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkVw1-0mg

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkV33t94g

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkWHp_j8g

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkWSJFMXw

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACNUKFI6XNrXg

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkWd8tQMg

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACNUKFI8iWWqg

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkWpdQR2g

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkWtyWpFw

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
1. Kaptain K. Rool. Mostly for the variety and it's music. Oh, also because the Kaptain is my favorite design.
2. I... Am terrible at remembering levels. I suppose my favorite level for 1 would be the red light, green light one. My favorite level of 2 would be the one with the floating skeleton ghosts. My favorite of 3 would be the one where you are climbing up a tree to escape a saw blade.
3. Him being a major part of my childhood.
4. I had mixed feelings at first. Now, it has actually raised my confidence for the king extremely.
5. I though he was somewhat likely, though not very. Gematsu was a deadly leak, almost as deadly as ESRB.
6. His boss fights that brought a surprise every turn.
7. Green tea, friend.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
You know, this whole poll has me thinking........if not K Rool...then who else? No I mean seriously, who else is a top contender that could be worthy enough?

Isaac: First thought, and perhaps he will get in, but his series seems in limbo. Also I understand most of his popularity is in the west only.
Wonder Red: Game sold poorly, Sakurai likes him so its possible.
Waddle Dee: Sakurai created him and doesn't like him. Sure he has a spear, but don't really see any reason to include mildly popular filler character
Inklings: Saved for next game
Banjo: Strong support, but does nintendo want to give Microsoft money?
Wolf: Doesn't need ballot to get in.
Krystal: Too much competition with Wolf.
Snake: Konami hates video games
Shantae/ Shovel Knight: Too insignificant, as 3rd party guests are all gaming icons, and these two are nowhere near that.
Rayman: Just maybe...I have a feeling he will be in Smash sooner or later.

As far as I see across the smash communities, the top contenders are K Rool/Isaac/Banjo. So if K Rool doesn't make the cut, would that just leave Isaac with the best shot?

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Lets continue to post picks, but lets not "Kampaign" K Rool, as Nintendo will surely avoid them.

Perhaps some DK64 related moments!

You know, this whole poll has me thinking........if not K Rool...then who else? No I mean seriously, who else is a top contender that could be worthy enough?

Isaac: First thought, and perhaps he will get in, but his series seems in limbo. Also I understand most of his popularity is in the west only.
Wonder Red: Game sold poorly, Sakurai likes him so its possible.
Waddle Dee: Sakurai created him and doesn't like him. Sure he has a spear, but don't really see any reason to include mildly popular filler character
Inklings: Saved for next game
Banjo: Strong support, but does nintendo want to give Microsoft money?
Wolf: Doesn't need ballot to get in.
Krystal: Too much competition with Wolf.
Snake: Konami hates video games
Shantae/ Shovel Knight: Too insignificant, as 3rd party guests are all gaming icons, and these two are nowhere near that.
Rayman: Just maybe...I have a feeling he will be in Smash sooner or later.

As far as I see across the smash communities, the top contenders are K Rool/Isaac/Banjo. So if K Rool doesn't make the cut, would that just leave Isaac with the best shot?
I don't see Banjo as a top contender... Yes, some guy in Microsoft would like to see him in Smash, but I don't still think Nintendo and Microsoft could reach an agreement, they're direct competitors after all...

How do you know Sakurai doesn't like Waddle Dee? If you mean that interview, he was referring to a regular one, Bandana Dee's only appearance then was in Megaton Punch minigame. (Also the bolded part :glare:)

EDIT: 1,000th post!

Last edited:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
I don't see Banjo as a top contender... Yes, some guy in Microsoft would like to see him in Smash, but I don't still think Nintendo and Microsoft could reach an agreement, they're direct competitors after all...

How do you know Sakurai doesn't like Waddle Dee? If you mean that interview, he was referring to a regular one, Bandana Dee's only appearance then was in Megaton Punch minigame. (Also the bolded part :glare:)

EDIT: 1,000th post!
I've been following polls and conducting my own, and K Rool and Banjo are consistently in the top. For example, heres a poll with 13000 votes
As far as Waddle/Bandana Dee goes, I haven't seen a single poll where he's even in the top 10. His fans are vocal, but there just are not numbers out there.

Heres a tally of popularity among several of the major smash communities
Heres a poll I conducted the other day
http://strawpoll.me/5233699/r

Currently K Rool is still a front runner, however, Banjo seems to have lost momentum.

Last edited:
Top Bottom