• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
This is not the only website about doomsday 2015 in September. If you tip in google comet September 2015 you cann see it :(
https://www.google.de/webhp?hl=de#safe=off&hl=de&q=september 2015 comet
If it existed (which it doesn't, so don't worry), it would be close enough that you could already see it with the naked eye, amongst other things.

My apologies for briefly going off-topic with this reply, but I've seen this sort of thing a million times before, and the visibility issue, at the least, bears pointing out. ;)

Honestly the idea that K. Rool will have MORE than 1 outfit is a huge stretch. I expect to see colored re-skins of HOPEFULLY a golden-belly rare re-design, that is all I'm asking and expecting.
This is all I'm expecting too, with various Kremling species' colours as the alts. That said, I do also wonder if (should K. Rool be a ballot pick) they might go the extra mile for ballot fighters, just to make them a little more special.

If the team liked doing full on "costumes" of characters I think we'd see a LOT more than naked shulk and alph.
And the Koopalings, Wario's outfits, and Little Mac's eight wireframe alts. ;) (EDIT: Ninja'd on this one!)

Personally I would've liked to have seen Masked Dedede as a cosmetic alt (no gameplay changes necessary), but that's neither here nor there. Maybe next time! :laugh:

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
If it existed (which it doesn't, so don't worry), it would be close enough that you could already see it with the naked eye, amongst other things.

My apologies for briefly going off-topic with this reply, but I've seen this sort of thing a million times before, and the visibility issue, at the least, bears pointing out. ;)

This is all I'm expecting too, with various Kremling species' colours as the alts. That said, I do also wonder if (should K. Rool be a ballot pick) they might go the extra mile for ballot fighters, just to make them a little more special.

And the Koopalings, Wario's outfits, and Little Mac's eight wireframe alts. ;)

Personally I would've liked to have seen Masked Dedede as a cosmetic alt (no gameplay changes necessary), but that's neither here nor there. Maybe next time! :laugh:
That's what I thought, if it were to hit in September, shouldn't we have already seen it. Plus the article was posted in June, wouldn't any major government have done something by now.

Back to K Rool, I expect the Kaptain costume at least.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Pretty sure they don't, where did you read it?
I don't recall now (I thought it was one of the loading screen tips, honestly), and having just checked in Training, apparently it's not so. In the initial release, I'm certain they did a percent or two more damage. How odd! I must be misremembering something somewhere along the line.

He's probably confusing it with Dark Pit.
I'm not, but see above. It's a mystery to me. :laugh:

Ah well, my apologies!

Back to K Rool, I expect the Kaptain costume at least.
I won't allow myself to expect this, but it doesn't mean that I don't really, really want it. DKC2 is one of my favourite games of all time, after all...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The asteroid's explosive impact would have nothing on the outrage from the K. Rool detractors on GameFAQs and NeoGAF if he indeed gets confirmed after this supposed "disconfirmation."

How's that for a segue?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
The asteroid's explosive impact would have nothing on the outrage from the K. Rool detractors on GameFAQs and NeoGAF if he indeed gets confirmed after this supposed "disconfirmation."

How's that for a segue?
Komet K. Rool persona konfirmed?

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, King K. Rool fans have probably heard this argument enough, but I do not believe that he will have his blunderbuss because Sakurai apparently hates real guns. I have no idea, it is super arbirtrary and he had realisitc guns in Uprising. Snake made it in with rocket launchers, and military-esque mines. I mean, Bowser Jr. even has saw blades and drills reminiscent of horror films. So it should NOT be a problem, but who knows with Sakurai. Maybe it will be a combination of that notion along with the fact that it is not one of his most prevalent tools.

I want to see it, but I just doubt he will incorporate it.
Yes, but does he hate highly comical, exaggerated fictional guns? :cool:

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
I doubt he will have any alts but Kaptain is the most likely. I'd love to see the others though. It'd look so right to see Baron using the Up B helicopter pack, Krusha using the butt smash with green waves, Kaptain shooting and getting jet propelled by the blunderbuss.Would be great.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Okay so I make one off topic post and get flagged for spam, other people post things not even related to Smash and nothing happens to them? Okay yep that was a personal attack. Back to K Rool, my bad I just wanted to point that out.

So has it been decided that the boxing gloves would be better suited for smash attacks?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Now to continue the countdown.

Other Guy 4: Gotta think, what to do, or K. Rool's chances are trhough! Keep on supporting him or else they will not add you!

First Guy: How touching! I may cry, don't you see? Do I hear three?!

Other Guys one and 2: Three! A-three! Never add him and then we'll see! Three! A-three! King K. Rool will never be!

Anyway, to those who have bought the K. Rool Mii costume, how often do you use it?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Anyway, to those who have bought the K. Rool Mii costume, how often do you use it?
Never for myself, as, though I welcome their inclusion and implementation, I don't find the Miis any fun to play as. However, I do have a couple of them outfitted with it (one of them is Mr. Bean - if any Brits have seen that recent Snickers advertisement, you may be able to guess why :laugh:), for when I feel like fighting against them. I notice that they're even more aggressive since the update, too.

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
DK 64 is really fun : it show the cruelty of the King, they're is a lot to do and explore, I love Lanky and the story is pretty good so far (I just beated the second boss) My only complaint would be the camera angle and Diddy jetpack control. Overall, this game make me want the King even more for his interpretation in it.

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
Okay so I make one off topic post and get flagged for spam, other people post things not even related to Smash and nothing happens to them? Okay yep that was a personal attack. Back to K Rool, my bad I just wanted to point that out.

So has it been decided that the boxing gloves would be better suited for smash attacks?
I would want the boxing gloves to be part of Krusha's costume like how DK's boxing gloves work in Project M. If he has any claw attacks then I'd like to see Krusha get a redesign with the claws ripping through the boxing gloves which also would show how he cheats and doesn't play fairly.

Last edited:

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
I can only imagine how you guys will change up the amazing Ridley video to fit K.Rool being added...

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Alright let's say K. Rool gets confirmed at the next event, would it be in bad taste to commandeer other threads and start posting in them like we would in this one?

Pakky

Smash Hero
Alright let's say K. Rool gets confirmed at the next event, would it be in bad taste to commandeer other threads and start posting in them like we would in this one?
No yeah that's mean, we should be happy with our victory and hope for the same luck to be passed down onto others. Except those dirty Shantae lovers, jk, I love pirate's curse.

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
No yeah that's mean, we should be happy with our victory and hope for the same luck to be passed down onto others. Except those dirty Shantae lovers, jk, I love pirate's curse.
I think K.Rool's NP status is about to change! I wish I could say the same about Ridley...

Pakky

Smash Hero
I think K.Rool's NP status is about to change! I wish I could say the same about Ridley...
Pats back, keep the faith fellow pirate our time will come, the most we can do is support or fellow seafaring reptilian pirates and hope that someday Sakurai will allow two fire breathing dragons in smash.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
This is not the only website about doomsday 2015 in September. If you tip in google comet September 2015 you cann see it :(
https://www.google.de/webhp?hl=de#safe=off&hl=de&q=september 2015 comet
Its all bull****, every time there's doomsday talk its all bull****, just ignore it, its not happening, don't believe in stupid conspiracy theories. People actually WANT the world to end so they'll have meaning in their lives. Its not to end any time soon, and don't worry about it. I know this is off-topic, but I have to stress this. ITS ALL BULL****. IGNORE IT.

How's that for a segue?
I found a great video that said the same thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DR4TRVS07M

K. Rool is the FIRST character he talks about, and not only does he say its stupid people thing he's deconfirmed, but he also wants him to confirmed as a take that to those stupid people (though he does also want K. Rool... and Isaac as well on top of that).

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Its all bull****, every time there's doomsday talk its all bull****, just ignore it, its not happening, don't believe in stupid conspiracy theories. People actually WANT the world to end so they'll have meaning in their lives. Its not to end any time soon, and don't worry about it. I know this is off-topic, but I have to stress this. ITS ALL BULL****. IGNORE IT.
^
I guarantee you if the world was going to ****ing END in a month, it'd be making a bigger impact that this.
It's always bull****.
Wouldn't be surprised to see them both get confirmed at the same time, at this point, to be quite honest.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How's that for a segue?
I can already imagine all the salt and butthurt from GameFarts GameFaqs and NeoGaf assuming K.Rool is confirmed.

They will say stuff like this:
-"Ohmag ged wai MashPotato Samurai had to put Bowzah 2 instedd of *insert random 3rd party character here*.
-"He shald have stayed es a Mee costum Y DO U DOH DHIS 2 MEH SACK OF RICE".
-"Y K.ROOL IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN *insert character with pitiful amout of ballot support here*-
-"AWW NO NAT ANETHER HEWY WEIGHT VILLAIN! BWAHHHH BWAHHHH"

Meanwhile, i will be reading all those butthurt comments and laughing like this:

So yeah, i suppose the entire planet would be inhabitable due to sheeer amount of Salt from GameFaqs and NeoGaf if K.Rool is confirmed.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
So yeah, i suppose the entire planet would be inhabitable due to sheeer amount of Salt from GameFaqs and NeoGaf if K.Rool is confirmed.
Nah, we'd just need to get some vinegar, some potatoes, and a really big oven, and we could make some snacks for eating whilst watching replays and reaction videos. :grin:

TropicalBreeze

Smash Apprentice
I had an insane dream last night that DKCR3 came out and I played the whole thing in one huge marathon. Some stuff's fuzzy but I thought you Kutthroats might enjoy it after debating all day over whether you would or wouldn't. So, this is a summary of what my diseased brain can remember.

~Donkey Kong Country : Return of The King~
So, it's a stormy night on DK Isle (the Retro version, not the Rare version). DK himself is sound asleep in his hammock, but the camera pans towards his hut's window and out towards the beach. A mysterious rowboat has washed ashore; and then a remix of this plays. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuaiKRruwac Lightning crashes, revealing K. Rool's silhouette gettting out and turning to face DK's home. The next morning, DK gets up and goes to check his nanner hoard, only to find K. Rool and Cranky trashtalking each other and preparing to duel over the hoard. DK joins Cranky and basically proceeds to win the easiest boss fight of his life (the King is oddly lethargic, coughing and sneezing often [it was sort of a tutorial level]). After the apes best him, K. Rool laments how those pesky monkeys have no business defeating a king so soundly....and his demeanor changes. He turns away from the Kongs (Diddy and Dixie [more commonly known as the only one you'll ever use] are here, too. Can't remember how or why, but whatever) for a moment and thinks before snapping his scaly fingers, turning to the group and laughing (DK64 style). He says something like 'maybe you mammals are just what I needed' and dumps some exposition on them. After Fredrik had his blubbery behind handed to him by DK, he started looking for another island to call home, eventually stumbling upon the resurrected Crocodile Isle, booting most of the Kremlings off, and claiming it for his own. K. Rool and the Kremling Krew have been sailing the high seas for weeks, and are very low on supplies; naturally, K. Rool recalled DK's banana hoard, and thought DK Isle would be a great place to...er, resupply. The King himself decided to go ashore alone and try to negotiate (or something?). Anyway, blah, blah, stuff I can't recall (except Dixie is all snarky during the exchange and constantly chewing bubblegum and blowing bubbles and it's awesome), but it's eventually decided that the Kongs will reinvade Crocodile Isle with The Kremlings' help to oust the Snowmads. K. Rool takes them back to his galleon, opens the hold to reveal the Flying Krock, which they ride over Crocodile Isle (during the flight, Klump gives you a tutorial on how to play if you need it and it's so ****ing cool) and parachute down. K. Rool and a small force of Kremlings follow the Kongs, and the REAL game begins.

The actual game is more or less a modern, fairly revamped, stretched out version of DKC2 with Snowmads as the enemies de jour and patches of ice and stuff in places. The shops though? Those were amazing. There were two in every world: Funky's Flights, which sold balloons, banana juice, barrels, those ball toys, and Squawks, and Klubba's Kiosk, which sold keys to secret levels like in Returns, all the weird balloons from Tropical Freeze, crash guards, and the super guide, which is actually K. Rool showing you how to navigate all the more treacherous areas of the island. Most of the bosses were rematches from Tropical Freeze, and the rocketbarrel levels....um, I actually can't remember most of them. I know the one before the final boss showed the Flying Krock and the giant Snowmad ship blasting away at each other, raining down bits of debris and enemies to serve as obstacles (also, the Snowmad ship fires snowballs at you and the Flying Krock occasionally shoots a heart at you). Anyway, the Snowmad ship is downed and crashes on the highest point of Crocodile Isle; DK flies the rocketbarrel into it and sees Fredrik's shadow looming near a throne. He rushes over, and...it's a puppet. Like, a really, REALLY bad puppet with button eyes, bananas for tusks, oven mitts for hands, and a sack of flour for a gut. It's hilarious. Anyway, K. Rool appears grinning from behind a curtain with more plot. We see a flashback of Gangplank Galleon pulling up next to the Snowmad ship; Fredrik and K. Rool have a conversation that went something like this:
"Leåve us åløne. We've just been beåten by å dumb mönkey in å tie."
"....A monkey with a tie, you say?" K. Rool's eye bulges. "By any chance, was that monkey's name...Donkey Kong?"

So, basically, the two teamed up to distract DK and co on Crocodile Isle while the bulk of the Kremlings stole the banana hoard and Fred and some Snowmads recaptured DK Isle. DK doesn't get it, so K. Rool dumbs it down for him (I actually remember this word for word):
"Bananas go bye-bye"
At this, DK beats his chest and starts the real boss battle vs K. Rool. He throws his crown, bunny hops, shoots wacky gas and spiked kannonballs from his blunderbuss...it's great. DK beats him, and he flees to DK Island for more assistance. When you catch him, you're treated to a brilliant tag team boss battle where a third is K. Rool battling you while Fred shoots some ice dragons, another third is Fred battling you while K. Rool pulls a Dumb Drum out and dumps klaptraps and stuff on you (when he's gotten sick of those spiky kannonballs), and the final third has the two kings fighting you at the same time, only to fail, get launched off DK Isle, slam into Crocodile Isle (which starts sinking....again...) and the Snowmad ship, and credits.

....words cannot describe how disappointed I was when I woke up this morning. Also, looking back at it, it seems sort of like the plot to a DK RPG or something. I dunno. Thought you guys might enjoy it.

Edit: the Supreme Kommander BKupa liked this post. I can die a happy man. :D

Also, when the puppet of Fred is revealed, a really janky harmonica remix of homecoming hijinx plays. Maybe that was why I found it so funny.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
So, who is K. Rools greatest competitor? Isaac?
I honestly don't think this ballot is fit for asking who someone's biggest competitor is (unless you are of course a third party). I mean at the end of the day, the characters are hand picked. Popularity helps so if anyone, I guess its Isaac, but it can also be Wolf and Dixie.

Top Bottom