• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Bananija

Count of Trickery
The death battle is out get hype!

1. DK! Donkey Kong!
2. I feared that they used DK "hair weakness" to make him lose.
3. Expected to hear DK cartoon voice and a song
4. DK model is ugly, like really ugly.
5. Loved the comedic minecart moment.
It even makes this design look amazing in comparison...

Agreed. Is DK a mermape in this?

Last edited:

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
I think that Dr. Mario was separated from Mario more because they didn't want to do a disservice to Melee fans rather than his doctor and plumber/hero personas conflicting with each other. Which makes his case not relevant to the perceived issue of K. Rool's various weapons not fitting in the same moveset, especially when characters like Duck Hunt, Villager, Pac-Man and Mega Man use multiple items in their moveset.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The idea behind Dr. Mario is that he became a clone in Melee partly because "it would be weird to see Dr. Mario throwing fireballs." Let's hope that Sakurai doesn't have an even sillier reservation against K. Rool wielding his blunderbuss while dressed as King and not Kaptain.

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
It is quite silly. Several characters already in the roster are amalgamations of their different appearances in different games.

Mario's cape was used in what, one game?

Not having the blunderbuss in K. Rool's moveset because "it was only used by the Kaptain persona" would be extremely stupid. I mean, when did the Koopalings turn into Shadow Mario? And Ness and Lucas didn't use most of their special moves in their games either.
If they can take moves from other characters, why can't K. Rool take moves from a character that is actually him in a different oufit?

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Now to continue the countdown 1000 pages if you don't mind.

Other Guy 3. Let's go, K. Rool fans, show why he's the man. So do something, shown why the king just isn't nothing!
TWO! And you, it's your cue, whatcha gonna do?

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Not having the blunderbuss in K. Rool's moveset because "it was only used by the Kaptain persona" would be extremely stupid. I mean, when did the Koopalings turn into Shadow Mario? And Ness and Lucas didn't use most of their special moves in their games either.
If they can take moves from other characters, why can't K. Rool take moves from a character that is actually him in a different oufit?
Didn't K.Rool's Brawl trophy indicate he considers Kaptain K.Rool a different character to King K.Rool? Or was that just a translation error?

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
The idea behind Dr. Mario is that he became a clone in Melee partly because "it would be weird to see Dr. Mario throwing fireballs." Let's hope that Sakurai doesn't have an even sillier reservation against K. Rool wielding his blunderbuss while dressed as King and not Kaptain.
Yeah but that was because he already used pills and tornado in Melee. Actually, if he wasn't in Melee, I doubt he would've even been considered as an alt.
I can only think of another one character that got in or was excluded because of strict observance of canon, :4darkpit:, and he was created by samurai himself. Meanwhile, we've countless examples of characters defying canon in some way(:4larry::4ganondorf::4jigglypuff::4lucas::4ness::4peach::4pit::rosalina::4alph::4lucario::4zelda:on top of my head)

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Yeah but that was because he already used pills and tornado in Melee. Actually, if he wasn't in Melee, I doubt he would've even been considered as an alt.
I can only think of another one character that got in or was excluded because of strict observance of canon, :4darkpit:, and he was created by samurai himself. Meanwhile, we've countless examples of characters defying canon in some way(:4larry::4ganondorf::4jigglypuff::4lucas::4ness::4peach::4pit::rosalina::4alph::4lucario::4zelda:on top of my head)
It was before Melee too, in a response to one of the emails Sakurai received in the 64 days. That, and "one of the staff members liked the Dr. Mario theme" were why he became a clone in the first place.

Morbi

Scavenger
Honestly, King K. Rool fans have probably heard this argument enough, but I do not believe that he will have his blunderbuss because Sakurai apparently hates real guns. I have no idea, it is super arbirtrary and he had realisitc guns in Uprising. Snake made it in with rocket launchers, and military-esque mines. I mean, Bowser Jr. even has saw blades and drills reminiscent of horror films. So it should NOT be a problem, but who knows with Sakurai. Maybe it will be a combination of that notion along with the fact that it is not one of his most prevalent tools.

I want to see it, but I just doubt he will incorporate it.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Honestly, King K. Rool fans have probably heard this argument enough, but I do not believe that he will have his blunderbuss because Sakurai apparently hates real guns. I have no idea, it is super arbirtrary and he had realisitc guns in Uprising. Snake made it in with rocket launchers, and military-esque mines. I mean, Bowser Jr. even has saw blades and drills reminiscent of horror films. So it should NOT be a problem, but who knows with Sakurai. Maybe it will be a combination of that notion along with the fact that it is not one of his most prevalent tools.

I want to see it, but I just doubt he will incorporate it.
The problem is the blunderbuss isn't a real or realistic gun at all. It simply is not a realistic gun, so there's no logical explanation as to why he'd skip it. His problem is with REALISTIC guns, namely, the likes of what Snake would use. He won't give Sheik knives/daggers either. Apparently its something to do with him not wanting kids to mimic the characters, so he doesn't want the characters to have weapons they could actually find in the real world.

Frankly, I think he WOULD be given the blunderbuss and in fact used it for a majority of his moveset rather than it only being one small part of it.

EDIT: Swords still exist even today, but they're not common place at all. He also doesn't have problems with cannonballs due to Bowser Jr. I see no reason he'd have any problems with the blunderbuss.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Isn't there supposed to be a Famitsu article today? If so, let's hope it does not deconfirm King K Rool.

Last edited:

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
Haha thanks for the welcome!!!! And yeh it's hard to tell if he does or not... Hopefully he takes it in consideration because it gives a better, in depth look at the fans perspective.

But ever since I saw the cannon ball launch in the cinematic for brawl where Petey Piranha came out of the smoke (unfortunately), I've wanted K.Rool in!!

https://youtu.be/bcrUkAjUvIU
Did anyone else think it was K.Rool in this vid? I voted right when the ballot came out and I did again about a month ago, for shatz and giggles, but we will see.
Makes no sence! Why would Peter launch a cannon ball? I smell a conspiracy!

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
didnt it come out a few days ago and had nothing relevant to this update?
That was last week's Famitsu. I think as BKupa has said before, the article tends to be leaked two days before it actually comes out (Friday), so I am just hoping Sakurai mentions nothing related to deconfirming.

Last edited:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
That was last week's Famitsu. I think as BKupa has said before, the article tends to be leaked two days before it actually comes out (Friday), so I am just hoping Sakurai mentions nothing related to deconfirming.
I still dont know why people are worried. K Rool is just as much deconfirmed as Lucas and Mewtwo were for having trophies....and Wario for being an Alt of Mario..... and Toon Link/DK/Duck Hunt/Villager for being in a stage....and Lucas for Ness having his alt specials......and Roy and Wolf for being a third version of another character

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I still dont know why people are worried. K Rool is just as much deconfirmed as Lucas and Mewtwo were for having trophies....and Wario for being an Alt of Mario..... and Toon Link/DK/Duck Hunt/Villager for being in a stage....and Lucas for Ness having his alt specials......and Roy and Wolf for being a third version of another character
It's not that I'm worried, honestly, but rather others may be worried, which was why I had asked. But yeah, you make a good point regardless.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Other than the obvious K. Rool I think It'd be really interesting to see Krystal as a newcomer in Wolf's place. Just look how cute she is. Only reason I'm bringing this up here is becasue Wolf is the "auto-lock" for like everyone as dlc. K. Rool is the only one I care for but seeing her as a newcomer would be <3

Pakky

Smash Hero
Other than the obvious K. Rool I think It'd be really interesting to see Krystal as a newcomer in Wolf's place. Just look how cute she is. Only reason I'm bringing this up here is becasue Wolf is the "auto-lock" for like everyone as dlc. K. Rool is the only one I care for but seeing her as a newcomer would be <3
There's a general DLC section for that. Back to Rool please. For example how is the crown toss going to be handled if he changes outfits?

Last edited:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
While Im all for Krystal sharing a slot in the roster, I feel she shouldnt be there before Wolf. Wolf has senority, veteran status, villain/rival status, and hes in the upcoming game. I wonder if Krystal will appear in any new star fox games in the future, now that its rebooted.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
For example how is the crown toss going to be handled if he changes outfits?
Same animation, the crown just appears from nowhere.

Like how when you select hoodie Mac, he does the same animation but just keeps the hoodie. Kirby will probably get the same hat no matter which K. Rool he copies too, like with Wario.

Coolforkrool

Smash Rookie
For example how is the crown toss going to be handled if he changes outfits?
Maybe instead of a crown, it'll be a pirate hat? Or maybe a lab beaker? Depending on the costume, maybe the aspects of the item thrown will change Ex. Heavier, throw pattern, damage done, etc.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Maybe instead of a crown, it'll be a pirate hat? Or maybe a lab beaker? Depending on the costume, maybe the aspects of the item thrown will change Ex. Heavier, throw pattern, damage done, etc.
I'm one of those who would prefer that every version of the crown toss be the same. Makes for simplicity.

That is a disturbing avatar.

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
Any change that isn't merely aesthetic would make Kaptain and Baron their own characters. This is how Lucina, Pittoo and Dr. Mario became their own characters.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Got my entry for the photo-contest done, too!

2 Rivals finally on the same shore?

Coolforkrool

Smash Rookie
Any change that isn't merely aesthetic would make Kaptain and Baron their own characters. This is how Lucina, Pittoo and Dr. Mario became their own characters.
True, in that case, maybe they'll just make him like they did Wario with different outfits and the same moveset. I mean they could just use one costume for all I care! But it would be cool to see them all.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
But don't the arrows of the Dark Link alt behave slightly differently? And he wasn't spun out into his own slot...

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Honestly the idea that K. Rool will have MORE than 1 outfit is a huge stretch. I expect to see colored re-skins of HOPEFULLY a golden-belly rare re-design, that is all I'm asking and expecting. If the team liked doing full on "costumes" of characters I think we'd see a LOT more than naked shulk and alph.

Last edited:

König Nickerchen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoenigNickerchen
Warning Received
Last edited:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Last edited:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
What about all the Koopalings???
I assumed everyone knew there were A FEW more for individual characters but only named the ones off the top I could think of. And the koopas are a special situation as all of them INDIVIDUALLY have been relevant since the NES as "koopa kids" like bowser jr. The point is there could be many more if they took the time investment into costumes specifically but that's just not how it works, especially for dlc as it seems. So completely different situation than K. Rool who was in ONE game each a different role. Minus the gameboy advance remakes ofc

Last edited:

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
So while I was at the Philadelphia Airport yesterday on my way home from vacation I was checking Street pass on my 3DS, and I believe I found a fellow Kutthroat; as one of the Miis had #KrocTheVote as their greeting (it sucls that I didn't have mine set to that sooner.) It's just crazy to me to think that I may have easily walked by or sat next to a fellow Kutthroat and not even known it!

Top Bottom