• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Bad news, my Wii U charger has officially broke...:urg::(:scared:

This charger went through a lot, such as my cat cutting it open which somehow caused it to not work, so I had to fix it by putting tape over the cut, and that somehow fixed it.

But three weeks ago, the charger would not work unless the Gamepad was upside down or if the connector was jiggled around enough, and now it doesn't work at all. But I know why.

You see, I have a huge fear of the dark, so once I go to bed, I set the Wii U to the internet to listen and/or slightly watch movies on Youtube (Sonic OVA to be specific) and it helps me sleep a lot. The Wii U Gamepad would be set up on the top of the drawer but the plug would be at the floor, so the charger's wire would get bent.

It's been a long time doing this (two years I believe), and the wire has been bent so much that the internal wiring snapped open or something, and there is nothing I can do about it.

So, I can't play any games on the Wii U and I'll probably never sleep until I get a new charger.
:sadeyes:
A ctually, same here :(

I will get a new one from ebay soon :)

Awakining

Smash Apprentice

And you can make anyone you want: did your character not get in? Just make a Mii of it as a best case scenario.
I can kind of see where you are coming from, but this might not have been the best place to post that :p.
Unpopular opinion: I would prefer Cranky over Dixie.
I would as well. Cranky has more potential, IMO, as a spear fighter and/or utilizing simple throwbacks to the original DK arcade game, while Dixie seems more likely to be a semi/demi-clone to me.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I thought that it would have something to do about DLC as a whole, yes not 100% about K Rool but it could have something to do with his chances right?
I quoted it and responded to it in the Isaac thread, but since you insist...

In general, no. They're just releasing as many classic games as possible. We've now got literally EVERY game with K. Rool as the main antagonist on the Wii U (though there's still a couple of games where K. Rool appeared, but wasn't specifically the "main antagonist" since Barrel Blast doesn't have a story). We'll probably also get Dark Dawn later on as a Wii U Virtual Console title, and it, too, will mean nothing (unless, say, they announce its coming after they announce Golden Sun 4).

D

Deleted member

I thought that it would have something to do about DLC as a whole, yes not 100% about K Rool but it could have something to do with his chances right?
not sure what you're on about but if this is about slots there are definitely more then one this really has nothing to do with K.Rool.
In general, no. They're just releasing as many classic games as possible.
this. they released Ocarina of time 64 on wii u even though we got a remake on 3ds.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
not sure what you're on about but if this is about slots there are definitely more then one this really has nothing to do with K.Rool.
this. they released Ocarina of time 64 on wii u even though we got a remake on 3ds.
To be fair, there's a huge different between a game on a handheld and on a console. I think a lot of people may prefer playing OOT on console than on handheld. Likewise, Xenoblade Chronicles is coming for Wii U even though 3D was just released for the new 3DS.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I was referring to Hoopa by the way, but K. Rool has grown more popular in Miiverse when the costume was revealed.
You're telling me
Every time I take a trip to the Miiverse stage as DK, Diddy or the Mii Brawler, there's always atleast 5 King K. posts to be seen
They're everywhere, I tells ya :drshrug:

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
Could someome please post a picture of K. Rool saying "i'm surrounded by fools" so i can save it for future use? I can't use Youtube rn.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Not good news in that it affects K. Rool's chances, but in that it keeps him in the running at all, which is about as much as anyone can hope for at the moment.
Well to me, good news would have been a comment alleviating a concern that a Mii Fighter costume is in lieu of a playable character.

Him not commenting on the situation at all is a little odd. Although he apparently made a statement about "competitive" fans need to stop complaining. It sounds like a bit of a shot at people complaining at K. Rool, though that's up to interpretation I guess.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Was the "competitive fans" bit from Sakurai himself or from the Chris Pranger podcast? Because I've seen people mix the two up, and there was a chunk in the podcast about how "Sakurai is sensitive to fan criticism and become sad when people are unhappy with his vision." There was a big discussion about that in here a few pages back.

Side note, I'm going to ask that we try to stay more on topic in the coming pages. We're nearing 1,000 pages that have been mostly dedicated to good discussion about K. Rool, but things have taken a turn toward things like DeviantArt and other characters' chances since the costume got shown. Our character is the one who needs all the focus he can get these next two months, so let's band together and ensure that happens.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
It's because of you guys, I've become addicted to the Donkey Kong TV Show songs.

I don't know if I should hate you, or thank you.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Was the "competitive fans" bit from Sakurai himself or from the Chris Pranger podcast? Because I've seen people mix the two up, and there was a chunk in the podcast about how "Sakurai is sensitive to fan criticism and become sad when people are unhappy with his vision." There was a big discussion about that in here a few pages back.

Side note, I'm going to ask that we try to stay more on topic in the coming pages. We're nearing 1,000 pages that have been mostly dedicated to good discussion about K. Rool, but things have taken a turn toward things like DeviantArt and other characters' chances since the costume got shown. Our character is the one who needs all the focus he can get these next two months, so let's band together and ensure that happens.
I really cant tell you how much i want him in at this point even though i may not be so enthusiastic and vocal as others about expressing my love for K.Rool but my need for him grows everyday and if he doesnt get in im pretty much done with this game...not as in im gonna boycott this game its great but with so limited online options already and on top of that just recently picked up DDD since i been maining Ganon religously since release but out of boredom more precise lack of characters i want to play as....
Its just Ganon and DDD....
Its not gonna last.

Its ridiculous that a game with 50+ chars and i still feel like that...it just shows how bad Heavyweight and Villian lovers are neglected were as the female smash crowd got their wish this smash added so many female chars and even the HypeGasm 3rd party people got their wish with so many iconic none nintendo characters to play as...

It really does feel like everyone got their fix except our or my...portion...

I dont know what to say RealTalk..
Ridley didnt get in so i dont know what to say...

I am a huge Gears of War fan so when Ultimate edition hits on 28th this month i wont come back to smash for a very long time if not at all if K.Rool doesnt get added...i expecially more so with Halo 5 this year also...

I badly wanna start making a ''Dirty Day K.Rool''
Series like my DDD & Ganon series...
I know this is more of a personal descion thing so it doesnt effect anyone but me but...i dunno...its how i feel and how much K.Rool getting or not getting in is gonna effect Sm4sh for me so i guess its a expression of my love and need for him so its kinda i dunno...relevant..

RealTalk

D

Deleted member

It's because of you guys, I've become addicted to the Donkey Kong TV Show songs.

I don't know if I should hate you, or thank you.
Every time i hear the phrase "One of us", i can't help but think of this song:
I swear, i heard this song over 20 times.

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
**** YOU NINTENDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, if your are a xenoblade fan in America...forget it.

I really cant tell you how much i want him in at this point even though i may not be so enthusiastic and vocal as others about expressing my love for K.Rool but my need for him grows everyday and if he doesnt get in im pretty much done with this game...not as in im gonna boycott this game its great but with so limited online options already and on top of that just recently picked up DDD since i been maining Ganon religously since release but out of boredom more precise lack of characters i want to play as....
Its just Ganon and DDD....
Its not gonna last.

Its ridiculous that a game with 50+ chars and i still feel like that...it just shows how bad Heavyweight and Villian lovers are neglected were as the female smash crowd got their wish this smash added so many female chars and even the HypeGasm 3rd party people got their wish with so many iconic none nintendo characters to play as...

It really does feel like everyone got their fix except our or my...portion...

I dont know what to say RealTalk..
Ridley didnt get in so i dont know what to say...

I am a huge Gears of War fan so when Ultimate edition hits on 28th this month i wont come back to smash for a very long time if not at all if K.Rool doesnt get added...i expecially more so with Halo 5 this year also...

I badly wanna start making a ''Dirty Day K.Rool''
Series like my DDD & Ganon series...
I know this is more of a personal descion thing so it doesnt effect anyone but me but...i dunno...its how i feel and how much K.Rool getting or not getting in is gonna effect Sm4sh for me so i guess its a expression of my love and need for him so its kinda i dunno...relevant..

RealTalk
At least we still got DeDeDe and Ganondorf. I'm still upset from them cutting Wolf. Here is one of Nintendos big villains and then suddenly they cut him from the new Smash. Not cool.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Sakurai not saying anything is about as good a sign as we will get. Directly saying the costumes don't exclude characters from getting in as full newcomers would be a bit too on-the-nose: it would be a pretty unambiguous acknowledgment of K. Rool. Even if they hadn't decided which DLC characters to work on, it would in a sense "ruin the surprise" if they did end up picking him.

It's unrealistic to think they would ever do that. At this point, the silence at least suggests the consideration continues.

The inverse happening -- Sakurai "deconfirming" K.Rool -- seems more likely (if it is really true). Mostly because it has happened already (like with Chrom). Furthermore, if they were really using the Mii costumes as consolation prizes, that would mean they have taken a final decision on the character. The issue of tying up their hands or spoiling a surprise wouldn't be present.

Like BKupa said, K. Rool is currently notable enough to comment on. Despite the ambiguity, lack of comment is encouraging.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
A ctually, same here :(

I will get a new one from ebay soon :)
Due to all the lethal fakes around, I really wouldn't suggest buying a charger of any sort from eBay. When my Wii U GamePad's charger snuffed it recently (yeah, mine too :laugh:), I hopped onto Amazon and got a USB one to plug into a known-good USB-enabled plug that I already had. If you search for "Fosmon Wii U USB charge cable" (without the quotes) on either the UK or US Amazon sites, it should be the first result.

It's a lot higher in quality than the wire on the official charger.

Well, no news is good news for us. When Chrom got shot down last July, his omission was explained in detail in Famitsu just a few days later. When our character is as popular if not moreso than Chrom and yet goes unexplained, it's enough to make you wonder why that's the case if he's supposedly "out of the running." And the why possibly is that, well, he's not.

To add onto that, if this costume were somehow viewed as an "acceptance compromise" or a "consolation prize" for the fans, you'd think they'd try connecting it to the ballot somehow to "prove" they're listening. "You voted for him so here he is...as a costume for you personally to wear around!"
Sorry, this is only tenuously related, but speaking of the costume, Nintendo of America issued a press release today about this week's eShop downloadables, and they didn't mention the K. Rool costume at all. All that's said is this;

Super Smash Bros. DLC – Fans of the Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U games can now add even more fun with several free updates and new DLC for purchase on both versions. Free updates include a K.K. Slider costume for Mii Fighters, plus new Community Tournament and Regular Tournament modes and the ability to upload saved replays to YouTube. Players can also purchase new Mii Fighter costumes, from Samus’ Armor to an SSB-logo Hoodie, as well as Peach’s Castle and Hyrule Castle stages from the original Nintendo 64 version of the game. For full details, visit http://www.smashbros.com/us/.
It probably means nothing, but I couldn't help but notice it nonetheless, hence the mention.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Anyone remember when that guy on Reddit mentioned the Jungle Japes song for K. Rool in the Mii trailer didn't match any of the versions in Smash? Did anyone ever test that to see?

While easily it could absolutely nothing at all, it is interesting to think that out of the like what 6 or so versions of JJ in the game they used some other remix. The guy was saying it could be for a new DK stage. It wouldn't be the first time Nintendo accidentally put something into a video that inadvertently "leaks" something. It could be indicative of a DK stage for DLC. While we could easily say "great another version of JJ...." Maybe it could be part of a DKC medley by a Mr. Wise perhaps???

Last edited:
Top Bottom