• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
for me, i just finished the k.rool boss in dk king of swing...this game is HARD.. thanks virutal console load point,
without that, not sure that I would have finished it.

NEXT : DK jungle climber.

i see many bad reviews for theses games but Wow, it's actually fun :D

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I actually recommend DK64. But do be prepared if you're the type to 100% games. This one's a doozy. Otherwise though, super enjoyable, IMO.

On the subject of K.Rool's 'if he was revealed now' thing, I agree with the notion he'd be super hype now. Due to the costume, and the general worry and 'deconfirmed' nonsense floating about.
going tbh, I expected to have trouble to 101% dk64.....

And I didn't really. I do feel the minigames are all too easy though....really I didn;t really find the game much difficult.

When I played it 10 years ago however......that;s another thing (it traumatized me).

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
for me, i just finished the k.rool boss in dk king of swing...this game is HARD.. thanks virutal console load point,

I suspect that some went in expecting them to be something quite different from what they actually are, as they're solid, fun games.

Although I found Xananab to be unbelievably annoying.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
I actually recommend DK64. But do be prepared if you're the type to 100% games. This one's a doozy. Otherwise though, super enjoyable, IMO.

On the subject of K.Rool's 'if he was revealed now' thing, I agree with the notion he'd be super hype now. Due to the costume, and the general worry and 'deconfirmed' nonsense floating about.
I really like DK64! Sure it's tiresome after a while, but I think that depends which kind of player you are.. For those who like Banjo-Kazooie, it's a solid game. =)... I wish that Retro could do one of these for us; Just seeing how incredible was the environment in Tropical Freeze with different camera angles, make me wish even more a fully 3D DK platform made by them. :3
1. Good music if you love the Banjo-Kazooie games.
2. Fun cut scenes with K. Rool
3. The Kremlings show so much character even more compared to the original dkc trilogy.
4. Awesome unique bosses other than K. Rool(Armydillo, Dogadon, and Mad Jack were my favorite)
5. Challenging levels and minigames.
+
Those are my reasons for reccommending it.
So 3 tell me to buy it.

DK64 can wait. it's not going anywhere, smash dlc so far bleeds one of funds(even if you only get stages and characters!), and i honestly can't recommend dk64 for any reason except for it's final boss
Yeah, K. Rool's portrayal in DK64 is one of the few things I can wholeheartedly endorse. Not a big fan of the game otherwise.
And 2 that K.Rool is the only awesome thing about it...

I will wait for more opinion...

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I've actually been wanting another DK game like DK64, I enjoyed it more than any of the other DKC games I've played though don't get me wrong they are good games too. But DK64 was the first game in the series I ever played and made me love all the kong and kremling characters. Plus, I love a little puzzle solving as well.
I think we have room for both genres; --but I want, first of all, that Retro finish their DKC trilogy, then, for a big change go to 3D platform; ~but I'll trust that, whatever they have in the pipeline, will be good. =P

It's a pretty cool game; I like it more than King of Swing;

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
DK64 is a really fun game. I'd recommend it if you're looking for a vast 3D platformer akin to Banjo-Kazooie, and it's certainly a game for one who wants to complete everything.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So 3 tell me to buy it.

And 2 that K.Rool is the only awesome thing about it...

I will wait for more opinion...
People like to complain about it because it's all about collecting. It's one of the most fully filled worlds and people **** on it for that.

I'M not saying the game is perfect but if you like Banjo and you like DK then this game IS ****ing perfect for you.

Last edited:

dkkrang95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
strongkong95
Sooo... it may sound like a stupid question but...
Should I buy DK 64 or wait to see if there is any big DLC coming for Smash?
You should get DK64, Beaver Bother aside, there's not much to complain about when it comes to DK64, the game's fun and there's some good music.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
going tbh, I expected to have trouble to 101% dk64.....

And I didn't really. I do feel the minigames are all too easy though....really I didn;t really find the game much difficult.

When I played it 10 years ago however......that;s another thing (it traumatized me).
People like to complain about it because it's all about collecting. It's one of the most fully filled worlds and people **** on it for that.

I'M not saying the game is perfect but if you like Banjo and you like DK then this game IS ****ing perfect for you.
You should get DK64, Beaver Bother aside, there's not much to complain about when it comes to DK64, the game's fun and there's some good music.
Get DK64.

More that tell me to buy it...

Still gonna wait a bit more to see...

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

Everyone else has basically said why.
I actually didn't, but I could :)

I realised that today and as a kid, I loved that game because of a thing I experienced in wind waker, you feel so small in a giant sandbox.

Because there is just so much to do on every level it never seems to end and altough it is a VERY recurring pattern, it never felt it.

Oh and the music is actually very awesome, hideout helm gets me every time :)

Really loved that game :)

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
I absolutely love DK64, it being a huge game with all sorts of loot to collect and challenges to overcome. 64 is the game that gives the absolute best personality to the Kremlings and their King as well in my opinion, with the comedic little cutscenes they get between each level.
I definitely recommend it, though 101% is a pretty big undertaking, hah.

To this day, the one thing standing between me and 101% in DK64 is five bananas. FIVE. RED. BANANAS. They're hiding somewhere in Creepy Castle, and no matter how long I scour the place I can't find 'em...

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
More that tell me to buy it...

Still gonna wait a bit more to see...
I don't think we will get anything smash-related that fast after the two stages and the costumes.
So, if you think you have enough money to buy something smash-related, let's say, next month, I'd recommend you to buy DK64.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
I'm a fan of Tiny too, wish she and Chunky would come back, though she's only been missing since Super Sluggers... they same period of time as K.Rool XD

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Really? It won't let me online, even though I "have" the update. >_<
I played some matches literally some seconds ago; Lots of people with buckets and clothes from that Squid-Girl from an Anime (I really don't know nothing about this); .. =P [but too OFF topic, I guess? ]

Last edited:

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
My idea of the perfect K. Rool reveal trailer: DK and Diddy are running away from something, flash backs of their old adventures in the original DKC, large shadow engulfs them, they look up in horror, the large creature slams downward on to the floor in front of the duo, a glimpse of its eyes and a villainous smile, K. Rool Crushes the Competition, gameplay... more gameplay... Final smash... DK and Diddy run away once more, K. Rool remains still smiling and begins to chase them, end scene...
interesting. I would do something like this.. The trailer would be the whole fake out credits from DKC. They first show the mii costume for king k rool being defeated and really getting his butt beaten. Then when he looses the fight he looks to be dead. All of the sudden "these random credits start to scroll down slowly. When there done, the last words you see are 'The end?" The costume gets up but then gets punched super hard flying in the air. Then we see a big foot, cuts to a giant swollen eye, and there we see the real king.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
I played some matches literally some seconds ago; Lots of people with buckets and clothes from that Squid-Girl from an Anime (I really don't know nothing about this); .. =P [but too OFF topic, I guess? ]
Sadly my internet isn't strong enough to support splatoon :( stupid satellite internet

On another note, meant to say I like Tiny's redesign

D

Deleted member

Regarding DK64, im gonna get hated by this but:
Are you sure you wanna read this?
Really sure?
There you go
I played it for a while, and it didn't hold on my interest for very long. It was too overwhelming and tiresome to get all the stuff and didn't feel that enjoyable to me. I haven't even beat it yet.

The music and characterization are the only things i like about the game and the only things that make look foward to what this game has to offer.

One day i may pick up the game again and give it another chance, but not today.

Im not saying that DK64 is a bad or anything like that, it's just that i didn't excactly enjoyed it.

If you love DK64, the more power to you. I just wish i could love it as well, but i can't.

Last edited by a moderator:

Morbi

Scavenger
I absolutely love DK64, it being a huge game with all sorts of loot to collect and challenges to overcome. 64 is the game that gives the absolute best personality to the Kremlings and their King as well in my opinion, with the comedic little cutscenes they get between each level.
I definitely recommend it, though 101% is a pretty big undertaking, hah.

To this day, the one thing standing between me and 101% in DK64 is five bananas. FIVE. RED. BANANAS. They're hiding somewhere in Creepy Castle, and no matter how long I scour the place I can't find 'em...
That is great. I wanted Donkey Kong 64 for awhile just to learn a little bit more about King K. Rool. But I was not sure if he played a meaningful role in the title. I only really know him from Donkey Kong Country though, so I figured it could not hurt.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
I really like DK64! Sure it's tiresome after a while, but I think that depends which kind of player you are.. For those who like Banjo-Kazooie, it's a solid game. =)... I wish that Retro could do one of these for us; Just seeing how incredible was the environment in Tropical Freeze with different camera angles, make me wish even more a fully 3D DK platform made by them. :3
I dunno. i love Banjo kazooie but DK64 just really wore me down. i mean, at the start i was digging it but then with the endless collecting, all the switching, awkward level design/collectable layouts(really got tired of following a trail of bananas with one kong only to be lead somewhere it turns out i can't do anything with that kong in), and controls that felt bafflingly unpolished compared to their previous work. Honestly after about halfway through the game just felt like a chore to me. I do have to say that the bossses were definitely the highlight for me. digged the literal dragonfly boss, king kutout, mad jack, and ofcourse the final boxing match in particular but other then that i just.. found it a slog.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I want to hack into every channel ever and play this video to everyone watching TV ever

StormC

Smash Hero
I enjoyed DK64 as a kid but coming back to it recently I found it to be pretty bloated and disorganized. It's not really comparable to Banjo-Kazooie since the worlds in that game are small and rarely take long to complete (most under an hour if you know what you're doing), whereas DK64 has a lot more back-and-forth and micromanagement. Tooie has that as well, to a lesser extent. It also has a fairly superficial resemblance to the actual DKC games in gameplay, so there's that.

It's fun to watch glitchy speedruns of though.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
So are we just gonna live in fear every Wednesday until the ballot ends? (And even after that?)

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
If this is all Famitsu is giving out in this issue, I wonder if Sakurai was unavailable to be interviewed at the time.

Last edited:

cothero

Smash Lord
Hey guys, i've made some changes in Artsy Omni's render to match more with the Rare style, which will probably be his appearance:

I darkened his skin and widened his crown, in addition to the golden belly. Here's the comparison to the original render:

Last edited:
Top Bottom