• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Lunatros

Smash Cadet
I just looked at the Nintendo UK page on twitter. I'm pretty sure that they are FULLY aware of the King's popularity.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
In other news, if you see a green DK on FG with the tag "VOTEKROOL", that could be me. :-)

spreading the word, folks
We played each other earlier today. I kept saying Don't Worry KRooliscomn and vote Ridley. Good games. You got that pivot off stage down pat.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Playing doubles Diddy/Lankey would be EMMENSLEY hype. I genuinely want lanky now. His dash attack, forward air, neutral b, down b, and neutral air could be taken RIGHT from Dk64. Heck his up B too. I'm putting this together in my head way too well.:090:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I just looked at the Nintendo UK page on twitter. I'm pretty sure that they are FULLY aware of the King's popularity.

This is DEFINITELY intended. There's almost no arguing that.
Counterargument: But mario and luigi are also in the picture and this is just to show off a dlc costume

StormC

Smash Hero
I keep checking back in here to make sure there's not an explosion of new pages that would be indicative of Famitsu scans gone horribly, horribly wrong.
This is me every day. I always live in fear. It's how I roll.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Dixie missed the biggest DKC game to date, the original. But unlike Rool, she was the co-protagonist of two DKC games ( Rool only showed up at the end). She fell off after that, however. Didn't show up at all in 64 (Rool did of course), which was bigger than DKC2 and 3. But showed up in some Mario spin offs later. And of course, TF. I would say they are about the same. I don't think the difference is that big, if any. I think they are both modestly known among gamers.

But there's no real way to know. Probably just some overzealous dixie supporter/K. Rool detractor.
Why was Tiny in DK64 instead of Dixie,?

CelerinaTheJackrabbit

Smash Cadet
So one thing I've noticed is everyone often states K.Rool's Crown Throw would be his Side Special. And while it certainly works as such... I dunno. It seems a little odd. Plus, he has plenty of other little things that'd work as side b too. Like his Blunderbuss slide.

Now, I was just pondering it... but what if his side-smash was the crown toss instead? Giving him one of those ranged ones like :4megaman: and :4miigun: have. It'd be a way to work it in as well. The ONLY problem I can see with it is missing out on the awesome gawking face he has.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Blunderbluss slide can be a dash attack, too.

Most people want the crown as one of his specials because it's arguably his most iconic attack and more can be done with it.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
I'm iffy on the krowm toss my self. It seems to simple and doesn't fit his playstyle as a trap projectile fighter.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I don't really know about Dixie and Dk64. Tiny confuses the matter. I remember Mark Stevenson (Playtonic, formerly Rare staff) sharing an image of this critter on Twitter. Apparently, this was the prototype "Tiny". The original design was male and looks vaguely Turkish.

Doesn't look like he can fly, unless I'm missing something. Strange, but interesting. I like Tiny a lot better, at least.

In any case, I agree. I always thought the crown toss would fit better as a sidesmash. That way, the move would preserve its power and would allow for more creative special moves.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I don't really know about Dixie and Dk64. Tiny confuses the matter. I remember Mark Stevenson (Playtonic, formerly Rare staff) sharing an image of this critter on Twitter. Apparently, this was the prototype "Tiny". The original design was male and looks vaguely Turkish.

Doesn't look like he can fly, unless I'm missing something. Strange, but interesting. I like Tiny a lot better, at least.

In any case, I agree. I always thought the crown toss would fit better as a sidesmash. That way, the move would preserve its power and would allow for more creative special moves.
Hey, its Abu.

I wonder what he was going to be called? Turkey/Turky Kong? :troll:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
To reiterate what I said very recently, I imagine the krown toss would be similar to Snake's Nikita missile: K. Rool yanks the krown off of his scaly noggin and hurls it with tremendous force, at which point it can be aimed at will and will remain in duration for a set amount of time, until it encounters a tangible entity such as an opponent's hurtbox, a wall, the floor or a platform or until K. Rool himself is hit. Either way, when its journey is concluded, it immediately snaps right back to K. Rool in a straightforward trajectory, wherein it will damage any opponent it happens to connect with on the way. I imagine another input of the move would cancel it instantly and have it immediately return to K. Rool. This could be useful for surprise setups or to keep away opponents that manage to get past the krown's initial trajectory and try to go ham on K. Rool himself.

The difference between the krown toss and kannonballs is that the krown toss can be directly aimed and is a much slower yet more deadly (due to its greater damage output) projectile, whereas the kannonball is a reusable projectile / item that can be picked up and thrown at will, similar to R.O.B.'s gyro, or it can be charged to release a fast-traveling projectile that does immense knockback, kinda like Jr's own cannonball or Samus's Charge Shot. The ability to switch between these fundamentally distinctive weapons and make best use of their respective properties would make K. Rool a versatile and tactical opponent, and most importantly, it'd ensure he's got a tool to suit various different occasions~

CelerinaTheJackrabbit

Smash Cadet
Rare wanted characters with specific skills for DK64, i think Dixie didn't quite fit into what they needed. Then they created Tiny, a smaller version of Dixie with flying abilities.
Which is weird, cause then Tiny Kong became taller then Dixie. Though I thought it was because it was easier to animate Tiny Kong's twin ponytails while twirling rather then Dixie's one huge one.

EDIT: :4greninja:'d

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Which is weird, cause then Tiny Kong became taller then Dixie. Though I thought it was because it was easier to animate Tiny Kong's twin ponytails while twirling rather then Dixie's one huge one.

EDIT: :4greninja:'d
Actually, I think Tiny's only "taller" than Dixie because Dixie is usually not standing straight up, while Tiny always stands straight up. I think they'd be about the same height if Dixie was standing straight up.

that looks more like a prototype Lanky than a prototype Tiny...

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Actually, I think Tiny's only "taller" than Dixie because Dixie is usually not standing straight up, while Tiny always stands straight up. I think they'd be about the same height if Dixie was standing straight up.
Going by the character select screen of Diddy Kong Racing DS, which is one place where the two are shown standing upright in the same place, it seems that Tiny is still a bit taller.

I honestly always thought that that was the joke about Tiny's later height-gain. :laugh:

that looks more like a prototype Lanky than a prototype Tiny...
I was thinking the same thing.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Nah.
Apparently the redesign was Nintendo's idea, but who knows what the reasoning was.
Going by the character select screen of Diddy Kong Racing DS, which is one place where the two are shown standing upright in the same place, it seems that Tiny is still a bit taller.

Well, even there it's obviously more zoomed in on the smaller characters, so I'd say Tiny is actually quite a bit taller.

Last edited:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Unpopular opinion: I would prefer Cranky over Dixie.
Me too to be honest. I don't get the appeal of Dixie to be honest outside of the whole "forbidden 7" thing making her a big candidate for pre-release speculation
However...
When Cranky joins the fight Alfonso becomes old and grumpy!

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Proof of huge event=more activity:

In one week, starting from when the costume was shown, this thread has advanced 102 pages.

Starting from the mid-point in the thread page when the costume was shown, that's 4107 posts.

That's some serious activity for one week.

Top Bottom