• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I've.. actually never played spirit tracks so.. *shrugs* ^^;
I'm joking, it's okay~

He isn't really grumpy, just stern. Kind of an older mentor figure for Link.

I wonder if K. Rool ever had an older Kremling mentor?

K. Rafty the Wise?

So what do you think K. Rool's

-Entrance
-Victory Theme
-Boxing Ring alias

will be?
1. Emerges from a deluge of kannonballs and readies himself to fight
2. A rock sample of the "drop" bars in Gangplank Galleon
3. "The Kremling Krusha"

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I personally really like Tiny Kong's new design, it's cute. :dr^_^:

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
The new replay feature is PRETTY krisp. I'm sure we'll see a ton of K. Rool replays posted here once he's playable
I wanted to post replays. Until I learned that I was banned for 2 weeks... I don't even know why! Probably because made enimies with super obsessed FNAF fans for my opinion of not liking the game... it happens... sucks it had to be on the day of the update. Back on topic though: I think K.Rool will be playable, no matter what anyone says. It's how I have felt about all of my most wanted characters. I just have a gut feeling that it's going to happen...

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I personally really like Tiny Kong's new design, it's cute. :dr^_^:
Maybe that can be Tiny Kong's satire, she's actually normal sized, but shrinks,,.... idk. I like her newer design too, looks cuter than the 3rd grade-looking pixel monkey she was in 64:
Idk I just never felt this design. :025:

Last edited:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I wanted to post replays. Until I learned that I was banned for 2 weeks... I don't even know why! Probably because made enimies with super obsessed FNAF fans for my opinion of not liking the game... it happens... sucks it had to be on the day of the update. Back on topic though: I think K.Rool will be playable, no matter what anyone says. It's how I have felt about all of my most wanted characters. I just have a gut feeling that it's going to happen...
Off topic but your list of mains all have a purple/darkblue-color scheme, was that intentional?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Doesn't matter.
Alright, I'll come up with both, then. :laugh:

-Entrance
K. Rool leaping/slamming down onto the stage, as per his entrance in the original Donkey Kong Country.

-Victory Theme
An electric guitar version of DK and Diddy's victory theme, much like Meta Knight has as opposed to the one used by his Kirby series peers.

-Boxing Ring alias
UK: The Krowned Kremling

EDIT: You know, I actually think they'd go with...

UK: Krusha K. Rool

NA: King of the Kremlings

Last edited:

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
My idea of the perfect K. Rool reveal trailer: DK and Diddy are running away from something, flash backs of their old adventures in the original DKC, large shadow engulfs them, they look up in horror, the large creature slams downward on to the floor in front of the duo, a glimpse of its eyes and a villainous smile, K. Rool Crushes the Competition, gameplay... more gameplay... Final smash... DK and Diddy run away once more, K. Rool remains still smiling and begins to chase them, end scene...

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero

-Entrance
-Victory Theme
-Boxing Ring alias

will be?
-Hopping in from the sky like DKC1.
-Either a riff from Gangplank Galleon or (groan) the standard DK victory theme.
-"Krusha K. Rool," if we're lucky. "The Kremling King" or "King Of Kremlings" seems more likely though.

Last edited:

CelerinaTheJackrabbit

Smash Cadet

-Entrance
-Victory Theme
-Boxing Ring alias

will be?
Entrance-wise, I see him doing a few different things, depending on what he's more based of.
DKC: A twirl of the cape, gawking at the screen before assuming battle stance.
DKC2: An explosion of smoke, with him covered in soot, blinking a few times before shaking himself off, battle stance.
DKC3: Curtain raises, the king stepping out, battle stance.
DK64: Addressing the crowd with the usual 'YEAH! THANK YOU!' waves.

Victory theme, I prefer one idea someone had. As Diddy and DK have the 'Bonus Victory' theme playing, this person suggested he get the 'Bonus Lose' theme instead. Of course, The main bit of Crocodile Cocaphany would be grand too. ( Can you tell what one of my favorite DKC tunes is? )

And Boxing Ring Alias... hrm.

Regal Reptilian
King of the Ring
A Croc of many Costumes

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
I have always had this pipe dream envisionment of a K. Rool trailer playing out like some kind of WW2 propaganda film, just with droves of Kremlings marching in file across a wasteland. The camera pans over top of them, showing their cheers and adulation as they march. Standards flap, klap-traps snap. As a charismatic, guttural voice jeers and taunts would-be foes, the camera gradually cuts to shots of a scaly, stout tank... Then, up the side of the tank... Then to a clawed foot... And, well you get the rest. It'd finally stop on a clenched fist and then quickly shift to the right to show the king's haughty glower, at which point he'd lick his teeth before throwing his arm forward, commanding a charge toward the rest of the Smash cast. Of course he'd then leap off, throw his crown and whip out the blunderbuss/don the Kaptain's hat to start.

I could also see this maybe happening with Rool on the Flying Kroc for example. Or even with a fleet of ships. But definitely something military oriented.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I can imagine K. Rool jumping in from off screen, landing with a cartoony CRASH, then shaking his fists in the air.

Make it happen Sakurai.

StormC

Smash Hero
So let's say we get K. Rool.

Would the fakeout have generated even more hype and excitement, or would you have rather we just avoided this whole mess?

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero

Would the fakeout have generated even more hype and excitement, or would you have rather we just avoided this whole mess?
I would shake my finger like Robert Deniro, and swear a bit. However I would be happy, very happy.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218

-Entrance
-Victory Theme
-Boxing Ring alias

will be?
-He just stomps on the ground, just like his entrance in the original DKC (would be really like of those many MvC3 entrances; ... Iron Man, Nemesis, etc. =P)
-The last pieces of K. Rool Returns (title screen) in DKC2 (nothing more appropriate!);
-King Krusha K. Rool;

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR

Honestly I say more hype. Atleast for me personally.

Up until this costume I had a firm belief that K. Rool would make his big entrance into Smash. This costume has certainly planted seeds of doubt in my mind. Personally to get K. Rool after this plus all that we've been through to see him return would be incredible. I'd see the costume as getting MORE than we asked for and would be so happy. I'd certainly have a different outlook on Nintendo and Sakurai in terms of doing things for fans.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Sooo... it may sound like a stupid question but...
Should I buy DK 64 or wait to see if there is any big DLC coming for Smash?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

Currently, It's going to get me more hyped. Because somewhere, in the back, or forefront, of all our minds, there's a complete Smash 4 roster with no K. Rool.

I'm just going to be ready to cheer if our Kaptain comes home.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Sooo... it may sound like a stupid question but...
Should I buy DK 64 or wait to see if there is any big DLC coming for Smash?
DK64 can wait. it's not going anywhere, smash dlc so far bleeds one of funds(even if you only get stages and characters!), and i honestly can't recommend dk64 for any reason except for it's final boss

StormC

Smash Hero
Yeah, K. Rool's portrayal in DK64 is one of the few things I can wholeheartedly endorse. Not a big fan of the game otherwise.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

More or less the same for me, because even before the costume, I didn't think he was a sure thing, and was manufacturing scenarios where the team skipped over him. But in general, I think revealing K. Rool now would make a way bigger splash, since the costume has taken out of "boring and expected" territory for a lot of people.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
DK64 can wait. it's not going anywhere, smash dlc so far bleeds one of funds(even if you only get stages and characters!), and i honestly can't recommend dk64 for any reason except for it's final boss
1. Good music if you love the Banjo-Kazooie games.
2. Fun cut scenes with K. Rool
3. The Kremlings show so much character even more compared to the original dkc trilogy.
4. Awesome unique bosses other than K. Rool(Armydillo, Dogadon, and Mad Jack were my favorite)
5. Challenging levels and minigames.

Those are my reasons for reccommending it.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace

I think the hype level would/WILL be immense. So I prefer the mii costume debacle happening, It'll also give some hope for other characters with mii costumes' fan-bases. It'll be a happy day for many!

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
My Mom got me a new wireless mouse as an early birthday present
And I gotta say
It's a DREAM to handle this thing
So damn comfy, wireless so I don't get caught up in what used to be a long tangled mess
It's bootiful, I tells ya :drshrug:

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace

Normally, I'd rather have avoided this suckstorm entirely (since I'd refuse to give detractors any sense of satisfaction), but then I'd remind myself this would only last a few months, while a playable K. Rool would last forever. Years later, none of this would matter because we already have the Kremling king, which is all we ever wanted in Smash.

So if, somehow and someway, K. Rool is more than just a cheap costume, then I would be excited, especially since now we have something even more to prove than we did before.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I really like DK64! Sure it's tiresome after a while, but I think that depends which kind of player you are.. For those who like Banjo-Kazooie, it's a solid game. =)... I wish that Retro could do one of these for us; Just seeing how incredible was the environment in Tropical Freeze with different camera angles, make me wish even more a fully 3D DK platform made by them. :3

Last edited:

CelerinaTheJackrabbit

Smash Cadet
I actually recommend DK64. But do be prepared if you're the type to 100% games. This one's a doozy. Otherwise though, super enjoyable, IMO.

On the subject of K.Rool's 'if he was revealed now' thing, I agree with the notion he'd be super hype now. Due to the costume, and the general worry and 'deconfirmed' nonsense floating about.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I really like DK64! Sure it's tiresome after a while, but I think that depends which kind of player you are.. For those who like Banjo-Kazooie, it's a solid game. =)... I wish that Retro could do one of those for us; Just seeing how incredible was the environment in Tropical Freeze with different camera angles, make me wish even more a fully 3D DK platform made by them. :3
I've actually been wanting another DK game like DK64, I enjoyed it more than any of the other DKC games I've played though don't get me wrong they are good games too. But DK64 was the first game in the series I ever played and made me love all the kong and kremling characters. Plus, I love a little puzzle solving as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom