• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Hey guys, i've made some changes in Artsy Omni's render to match more with the Rare style, which will probably be his appearance:

I darkened his skin and widened his crown, in addition to the golden belly. Here's the comparison to the original render:
Looks great. I've always liked his Rare design more.

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
So what do you think K. Rool's

-Entrance
-Victory Theme
-Boxing Ring alias

will be?
Entrance: Jumps from the top of the stage like in DKC1, climbs down from a rope ladder hanging off of the Flying Krock like in DKC2 or hides behind curtains and is revealed like in DKC3.

Victory Theme: We've been over this a million times but I'd like it to be the DKC2 game over theme or a portion of Gangplank Galleon.

Boxing Ring alias: The Psykotik King of the Kremlings would be alright.

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman

-Entrance
-Victory Theme
-Boxing Ring alias

will be?
Entrance: His entrance from his final boss battle in DKC, where he slams down on the ground feet first.

Victory Theme: I still think the bonus lose theme would be awesome, but probably a part from gangplank galleon.

Boxing Ring Alias: It'd be cool to see King Krusha K. Rool, but it will most likely be King of the kremlings.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
AncientTobacco said:

-Entrance
-Victory Theme
-Boxing Ring alias

will be?

Entrance: Jumping on the stage with a big stomp, then correcting his crown
Victory Theme: I really hope for a snippet of gangplank galleon
Boxing Ring Alias: King of the Kremlings / Kream of the Krop

Also, more "VOTEKROOL" For Glory stuff below:

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Bad news, my Wii U charger has officially broke...:urg::(:scared:

This charger went through a lot, such as my cat cutting it open which somehow caused it to not work, so I had to fix it by putting tape over the cut, and that somehow fixed it.

But three weeks ago, the charger would not work unless the Gamepad was upside down or if the connector was jiggled around enough, and now it doesn't work at all. But I know why.

You see, I have a huge fear of the dark, so once I go to bed, I set the Wii U to the internet to listen and/or slightly watch movies on Youtube (Sonic OVA to be specific) and it helps me sleep a lot. The Wii U Gamepad would be set up on the top of the drawer but the plug would be at the floor, so the charger's wire would get bent.

It's been a long time doing this (two years I believe), and the wire has been bent so much that the internal wiring snapped open or something, and there is nothing I can do about it.

So, I can't play any games on the Wii U and I'll probably never sleep until I get a new charger.
:sadeyes:

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
That is great. I wanted Donkey Kong 64 for awhile just to learn a little bit more about King K. Rool. But I was not sure if he played a meaningful role in the title. I only really know him from Donkey Kong Country though, so I figured it could not hurt.
In the original DKC/DKL trilogy, you don't see K. Rool until the end (in the DKC GBA trilogy K. Rool shows up right at the start). In DK64, K. Rool is the FIRST thing you see (right after you see Squawks flying through the air with other parots following him in formation), and he is actively talking throughout the game after you complete various worlds.

Some parts of DK64 can be a bit aggravating, though, such as Beaver Bother. Its not the best DK game, and its got a much more mixed reception, but I still did enjoy it.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Guys, I just got the new Famitsu Column. It has nothing to do with costumes and the new stage DLC.

It's mostly about extra components in games, and people's negative reaction towards those features (The petting mini-game in Fire Emblem Fates being the prime example).

It'll be awhile before it's fully translated, but I wanted to let you guys know ahead of the post.

Thinking about K. Rool's moveset and some uncommon/unpopular moves came to mind which may or may not have been mentioned. I acknowledge there are far better options though, but I'm trying to think outside the box :)

- Shoving/Popping/Extending out his belly to hit opponents, perhaps as a forward tilt.
- A swing of the bat K. Rool uses in Sluggers as a possible forward tilt
- His small jump from DKC1 could also be used as a forward tilt
- K.Rool taking his cape off and using it to swat opponents, again, as a forward tilt? Or swinging around doing a 360 where the cape etxends outwards and does damage.
- Down smash/down special would have 3 sequences, 2 of them would be placing an electrical diode/bulb down(Like DKC3) and the 3rd sequence, when activated would emit electricity between the two, horizontally or vertically. The third could be done while K.Rool has grabbed the opponent.
- Placing an oil drum down as a special and one random baddie would come out and hunt down players. One of Klaptrap, Gnawty, Klump, Krusha, Cat o Nine Tails,etc all with different abilities. Once the drum hast spat out a baddie, the drum can be used as a projectile or flung like Pacman's fire hydrant.
-Shooting a cannonball underneath him and the force would propel him upwards, possible recovery move.
-Putting his Kopter pack on and extending the blades on it to cause damage, up tilt?

If we do get him in Smash I'd imagine Sakurai and his team would have to come up with some new moves for his tilts, air attacks and basic ones.

I was also thinking about the likely 3rd installment or DKCR3 as people like to put it.

Lets say we get that, what happens after that? More DKC sequels?

I'd like to see the series and characters go in a different direction, perhaps a game similar to DK64, 3D open world sort of thing.

Last edited:

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman

This charger went through a lot, such as my cat cutting it open which somehow caused it to not work, so I had to fix it by putting tape over the cut, and that somehow fixed it.

But three weeks ago, the charger would not work unless the Gamepad was upside down or if the connector was jiggled around enough, and now it doesn't work at all. But I know why.

You see, I have a huge fear of the dark, so once I go to bed, I set the Wii U to the internet to listen and/or slightly watch movies on Youtube (Sonic OVA to be specific) and it helps me sleep a lot. The Wii U Gamepad would be set up on the top of the drawer but the plug would be at the floor, so the charger's wire would get bent.

It's been a long time doing this (two years I believe), and the wire has been bent so much that the internal wiring snapped open or something, and there is nothing I can do about it.

So, I can't play any games on the Wii U and I'll probably never sleep until I get a new charger.
Can you use a pro controller, or does that still require the gamepad?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Don't know if this was posted here already, but here is a cool pic of K. Rool fighting for the ballot.

by http://tidywire.deviantart.com/
I prefer the Isaac vs. K. Rool one, honestly (not a full artwork, its just the old character models showing Isaac and K. Rool fighting). That one, honestly, is more accurate because the odds of getting third-parties are iffy, especially Indie's. We'll have to see how things play out on that end, but first-parties fighting is far more accurate overall.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
In the original DKC/DKL trilogy, you don't see K. Rool until the end (in the DKC GBA trilogy K. Rool shows up right at the start). In DK64, K. Rool is the FIRST thing you see (right after you see Squawks flying through the air with other parots following him in formation), and he is actively talking throughout the game after you complete various worlds.

Some parts of DK64 can be a bit aggravating, though, such as Beaver Bother. Its not the best DK game, and its got a much more mixed reception, but I still did enjoy it.
Beaver brother was SOOO frustrating. Especially because towards the end for 101% you have to do the two hardest Beaver Brother mini-games back2back.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
So, I'm honestly interested in knowing what you guys want from his playstyle.

We know Sakurai tries to make the characters as different from each other as possible, and quite frankly, I haven't seen much of a cohesive set to make a character. There's ideas, but they don't tie together into a playstyle.

After doing some research on the character, my thoughts is that he definitely has an asset he uses in the games that no other character uses: His... girth. He throws himself around constantly, using his weight to crush opponents. He's never really been a hand-to-hand fighter, and even in the guise of one (Krusha K. Rool), he relies on either his butt or throwing boxing gloves.

So, I propose K. Rool's playstyle focuses on using not only his unnatural jumping prowess and speed, but use the entirety of his royal girth as a weapon. I'd even take some cues from E. Honda and Blanka for ideas on what K. Rool could do, something like the Sumo Headbutt as a Forward Smash:

...except with a huge chomp from his jaws at the end and much less travel distance.

Another thing I think would be interesting is a "trickster" move. K. Rool is known for his devious and misleading fights, and perhaps some slight of hand would be an ideal Down Special, because let's face it, we all know what the other three specials should be. My idea is the "Krazy Kounter." K. Rool would ideally have a small window of time that, when he is hit, he stumbles back and begins to spin. Then, you can do several follow-ups:

-Nothing: K. Rool will disappear into thin air, and then appear behind the opponent in a grab.
-Attack Button: K. Rool will uppercut the opponent (like in DK64) and they'll begin to spin in a stationary spot, leaving a follow-up attack up to you.
-You can also shield, roll, jump, crouch and grab.

So, I'm looking to see other ideas as to what he could do. What about you guys?

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
So, I'm honestly interested in knowing what you guys want from his playstyle.

We know Sakurai tries to make the characters as different from each other as possible, and quite frankly, I haven't seen much of a cohesive set to make a character. There's ideas, but they don't tie together into a playstyle.

After doing some research on the character, my thoughts is that he definitely has an asset he uses in the games that no other character uses: His... girth. He throws himself around constantly, using his weight to crush opponents. He's never really been a hand-to-hand fighter, and even in the guise of one (Krusha K. Rool), he relies on either his butt or throwing boxing gloves.

So, I propose K. Rool's playstyle focuses on using not only his unnatural jumping prowess and speed, but use the entirety of his royal girth as a weapon. I'd even take some cues from E. Honda and Blanka for ideas on what K. Rool could do, something like the Sumo Headbutt as a Forward Smash:

...except with a huge chomp from his jaws at the end and much less travel distance.

Another thing I think would be interesting is a "trickster" move. K. Rool is known for his devious and misleading fights, and perhaps some slight of hand would be an ideal Down Special, because let's face it, we all know what the other three specials should be. My idea is the "Krazy Kounter." K. Rool would ideally have a small window of time that, when he is hit, he stumbles back and begins to spin. Then, you can do several follow-ups:

-Nothing: K. Rool will disappear into thin air, and then appear behind the opponent in a grab.
-Attack Button: K. Rool will uppercut the opponent (like in DK64) and they'll begin to spin in a stationary spot, leaving a follow-up attack up to you.
-You can also shield, roll, jump, crouch and grab.

So, I'm looking to see other ideas as to what he could do. What about you guys?
The playstyle is usually mentioned - a heavyweight projectile user/trapper. Specials being the projectiles used for zoning and frame trapping, tilts using the boxing for moderately quick "get off me" moves and Smashes being somewhat slower kill moves K Rool has to either read or trap the opponent into in order to pull off consistently.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Guys, I just got the new Famitsu Column. It has nothing to do with costumes and the new stage DLC.

It's mostly about extra components in games, and people's negative reaction towards those features (The petting mini-game in Fire Emblem Fates being the prime example).

It'll be awhile before it's fully translated, but I wanted to let you guys know ahead of the post.
Thank you.

Keep up the good work... We, and I in particular, enjoy it immensely.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

My pro controller is messed up...i am suprised because my N64 and GC pad are still fine...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Well, no news is good news for us. When Chrom got shot down last July, his omission was explained in detail in Famitsu just a few days later. When our character is as popular if not moreso than Chrom and yet goes unexplained, it's enough to make you wonder why that's the case if he's supposedly "out of the running." And the why possibly is that, well, he's not.

To add onto that, if this costume were somehow viewed as an "acceptance compromise" or a "consolation prize" for the fans, you'd think they'd try connecting it to the ballot somehow to "prove" they're listening. "You voted for him so here he is...as a costume for you personally to wear around!"

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Well, no news is good news for us. When Chrom got shot down last July, his omission was explained in detail in Famitsu just a few days later. When our character is as popular if not moreso than Chrom and yet goes unexplained, it's enough to make you wonder why that's the case if he's supposedly "out of the running." And the why possibly is that, well, he's not.

To add onto that, if this costume were somehow viewed as an "acceptance compromise" or a "consolation prize" for the fans, you'd think they'd try connecting it to the ballot somehow to "prove" they're listening. "You voted for him so here he is...as a costume for you personally to wear around!"
I wouldn't go as far as to say it's good news. But it's certainly not bad news.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace

Sakurai once said about chrom deconfirmed :

“I played all the way through FE:A and really wanted to include a character from that rich cast in Smash Bros. Naturally, I considered adding Chrom to the roster, but the decision wasn’t easy by any means.
At the end of the day, Chrom would just end up being another plain-old sword-wielder like Marth and Ike. Compared with other characters, he lacks any unique characteristics.”

Chrom is in the game because he is in the finasl smash, popular one and maybe they tried to make him playable..i dont know.

but what i know is :
K.ROOL is popular enough that he make him a miicostume even without a new game with him.
at first, i cry because of the mii costume but now i know that sakurai know that we want him.
all costume is from characters/ final smash / assist / third party / but no K.ROOL.

i'm really sure k.rool still have good chance! it can't be a consolation prize! i dont want.

and again, sorry for my bad english, it's not my main language but i learn ;)
K.ROOl is my favorite character and i really wanted to play with/against him...

freak fan for k.rool... just bought a k.rool t-shirt , thanks for the link!

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I wouldn't go as far as to say it's good news. But it's certainly not bad news.
Not good news in that it affects K. Rool's chances, but in that it keeps him in the running at all, which is about as much as anyone can hope for at the moment.

Last edited:

oinkers12

Smash Apprentice
I really hope we aren't left COMPLETELY clueless until the end of the ballot. While no news is definitely a positive sign (because this is probably one of the biggest controversies in all of Smash speculation, if not the biggest), I don't want to be left hanging for no payoff. I'd rather know now and help out some other fanbases (only if K. Rool is COMPLETELY out of the question) and I also don't want to spend each Wednesday in worry that he'll make a deconfirmation statement.

I read on SourceGaming that someone said that the Ballot may be a publicity stunt and, if the situation doesn't improve, then I'd agree with them (especially if K. Rool is given a Ridley-like excuse when they've been using Bowser for years). I remember someone mentioning on this thread that not including K. Rool after this would be like not including Bowser between Smash 64 and Melee.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
Grabbed myself one of those K. Rool shirts and I can't wait to rub it in my friends' faces, hah.
But yeah, at this point I'd really prefer no news over "he's just a costume lol not my problem", because at this point I feel like anything Sakurai would have to say regarding K. Rool would be a deconfirmation. If K. Rool was in, Sakurai would keep his trap shut until the reveal.

Last edited:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I was on pokemonshowdown's smash bros. chat earlier & this person who was a "k. rool is deconfirmed," statistic was trying to explain how Hoopa is a shoe-in lol. These people I swear
:drohyou:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Besides, didn't Hoopa debut in the anime/movie rather than the game? Doesn't that make him ineligible anyway? Or does he get a free pass since Pokemon?

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
Besides, didn't Hoopa debut in the anime/movie rather than the game? Doesn't that make him ineligible anyway? Or does he get a free pass since Pokemon?
Debuted to the public in the anime, yes.
But Hoopa was technically in the game already, ready to be found by hackers.
The anime is strangely close to the games, considering how Ho-Oh appeared in the very first episode and how other Pokémon like Blaziken and Waynaut appeared in it before their debut games were released.
But these Pokémon are created by the Pokémon Company, even though they appeared first in the anime, they are video game characters, so this rule doesn't apply on here.

Top Bottom