• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Well, it doesn't mean anything if it's not, frankly.
There are other song used in trailers, like Bowser Jr.'s Fleet theme from Super Mario Galaxy, that aren't in the game.
Yea I didn't think it was a big deal, it was just something to look into. It's there either way. I still think it's odd to use JJ rather than K. Rools theme which is there

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Gear Getaway is my favorite DKC song in Smash 4. I like it so much, I'd like to near Gangplank Galleon remixed to the 'Returns' style.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Am I the only one who'd like to hear a modernised version of Gangplank Galleon from Donkey Kong Land? It's such a great tune!

CelerinaTheJackrabbit

Smash Cadet
You really don't want me attempting to sing like K.Rool OR Donkey Kong. Really. I could try though.

Gear Getaway is my favorite DKC song in Smash 4. I like it so much, I'd like to near Gangplank Galleon remixed to the 'Returns' style.
Maybe because it's so similar to Gangplank Galleon, I wouldn't mind hearing Snakey Chantey in the returns style.
Am I the only one who'd like to hear a modernised version of Gangplank Galleon from Donkey Kong Land? It's such a great tune!
Dudes Lockjaw's Saga and Mining Melancholy would be AMAZING from DKC 2.

And DKC3 clearly needs Stilt Village, Mill Fever, Hot Pursuit or Rockface Rumble.

StormC

Smash Hero
If there was ever a DKC3 stage (keep dreaming amirite?), it should definitely be based on the Cliffside archtype. You could do a lot with it and I imagine it could have music like Northern Hemisphere in it.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
If there was ever a DKC3 stage (keep dreaming amirite?), it should definitely be based on the Cliffside archtype. You could do a lot with it and I imagine it could have music like Northern Hemisphere in it.
Bonus points if it had Rockface Rumble as one of its music tracks. I absolutely love that tune. :laugh:

CelerinaTheJackrabbit

Smash Cadet
Couldn't you just remix the music and then put the lyrics back in. Or you know, you could sing lol.
Easier said then done. But y'know, like I said. It's possible, no promises though.

Oh! Speaking of remixes, I dunno if he's been shown here before, but this particular fellow does some pretty sweet DK remixes.

Last edited:

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
I'm uninformed and lazy - did the composer change between DKC2 and 3? I always found 3's music to be extremely subpar in comparison and it killed my willingness to replay it.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I'm uninformed and lazy - did the composer change between DKC2 and 3? I always found 3's music to be extremely subpar in comparison and it killed my willingness to replay it.
Yes.

DKC: David Wise, Eveline Fischer, Robin Beanland

DKC2: David Wise

DKC3: Eveline Fischer

EDIT: And the Game Boy Advance remake/port of DKC3 has a different soundtrack, composed by David Wise.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Didn't Fischer and Beanland only do some really minor tracks in DKC1, like Kong Helper music?

I personally think Fischer's work in DKC3 was sublime and overall a better fit for the game than Wise's GBA work.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Didn't Fischer and Beanland only do some really minor tracks in DKC1, like Kong Helper music?
I honestly don't know.

I do know that David Wise has a couple of tracks in DKC3, but they're more-or-less just arrangements of a couple of minor ones from DKC2.

I personally think Fischer's work in DKC3 was sublime and overall a better fit for the game than Wise's GBA work.
Whilst I never liked DKC3's soundtrack quite as much as DKC1's and 2's, I absolutely agree. The GBA soundtrack just doesn't fit the game or its atmosphere, for me.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Each of the game's map themes communicate perfectly the kind of location they're set in.

An adventure in your own backyard, relaxing, a casual stroll.

A menacing march through Crocodile Isle; the enemy homeland.

Unsure, ominous travel through uncharted territory.

Then you have the GBA DKC3 map music which is just

yeah

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
The Fischer version of the overworld definitely trumps the Wise one, I can agree to that

Also Crocodile Isle... from 0:04 to 0:11, that should be Rool's victory theme. I never even thought about that.

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
Guys, calm down.
The guy who made this image drew his PERSONAL top 3, no one here is implying indies are at the top of the ballot.
Indies(no matter how much people want them) will always have a large hill to climb before being added to smash. On a Kremling related topic, I think K. Rool should have a similar grab mechanic to DK(where you grab someone and can walk around for a bit). Your ideas on any special shtick he should have?

D

Deleted member

Neither are. They're both indie characters who have no chance.

Third parties have to be a major icon to get in or have lots of history to get in. That's how I see it anyway.
I didn't say either were.
I'm merely saying it's cringeworthy to denounce Shovel Knight and not Shantae alongside him.

That being said, they do have a chance. Just not a very good one.

The only ones with absolutely no chance would be along the lines of Goku and Shrek or any similar character of outside media.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Third parties have to be a major icon to get in or have lots of history to get in. That's how I see it anyway.
And all of the third-party "special cases" to date are the current mascots of the major Japanese arcade game manufacturers of the 1980s and 1990s. As far as I know, the only ones notably absent were absorbed by other companies and killed off.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Neither are. They're both indie characters who have no chance.

Well then
*throws Bomberman in a fire*
Good bye :drsad:

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
And all of the third-party "special cases" to date are the current mascots of the major Japanese arcade game manufacturers of the 1980s and 1990s. As far as I know, the only ones notably absent were absorbed by other companies and killed off.
The way I see it: Pacman was a "thank you" to bamco, sonics in the game so that people can look at him and say "he's still a thing?", and mega man is in the game to insane fan demand.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
New member. Just wanted to stop by and say I'm in full support of what you guys are doing here! Hopefully the King will be DLC or at least a shoo in for the next game if he's too big. The Kroc definltey deserves to be in Smash and I think a lot can be done with him.

Top Bottom