• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
On the subject of his clap or lack there of, I'd love it if his loss animation had him playing dead and you occasionally see his eye open and look around.

If Sakurai straight up says "I didn't include K. Rool as a playable fighter because ______. "

Id hope we turn our attention to the greater DK series in general. It would be a bummer to not get him in Smash but getting him as the main antagonist of DK again would be a great accomplishment indeed.

Last edited:

CharlieSolark

Smash Cadet
NNID
xXSolarkXx
3DS FC
0259-0796-7972

I was playing Agario as ''KROOL4SMASH'' and I found quite a lot of people sacrificing themselves and giving me cells!
Good to see so many supporters!

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Speaking of the DKC cartoon, there's actually an episode where DK dresses up as in a janky fake K. Rool costume to pull a practical joke.

This was one of the first things that came to my mind when I learned of the costume in Smash.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Has any new info arisen through datamining of 1.10?

Granted I'm sure if anything did come up this thread would be buzzing but I'm curious. Is there a page where you can follow the progress?

D

Deleted member

Speaking of the DKC cartoon, there's actually an episode where DK dresses up as in a janky fake K. Rool costume to pull a practical joke.

This was one of the first things that came to my mind when I learned of the costume in Smash.
but DKs costume fooled everybody, but the mii costume.... What kind of fool do they think i am?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Very unpopular opinion, but, ironically enough, I feel like this is the place to share it.

I like the Snowmads more than the Kremlings. Yep you heard me right; as much as I love the old school DKC games, something about the Snowmads just speaks to me. Great theme, very diverse, metric tons of character just in the way they waddle around, flail their flippers, cheer on bosses and cover their eyes when the DK gets a hit in (I know Retro did this for the Tikis too but let's be real here, the Tikis were pretty lame in every other aspect). Not saying I don't like the Kremlings, I just like the Snowmads more.

Except for the boss. Spoiler alert: Lord Fredrik, their king (or Jarl or whatever [I don't speak Italian]), is basically ViKing K. Rool with half the personality. Granted, he hasn't had as much time to show us what he's got, but for now, he's pretty meh. I would love to see him return in another installment for another shot, though...along with a certain obese crocodile. That's the thing; I think none of us would care half as much about the Kremlings if it weren't for K. Rool. He just oozes personality with the way he looks at the camera, plays dress up, and don't even get me started on the Kredits. But that earlier question of "what's your favorite Kremling" kind of made me realize I don't have one, bar K. Rool. They really weren't spectacular baddies.

So, Retro, if you're reading this, please don't misinterpret our klamoring for K. Rool as a way of saying "all your villains suck and you should feel bad for trying to compete with the Kremlings." I know I'm not the only person on earth who has a soft spot for the Snowmads; it actually seems like they're pretty popular. But we really, really, really want to see our king return after all these years. So I'll propose a compromise: a three-way war over DK Isle, starring the Kongs, Kremlings, and Snowmads. Don't pretend like you don't want to see K. Rool and Freddy trying to outdo and backstab each other. One of the things that's the most fun about K. Rool is seeing him clash with other characters, whether they be protagonists, underlings, or, in this case, other baddies.

...Plus, as a reptile owner, I totally want to see K. Rool have to bust out the heat lamps and stuff so he wouldn't freeze. Just picture King K. Rool in a floofy parka and mittens rubbing his claws together and glaring at a grinning Fredrik. You're welcome.
See, the thing is, I don't HATE the Snomads. Most people online I see really did like the Snomads (except Frederik, because he just can't be K. Rool), they just prefer the Kremlings.

Meanwhile most everyone HATED the Tikis.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
So out of curiosity I came here and looked for the exact post that you all learned about the new Mii costume, since I wasn't sure how to feel about it myself.

Looks like, since the reveal, the thread surpassed a whopping 69 pages. Impressive. Your salt is mighty.

Nonetheless, while I didn't express much of an interest in K. Rool before, I bought the Mii costume earlier and was struck by how detailed it was. Then I got to thinking about how he would play in Smash as a real fighter, then got kind of sad that this costume might be all we get of him in Smash.

So I decided to use the last IP address in my house (my brother's laptop) to give K. Rool a vote. I used up my family desktop, laptop, mother's laptop, and cell phone to vote for different characters (Crono from Chrono Trigger, Wonder Red, Wolf, and Inkling if you're wondering) but I decided to squeeze in one more since virtually no one else in my house likes Smash or video games in general as much as I do.

Add me to the Kongress, boys. You've got a very belated supporter, who is concerned the biggest non-Ridley request might in actuality be just a Mii Costume.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So out of curiosity I came here and looked for the exact post that you all learned about the new Mii costume, since I wasn't sure how to feel about it myself.

Looks like, since the reveal, the thread surpassed a whopping 69 pages. Impressive. Your salt is mighty.

Nonetheless, while I didn't express much of an interest in K. Rool before, I bought the Mii costume earlier and was struck by how detailed it was. Then I got to thinking about how he would play in Smash as a real fighter, then got kind of sad that this costume might be all we get of him in Smash.

So I decided to use the last IP address in my house (my brother's laptop) to give K. Rool a vote. I used up my family desktop, laptop, mother's laptop, and cell phone to vote for different characters (Crono from Chrono Trigger, Wonder Red, Wolf, and Inkling if you're wondering) but I decided to squeeze in one more since virtually no one else in my house likes Smash or video games in general as much as I do.

Add me to the Kongress, boys. You've got a very belated supporter, who is concerned the biggest non-Ridley request might in actuality be just a Mii Costume.
Welcome, Kutthroat! May the Krown that you wear on your head be a reminder that you will always be One of Us!!!

StormC

Smash Hero
To be fair, that wasn't just us, but a lot of SmashBoards coming in here and causing a stir. Now it's calmed down, thankfully.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
King K Rool is gonna be playable from the ballot polls. Yall need to chill and just be patient.
Seems odd that they'd charge us for the costume, then charge us for the actual character soon after.

The idea that it was a pre-ballot seems odd too given that Sakurai has ignored the character every other instalment. I don't think it's a coincidence the costume has come out months into the ballot when they'd have an idea who the front-runners are

I think they didn't think he'd fit as a fighter so they gave him a costume as compensation

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Seems odd that they'd charge us for the costume, then charge us for the actual character soon after.

The idea that it was a pre-ballot seems odd too given that Sakurai has ignored the character every other instalment. I don't think it's a coincidence the costume has come out months into the ballot when they'd have an idea who the front-runners are

I think they didn't think he'd fit as a fighter so they gave him a costume as compensation
The people who care about the character have likely already gone on record saying they'll buy both. Those who don't probably haven't bought the Mii costume so there won't be that much overlap.

What you're saying is obviously a possibility but while there is still opportunity to spread the votes and change his mind (if what you've said is indeed it) then we shold be making the most of it.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
This might be a weird thought, but is anyone else curious how K. Rool's gonna look with the bottom of his head/jaw in place? For reasons beyond it being attached to a full design, of course...like, with just his skinned head sitting atop my Mii, I still have trouble visualizing how he's gonna make facial expressions in the game. Which, I've seen people cite that as a reason the Paon model is superior, because it better allows for that. Since it's the Rare model we'll get if K. Rool shows up, though, I'm just left trying to imagine stuff like his post-crown toss gawking.
He's pretty expressive enough to me when he tosses his crown and looks at the screen in dkc1, also when he gets misfired in dkc2 and defintley expressive in dk64. Besides, I like the cold evil villainous look of the rare design.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The last time I checked, no news. No hints on future DLCs, to be exact.
Well, I've heard mixed results. One thing I heard is that the data is encrypted, another thing I heard is there's nothing.

Later I heard something that there's a difference; they didn't find anything new in the Wii U version, except for some things that are heavily encrypted that they can't break, and they haven't gotten to the 3DS version yet.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Well, I've heard mixed results. One thing I heard is that the data is encrypted, another thing I heard is there's nothing.

Later I heard something that there's a difference; they didn't find anything new in the Wii U version, except for some things that are heavily encrypted that they can't break, and they haven't gotten to the 3DS version yet.
encrypted data? That's interesting. Where did you get that from though?

Ahmad Mohammad

Smash Rookie

I'd like to know too

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I keep hearing the encrypted data left and right. I don't know if its true or not, that's just what I keep hearing. Its come up several times even here, in fact.

M&Mavocado

Smash Cadet
Hello everyone, I may not have been active on these forums in a while (mostly because I forgot my password and the email associated with it), but I have kept an eye on Smashboards and the King K. Rool thread in particular, as a Kutthroat myself. When the infamous costume (which I don't believe deserves a 'k') was revealed, I expected many to jump ship.

However, I was so proud to be a King K. Rool fan when I saw everyone continue to hang on. Not blindly, I should add, because you guys have used excellent reasoning to show that the costume probably means nothing. I remembered what an awesome bunch you all are. You guys brought me back to Smashboards; thank you so much. I will continue my support until the very end.

Malle

Smash Apprentice
If it turns out that K.Rool is nothing but a Mii costume for Smash 4, then I really feel sorry for you guys.

Sakurai just doesn't like villains it seems.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
If it turns out that K.Rool is nothing but a Mii costume for Smash 4, then I really feel sorry for you guys.

Sakurai just doesn't like villains it seems.
If you think about it though, there aren't that many iconic (or even recurring) Nintendo villains. Not talking about anti-heroes or semi-villains like Wolf, Dark Pit and DDD here.

Bowser
Ganondorf
Andross (not viable)
K. Rool
Ridley (not viable)
Bowser Jr
King Boo
EDIT: Kamek
Vaati?

Last edited:
If you think about it though, there aren't that many iconic (or even recurring) Nintendo villains. Not talking about anti-heroes or semi-villains like Wolf, Dark Pit and DDD here.

Bowser
Ganondorf
Andross (not viable)
K. Rool
Ridley (not viable)
Bowser Jr
King Boo
Kamek is fairly iconic too.

Isn't he a bit more of a side-character. I haven't played too many Yoshi games but isn't Baby Bowser usually the main villain?
Bowser Jr. has never been a main villain either. And Kamek is usually referred as the main antagonist of the Yoshi series, despite never being the final boss.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Bowser Jr. has never been a main villain neither. And Kamek is usually referred as the main antagonist of the Yoshi series, despite never being the final boss.
BJ was the main antagonist of Sunshine actually. After looking it up I think you're right about Kamek. I'll add him.

Pepperoni_Lives

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Piggins91
It shows footage of his boss battles in all the DKC games in order, while the year they came out is beside it in bold white letters.
It stops at DK64, then fades to black.
Finally, 2016 explodes onto the screen, King K. Rool appears behind it and swats it away.
Cue trailer.

EDIT: I think it goes without saying, but King K. Rool / Ship Deck 2 plays in the background.
I think it'd be funny if he slid in front of the 2016 on his feet doing the Ta-Da jazz hands.

Malle

Smash Apprentice

Bowser
Ganondorf
Andross (not viable)
K. Rool
Ridley (not viable)
Bowser Jr
King Boo
EDIT: Kamek
Vaati?
Yeah well. Ridley should've been on the roster, we all know this. As should King K Rool. I mean, even if some characters are just semi-villains they are still bad guys and definitely deserve to be in. While I like goodie-too-shoes, they are not what they are without the villains. Hell, I was even hoping for Ghirahim to make it in.

Even if there aren't as many villains as there are heroes, the big ones such as Ridley, K Rool should've at least been a part of the roster. Sigh, well, let us hope we get what we want in the end at least.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Not to burst any bubbles but Calling nintendo doesnt mean jack.

Random customer service employee #24 has no idea how the ballot works (internally) has no ties with the dev team, and likely doesnt even speak japanese. Maybe they were at least told to say that but there is no doubt in my mind they have absolutely no idea if what they are saying is true and just want to get off the phone ASAP while making the caller happy.
Thats what im saying....

Top Bottom