• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
So, discussing the character of K. Rool ...

He'd be pretty big, right? At least as tall as Bowser... So how would he be able to avoid becoming constant combo food? Super armor? Strong frame data?

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
So, discussing the character of K. Rool ...

He'd be pretty big, right? At least as tall as Bowser... So how would he be able to avoid becoming constant combo food? Super armor? Strong frame data?
Many things could make him "not combo food." Things like a combo-breaking nair would be along the lines for a heavyweight like K. Rool.

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure this has been brought up before, but I think it's possible that if K. Rool gets in, his design will be a merge between the Rare and PAON K. Rool. We already got a teaser of that with the costume (the emerald color) but the costume was obviously the Rare design. A theoretically playable K. Rool could combine more elements from both designs to satisfy fans of both designs.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm sure this has been brought up before, but I think it's possible that if K. Rool gets in, his design will be a merge between the Rare and PAON K. Rool. We already got a teaser of that with the costume (the emerald color) but the costume was obviously the Rare design. A theoretically playable K. Rool could combine more elements from both designs to satisfy fans of both designs.
I think it could, but I'm not sure what else they could add from the Paon design to make it look all that great. I definitely prefer the blue gem, though, because it contrasts better with K. Rool's green scales.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
That's implying the PAON design has fans.

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
I grew up with the Rare design, so there's no denying that I like it better. But there are things I like better about the PAON design (such as the claws and crown), though I understand that I probably have the unpopular opinion here

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Looking at it this way.
If they had released the K. Rool Mii costume anytime after K. Rool as a character was announced. Would anyone had bought the costume then?.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I checked all the possible Smash Bros Twitter pages, and I found nothing. I don't think there is anything important.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Looking at it this way.
If they had released the K. Rool Mii costume anytime after K. Rool as a character was announced. Would anyone had bought the costume then?.
Personally? Yeah, I think a lot of people might've just to support K. Rool. Granted, I'm sure more will before he would be released (to try and convince them to make him) than after.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
A direct by Wednesday? Heh. I think we could get a Direct within a couple of weeks, but not by Wednesday.

I can see WHY SMX is suggesting it, though. Gamescom is this week.

oinkers12

Smash Apprentice
Something that still confuses me is that Sakurai has not commented on this controversy. I mean a lot on his Twitter page is related to K. Rool. It is easy to say that. We are not getting the character, but the character getting in is hard to explain without spoiling anything. The longer he stays silent, our chances may increase.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Something that still confuses me is that Sakurai has not commented on this controversy. I mean a lot on his Twitter page is related to K. Rool. It is easy to say that. We are not getting the character, but the character getting in is hard to explain without spoiling anything. The longer he stays silent, our chances may increase.
To be fair, usually he updates in Famitsu with the latest news. If he ignores K. Rool in Famitsu that'd be something to note.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Yeah well. Ridley should've been on the roster, we all know this. As should King K Rool. I mean, even if some characters are just semi-villains they are still bad guys and definitely deserve to be in. While I like goodie-too-shoes, they are not what they are without the villains. Hell, I was even hoping for Ghirahim to make it in.

Even if there aren't as many villains as there are heroes, the big ones such as Ridley, K Rool should've at least been a part of the roster. Sigh, well, let us hope we get what we want in the end at least.
Oh I agree, I'd like new villains. But just saying that out of the amount of viable recurring villains we do actually have most of them.

That said, there's literally NO reason why K. Rool shouldn't be a playable fighter.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
There's DLC for Smash I would buy: alternate voice packs for certain characters! Combine that with character skins, maybe?
Maybe that way we could get some of the older voices for some characters, like Sonic and Fox. Because I still think their old voices were better.
And also voice clips from the cartoon for DK and Diddy would be fantastic. Just imagine having DK shout "BANANAAAA SLAMMA!" while performing a fully charged Giant Punch.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Maybe that way we could get some of the older voices for some characters, like Sonic and Fox. Because I still think their old voices were better.
And also voice clips from the cartoon for DK and Diddy would be fantastic. Just imagine having DK shout "BANANAAAA SLAMMA!" while performing a fully charged Giant Punch.
I would love the DK cartoon voice. But Ash has always tried to focus on video games rather than tv show spinoffs (Pokémon mainly), so I don't think that would ever happen. Sadly

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I like a mixture of the two designs. Of course I saw the Rare design when I played before, but I do prefer the clawed hands - he even had those in DK64. And yeah, the blue gem is better.

But I do prefer the golden belly to the pink one.

BigJuicyMeatball

Smash Apprentice
Please I need help, I know it doesnt have to do with K Rool but my Internet is FULL with ads and I can't remove em. What should I do? There are on this website aswell

murdokdracul

"What do you mean you support Yoshimitsu?!"
NNID
murdokdracul
3DS FC
2836-0188-2561
Switch FC
SW-5151-9208-7814
I've done this to my K. Rool Mii so he only has one face:
K. Rool Mii.png

It's a bit silly if you look too close, but in gameplay it just looks like he has a crazy smile.

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
Even if it's not a playable character, I do like the Mii costume quite a bit. They could have just given us the Paon design that's been used since King of Swing. Instead, they pretty much gave us the SNES design and added the jewel from his new design. I really like it! Hopefully if Retro makes another DK game they follow suit and have him look similar. (Considering Retro is following the Kremling Kampaign, I feel like It's Nintendo that's holding K. Rool back *cough Miyamoto, Tanabe*).

Last edited:

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
I like the Paon design better than the Rare design. Really my main pet peeve with the design is it has no tail. The gold I can do with or without. And it makes more sense to me that he has claws on his fingers which the Rare design lacks (excluding DK64 when he had clawed fingers, that's the only time the Rare design had them). I also really dislike how LARGE his crown is on the Rare design, but I really don't appreciate how small it is on the Paon design, I wish the crown had a more appropriate size. The Jewel color is something that I really don't mind either, whether it be green or blue, as long as he still has it. The scale color however, I prefer the Paon design since its brighter and fits more with the art-style smash 4 is trying to go for, if this was Brawl however, darker scales all the way. Not to mention the Paon design is more expressive which is another thing I favor more than the Rare design. Another plus is the Paon design seems more mobile than the Rare design, I remember playing DK64 at a friend's house and seeing the cut-scene where K. Rool is pacing the floor back and forth and it looked odd and like he had trouble walking.

Last edited:

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
PAON's proportions and face, Rareware's crown, golden armor and tail, claws on the hands and blue jewel; the ideal K. Rool design imo.

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
Hello, yes i am new here (yeah you're probably sick of seeing this all the time). I have been following this forum for a couple of months now and i decided i might as well join in now. While i was upset about the kostume, I soon got over it and knew i needed to vote more and that we could make him a real character if we tried. You guys have came this far, and most likely not giving up. So count me in, it WILL be the King's finest hour.

Also i just have to say how Bkupa666 is such a great leader, when something is wrong he seems to know the right thing to do. I cant see this happening, even the kostume, without him running this thread.

StormC

Smash Hero
Hello, yes i am new here (yeah you're probably sick of seeing this all the time). I have been following this forum for a couple of months now and i decided i might as well join in now. While i was upset about the kostume, I soon got over it and knew i needed to vote more and that we could make him a real character if we tried. You guys have came this far, and most likely not giving up. So count me in, it WILL be the King's finest hour.

Also i just have to say how Bkupa666 is such a great leader, when something is wrong he seems to know the right thing to do. I cant see this happening, even the kostume, without him running this thread.

Top Bottom