• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Thanks Tortilla. I know that Nintendo owned Diddy, but to this date, I couldn't find a site that verified trademarks. I will be sure to bookmark that site for future fact checking reasons.
I wrote a letter to Nintendo (school project), and they gave me a bunch a papers with like some info. They also had like 3 pages for their characters. Guess who was on that paper. DIDDY KONG. He had his own section. Hell, Bowser and Peach weren't on that paper but Diddy was.
I'm still wondering as to why Ryu is in Smash despite Sakurai saying he really didn't want an actual Fighting Game character in Smash, and saying that 3rd Parties should only have 1 character for 'em
Sakurai is really bad at keeping the truth :drshrug:

Well I only have one laptop so I just slapped the votes in for US, EU and JP one day after another and so they're in there :drshrug:
I'm pretty sure Sakurai never said third parties only get one character. That's a fan made rule. As to the Ryu thing, he changes his mind A LOT. Changed his mind on Villager.

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm not too worried about the change in support. 90% of the votes are already in, including multivoting. People have been banned from submitting the same vote from a single IP over and over so they probably keep track of votes (and allow for that in households with multiple family members). We got this far in four months, there isn't gonna be a new people's champion in two.

It's important though to keep sending in votes, even if it's less than before (and I don't think it's THAT much less), just to reaffirm to Nintendo the character's popularity as a playable fighter.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I wrote a letter to Nintendo (school project), and they gave me a bunch a papers with like some info. They also had like 3 pages for their characters. Guess who was on that paper. DIDDY KONG. He had his own section. Hell, Bowser and Peach weren't on that paper but Diddy was.

I'm pretty sure Sakurai never said third parties only get one character. That's a fan made rule. As to the Ryu thing, he changes his mind A LOT. Changed his mind on Villager.
Changed his mind on PAC-MAN.
Changed his mind on Chrom.
Changed his mind on Takamaru.

Man, Sakurai loves changing his mind.

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
FINALLY. I NO LONGER FEEL LIKE A FRAUD. I rummaged through my closet, my drawers, ETC and FINALLY found MY DKC for the GameboyColor and my other GameBoyAdavance games along WITH my GBA, after finding these items I instantly put in DKC and got to work since I NEVER finished it because I sucked at games when I was 4 years old. Now I've beaten K. Rool and FINALLY completed the game, and I must say K. Rool was difficult to a degree, but overall a fun boss. Next I'm gonna tackle DKC2 on Wii U VC at some later date.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
The problem is though regardless of what the costume means, there's far to many people who are just tossing K. Rools chances out the window because of it. I think that's foolish. His support shouldn't dip just because of a Mii costume. If anything unwavering support and votes would help in more ways than one. Even if K. Rool gets snubbed Nintendo will see how much that character is desired and may prioritize him for any number of crossover titles in the future plus bring him back to his own franchise.
I know my man

Worst of all they knew the inklings still had a chance and yet they immediatly deconfirmed king k rool

(Ps for inklings no question they get 100% different attacks than the mii gunners.)

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Today at work, I noticed I was back to my usual confidence in the K. Rool. Although I've settled on the fact that this might be what we get stuck with, and just have to be content with Charizard, I've already convinced a friend and a relative to vote for the King. This is such an awesome community and want to see their character made available to them.

And if K. Rool fits my playstyle, a projectile heavy would do so very well, he would be my next main.

Plus, I'm a sucker for reptilian characters. No Ridley? I'll go Rool.

I find it interesting that Nintendo of Europe would comment on K. Rool specifically, especially with something like "And then this happened". The plot thickens more. Are they being cheeky, or are displeased with this decision?

Eureka

Smash Ace
Changed his mind on PAC-MAN.
Changed his mind on Chrom.
Changed his mind on Takamaru.

Man, Sakurai loves changing his mind.
Times change, you can choose either to adapt or get left behind. And I don't think Sakurai is the kind of guy to let present decisions be hampered by past judgements. Although, both Crom and tatakamaru were scrapped, so I wouldn't really call that changing his mind.

StormC

Smash Hero
Yeah, I think the initial spook might have shocked fair weather fans off the ship, but most of us are here to stay until the end.

Two more months, guys. Once the ballot's over we can take a breath of relief and it'll be out of our hands.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
So here's an interesting thought question for you guys: Why do you support the King (or really any of your major supported characters)? Because...confession time...I've played a grand total of half a DK game. I never finished DK64. And that's it. Still, I think the character of K.Rool is incredibly deserving as the recurring villain of DK island. He's pretty well done in that game as a cross between an evil villain and the comic relief, and I really enjoy it. Not to mention that Smash needs more villains - who wants to just have good guys fighting good guys? Same with Metroid and Ridley: my only game was the first level of Metroid II. Still, I think Ridley is one of the most deserving characters for Smash.
My point here: I don't want these guys in since their series is under served (which is also true). I could make cases all day for why Midna, Ghirahim, Zant, and Impa all deserve to get in for Zelda, but I know they're not all earth-shatteringly important to people outside the series. But for K.Rool and Ridley, I want them in because of who they are, and I'm coming from the prospect of a near-complete series outsider. They deserve it.
I was slow... But I want answer this.

King K. Rool:

- We don't have enough heavy weight fighters.
- He a iconic a wanted character
- Has a incredible moveset potential
- He is charismatic and different.

Micaiah:

- My favorite character (I love her..
Really).
- From one of my favorite games.
- That also is my from my favorite franchise.
- I love magician, and we have few
- She has moveset potential.
- Be a female is (almost) always and great bonus.
- Between the Fire Emblem characters... She looks different (she doesn't have a sword, blue hair, or a cape).

So here's an interesting thought question for you guys: Why do you support the King (or really any of your major supported characters)? Because...confession time...I've played a grand total of half a DK game. I never finished DK64. And that's it. Still, I think the character of K.Rool is incredibly deserving as the recurring villain of DK island. He's pretty well done in that game as a cross between an evil villain and the comic relief, and I really enjoy it. Not to mention that Smash needs more villains - who wants to just have good guys fighting good guys? Same with Metroid and Ridley: my only game was the first level of Metroid II. Still, I think Ridley is one of the most deserving characters for Smash.
My point here: I don't want these guys in since their series is under served (which is also true). I could make cases all day for why Midna, Ghirahim, Zant, and Impa all deserve to get in for Zelda, but I know they're not all earth-shatteringly important to people outside the series. But for K.Rool and Ridley, I want them in because of who they are, and I'm coming from the prospect of a near-complete series outsider. They deserve it.

King K. Rool:

Micaiah:

Really).
- Between the Fire Emblem characters... She looks different (she doesn't have a sword, blue hair, or a cape).

Last edited by a moderator:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
This might be a weird thought, but is anyone else curious how K. Rool's gonna look with the bottom of his head/jaw in place? For reasons beyond it being attached to a full design, of course...like, with just his skinned head sitting atop my Mii, I still have trouble visualizing how he's gonna make facial expressions in the game. Which, I've seen people cite that as a reason the Paon model is superior, because it better allows for that. Since it's the Rare model we'll get if K. Rool shows up, though, I'm just left trying to imagine stuff like his post-crown toss gawking.

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman

King K. Rool:

Micaiah:

Really).
I know this thread isn't about Micaiah, but I actually was a huge advocate for her a while ago. I thought she would have made a fantastic addition.
At THIS point, I really don't want to see any more Fire Emblem characters because I think we have more than enough of them, but I think Micaiah would have been a better choice than Ike, Roy, Robin, and Lucina.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I know this thread isn't about Micaiah, but I actually was a huge advocate for her a while ago. I thought she would have made a fantastic addition.
At THIS point, I really don't want to see any more Fire Emblem characters because I think we have more than enough of them, but I think Micaiah would have been a better choice than Ike, Roy, Robin, and Lucina.
I wish we could have seen more non-sword bearing Fire Emblem Characters. An axe character would be neat.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Here comes possible hate...

I think that you guys are wasting your time....voting for the King over and over again on the same device...I believe only your last vote counts, I'm sure that Nintendo took precautions.

I don't mean to sound like a detractor or should I say deetractor but I think it could be a waste of time

if you're on a different device however...YOU GO HAM, I'm not trying to **** on anyone's parade here

Last edited:
3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
I often wish we had a more unique character for a FE Smash rep than most of the sword fighters we got. I would rather have characters like Lissa, Tiki, or Anna over those like Ike or Lucina. (Roy gets a pass since he's the only sword fighter I actually like playing with. :/) Robin had potential, but he's just kind of meh to me. I like Robin, but I wouldn't mind him going.

BlueSmasher73

Smash Rookie
This might be a weird thought, but is anyone else curious how K. Rool's gonna look with the bottom of his head/jaw in place? For reasons beyond it being attached to a full design, of course...like, with just his skinned head sitting atop my Mii, I still have trouble visualizing how he's gonna make facial expressions in the game. Which, I've seen people cite that as a reason the Paon model is superior, because it better allows for that. Since it's the Rare model we'll get if K. Rool shows up, though, I'm just left trying to imagine stuff like his post-crown toss gawking.
I'd like feedback as well, because I was having the same exact thought earlier.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I think same devices actually have identical Ips if on the same network, right? Or am I wrong on that? The poll apparently locks you out after 7 or 8 (don't remember) votes have been cast form the same IP.

Clearly it's not one vote per IP. I think it makes sense given that there may be multiple people voting in one household or whatever.

Troykv

Smash Master
I wish we could have seen more non-sword bearing Fire Emblem Characters. An axe character would be neat.
I often wish we had a more unique character for a FE Smash rep than most of the sword fighters we got. I would rather have characters like Lissa, Tiki, or Anna over those like Ike or Lucina. (Roy gets a pass since he's the only sword fighter I actually like playing with. :/) Robin had potential, but he's just kind of meh to me. I like Robin, but I wouldn't mind him going.
So many dreams to see someone without a sword ;___;

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
I doesn't help that we have too mady FE reps atm, but I drooled at the potential of the new Fre Emblem fates characters. Can anyone just picture for a moment Kamui using his yato to boost stats like Shulk, while having Smashes and tilts that utilize becoming a f**king dragon?

*EDIT* He could also use the dragon vein ability for magic atributed attacks too! Using fire or earth to briefly alter the battlefield at attack foes? color me interested. Many FE characters could work well if they incorporated more than 1 ability into their moveset. Lucina had the potential to be unique if she used lances and axes along with her falchion. Maybe incorporate skills (besides counter and Aether) into FE movesets as well.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I remember calling the NoA number about multiple votes per ballot (in the context of ensuring the ballot doesn't get overtaken by trolls sitting in basements and voting for obscure characters over and over for hours every day). My guy said that multiple votes per household are allowed in case of siblings, and would be evaluated in terms of writing style...he said something to the effect of "each person will have their differences in writing style and what they say, so that'll be accepted, but not if it looks like just the same thing with minor differences."

Which, I'm not going to openly advocate people "cheating" with multiple votes, but I won't openly discourage it either, because I do know that it's happening elsewhere (a case of another mod's wife voting 100+ times for Snake stood out to me, though I dunno if he was kidding or not). If anyone wants to check IPs, I know it can be done either by Googling "what is my IP?" or visiting mylocation.org. I also know that, if voting from different cell phones within one wi-fi network, switching to 3G or LTE data for the vote gives each device a different IP instead.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master

I think that you guys are wasting your time....voting for the King over and over again on the same device...I believe only your last vote counts, I'm sure that Nintendo took precautions.

I don't mean to sound like a detractor or should I say deetractor but I think it could be a waste of time

if you're on a different device however...YOU GO HAM, I'm not trying to **** on anyone's parade here
Well, they DO have to account for families using the same computer to vote too. We did figure out you eventually get your IP banned from voting if you spam it, but you can do it up to extent.

Actually, that's why I threw in support for someone like Aqua from Fates for a potential SSB5 spot (not here, too much Fire Emblem allergies from having too much in the way of "muh reps"). A dancer, lance wielder, and water bender.

Micaiah doesn't wield a sword so is cool in my book too.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I think DK64 shows a pretty good job of how it would look. It's hard to say for sure though because the Rare design never moved past N64 technology. We're entering uncharted territory for sure.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
The day we get a Fire Emblem character in Smash with no sword whatsoever is the day New New Super Mario Bros. is revealed
It just is strange :4pacman:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I think if they drew 100% inspiration from the original K. Rool look, the key to giving him expression is the eyes. As long as they remain big, bulgy, cartoony and mashed together, they can give him a lot of expressions even if his mouth area moves more "rigidly".

Look at DK, Diddy, and DeDeDe for reference. Their eyes play a big role in how they express themselves. They can do all sorts of crazy things with the eyes. If they wanted to, they could also give K. Rool some anime eye expression. Sort of like replacing the pupils with "> <" instead of making the eyelids close.

But I do think they will modify the lower mouth region somewhat. Not necessarily the Paon design's interpretation but something would probably be done.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I think if they drew 100% inspiration from the original K. Rool look, the key to giving him expression is the eyes. As long as they remain big, bulgy, cartoony and mashed together, they can give him a lot of expressions even if his mouth area moves more "rigidly".

Look at DK, Diddy, and DeDeDe for reference. Their eyes play a big role in how they express themselves. They can do all sorts of crazy things with the eyes. If they wanted to, they could also give K. Rool some eye expression. Sort of like replacing the pupils with "> <" instead of making the eyelids close.
Reading that has changed my entire look on everything

If I don't see this as his "clapping because I lost" animation

I'm not gonna be a happy camper

StormC

Smash Hero
I like the idea @ BKupa666 BKupa666 suggested a while back of klapping while staring out of his bulging eye. Make it look kondescending.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I like the idea @ BKupa666 BKupa666 suggested a while back of klapping while staring out of his bulging eye. Make it look kondescending.
I want one of these 3;
  1. What you said, him staring at you like he's pissed
  2. Just a ****ing temper tantrum, fire the blunderbuss everywhere

D

Deleted member

Or he kan pull a Mewtwo and just not klap
Unsure if one of us...

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
^i will never get enough of the DK cartoon references XDedit::4sheik:'d

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
At the same time, the "deer in the headlights" look is part of what makes K. Rool who he is. Hope that's kept to an extent! Give him big dimples round out the cheeks maybe. But keep the damn eyeballs together! His eyes are iconic.

BTW, does anyone know how often Sakurai writes the famitsu column? Maybe he will mention K. Rool. Or maybe not.

StormC

Smash Hero
BTW, does anyone know how often Sakurai writes the famitsu column? Maybe he will mention K. Rool. Or maybe not.
Dunno, but it makes me wonder: let's assume the worst possible scenario and Sakurai says in an interview: "I decided to include K. Rool as a Mii costume instead of a playable character because _____."

What will this thread/the Kampaign's action be?

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I'm for this one. Just him staring like 'How on earth did this happen.'
"Alright, what kind of sad sap purposely made me lose. WAS IT YOU, CRANKY? ARE YOU HOLDING THAT CONTROLLER?
BECAUSE I SWEAR TO ****ING GOD IF IT GOD DAMN IS YOU I'M GONNA COME THE **** OVER THERE AND BEAT YOU-"
[A Communication Error Has Occured.]

Top Bottom