• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
Hello, yes i am new here (yeah you're probably sick of seeing this all the time). I have been following this forum for a couple of months now and i decided i might as well join in now. While i was upset about the kostume, I soon got over it and knew i needed to vote more and that we could make him a real character if we tried. You guys have came this far, and most likely not giving up. So count me in, it WILL be the King's finest hour.

Also i just have to say how Bkupa666 is such a great leader, when something is wrong he seems to know the right thing to do. I cant see this happening, even the kostume, without him running this thread.
Why in the world would we be sick of seeing this statement?

"You know what they say the more the merrier!"

Welcome aboard:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Hello, yes i am new here (yeah you're probably sick of seeing this all the time). I have been following this forum for a couple of months now and i decided i might as well join in now. While i was upset about the kostume, I soon got over it and knew i needed to vote more and that we could make him a real character if we tried. You guys have came this far, and most likely not giving up. So count me in, it WILL be the King's finest hour.

Also i just have to say how Bkupa666 is such a great leader, when something is wrong he seems to know the right thing to do. I cant see this happening, even the kostume, without him running this thread.
He is indeed a leader full of great RealTalk like @Wariofan1

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
In a way, this costume is kind of a blessing. In the scenario where K. Rool isn't playable, we're ready to accept that. We've already had our kneejerk reaction to his seeming deconfirmation. It won't hit as hard if he isn't DLC.

Like I said. Expect the worst, hope for the best.

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
In a way, this costume is kind of a blessing. In the scenario where K. Rool isn't playable, we're ready to accept that. We've already had our kneejerk reaction to his seeming deconfirmation. It won't hit as hard if he isn't DLC.

Exactly. Something that just came to mind is how the smashified K. Rool isn't even close to what the mii costume is, but that is understandable. It shows that even with their talent, the real deal will look different.

Smashified:

Mii:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Im currently rocking the ''K.ROOL4DLC''
Tag in For Glory..
I have been laughed at 4 times so far.

RealTalk
Just now this guy said

''LoL''
Followed by
''COSTUME!''

and then
''HAHA''

I sent him to the shadow relam with Ganondorf but still....

WhY...... (-_-)

NK1046

Smash Apprentice
Tag in For Glory..

RealTalk
Just now this guy said

''LoL''
Followed by
''COSTUME!''

and then
''HAHA''

WhY...... (-_-)
Because some people just want to watch the world burn

Tag in For Glory..

RealTalk
Just now this guy said

''LoL''
Followed by
''COSTUME!''

and then
''HAHA''

WhY...... (-_-)
Probably just another overjoyed detractor thinking that K. Rool is no longer a threat to his favorite character (most likely someone stupid like Goku).

StormC

Smash Hero
Nobody's responded to my K.ROOL4DLC tag yet, though it felt good to body a guy with Ganondorf 10 times or so with it.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
What makes you think we'll get a Direct by then? Some kind of rumor you heard, maybe?
It's a gut feeling that I have. Mainly because every wave of DLC had a character included in it so i'm thinking there might be at least a character reveal soon even if it takes a month or 2 to finish.

A direct by Wednesday? Heh. I think we could get a Direct within a couple of weeks, but not by Wednesday.

I can see WHY SMX is suggesting it, though. Gamescom is this week.
Didn't have that in mind but that's something that could support a character reveal on that day. Also, August 5 is my birthday so that would be a great indirect birthday present for me. :estatic:

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
Tag in For Glory..

RealTalk
Just now this guy said

''LoL''
Followed by
''COSTUME!''

and then
''HAHA''

WhY...... (-_-)
"Why?" This is most likely not true, but might as well make up something.

Once upon, 2 years ago or something, he was a huge ridley supporter. Then sakurai crushed his dreams. Now he wonders for glory making people lose hope in their choices and making them play on pyrosphere non-omega. The End.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

Yep. Of course, it'll still sting if he doesn't get playable, or if we wake up next Wednesday to see an article titled "Sakurai Explains Why He Made King K. Rool a Costume." That being said, I think we've learned from the Ridley disconfirmation and will be more prepared to counter all the people determined to make us a meme. You don't see a lot of Ridley fans comfortable admitting their support for the character anymore, and that's something we shouldn't let happen to us, just based on a few vocal trolls.

Our future is shining brighter than ever in the actual main series DK games, so there's always that to look forward to as a true "consolation prize" in any case.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
If the K. Rool costume came after the character, I'd probably buy it to reaffirm to Nintendo my willingness to pay for the character.

StormC

Smash Hero
That might have been me lmao i play Ganon all the time.
What was your tag? Who was you? And when? . . . . :/
Nah, I meant I was bodying people while I was playing as Ganon. I use the K.ROOL4DLC tag with Jer as my name, using the Old Man Dorf alt along with dark Mewtwo and blue Bowser. I've been playing mostly this week.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Tag in For Glory..

RealTalk
Just now this guy said

''LoL''
Followed by
''COSTUME!''

and then
''HAHA''

WhY...... (-_-)
Lemme point you to a new, better horizon;
upload_2015-8-1_13-27-5.png

3DS' Online doesn't have nicknames, just make your Mii's name VOTE4KROOL and you're ret-2-go!
No bullying there! :drohyou:

Now that I think about it
Sakurai has once again changed his mind drastically
In Brawl, he didn't add Online Nicknames and Miis in general to prevent bullying.
And now, Online Nicknames a plenty (75% of the time used for bullying, good job) and Miis are allowed in Online Tournaments.
Sakurai pls. :drshrug:

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
How would you guys react if K. Rool came with his DKC cartoon voice?

"Why?" This is most likely not true, but might as well make up something.

Once upon, 2 years ago or something, he was a huge ridley supporter. Then sakurai crushed his dreams. Now he wonders for glory making people lose hope in their choices and making them play on pyrosphere non-omega. The End.
If he supported Ridley, he would probably feel compassion for the costume and he wouldn't mock you (even if Kostume means nothing to K.Rool chance)

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Lemme point you to a new, better horizon;
View attachment 65322
3DS' Online doesn't have nicknames, just make your Mii's name VOTE4KROOL and you're ret-2-go!
No bullying there! :drohyou:

Now that I think about it
Sakurai has once again changed his mind drastically
In Brawl, he didn't add Online Nicknames and Miis in general to prevent bullying.
And now, Online Nicknames a plenty (75% of the time used for bullying, good job) and Miis are allowed in Online Tournaments.
Sakurai pls. :drshrug:
I sold my 3DS but i may have to buy 1 back again.

But i wont get smash on it....only thing 3DS smash has over WiiU is smash run imo.
And..Coneria../magicent...

StormC

Smash Hero
Ridley and K. Rool supporters historically have always had almost complete overlap so let's not pit them against each other.

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
Going to be rocking my "VoteK.Rool" tag when I go online. Heck, last night I got a "YES SIR", and almost everyone I played with went DK or Diddy.

Last edited:

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
hey guys how do you take a picture of miiverse comments? there is something super super weird someone told me that i want to share.
I posted this picture on miiverse

MlWA773sVzoNcTyxJX.jpg

I received two comments. The following said

Ethan: "he kinda of is, besides the fact that he is a mii"

next one is where it gets to me... I don't know if he is just messing with my balls but this is what he said

mike: Listen sakuri confirmed he will be adding King K rool in a couple months. check out the article

I don't know. It could be he is just trolling. I asked him about the article but still no answer yet. I'm going to look online if this is true what he's saying

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I'm actually scared of using a KROOL4DLC tag because of the trolls.
You know, like, 80% of For Glory players.
You will definetly get trolled for it.

I got alot of support of no reaction pre costume release though...now its just mocking...eh..doesnt bother me to much..
Its always a uphill battle when you support the villians/heavyweights.

K.Rool's a costume
Ridley's a Boss
Mewtwo wasent in the Vanilla game
Wolf got cut . . .

Yh...life is bad for the bad guys...

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
What's happening on Wednesday? Seen some comments talking about Wednesday or something? :drshrug:
I've heard rumors of a Direct, but those don't seem to hold much water.

Still, we are a bit overdue for one, and this is the first time we're without any news on what could be forthcoming for Smash.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
What's happening on Wednesday? Seen some comments talking about Wednesday or something? :drshrug:
Famitsu, where Sakurai has a weekly column, comes out Friday, and scans of each issue come out two days prior on Wednesday. There's a chance he could address the K. Rool costume in his next column, for better or for worse. Him ignoring it would be something to consider as well.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
You know what I was thinking recently...

I just can't shake that they used jungle japes for K. Rools costume in that Mii video....I mean seriously....they have K. Rools theme in the game already, why not use it? Why use a generic song? I'll tell you why...it wasn't meant to be THE King K. Rool!

I hope so badly that at the end of this month we see the real King. Think about it, Sakurai does love to troll. Having K. Rools costume among characters that clearly aren't coming like Black Knight and Chrom especially 2 months before the ballots end. I'm sure Sakurai is well aware that the fans would lose hope. Just to throw out a surprise at the end of the month. I can hope.....

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Famitsu, where Sakurai has a weekly column, comes out Friday, and scans of each issue come out two days prior on Wednesday. There's a chance he could address the K. Rool costume in his next column, for better or for worse. Him ignoring it would be something to consider as well.
Wouldn't it be best for K. Rool for him to ignore it entirely? If he has any plans, or even considerations, of making K. Rool playable, he's almost certainly not going to address it for the better, and obviously, talking about why K. Rool was made into a costume rather than a playable character could be a death sentence. No comment at all leaves some hope and would raise questions about why he's ignoring the outcry.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Well, I got the K. Rool kostume.

I gotta say, it's a ton of fun. It looks great in HD and the moveset feels surprisingly K. Rool-esque (especially Shotput and Head-On Assault - if you imagine you're playing K. Rool in a martial arts kostume, it's pretty nifty). It isn't a patch on the real deal, of course: at the end of the day, it's fun to play about in K. Rool kosplay, but it isn't an excuse for the real King.

It's made me want to play K. Rool for real even more, of course. I'm just about to enter a tourney with the Mii and tag KRool4DLC - wish me luck!

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
You know what I was thinking recently...

I just can't shake that they used jungle japes for K. Rools costume in that Mii video....I mean seriously....they have K. Rools theme in the game already, why not use it? Why use a generic song? I'll tell you why...it wasn't meant to be THE King K. Rool!

I hope so badly that at the end of this month we see the real King. Think about it, Sakurai does love to troll. Having K. Rools costume among characters that clearly aren't coming like Black Knight and Chrom especially 2 months before the ballots end. I'm sure Sakurai is well aware that the fans would lose hope. Just to throw out a surprise at the end of the month. I can hope.....
I hope that too, but (not to lose hope because we should never) remember the ridley shadow and chrom.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Wouldn't it be best for K. Rool for him to ignore it entirely? If he has any plans, or even considerations, of making K. Rool playable, he's almost certainly not going to address it for the better, and obviously, talking about why K. Rool was made into a costume rather than a playable character could be a death sentence. No comment at all leaves some hope and would raise questions about why he's ignoring the outcry.
Yeah, that's the idea.

If he brings it up, it's almost invariably going to be something bad. Something like Chrom's with "When it comes down to it, K. Rool is just another heavy reptile and doesn't bring uniqueness to the game" or "Please understand we will not be able to accommodate all requests, but now with the Mii Fighters, King K. Rool can join the game anyway."

If he ignores it, however, the reason will likely bode much better for us, whether it's that there isn't anything to say (it's a just costume that affects nothing) or even that something bigger is being hidden.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I just hope this costume is NOT a "I'm sorry" gift. I feel like Sakurai will never let us know what is going to happen. He probably changes things in development at such a fast pace and he ALWAYS wants to surprise us. That is rather annoying. Just give us what we damn well want...please and thank you. I mean, Megaman and Sonic did happen, eventually, but I think everyone feels like they were a long time coming. (Especially due to Megaman's absence in MvC3) Now, even the K. Rool detractors know that King K. is LONG.....overdue...it is his time to shine damnit..

Here is a hypothetical letter I want to write to Sakurai:

Dear Sakurai,
It seems as though there are a few notable characters that most fans want or mention for the Smash ballot. These are the characters we expect to see when the ballot finishes, not some obscure choice that you pick from left field.. If the top characters have lots of votes all the way through the ballot then use your "creativity" that we know you have, to make ANY of your chosen picks out of that top handful of characters. Do NOT try to surprise us and be like, "Well, here is Daisy!!! She has been requested and blah blah blah"... Give us at least one of the characters that we see the fans clamoring for. If you surprise us like you do normally, but in this "fan-service" ballot, then I can say without a doubt, a lot of the trust that fans have had in you to give us what WE want, finally, will be gone.. I say to you with all the kindness in the cosmos, Please give the fans what they want. We have followed and supported this game until the end?
We, as fans, know what we want and we have put our trust in you.. Will YOU trust us now?
Thank you

Last edited:
Top Bottom