• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Bananija

Count of Trickery
On an other note, I think that the DK as a lot more chance to win. They say he punches so fast the air make explosion and that he he so strong he can shake the ground (plus they take the cartoon in account)

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I'm all for knee-jerk reactions to potentially horrible news, but ranting and raving accomplishes nothing. We don't know what this means for K. Rool. Maybe he is deconfirmed, maybe he's not. We've made it this far, let's just see what happens.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

Has anybody translated this?

Or was it already posted and I'm a :079:?

EDIT: For klarification, it talks about a Direct on the 31st discussing new kontent (stages, tourney mode, etc).

EDIT2: Disregard I am a derp.

Last edited:

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
There isn't anything preventing him except Sakurai's views on what Mii Fighters mean. Sakurai views Mii Fighters as representation for those characters/series, look at the Virtua Fighter and Tekken costumes he views them as those series/characters getting in. As I said before, this is K Rool in Smash 4.
yes but..

the translation don,t seem to indicate that :

A vivid recreation, from the bulging eyeball to the glimmering crown. Put this on, and you'll feel like King of the Kremlings!

let's hope it's just for the rare design and we will get the true paon k.rool DLC

Last edited:

Kantrip

Kantplay
Why would they make a costume of a character that they're planning to release as DLC?

There's no precedent to believe that a Mii Fighter costume is anything but a deconfirmation for a proper character.
Just because there's no precedent doesn't means it isn't possible. There's no precedent for anything the first time it happens.

I'm going to keep voting and buy this costume because I still support K. Rool and think the costume is pretty cool, but when we get him as an actual character I won't be surprised.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I just wanna put my input, I'll always give my faith that King K Rool can make it as a official fighter in Smash Bros. This is to all the fans, keep on believing and supporting. And to those that aren't going with death threats, you are great people and I hope for the best fro you all.

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior

EDIT: For klarification, it talks about a Direct on the 31st discussing new kontent (stages, tourney mode, etc).
You can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it just discusses an update, not a Direct.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

it doesn't say anything on that about a direct on the 31st

but if it does it confirms hes hiding the dlc playable characters in the update.

TallT

Smash Apprentice
I've been thinking maybe we should all ask Nintendo on their Twitter and Facebook page if having a costume deconfirms characters. They answered us when we asked is any video game character eligible.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Yesterday I started a last drawing for supporting K. Rool. After the news and before going to sleep, I felt like shredding the paper to pieces, thinking that the drawing was cursed.

Now, I feel more relaxed and confident. Because it is somewhat a little RIDICULOUS that they decided to make a Mii costume out of the most talked and probably most voted Ballot character. Either Sakurai had a very solid reason or his cousin-in-law was mauled by crocodiles.

But, I will continue my drawing. And I will change my Ballot vote to "NO MII COSTUMES REAL DEAL PLZ". For now, pass me a bucket to throw out the water off this sinking ship so we can get ashore.

Oh Kaptain my Kaptain!

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
This whole thing is weird.

Everything about this both helps and hurts K. Rool's chances at the same time.

- Sakurai is a troll
- Good: This could mean he is trying to fake us out with this and confuse us, like with the Meta Knight Mii Costume Incident
- Bad: Him being a troll could also mean that he "gave us what we wanted and put K. Roll in Smash" and is laughing his *** off

- The costume has a new model based off of his Rare design
- Good: These could be parts extracted from his playable appearance, as most of the other costumes have parts extracted from already existing models in the game, and it shows that Sakurai does care about K. Rool.
- Bad: This could mean that the team put their hardest effort into making the costume look great, because he's not playable and they want to make K. Rool's only appearance be great.

Ugh.

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
Please, fellow fans, there are still like 2.5 months left of the Ballot. Let's keep going strong.

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
I've been thinking maybe we should all ask Nintendo on their Twitter and Facebook page if having a costume deconfirms characters. They answered us when we asked is any video game character eligible.
Yes i think we should do this, but i think it would be better to wait 2-3 days before that, when everyone is calm

Elec

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5086-5666-2210
Sakurai may be trolling us for now but I bet he knows how much we want him in Smash, so this could mean he's already working on him for a future update or just wants us to support him even more.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Guys....

I'd like to apologize. I was wrong to tell you all to lose hope, to give up the speculation. It was rude, it was uncalled for, and it wans't what any of us needed this morning. It's a bit shameful to think I reached the Smash Journeyman rank today by trying to put my comrades down.

My views haven't changed. I have still see this as a shutdown, and I won't continue to believe otherwise. I won't buy that K. Rool costume, because I don't want to give them the satisfaction of getting my money for something so sub-par. I will buy all the stages, I will buy all the characters, but I will not buy that slap in the face that is the Mii costume.

Keep fighting if you want to, I'm not going to hold you back. The king will always have my vote, even if I find it pointless here and now.

Last edited:
Anybody else think this K. Rool costume is Nintendo's way of saying, "We know who you want now, so have fun with these Mii costumes while we work on the actual thing."?

We may see other popular characters show up as Mii Fighters tomorrow as well, like Isaac.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Just because there's no precedent doesn't means it isn't possible. There's no precedent for anything the first time it happens.

I'm going to keep voting and buy this costume because I still support K. Rool and think the costume is pretty cool, but when we get him as an actual character I won't be surprised.
I admire your persistence, I really do. But I just don't feel like putting myself through false hope and getting disappointed AGAIN.

If I'm somehow wrong and he actually makes it? Phenomenal.

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
Yesterday I started a last drawing for supporting K. Rool. After the news and before going to sleep, I felt like shredding the paper to pieces, thinking that the drawing was cursed.

Now, I feel more relaxed and confident. Because it is somewhat a little RIDICULOUS that they decided to make a Mii costume out of the most talked and probably most voted Ballot character. Either Sakurai had a very solid reason or his cousin-in-law was mauled by crocodiles.

But, I will continue my drawing. And I will change my Ballot vote to "NO MII COSTUMES REAL DEAL PLZ". For now, pass me a bucket to throw out the water of this sinking ship so we can get ashore.

Oh Kaptain my Kaptain!
this scene reflects our situation to 100%!
Pls everyone keep on supporting our King (or Kaptain)

Gumples

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gumples
At least this is the most representation the King has had in a Smash game yet:

SSB-Nothing
SSBM-Trophy/Music
SSBB-Trophy/Stickers/Music/Random Name in the name generator
SSB4-Trophy/Music/Mii Costume

At this rate, next game he'll be an assist trophy and then a playable character after that!

I still want to actually play as him though :crying:

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
At least this is the most representation the King has had in a Smash game yet:

SSB-Nothing
SSBM-Trophy/Music
SSBB-Trophy/Stickers/Music/Random Name in the name generator
SSB4-Trophy/Music/Mii Costume

At this rate, next game he'll be an assist trophy and then a playable character after that!

I still want to actually play as him though :crying:
Assist trophy-BOSS-character. Sorry.

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
Echoing the sentiments of many others in this thread in that I will continue waiting until the final Kredits roll. We all know the sting of holding out hope for a character inclusion based on a theoretically clever tease by Sakurai only to see that our emotions were ultimately being toyed with in a very inconsiderate way, albeit likely unintentionally so. And this may very well be another horse**** Pyrosphere stunt in that vein. But remember that we have weathered many a storm to make it to this day in which our beloved King has at least been acknowledged in a non-trivial way. We rolled with the punches of a K. Rool-less base game, a crappy Paon trophy that highlights his glaring absence, and the false start that was Smash Run Kritters. We can grin and bare it a couple months more until the ballot is officially over and the final DLC is announced. Calling foul with our remaining ballot votes will have to suffice in the meantime.

Also, your daily reminder that Miis are solely responsible for everything wrong in your life (based K. Rool image edit plz).

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
I said Ridley was deconfirmed 100%.

Other people said the shadow 100% confirmed him.

I'm just going to...pretend this never happened. My speculation stands the same. Just gotta cross your fingers. XD

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep

Translated in Wolf thread/DLC discussion thread by me:

[おしらせ]7月31日(金)の午前に、WiiU版/3DS版のアップデートを実施いたします。 WiiU版の大会機能、リプレイ投稿機能に加え、有料追加コンテンツ(Miiファイターコスチューム、ステージ)の配信をいたします。

[News] On July 31 in the morning, the Wii U and 3DS version will receive updates. Wii U Tourney mode, Replay Uploading will be added, and paid additional content (Mii fighter costume, Stage) will be distributed.

今回のアップデートで追加されるMiiファイターコスチュームは本日ご紹介したものだけではありません! 明日も引き続き、本アカウントでご紹介いたしますので、お楽しみに!

We haven't covered all Mii Fighter Costumes in this wave today yet! We'll continue tomorrow, to introduce more in this account, so have fun!
Not exactly an expert at Japanese, but... yeah. These shouldn't be too off.

Also why is there still so many people viewing?

Last edited:

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
The following could sound like grasping at straws, but could it be that sakurai is trolling us like k Rool did in DKC?
Did sakurai maybe research material to work with and now wants to do the kredit thing with us?
Where the skin is the fake end and K Rool will appear after that as a fighter.
I don't believe it but i wish it was true...

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
The thing I probably hate the most is that there's no way this costume can accurately represent a heavyweight character. Even at max weight and height, he's still dwarfed by Bowser and Dedede and Ridley.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

Disregard the "male" gender, I just didn't want it to seem suspicious that my votes were all "female" gender.

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
While most of us are arguing on whether K. Rool is deconfirmed or not.

I bet Sakurai is laughing right now.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
There's so much evidence in favor to K. Rool (not just the Ballot votes), this costumes could just add a little extra in the weighing, for the good or the bad.. But doesn't nullify all the others. The rumour of David Wise composing something for Nintendo wasn't clarified yet, isn't?

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
I got a question for you guys, what is one of K.Rool's biggest traits? Being master of adaptation and disguise! So this doesn't deconfirm him whatsoever, but rather bolsters his chances since this shows that Sakurai recognizes that the preferred version of K.Rool is the Captian persona, and since DLC characters generally don't get costumes, he did this so we could have both designs. Also think about why the costume is classic king is so that he can recognize the classic heritage while opening up for a more composite design for K.Rool as an actual character.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Come to think about it, that Great Bay Temple "leak" awfully coencides with this http://imgur.com/a/ibsmG with the whole "Old Stages, New Music" slide
But that's just overly wishful thinking

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I haven't been here since September after the full roster was leaked. When the thread was reopened back in October with the confirmation of DLC, I still didn't bother to come back in because even though I considered myself a fan of the old DKC games, I wasn't a big enough supporter of K. Rool to start passionately supporting him like I did with Ridley in his thread. But I liked him nonetheless, and wanted both him and Dixie to be playable in the future.

So this bombshell of an announcement is just...brutal. It's almost as bad as the idea of making K. Rool a stage boss. I really hope for your sake that this is just a leadup to his confirmation like they did with Meta-Knight last year.

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
Opinions here seem very mixed right now. Some think this means nothing, some imagine it means certain doom, and other percieve it as hope. As for me? I'm not sure.

For one, it's fantastic to see a representation of K. Rool in this game. The costume looks just like him, minus a few points on the hat (that looks nice but it looks like a Mii, not Rool himself). The green color, the scales, the shiny gold on him, the crown... It couldn't be any better. I'm so glad the devs knew his popularity and made something for him. It shows they do know of him.

And on the other side... well, it's a Mii costume. Why would they make King K. Rool a Mii costume? It doesn't shed a very good light on him, but it doesn't mean he's out for good.

I'm going to remain cautiously hopeful. If he is playable someday, I don't expect him playable in the July update. It seems a bit too soon and out of nowhere (Although it would be incredible). Either way, I won't get too attached, but I'll certainly still be optimistic.

Last edited:
Top Bottom