• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Pakky

Smash Hero
I feel like K. Rool's situation is somewhat similar to Ridley in that due to the magnitude of fan support for him, he wouldn't be so "implicitly" disconfirmed via something like a Mii Fighter Costume.

Rather, Sakurai would take the time to address him as he did Ridley back when Smash 4 was first released.

Not that that has to be a formal news column-esque piece of writing as it was for Ridley, just something explicit.

So I still choose to believe he has a chance until they outright say "K. Rool isn't playable." (or some equivalent to that).
Could you imagine if he fanned this away like he did with Ridley. Dear god, I hope they don't do that.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I feel like K. Rool's situation is somewhat similar to Ridley in that due to the magnitude of fan support for him, he wouldn't be so "implicitly" disconfirmed via something like a Mii Fighter Costume.

Rather, Sakurai would take the time to address him as he did Ridley back when Smash 4 was first released.

Not that that has to be a formal news column-esque piece of writing as it was for Ridley, just something explicit.

So I still choose to believe he has a chance until they outright say "K. Rool isn't playable." (or some equivalent to that).
I know you still think hes good but

you do relize king k rool is not even close to having the same problems ridley has

and sakurai probably being a troll again

(even the miis face on the costume looks trollish to me)

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
The ballot was never about fan service just an about what Sakurai wants and €£€

It is clearly gonna be Rayman.
So much Bull* i swear.
I really hope Sakurai retires and means it this time.
Cant tell you how pissed i am.
Been screwed over so damn hard over and over and over.
Bull* **** him.
Look, dude, I'm as fed up with Sakurai playing games with us as the next guy, but wishing death is going WAAAAAY too far.

I just wish retirement on him. He gets his rest, we get away from his... issues. Everybody wins.

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
As someone who voted for K. Rool and... Ridley (honestly though, K. Rool deserves it more as DK NEEDS more characters), I don't know how to stand on the update news.... if they pull the whole "Shrinking K. Rool is a huge undertaking" bs like they did with Riddles, I really feel for you guys. However, I don't think this has anything to do with it (as of July 29th), and I merely think that it's a costume. If that wasn't the case, Meta Knight would have been deconfirmed, Samus, everyone with Mii costumes etc. These things probably been said before, but as someone who WANTS K. Rool in over anyone else, a person who has seen the (for lack of a better word) Anti K. Rool (and ridley) respond to things like this, and someone who realizes this update has probably gotten some of you afraid of his chances, my hope is with you.
#KrocTheVote...ButNotForASkin

Last edited:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Haven't posted here in a while, but just wanted to come by and say I haven't lost hope in K. Rool. Sakurai's already faked people out once by revealing a Mii Costume before the character, I wouldn't be surprised if this is his way of setting people up to lose their minds for a K. Rool reveal. Doesn't increase his chances, but it doesn't kill them either.

D

Deleted member

I know you still think hes good but

you do relize king k rool is not even close to having the same problems ridley has

and sakurai probably being a troll again

(even the miis face on the costume looks trollish to me)
I'm not saying he would be so harsh with it if there is an explicit disconfirmation (as he did when playing on Ridley's "Too Big" problem), I'm just saying that I feel like he would go the explicit route at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Oh Mewtwo and Lucas can't be playbable because they already have trophies. Lucas moveset is already Ness custom movesets so Lucas can't be playbable. Oh there is already a Marth clone and another character named roy already. Roy can't be playbable.
So true.

Sandfall

Stage Designer
This costume could be a way for the Sm4sh dev team to gauge interest in the character (in addition to the ballot). If it sells well, the chances of getting K Rool would probably rise.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
Maybe this is a test. If we all gave up on K. Rool because he was made a Mii costume, it'd be clear that we didn't really want him that badly in the first place. But when they see that support has continued despite this, they'll know that making him a full-on fighter is the right (and profitable) decision.
OR, maybe they're trying to cash in on K. Rool's popularity as much as possible by making him a Mii costume as well as a DLC character.

Just trying to be as optimistic as possible, hah.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I agree that K Rool isn't down and out until long after the Kredits have rolled, but that doesn't mean this is an implicit tease either. The best thing to assume until otherwise clarified is that this is exactly what it is at face value - a costume that's come around long before the ballot ends. Use the remaining time to spread the good word. A lot of it will have been done already but it doesn't hurt to pop onto other communities you're part of and remind the K Rool fans there that they can still vote and still fight for the King.

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Champion
The heart attack I got from the news today:

But that costume... it's perfect. A big crown, golden belly, a tail. It's beautiful and everything I could have wanted for K. Rool.

Well, if anyone needs me, I'll be sending in my votes for K. Rool. Again.

Pepperoni_Lives

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Piggins91
Translated in Wolf thread/DLC discussion thread by me:

[おしらせ]7月31日(金)の午前に、WiiU版/3DS版のアップデートを実施いたします。 WiiU版の大会機能、リプレイ投稿機能に加え、有料追加コンテンツ(Miiファイターコスチューム、ステージ)の配信をいたします。

[News] On July 31 in the morning, the Wii U and 3DS version will receive updates. Wii U Tourney mode, Replay Uploading will be added, and paid additional content (Mii fighter costume, Stage) will be distributed.

今回のアップデートで追加されるMiiファイターコスチュームは本日ご紹介したものだけではありません! 明日も引き続き、本アカウントでご紹介いたしますので、お楽しみに!

We haven't covered all Mii Fighter Costumes in this wave today yet! We'll continue tomorrow, to introduce more in this account, so have fun!
Not exactly an expert at Japanese, but... yeah. These shouldn't be too off.

Also why is there still so many people viewing?
Wait... It says that the costumes are for this WAVE of DLC. Each wave has had at least 1 character. Fingers Crossed!

Last edited by a moderator:

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
(barring all the casuals banding together to make Brash the Bear the ultimate winner).
Here's something I've always wondered about.
We know most of the core audience is in favor of the Krocodile King himself, but what about the casual fans? You know, the people who don't give a damn about the competitive scene. The people who play it as a fun multiplayer party game. People who might not be very well versed in Nintendos repertoir of characters and series (as in, they know Mario, Zelda, maybe one or two more franchises).
I imagine there are a fair few of 'em. Do they vote on the ballot? If so, WHO?

I worry that the core audience may be dwarfed by the casual players numbers. But at the same time, only few of them might be aware of the ballot and don't keep up on things. They just check the DLC shop from time to time and when there's an update they're just like "neat". Or so I imagine at least.

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
The heart attack I got from the news today:

But that costume... it's perfect. A big crown, golden belly, a tail. It's beautiful and everything I could have wanted for K. Rool.

Well, if anyone needs me, I'll be sending in my votes for K. Rool. Again.
Right. It means they know what K. Rool design people want. The costume may even be a tease for K. Rool himself. This can be a very good thing. It means that if K. Rool does become a fighter, he will use this design.

It can also be bad if the costume is all we get, but I hope that K. Rool becomes DLC.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The ballot was never about fan service just an about what Sakurai wants and €£€

It is clearly gonna be Rayman.
So much Bull* i swear.
I really hope Sakurai retires and means it this time.
Cant tell you how pissed i am.
Been screwed over so damn hard over and over and over.
Bull* **** him.
I am positive the ballot is about fan service. I still think they will look at the ballot for SSB5... just like the pre-Melee and pre-Brawl polls. The ballot was never a voting booth or a popularity contest, it has always been a suggestion box. I consider this ballot to be something like a pre-SSB5 poll.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
People saying Link was a costume don't realize that Sakurai uses Mii Costumes to represent characters and series. Basically, he is serious about them. To him this IS King K Rool getting into Smash, just like how the Virtua Fighter and Tekken costumes ARE those series getting into Smash.
This. As idiotic as it is, this is where we stand.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Why the Rare design. Why why why why why why WHY?
I'm confused here.
Wasn't the rare design with the golden belly and the eyes the one that most people agreed was superior?
And the one they wanted to see?

Last edited:

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
This. As idiotic as it is, this is where we stand.
Unfortunately, this definitely seems to be his mindset.

When they showed off the Tekken costumes, Sakurai really made it sound as though "three famous fighting series were coming together".

Mii costumes aren't special at all and I don't understand why he seems so excited about them.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
The only thing that bothers me about this is just how much people get their heads up their ass saying stuff like "I told you guys K. Rool wouldn't be a fighter" as if they actually believed speculation on a forum means jack**** on the actual matter.
Don't let this turn into the Ridley thread, whoever thinks K. Rool is done for is free to do so, don't argue about something this dumb, since it could go either way, and don't take it personal either.
All we can do now is keep voting and wait.
And don't just pity each other either, that's just sad.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Man. I'm not even a K. Rool supporter. But I completely sympathize with this whole Mii Costume ordeal. The same crap happened to the poor Inklings. Not that I think it deconfirms anything. But it still feels like a kick in the nuts to be taunted in such a way. Here's hoping you guys get your K. Rool. Best of luck fellas.

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this costume is the first time we've seen K. Rool's old design in a while, right?
This also explains K. Rool's named being trademarked by Nintendo.

Top Bottom