• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I'm not saying he would be so harsh with it if there is an explicit disconfirmation (as he did when playing on Ridley's "Too Big" problem), I'm just saying that I feel like he would go the explicit route at this point.
ok

but I was talking about the interview of of sakurais why ridley is not playable interview

and most of the time he does not do it harshly

he deconfirmed chrom in a nice way

he deconfirmed ice climbers in a nice way

but the king is far from the same route as ridley

the king is not to big hes only a hair taller than donkey kong in the real games

and he was shrunken to a toad sized one in sluggers (note the toads were inflated.)

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
Now that I'm over the initial shock, this costume honestly makes me really excited. If they could make a Mii costume look as absolutely fantastic as it does, imagine how an actual K. Rool model would look...

I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment, but as of now I'm not too worried.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I'm confused here.
Wasn't the rare design with the golden belly and the eyes the one that most people agreed was superior?
And the one they wanted to see?
Yes.

The question of why they bothered making it, especially influenced wholesale by the Rare games, when they could have ripped textures off the PAON trophy model is what's confusing. Whilst I've never paid much attention to Mii Costumes, my understanding is this one looks like much more work than their normal ones, and we wonder why they went to so much bother for a Mii costume?

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
The only thing that bothers me about this is just how much people get theird heads up their *** saying stuff like "I told you guys K. Rool wouldn't be a fighter" as if they actually believed speculation on a forum means jack**** on the actual matter.
Don't let this turn into the Ridley thread, whoever thinks K. Rool is done for is free to do so, don't argue about something this dumb, since it could go either way, and don't take it personal either.
All we can do now is keep voting and wait.
And don't just pity each other either, that's just sad.
I don't even support King K. Rool and I wouldn't do that. It's immature and childish.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I see people are negative about the reveal....
I'm just happy that K Rool apparently has "relevance" now. And I think his subsequent character confirmation will follow.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
It was interesting to wake up to see the K. Rool Mii costume and the thread increasing 15 more pages. IMO, K. Rool ain't finished. He still has a very good shot to be in. It's very cool see the Rare design after 15+ years. Let's wait and see what happens next.

A lot of you guys are overreacting to this. Keep kalm and kroc on fellow Kutthroats.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I see people are negative about the reveal....
I'm just happy that K Rool apparently has "relevance" now. And I think his subsequent character confirmation will follow.
yea im exspecting that but tons of people here refuse to believe that.

(not like OMG HES CONFIRMED PLAYABLE !!!!! type of belief just neutral belief.)

Last edited:

Zoljinx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zoljinx
3DS FC
5343-8245-7441
I leave for my trip for not even 1 full day and This breaks out... Well, when the cats away I guess.

I think the Mii costume is meant to get the fans riled up, and it's definitely done it's job. But I don't believe it deconfirms him. I mean why show off this Mii costume in the first place? "Oh we have DLC coming, but it's not what you were voting for!" I'm not convinced, King K. Rool has been the most obvious front runner for the ballot, that has to count towards more than a Mii costume, it would literally spit in the face of everything the ballot stands for, and I don't see that happening.

Thoughts aside, congrats on the Mii costume I guess?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'm honestly feeling sick. I know it may mean nothing...What did Chrom's description say? If K.Rool has 'recreation' and stuff and Chrom doesn't, I'll feel more hopeful
[追加コスチューム:クロム(剣術)]『ファイアーエムブレム 覚醒』より、クロムセットが登場。 王族に現れることのある聖痕までばっちり再現。 神剣ファルシオンを携えて、先祖マルスと大乱闘だ!(7月31日配信)

I spotted the words "reproduce" and "sword Falchion" in Google Translate.

PKBuster1101

Smash Rookie
Guys, stay positive. Maybe Sakurai is teasing us...Just keep supporting K. Rool, and only time will tell what is going to happen.
I don't support him, but i ain't against him being in the game, and i wish good luck to everyone here.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
[追加コスチューム:クロム(剣術)]『ファイアーエムブレム 覚醒』より、クロムセットが登場。 王族に現れることのある聖痕までばっちり再現。 神剣ファルシオンを携えて、先祖マルスと大乱闘だ!(7月31日配信)

I spotted the words "reproduce" and "sword Falchion" in Google Translate.
Reproduce? I hoped that if Chrom is implied to be this instead of it being a Chrom replication, we'd be in for a treat

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Damn. It wasn't a dream. Oh well. Nothing left to do now but to #KrocTheVote some more and see what happens.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I have many feelings, and thoughts, as many of you do.
Perhaps it is this costme, and Nintendo is trying to milk money before revealing a new DKCR design as a character.
Perhaps this is to appease the fact that Dixie was already chosen.
Perhaps many things. But... who knows. I dont give up but Im as baffled as many.

Kind of impressive we don't have to conform to the laws of physics and still keep things perfectly balanced
Aww... you find america balanced.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
yea im exspecting that but tons of people here refuse to believe that.

(not like OMG HES CONFIRMED PLAYABLE !!!!! type of belief just neutral belief.)
Honestly for being one of the most wanted and important characters left that's not playable...he hadn't even been acknowledged as such. At least Ridley was explicitly talked about and Isaac was removed as an AT, but K Rool? We got absolutely nothing. The Mii Fighter costume seems to me a message that yes, we recognize that you want K Rool, that we're letting your own Miis dress up as them. Basically, this confirms they know about the demand for the character, which is why I think a character reveal will be the most likely next course of action taken.

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this costume is the first time we've seen K. Rool's old design in a while, right?
This also explains K. Rool's named being trademarked by Nintendo.
This is precisely the reason why I haven't given up hope yet.

If they just wanted to do a K.Rool costume, they would have used his trophy model and used his modern design.

This costume is way too detailed and has way too much thought put into it for it to just be a costume.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have many feelings, and thoughts, as many of you do.
Perhaps it is this costme, and Nintendo is trying to milk money before revealing a new DKCR design as a character.
Perhaps this is to appease the fact that Dixie was already chosen.
Perhaps many things. But... who knows. I dont give up but Im as baffled as many.

Aww... you find america balanced.
I'm not the one that drew the picture

Laniv

Smash Champion
If, and I must emphasize IF K. Rool is just a Mii Costume, playable Dixie Kong would soften the blow.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Unfortunately, this definitely seems to be his mindset.

When they showed off the Tekken costumes, Sakurai really made it sound as though "three famous fighting series were coming together".

Mii costumes aren't special at all and I don't understand why he seems so excited about them.
To add to this, he said Miis were also a solution to the endless character requests. Wow, thanks. I can play as whoever I want now, assuming they adhere to the movesets/costumes that exist for them, are mute, and are humanoid.

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
To add to this, he said Miis were also a solution to the endless character requests. Wow, thanks. I can play as whoever I want now, assuming they adhere to the movesets/costumes that exist for them, are mute, and are humanoid.
Also they can't be used online with strangers. Can't forget that.
God damn, I hate how Mii fighters were implemented.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If, and I must emphasize IF K. Rool is just a Mii Costume, playable Dixie Kong would soften the blow.
Yeah, I would hope so...
Also, Dixie Kong was planned to be in Brawl along with :4drmario::4mewtwo::4feroy: and we got them in SSB4, so why not Dixie Kong too?

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Not wanting to offend Dixie supporters around here, but if she be chosen instead of K. Rool (with him remaining as just a Mii Costume), would be the worst scenario, at least for me. Not that I don't like Dixie, but for the sake of variety, I don't want another Kong as DK representative.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Well i never was active on this thread. I always thought King K Rool would be an excellent addition. I never really campaigned for him like i did other characters Snake, Wolf, Bayonetta etc... My heart goes out to you guys and hopefully the King still has a chance at winning the Smash Ballot. Etika.. Excuse me Young Ramsey had a good point about who's winning the Smash Ballot i thought for sure it was King K Rool. I'd like to be a Kutthroat with the rest of you. Just for you guys i'm going to the smash ballot and cast a vote for the Kremlin King himself.

If there is any support signs i get put in my signature it would be deeply appreciated!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I agree, but it'd be a bittersweet ending. MOST POPULAR BALLOT CHARACTER HAD BETTER AMOUNT TO MORE THAN THIS IN SMASH 5.

Y u do dis Sakurai...why...

I'd certainly take Dixie. K. Rool would be a MUCH better choice and is the choice I voted for, but Dixie is ALSO necessary for a complete Smash roster, so.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
--> Who should buy the K.Rool costume if the actual character be released at the same time?
I'm with the mindset K.Rool is at the top of Ballot.
Nintendo saw that, they were like "Oh my god... I can't believe it, K.Rool is soo popular."
Releasing a Mii Costume before and the actual character some time after will grab twice the money.
I never was so sure K.Rool was coming than now.And with Rare design.
Anyway, voting should always be encouraged.

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
Well i never was active on this thread. I always thought King K Rool would be an excellent addition. I never really campaigned for him like i did other characters Snake, Wolf, Bayonetta etc... My heart goes out to you guys and hopefully the King still has a chance at winning the Smash Ballot. Etika.. Excuse me Young Ramsey had a good point about who's winning the Smash Ballot i thought for sure it was King K Rool. I'd like to be a Kutthroat with the rest of you. Just for you guys i'm going to the smash ballot and cast a vote for the Kremlin King himself.

If there is any support signs i get put in my signature it would be deeply appreciated!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S86XCXalbSE

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Great Bay looks like a fake. I totally buy the Dr. Mario stage, though. If that's a fake it's the most impressive fake yet.
Dr. Mario Stage?
GIVE ME THAT SOURCE (づ。० ‿०。)づ

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
The Donkey Kong vs Fire Emblem war continues... while the Donkey Kong fanbase is understandably upset about having one of the biggest potential DLC characters becoming a mii costume, the Fire Emblem fanbase is pretty ok with Chrom becoming a mii costume.

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
The Donkey Kong vs Fire Emblem war continues... while the Donkey Kong fanbase is understandably upset about having one of the biggest potential DLC characters becoming a mii costume, the Fire Emblem fanbase is pretty ok with Chrom becoming a mii costume.
Whats your intention in saying this?

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
I mean, Chrom was already a Final Smash anyway, so he didn't have much chance even before the costume.

No disrespect to Chrom fans, I'm just telling it like I see it.

Top Bottom