• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
While most of us are arguing on whether K. Rool is deconfirmed or not.

I bet Sakurai is laughing right now.

If he truly finds this funny, then Smash 5 needs a new director. Many of us are in agony right now. Did he honestly think this would make people happy? While I think Sakurai is often misguided, he's definitely not sadistic. This isn't the end for K. Rool.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I have a feeling things are going to get worse before they get better. More Mii Fighter costumes? If Wolf or Dixie are among them. I am done.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I said Ridley was deconfirmed 100%.

Other people said the shadow 100% confirmed him.

I'm just going to...pretend this never happened. My speculation stands the same. Just gotta cross your fingers. XD
Anybody who said he shadow 100% confirmed he was stupid.
Saying he was 100% deconfirmed due to the shadow wasn't the wisest decision either.

Hope for Ridley wasn't lost until he wasn't in the 3DS version. After that, hope was pretty dead, and was slaughtered when he was confirmed as a boss.
It was completely reasonable to have hope after the Pyrosphere incident. Ridley was a highly requested character, and it didn't make sense for Sakurai to tease him in the role people didn't want him to be in. But it also made sense to think he was going to be a boss, as that is what Sakurai teased.

It's similar here, except the role K. Rool was just given is a role that characters who are playable can also have, and is a role that Sakurai revealed a character having before revealing him to also be playable two days later (just to mess with the fans). Don't forget that this is for a fan ballot where popularity truly matters, and is after Sakurai said the remaining DLC characters will be entirely fan-service.

I can totally see K. Rool being revealed in this Friday's direct, two days after he was revealed as a Mii Fighter costume, just like how Meta Knight was revealed to be returning as a playable character two days after his Mii Fighter reveal.

If K. Rool isn't revealed on Friday, however, I will start to lose hope. If a Mii Fighter costume for the King was being added two days before a direct, for the sole purpose of screwing with the fans, K. Rool would be revealed in that direct. It simply wouldn't make sense to have a K. Rool tease/troll two days before an series of announcements, when you aren't going to announce him at that event, but rather a month or so later.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Come to think about it, that Great Bay Temple "leak" awfully coencides with this http://imgur.com/a/ibsmG with the whole "Old Stages, New Music" slide
But that's just overly wishful thinking
That's definitely fake, but honestly, I think Great Bay could very well be real. The importance about the Great Bay leak is that its clearly a video showing off gameplay footage, so it would prove some sort of video is coming... if its real. That would also explain where the other leaked stages came from.

There's so much evidence in favor to K. Rool (not just the Ballot votes), this costumes could just add a little extra in the weighing, for the good or the bad.. But doesn't nullify all the others. The rumour of David Wise composing something for Nintendo wasn't clarified yet, isn't?
It hasn't been clarified, but its most likely a brand new game. That said I could see him comissioned to do a remix or two for Smash while working on said brand new game (which would most likely be a DK game if anything). Plus, K. Rool is now in Smash Bros. as more than just a trophy, and he's been brought back outside of a mere Virtual Console release. At the very least, K. Rool is guaranteed to be coming back into the Nintendo and DK scene.

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
Hey, sounds like I'm out of the loop.
What is this Great Bay leak people are speaking of?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I got downvoted on Reddit for pointing it out because heaven knows, to contradict people's fairy-tale that "K. Rool fans are the new Ridley fans" (most Ridley fans not even deserving the stigma they now have) is blasphemous...but there's nothing intrinsic about K. Rool that should hold him back.

With Ridley, a developer can't will away his gangly limbs and wings...they're there, for better or worse. But a developer can easily, easily say "K. Rool's not relevant and the fans want him back? Wish granted!" There's no scenario where bias isn't a factor in a K.
Rool exclusion (barring all the casuals banding together to make Brash the Bear the ultimate winner).

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
I'm not the strongest K.Rool supporter (hell, I never posted in this thread & look at my avatar), only completed Tropical Freeze and therefore never played a game with him in it. But I must say that I love his design, because it looks like pure Rareware-goodness. Since I love heavyweights and would like to have another DK rep, I'd love to see him entering the fight!

I'm telling you guys to not be discouraged by the Mii skin - it says nothing. Your fanbase seems to be much stronger than the ones I normally support, but after all, K.Rool seems to have the highest possibility of all the characters I'd like to see in the game. Keep going, it's only a costume & quite a few existing characters have costumes as well - it doesn't matter :)

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Let's straw grasps for a second.

What if by "fan-service", Sakurai means to represent the DLC fighters as much as possible, with mii costume, stage, trophies and more?

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
K. Rool is not a character I can see pre-ballot wise, he'd be a ballot candidate, I personally doubt he'll be revealed in the update so early when the ballot hasn't ended.

Just my view on the matter.

Last edited:

dahuterschuter

Smash Journeyman
But, they're not boycotting us.
I just explained thoroughly how they were.

They haven't given us EXACTLY what we wanted, but the primary goal of the Kremling Kampaign was to bring back K. Rool.
No-one is talking about your imaginary group of internet pirates. We're discussing the Smash Ballot, the purpose of which was to vote for which character you'd like to see as their own fighter in the game. When I say, "us" and "we" I'm talking about everyone who who voted for K Rool in this. I do not care about your little Smashboards hugbox.

Please get on topic.

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
This is one of those ambiguous cases where it can go either way. There's not really any point of jumping to any conclusions yet.

Of course, remember there's still other updates to come that may include new characters. We might not even get any characters this update; it's never been clarified.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
This is one of those ambiguous cases where it can go either way. There's not really any point of jumping to any conclusions yet.

Of course, remember there's still other updates to come that may include new characters. We might not even get any characters this update; it's never been clarified.

your the first one today that its not just me saying stop jumping to conclusions.

oh and by the way they said theres more for tomorrow, so it could be a mini direct just like before E3 this year
(but I really doubt it though.)

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Im almost sure the dlc character will be someone who is super marketable, I feel bad for you guys another amazing character gets pushed aside by sakurai.
The ballot was never about fan service just an about what Sakurai wants and €£€

It is clearly gonna be Rayman.
So much Bull* i swear.
I really hope Sakurai retires and means it this time.
Cant tell you how pissed i am.
Been screwed over so damn hard over and over and over.
Bull* **** him.

Pakky

Smash Hero

So much Bull* i swear.
Bull* **** him.
I'm not going to tell you to calm down, you have the right to vent. I too am upset, but let's just wait it out and see.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
It doesn't look good but the best we can do is to go down like a Klobber against a Kong. This may be a hit in the head, but we're going to keep popping up and pushing forward until we make it to our destination.

It may not be Smash Bros 4 DLC, but even if this costume rules the Rool out (which remains uncertain), we can capitalize on this appearance to inspire the productive disappointment that has motivated a lot of our kampaign.

We've made it far and K. Rool's name is on the lips of both old fans and new. He is even on the lips of people that wanted him dead and buried. We'll continue forward in the same way.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I'll buy the K. Rool costume, no kidding.. it's great! And I really appreciate that's for the Brawler (which is the one I use against my friends); But I'm not (much) worried about the real K. Rool fate in this game;
--Even knowing Sakurai and his story of debatable choices, I don't think he's in the mood of pointing and laughing of anyone right now. (given the Iwata situation).

cybersai

Smash Ace
King K. Rool's Mii costume is a very good thing, because it shows K. Rool is finally being recognized and if you guys all buy the Mii costume his chance along with the ballot will continue.

The Inklings are likely to be playable eventually too, you think the costumes for them will stop them?

Weeman

Smash Crusader
You guys amaze me, not moved by the news a bit.
K. Rool still stands strong!
At least this shows us that he is a strong enough ballot candidate that he brought Sakurai's attention.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord

So much Bull* i swear.
Bull* **** him.
Really warrants wishing death upon a man, don't it?

Last edited:

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
I honestly can't stand those who are saying that K. Rool is automatically deconfirmed just because of the Mii Costume.

Oh Mewtwo and Lucas can't be playbable because they already have trophies. Lucas moveset is already Ness custom movesets so Lucas can't be playbable. Oh there is already a Marth clone and another character named roy already. Roy can't be playbable.

All I can say is if your a true supporter for the character then don't give up. There still might be a chance. Unless Sakurai down right deconfirms K. Rool. This whole Mii Costume doesn't mean anything.

Fuerzo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Erudites
Great Bay looks like a fake. I totally buy the Dr. Mario stage, though. If that's a fake it's the most impressive fake yet.

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman

So much Bull* i swear.
Bull* **** him.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
To the people saying that the costume doesn't hurt his chances, it was stated that characters with a high amount of votes may get put in other roles.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866

So much Bull* i swear.
Bull* **** him.
You clearly seem to know everything about the ballot and what it includes. Please stop acting like this simply because a character you like wasn't included.

Anyways, this is my first time in this thread posting (I have watched this thread though). In all honestly, I don't think the costume hurts his chances in the slightest, and this is coming from someone who supports him. My first reaction was thinking how cool the costume looked, and then realized it's his Rare design. I do view re-doing votes for him as a knee jerk reaction though. Just because a costume was shown for him, doesn't mean all hope is lost for him. Just keep showing support as normal, and I would hope this thread could calm down.

With that out of the way, is there anyone else who thinks the costume looks cool? It's classic King K. Rool, it's great to see it appear after so long!

D

Deleted member

I feel like K. Rool's situation is somewhat similar to Ridley in that due to the magnitude of fan support for him, he wouldn't be so "implicitly" disconfirmed via something like a Mii Fighter Costume.

Rather, Sakurai would take the time to address him as he did Ridley back when Smash 4 was first released.

Not that that has to be a formal news column-esque piece of writing as it was for Ridley, just something explicit.

So I still choose to believe he has a chance until they outright say "K. Rool isn't playable." (or some equivalent to that).

Top Bottom