• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
People saying Link was a costume don't realize that Sakurai uses Mii Costumes to represent characters and series. Basically, he is serious about them. To him this IS King K Rool getting into Smash, just like how the Virtua Fighter and Tekken costumes ARE those series getting into Smash.

Last edited:

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
If he's not in the game, it actually shouldn't come as a surprise. You can never take it for granted that a character is going to be included in the game, just because he's really popular amongst the hardcore Smash/Nintendo fans (Ridley) that actively participate in discussions on forums etc. You also need to take into consideration that there's hundreds of thousands of votes sent in by "casuals" that just aren't as interested in Smash/Nintendo as we are. I have 16 friends who voted in the ballot, and none of them even know who K. Rool is. They simply don't have the same relationship towards certain characters that we do, and because of that, I wouldn't be surprised if we get something totally bland, such as Goku, Yasuo, Shy Guy etc. Really sad when you think about it.

However, I don't think this is finished. We'll just have to wait and see, and keep our hopes up :072:
Oh yes, it's totally the filthy-scrub-casual-slime-balls-they-should-all-die-Nintendo-is-serious-business-not-voting-for-characters-I-personally-like-why-can't-they-be-elite-like-me-get-on-my-level-casual's fault...
/sarcasm

FYI, most of the votes, for people like Goku are people making jokes, not casuals.

Creativion

Smash Apprentice
hey guys did you know when the Meta Knight Mii Fighter accessory was revealed Meta Knight as a character wasn't revealed yet.

I know King K. Rool is more unlikely because of his Costume but still you never know. Link, Meta Knight, Peach, Luigi, Mario, Wario, and Shiek have things for Mii Fighters

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
People saying Link was a costume don't realize that Sakurai uses Mii Costumes to represent characters and series. Basically, he is serious about them. To him this IS King K Rool getting into Smash, just like how the Virtua Fighter and Tekken costumes ARE those series getting into Smash.
Its still undeniable that he added a Link costume even though Link was already in the game. That happened in no other circumstances, so it can't just be overlooked.

Oh yes, it's totally the filthy-scrub-casual-slime-balls-they-should-all-die-Nintendo-is-serious-business-not-voting-for-characters-I-personally-like-why-can't-they-be-elite-like-me-get-on-my-level-casual's fault...
/sarcasm

FYI, most of the votes, for people like Goku are people making jokes, not casuals.
There's an awful lot of people who actually believe that Goku can be added into Smash. No, they're not just making jokes, they are being serious. (And there's no way Goku is ever getting into Smash. Sakurai openly mocked the very notion.)

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I DONT GIVE A ****ING **** **** SAKURAI ****ING PRICK for **** sake ****ing **** i swear to ****ing god if he adds Rayman/Shantae/Shovel Knight over this?
What a ****ing ****** he should have ****ing died instead of Iwata the ****ing prick.

1st Ridley and now ****ing this i can not tell you how ****ing mad i am for **** sake.
****ing ban me dont give a **** **** him ****ing ****.
Real****ingTalk .
****ing prick.
Pathetic.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
On the facebook post announcing the K. Rool mii, It said something along the lines of "Look just like the Kremling Kring", signifying you aren't actually playing as K. Rool, unlike some previous characters... If I'm correct.

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
hey guys did you know when the Meta Knight Mii Fighter accessory was revealed Meta Knight as a character wasn't revealed yet.

I know King K. Rool is more unlikely because of his Costume but still you never know. Link, Meta Knight, Peach, Luigi, Mario and Wario have things for Mii Fighters
To be fair, those hats were all things Miis canoncially wore, and you can't really compare them to new, full costumes. I believe they literally lifted every Mii Plaza hat at the time, including character ones.
That said, the Link costume is still a thing. Still the oddball in all arguments.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
"It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened?

But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines, it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why.

But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. Because they were holding on to something...

There's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it's worth fighting for."

- Samwise Gamgee, The Lord of the Rings

Everything will be okay. Just calm down and relax. We've come too far to jump ship on a whim. There's still hope.

Come what may, I've kommitted myself to to this krew. If this ship goes down, I'm going down with it.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
Mario had a Wario costume long before the real deal was included, therefore Miis having a K. Rool costume doesn't deconfirm him?

It's a stretch, but hey.

edsett

Smash Apprentice

I know King K. Rool is more unlikely because of his Costume but still you never know. Link, Meta Knight, Peach, Luigi, Mario and Wario have things for Mii Fighters
Mii costumes for veterans ≠ Mii costumes for potential newcomers.
I wouldn't say K. Rool is flatly deconfirmed but this certainly doesn't help his chances.

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
All the characters besides Link just have hats instead of a full costume. K Rool's costume pretty much deconfirms him like how the costumes deconfirmed other characters. I don't see what the Link costume has to do with anything since Link was already in the game, these are characters (K Rool, Dunban, KK Slider, etc) that AREN'T in the game and this is their representation in Smash.

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
If I can throw my two cents into this, I think this is great news. The folks over there must know the popularity and demand for K. Rool and have got something big planned for him. The Mii costume may be a hint at things to come. You see the detail on that thing? No way it wouldn't be JUST for the Mii costume.

Call me optimistic, but I got a gut feeling about this.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
To re-iterate again - there are still two whole months of the ballot left. Two whole months to vote for K Rool as a playable fighter and to convince Sakurai to choose him. A lot of people are acting like this is over; it isn't. He got a costume, not a deconfirmation. We have absolutely no evidence this costume has anything to do with the ballot, just speculation. It's useless trying to draw precedent for this in other costumes when there is so little to draw either way.

Put simply, until we see the King himself appear in another role or Sakurai outright deconfirms him, then we just carry on voting for him like we always have.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace

The Link Mii costume pretty much tells me that K. Rool's Mii costume doesn't kill the King's chances. I'm not worried in the slightest.

I'm going to ride this wave out for a while.

Last edited:

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
If I can throw my two cents into this, I think this is great news. The folks over there must know the popularity and demand for K. Rool and have got something big planned for him. The Mii costume may be a hint at things to come. You see the detail on that thing? No way it wouldn't be JUST for the Mii costume.

Call me optimistic, but I got a gut feeling about this.
Or, more cynically, they wanted it to look extra good to make up for his exclusion.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Kindly save the expletive-laden death threats for 4chan or something. Let's try and remain the good community we've always been right to the end, and attract new fans by acting as such.

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
Kindly save the expletive-laden death threats for 4chan or something. Let's try and remain the good community we've always been right to the end, and attract new fans by acting as such.
espacially when there are so many potentially new Kutthroats viewing this thread. (76 users and 75 guests)
You are all welcome to be 'one of us' :4dk:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
espacially when there are so many potentially new Kutthroats viewing this thread. (76 users and 75 guests)
You are all welcome to be 'one of us' :4dk:
Of course, many of them are probably here just to read the K. Rool fan's tears and gloat.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

The Link Mii costume pretty much tells me that K. Rool's Mii costume doesn't kill the King's chances. I'm not worried in the slightest.

Still having great hope and a gif of my second favorite A:TLA character.

You are my main man.

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
All the characters besides Link just have hats instead of a full costume. K Rool's costume pretty much deconfirms him like how the costumes deconfirmed other characters. I don't see what the Link costume has to do with anything since Link was already in the game, these are characters (K Rool, Dunban, KK Slider, etc) that AREN'T in the game and this is their representation in Smash.
The thing is, Dunban and K.K. Slider are already non-playable characters; the former appears in Shulk's final smash, and the latter appears on both Animal Crossing stages. K. Rool, however, has no role in the game whatsoever. There is nothing preventing him from becoming a playable character. Suspiciously, they made a brand new model for the Mii costume using his Rare era design which hasn't been seen in like 15 years. Maybe you're right; maybe he isn't coming. But it doesn't hurt to ask questions.

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
The thing is, Dunban and K.K. Slider are already non-playable characters; the former appears in Shulk's final smash, and the latter appears on both Animal Crossing stages. K. Rool, however, has no role in the game whatsoever. There is nothing preventing him from becoming a playable character. Suspiciously, they made a brand new model for the Mii costume using his Rare era design which hasn't been seen in like 15 years. Maybe you're right; maybe he isn't coming. But it doesn't hurt to ask questions.
There isn't anything preventing him except Sakurai's views on what Mii Fighters mean. Sakurai views Mii Fighters as representation for those characters/series, look at the Virtua Fighter and Tekken costumes he views them as those series/characters getting in. As I said before, this is K Rool in Smash 4.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
And on this line: if he isn't planned to become one, we still have time to change that by voting. This isn't a comparable situation to either that or Ridley, where there wasn't anything that could be done regardless of what people's personal opinions on the matter was. We can do something about it by voting (civilly) more for King K Rool and showing Nintendo precisely how much we want him.

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
There isn't anything preventing him except Sakurai's views on what Mii Fighters mean. Sakurai views Mii Fighters as representation for those characters/series, look at the Virtua Fighter and Tekken costumes he views them as those series/characters getting in. As I said before, this is K Rool in Smash 4.
Hello Sakurai nice to meet you.
And very polite that you share your thoughts with us....

Goodstyle_4

Smash Journeyman
It wasn't a death threat to be fair, it was more of a "It should have been you who died instead" comment.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Guys, guys, let's calm down and think for a bit. Firstly, mii costume mean nothing to the chance of a playable character to be in Smash, it's just a mii costume. Secondly, look a this costume for a bit, look which design they used : they Rare one. This mean that if we win at the end, chance of getting the Rare design is high. Lastly, this is a good lesson to tell us to continue voting and campaining for the king.

As a great ape one said :
Bluster is so benevolent.jpeg

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
It wasn't a death threat to be fair, it was more of a "It should have been you who died instead" comment.
Either way it's completely unacceptable even if it were over something a little less trivial than this.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Has anybody accurately translated the official tweet? Something about this seems fishy; the pieces are too neatly placed, too perfectly aligned for this little stunt.

More kontent was mentioned, korrect? Over the course of today / the next kouple of days, even? I do recall thinking (in my innocent naivete) that Meta Knight was disconfirmed when the Meta Knight mask was revealed, only for him to be konfirmed the next day.

I don't know what to think, truth be told. On this side of the equation, we have kharacters like KK Slider and Khrom that had either already been disconfirmed or had little in the way of popular support; on the other side of the equation, we have the Inklings, who were popular characters and had a sudden and quite shocking kostume reveal on the eve of their game's public release.

What sets this apart from the Inkling kontext for me is that fact that K. Rool's kostume is so detailed, more so than the Inklings' kostume; moreover, the fact that the kostume isn't intended to be playing "as" K. Rool, per se, it's just a kute kosplay (whereas with the Inklings, it's implicit in the design that the intention is to play "as" them, if you will). The fact that it's almost entirely inspired by the Rare design just makes me even more kurious; konsiderate, even.

Damn this K-word schtick is krazy hard!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

may I join that ride?

because I'm with you

I am not worried at all either.

what is pathetic is lots of people are jumping the gun that king k rool is decofirmed.

because I know no one gets deconfirmed nor confirmed until sakurai saids so.

the worst part is etika is one of them, and he said earlier he think it does not deconfirm the inklings yet.
I think.

Last edited:

Lunatros

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna log out for today and come back tomorrow, I hope everyone is feeling better by then. Don't lose hope, everybody!

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
Maybe I've just turned hyper cynical after the whole Ridley debacle, but I just can't see this as good news.

I was happy when I saw the other Megaman character costumes, because I knew there wasn't a snowball's chance in Norfair that We'd get more actual Megaman characters, especially after Ryu showed up. I didn't even mind the inkling costumes, seeing as how it was far too soon for them to be thrown into Smash.

But this? This is Sakurai telling us that Donkey Kong isn't worth another character. And to that I say, HURRY UP AND RETIRE! FOR YOUR SAKE AND OURS!

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Has anybody accurately translated the official tweet? Something about this seems fishy; the pieces are too neatly placed, too perfectly aligned for this little stunt.

More kontent was mentioned, korrect? Over the course of today / the next kouple of days, even? I do recall thinking (in my innocent naivete) that Meta Knight was disconfirmed when the Meta Knight mask was revealed, only for him to be konfirmed the next day.

I don't know what to think, truth be told. On this side of the equation, we have kharacters like KK Slider and Khrom that had either already been disconfirmed or had little in the way of popular support; on the other side of the equation, we have the Inklings, who were popular characters and had a sudden and quite shocking kostume reveal on the eve of their game's public release.

What sets this apart from the Inkling kontext for me is that fact that K. Rool's kostume is so detailed, more so than the Inklings' kostume; moreover, the fact that the kostume isn't intended to be playing "as" K. Rool, per se, it's just a kute kosplay (whereas with the Inklings, it's implicit in the design that the intention is to play "as" them, if you will). The fact that it's almost entirely inspired by the Rare design just makes me even more kurious; konsiderate, even.

I guess you're right on that part. Also the K word schtick isn't that hard. Ed Boon did it for 20 years

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

The more likely scenario is that popularity alone wasn't enough and that Sakurai has thrown a bone to K. Rool fans. Unfortunately it's in very poor taste.

It's theoretically possible that he was passed up for Dixie. I just hope that this is the case and that we don't get nothing from DK.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Wait....what is this about K rool as a skin!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

TheLightningGamer

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1375-7316-4338
I know this is a King K Rool thread and all, and I feel bad for the big guy, but does anyone care about Chrom after all he's been through in this game?

Top Bottom