• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

StriderTheReaper

Smash Rookie
NNID
StriderHedgehog
3DS FC
2423-3029-0103
That K Rool kostume katastrophe feels like a royal kick in the stomach, but we mustn't lose hope. Now, when all hope seems lost, we must press on (and on and on) to make sure our voices are heard. We must help K Rool through his darkest hour to ensure he has his finest!

It is as others have said, it looks bleak, but we must wait for Sakurai to deliver the final word before we pass judgement.

Also, what's that song based on, SonicSmasher1?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Someone should change the characters in this gif to K. Rool and Sakurai.

It's times like this that I'm glad nearly all the characters I wanted for this game have already been confirmed (:4dedede::4myfriends::4littlemac::4megaman::4ness::4palutena::4wario:), deconfirmed (Takamaru, Waluigi, and Ashley) or put into the "Don't Hold Your Breath" category (:popo:). Kudos for staying on Sakurai's Wild Ride for so long and not just calling it quits until the start of SSB5 speculation.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Well! Listen here, while I make it clear!
I can't believe you can't see what we see here!
A crocodile is the superior species,
Put me in Smash, and not as a Mii!
Read the ballot clause,
It's clear who the fans adore!

Because you're one of us! One of us!
You're mean and green, scaly sheen.
Can't you see you're one of us?
You walk the line, my brother Croc.
Arm in arm, together we rock!

Sakurai:
Well, if what you say is true...
Then on top of those others for my brothers I'll just add you
With these fangs and this scaly skin...
There's no question that we're family, next of kin!

Cause I'm one of you! One of you!
Same crew, nothing I can do. I can see I'm one of you.
One of you, one of you! The same crew,
I'm really one of you!

Want to make this song a reality? Then submit a vote to the Smash Ballot thanking Sakurai for his work so far and requesting K Rool be made a fully fledged fighter!

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Guys, calm down. Stop saying it's over. Until the ballot ends it won't be over. Plus, think like this, why did they make an all new model for the mii costume instead of using the trophy one?
Because it's a consolation prize.

That's all this Mii fighter suit is. an acknowledgement that we wanted King K. Rool, but that they also don't care.

We're not getting K. Rool, just like we didn't get Ridley after his shadow floated across Pyropsphere. This is not a red herring, this is the dev team saying "Thanks for trying, but you're not getting K. Rool".

WE LOST.
End of story.

Last edited:

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
for peak sake.

stop panicing!

hes not deconfirmed until sakurai saids so, we went threw this already.

the ridley debate ending because of the interview sakurai gave which in a way is him stating hes deconfrimed.
(but its still going on a little)

so im never saying he failed until the man himself saids so.
meh true. i said that about mewtwo and we got em. perhaps k. rool as a costume means we may get him later.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Jokes aside, the model on the mii looks really good.
It's the first appearance of K rool's classic design since melee if I'm correct, and on a playable model nonetheless.
(though not the one we hoped)
I just hope this negative feedback doesn't make it so other characters that would've gotten mii's don't get anything at all.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
It's simple really. Sakurai doesn't like the Donkey Kong franchise. In fact, it was probably Nintendo that told him he had to add Diddy Kong in Brawl or he wouldn't have been added.

And maybe he knew K. Rool was high on the ballet and was like "screw that crocodile, I'll make him a Mii Costume so I don't have to make him a character!"

And/Or maybe when he meant fanservice he meant fanservice that is relevant so say around 2010-2014 area which K. Rool isn't. But not anything newer either cause the next Smash game would need the newer stuff. (So that's why no Inkling)

Maybe he just hates K. Rool. I really couldn't tell you. Unless this is like the Meta Knight situation where he'll get confirmed soon, I feel like Sakurai is purposely ignoring the Donkey Kong franchise and this is a just a big F*** you from Sakurai for wanting anything from it.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Well, I am a bit disappointed, but I am not so upset about the Mii costume thing.

As for the ones who are upset, I made this song for you all...

No! I can't believe what I see
K. Rool's in as a costume
And it makes no sense to me

In his current state
It may be to late
But if you add him in it'll make everything straight

You gotta add him in (Sakurai: No can do!)
Can't leave him out (Sakurai: Don't you dare pout)

Sakurai, let him be part of the Smash
Let him be part of the main cast
Sakurai, let him go back to the Smash
Playing as him would be a big blast

Please, I am down on my knees
There's a croc that needs to fight
Sakurai you really must let him be
Oh man, won't you hear my plea
Come on, come on, come on, he's great
Can't you see

You gotta add him in (Sakurai: I'm not sure)
That is the way (Sakurai: No way, Jose!)

Playing as him would be a big blast

Sakurai: Okay, I'll think about it.

Can you guess what song this is based off of?
It's the song DK sings with Eddie in "It's a wonderful life".

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
And i thought i felt angry when i found out about the original roster....
Seriously i can't remember me to get THIS angry...
Glad i did not buy Smash 4 yet and guess i willl never.
But I am going to vote the sh*t out of the ballot for K Rool right now!

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892

That's all this Mii fighter suit is. an acknowledgement that we wanted King K. Rool, but they don't care.

We're not getting K. Rool, just like we didn't get Ridley after his shadow floated across Pyropsphere. This is not a red herring, this is the dev team saying "Thanks for trying, but you're not getting K. Rool".
Except the ballot isn't supposed to end until October. Let's assume for a moment that K. Rool is in second place behind... Goku. How do they know that he won't receive an additional 100k votes by the ballot's end? None of this makes any sense, which is why I'm so stressed out right now. I'm exhausted both mentally and physically. I just want closure. I just want some concrete answers.

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
It's simple really. Sakurai doesn't like the Donkey Kong franchise. In fact, it was probably Nintendo that told him he had to add Diddy Kong in Brawl or he wouldn't have been added.

And maybe he knew K. Rool was high on the ballet and was like "screw that crocodile, I'll make him a Mii Costume so I don't have to make him a character!"
Or maybe he just thought there were other characters that were better/easier/more interesting?
For all we know, we're getting Dixie and Cranky.
People act like these vendettas because they think it's all popularity. It isn't. He's been on record saying that uniqueness is most important. Rools unique, but maybe there's some other characters that are even more unique.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Except the ballot isn't supposed to end until October. Let's assume for a moment that K. Rool is in second place behind... Goku. How do they know that he won't receive an additional 100k votes by the ballot's end? None of this makes any sense, which is why I'm so stressed out right now. I'm exhausted both mentally and physically. I just want closure. I just want some concrete answers.
I think that's what we all need right now, and we will inevitably come to such a conclusion this Friday.

Sleep? **** sleep.

oinkers12

Smash Apprentice
I came up with a comparison for this incident. Imagine a kid asks for a puppy. However the parents do not want to get one. So instead they give the kid a stuffed puppy that looks like the real one. It is not the same though.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Btw, folks. If you do intend to resend votes try and not let your emotions cloud you.

Indignation is one thing; but don't be abusive about this.

While this is a bummer in some degrees (depending on how you see it) I count among the small victories that's ultimately going to #BringBackKRool proper. So I can't be that salty about this. I still have hope for him in the long run.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
Or maybe he just thought there were other characters that were better/easier/more interesting?
For all we know, we're getting Dixie and Cranky.
People act like these vendettas because they think it's all popularity. It isn't. He's been on record saying that uniqueness is most important. Rools unique, but maybe there's some other characters that are even more unique.
But when you're ignoring the most requested character for the sake of uniqueness, there is a problem.

Ridley is understandable. But K. Rool is not.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I'm allowing myself all the tin foil hattery I want until the next Direct.
I don't wanna be grabbed by this like Ridley did.

He dragged me across the wall with nothing more than a cold hard slam to the ground at the end.

I don't wanna get grabbed by K. Rool.

Anyways, I once made a totally black Mii to serve as a mouth for the Petey Piranha outfit in Mario Tennis Open.
It wil serve as K. Rool's gaping mouth now
HONK

Buuuuut, I have one week of tin foil hattery so here we go:

-The design.
Not only is it largely based on the Rare-design, which is the fan favorite design instead of the muhrelevant PAON-design, it also has the blue jewel from the latter design.
This makes the Mii Costume an amalgation, instead of a rehash of their last used design.
And having a redesign for just a Mii Fighter Costume is either big (but stupid) dedication (to something stupid) or a foreshadowing.

Anyways, prank, foreshadowing, cruel joke or just nothing, all will be revealed next direct.
I'm not holding hope for after that.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218

That's all this Mii fighter suit is. an acknowledgement that we wanted King K. Rool, but that they also don't care.

WE LOST.
End of story.
way to be optimistic;
No, we didn't lose. Until an official deconfirmation by Sakurai himself at Famitsu or something saying "I know K. Rool was a popular choice, but I couldn't make him, so I made this costume, bla bla" it's not the end of the line.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace

WE LOST.
End of story.
The ballot isn't even over yet, so we have no clue whether or not this effects the results.
Perhaps they saw K. Rool's popularity on social media and made him a costume before checking the ballot?
Either way, I wouldn't count K. Rool out until sakurai explicitly states he can't or wont be added,
Although I am seeing pyrosphere shadow flashbacks...

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Votes don't matter at this point, though. They've most likely made their decisions and are creating them as we speak. There are two more spaces remaining, and as shown by this costume, King K. Rool is not one of them.

Look, I'm not trying to flame. I am extremely and utterly disappointed, King K. Rool is my most wanted by far.

But I'm giving up. I'm not going to play a part in this optimism, because I don't believe for a second anything will come from it. We've done this before with Ridley, and even though I never supported him, I know what that feels like. And I'm not going to blind myself into thinking otherwise.

Like I said, Game over.

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Except the ballot isn't supposed to end until October. Let's assume for a moment that K. Rool is in second place behind... Goku. How do they know that he won't receive an additional 100k votes by the ballot's end?
Ballot closes in October, yeah, but:
  1. I'm guessing voting has probably petered out, so it's unlikely for characters to start surging.
  2. They are probably working a lot of this stuff out before the ballot closes. They likely have plenty of data now.
None of this makes any sense, which is why I'm so stressed out right now. I'm exhausted both mentally and physically. I just want closure. I just want some concrete answers.
If you don't mind my saying, I think you're a bit too invested in this.

Arklos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arklos
3DS FC
5455-9619-1086
I came up with a comparison for this incident. Imagine a kid asks for a puppy. However the parents do not want to get one. So instead they give the kid a stuffed puppy that looks like the real one. It is not the same though.
And with a stuffed puppy with a creepy face coming out of it's mouth too...

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Votes don't matter at this point, though. They've most likely made their decisions and are creating them as we speak. There are two more spaces remaining, and as shown by this costume, King K. Rool is not one of them.

Look, I'm not trying to flame. I am extremely and utterly disappointed, King K. Rool is my most wanted by far.

But I'm giving up. I'm not going to play a part in this optimism, because I don't believe for a second anything will come from it. We've done this before with Ridley, and even though I never supported him, I know what that feels like. And I'm not going to blind myself into thinking otherwise.

Like I said, Game over.
So, you're saying YOU lost, because we didn't; You're a Kritter of low faith.

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
Guess i am gonna leave speculation from now on.
Don't be pessimistic and keep on voting for K rool for hour finest our!
I am still going to support K Rool as much as i can but i am out now.
bye

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Like I said, Game over.
Where the hell do you get this notion that there are, for a fact, two spaces remaining? We know jack ****. They haven't said ANYTHING about how many characters are left. Its pure BS to say that there are exactly two characters left.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
Though the costume is one hell of a downer, I'm not giving up on Kuhrool until Sakurai comes out and directly shoots us down like he did with Ridley. Call me crazy, call me delusional, but I've been on this train way too long to give up because of a Mii costume.

On the bright side, that costume is really stinkin' cool.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Like I said, Game over.
And this what's the problem. You gotta have have faith, man.

You can't just give up when there's adversity (despite it not even being that much damage to his chances) in your face.

Y'all kids don't have any fight in yourselves, you give up when it time gets tougher. Stand strong keep believing and have faith, when you do great things will happen.

Stuff is gonna stay the same if you just punk out now

Top Bottom