• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm not sure what to think of this.

*King K. Rool as a Mii costume*

"But Meta Knight tease!"

Meta Knight wasn't a newcomer. In reality, this is closer to the Inklings than anything, and as a matter of fact both are in identical predicaments right now; trophy and Mii costume. Does it automatically deconfirm them? No. Does it lower their chances? Yes, especially because of the costumes.

Now, don't think of this as me giving up. I'm trying to analyze the situation, but that doesn't mean I don't want KKR anymore.

Speculation is wild.

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
I would just like to say that the mii costume may have been made way before the smash ballot, Sakurai probably decided that now was the time to reveal it. Don't give up now! K. Rool is a very requested character, his chances are still very high!

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I already got Pac-Man, Little Mac, Duck Hunt, Iggy Koopa and Ryu (the last two being the characters I never thought that would be viable), and I'm extremely happy with Smash4 so far (I'm humble and I STILL got happy with Dillon and Ashley inclusions as Assist Trophies, which were characters I wanted too)... but I'm not giving my K. Rool votes for anyone else; It's more than a character that I want badly, it's sounds more like justice in my head.

Last edited:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I'm not sure what to think of this.

*King K. Rool as a Mii costume*

"But Meta Knight tease!"

Meta Knight wasn't a newcomer. In reality, this is closer to the Inklings than anything, and as a matter of fact both are in identical predicaments right now; trophy and Mii costume. Does it automatically deconfirm them? No. Does it lower their chances? Yes, especially because of the costumes.

Now, don't think of this as me giving up. I'm trying to analyze the situation, but that doesn't mean I don't want KKR anymore.

Speculation is wild.
The only hard thing to account for in speculating about this situation is that Sakurai is a MASTER troll and there are variables involved that we can't confirm or deconfirm. Time will tell.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The only hard thing to account for in speculating about this situation is that Sakurai is a MASTER troll and there are variables involved that we can't confirm or deconfirm. Time will tell.
One way or another, Crashboards will return when the time comes.

D

Deleted member

Say guys I know this is a bad time you know with the whole "King K Rool mii costume" thing but the death battle preview video of DK just came out today I hope this make you guys feel a little better.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

I could tell this video was going to get activity again when I saw the Mii costume.

Except now it's more heartbreaking than anything.

Disclaimer: this isn't schadenfreude, just pointing it out.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
We still got a MAJOR DK character in the mix and her chances are just as strong.

We just need the backing and the help
View attachment 64637
This ship hasn't sank yet.

Until King K Rool is outright disconfirmed, he is where Kutthroats' votes should be going. The ballot isn't close to over and we have the opportunity to try change Sakurai's mind if this is all that's currently planned. We shouldn't waste it.

Good luck for Dixie though; hopefully she has a better time of it than this thread is currently having.

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
It's important to remember that the Smash Ballot is a suggestion box, not a voting booth. Even if King K. Rool truly is dominating the Ballot, it doesn't mean that the development team will decide to use him as a DLC fighter.
At the same time, having a Mii Fighter costume doesn't necessarily mean the Kremling King won't be a DLC fighter. While the likes of Isabelle, Proto Man, and Inkling are Mii Fighter costumes so are Link, Samus, and Mario. The latter three are all playable characters within the game.
For what it's worth, I think the King's costume looks really nice. His scales and eyes are nicely detailed, and he even has a tail like in the old days.

SirJuicius

Smash Apprentice
Here's the thing... that costume design looks way too authentic for me to believe there isn't an actual King K. Rool character that is playable. The King K. Rool trophy in the game has his aztec costume, not the classic. If Sakurai and crew were really set on making King K. Rool a Mii costume only, I would think that they'd use the skin and attire from his trophy. They put some time into this. Also, I have to think that Sakurai and crew knew that with the announcement of the Smash Ballot, King K. Rool would be a top character in the poll. So I think they have been developing this for quite some time, but since the ballot doesn't end until October, I believe this was distributed to keep the fans engaged.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
YOOOOOOOOOO

You guys, this ain't over yet.
I'm gonna have my battle against K. Rool yet. I want to bash all you lots golden guts in with my trusty mechanized mallet!

So you guys best not crumple and falter, I'll be mighty disappointed otherwise.
I'm your biggest supporter, but not as a Kutthroat, but an antagonist.

You guys got this, I believe this firmly.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Woke up this morning and read the news.

At least a Mii fighter costume is better than nothing, right?
Not to mention, he can always be considered for the next Smash game, right? The high support he has from the ballot should affect his getting into the next game.

Last edited:

TheLethalPacifist

Smash Cadet
Me this morning after last seeing us at page 866

"What's going on in this thread, did something happen?"

After looking through the costumes

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING!"

Luigi player

Smash Master
My first thoughts...

- WHAT THE **** SAKURAI why would you kill him like this...
- the Mii K. Rool costume actually looks really good
- it's really sad for this to happen.........
- now DK might not get a third character representative, it can't be...
- oh! maybe Dixie still has a chance *hopes*

I'm really sad actually that we missed the chance to get a good design for K. Rool again. :( K. Rool would probably look amazing if he was added... I guess there might still be a little hope, but eh, it's looking pretty bad for the King to be a real playable fighter.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
YOOOOOOOOOO

You guys, this ain't over yet.
I'm gonna have my battle against K. Rool yet. I want to bash all you lots golden guts in with my trusty mechanized mallet!

So you guys best not crumple and falter, I'll be mighty disappointed otherwise.
I'm your biggest supporter, but not as a Kutthroat, but an antagonist.

You guys got this, I believe this firmly.

Am I the only one who read this in King Dedede's voice? lol

We'll be disappointed if we don't get to battle you either but luckily we'll make sure that won't happen.

D

Deleted member

Don't worry guys there is still 3 month until the smash ballout is done and King K Rool is the most vote character in smash bros fandom this mii costume doesn't prove anything I am 100% share well be a playable character.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Hopefully we'll get some kind of direct, then we just wait for the "kredits" to roll...

That costume makes me feel great and terrible at the same time. His scales are dark and bumpy, his gut is golden, his crown is huge, he has a tail, even the fingers are lacking nails like the classic design, so accurate, but it's just a costume...

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Okay, so I got no sleep last night, it's going to be super hot in the plant today, and the previous night I only had 4 hours sleep. Took the day off using a call in vacation day. Gonna go take a nap and come back later.

Do I feel bad about taking a vacation day so trivially? At first yeah, then I realized it was going to get up to about 110 degrees F in the plant and it would be a living hell in there with no sleep/energy, so I don't feel so bad anymore.

I'm telling you guys, this is a ruse! That fancy model didn't come from anywhere and I have no idea why they'd bother to bring back the old Rare design in all its glory with a shiny new texture if it wasn't off a playable model! Just wait for those kredits to roll just like @ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux said! Oh god, I looked into the mirror and one of my eyes is completely bloodshot while the other is fine.

"Son of a *****, I'm becoming K. Rool, and going as crazy as him too."

And after that huge slew of spelling errors I had to redo about six times I'm going to bed. Gnight.

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
If he is deconfirmed (and I don't think he is), on the plus side he can be in Project M.. ya know the fun Smash game you can play on Wii U...

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

This ship hasn't sank yet.

Until King K Rool is outright disconfirmed, he is where Kutthroats' votes should be going. The ballot isn't close to over and we have the opportunity to try change Sakurai's mind if this is all that's currently planned. We shouldn't waste it.

Good luck for Dixie though; hopefully she has a better time of it than this thread is currently having.
Our group is just small but we still have hope. Atleast we aren't Wolf support group where everyone is crying Death of their chances everyday

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
I've thought about this a bit more and I actually think that this may improve his chances to be totally honest.

Think about it-
Why would they bother changing his character design for a costume? They HAVE a King K.Rool model that they used for his trophy.
King K.Rool hasn't used this design since DK64, meaning that Sakurai consciously made the decision to revert back to this older design because he liked it more.
It seems like an awful lot of work to create an extremely detailed, redesigned, retro looking King K.Rool just to be used as a costume. If they wanted to make a King K.Rool costume, they would have just used his modern design that they used for his trophy.

They got this model from somewhere, and I'm thinking that it's from his fighter model. There is way too much work and thought put into this costume for it to be just a costume. I'm not buying into it.
Imagine if they released a Ridley costume, but used a completely new model for it that looked similar to his SNES design as opposed to the boss model they have in-game. That would definitely raise some eyebrows.

I'm absolutely convinced that there's more going on here than just a costume. Maybe he was a fighter at one point and was scrapped, maybe there's a new DK game in the works and they got the model from there, or maybe he's still coming as DLC.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Not worried at all. It looks ****ing cool. And it's a classic-themed one too. (With a tail!)

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, I am a bit disappointed, but I am not so upset about the Mii costume thing.

As for the ones who are upset, I made this song for you all...

No! I can't believe what I see
K. Rool's in as a costume
And it makes no sense to me

In his current state
It may be his fate
But if you add him in it'll make everything straight

You gotta add him in (Sakurai: No can do!)
Can't leave him out (Sakurai: Now don't you pout)

Sakurai, let him be part of the Smash
Let him be a part of the main cast
Sakurai, let him go back to the Smash
Playing as him would be a big blast

Please, I am down on my knees
There's a croc that needs to fight
Sakurai you really must let him be
Oh man, won't you hear my plea
Come on, come on, come on, he's great
Can't you see

You gotta add him in (Sakurai: I'm not sure)
That is the way (Sakurai: No way, Jose!)

Playing as him would be a big blast

Sakurai: Okay, I'll think about it.

Can you guess what song this is based off of?

Last edited:

Pepperoni_Lives

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Piggins91
Guys, calm down. Stop saying it's over. Until the ballot ends it won't be over. Plus, think like this, why did they make an all new model for the mii costume instead of using the trophy one?

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
yup. we lost. sakurai you lazy *******.
k. rool deserves much more than a lazy costume for miis!!!!!
I wouldn't call it lazy. The model is spectacular, look at those bump maps! Also, hope isn't gone yet, keep fighting!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
for peak sake.

stop panicing!

hes not deconfirmed until sakurai saids so, we went threw this already.

the ridley debate ending because of the interview sakurai gave which in a way is him stating hes deconfrimed.
(but its still going on a little)

so im never saying he failed until the man himself saids so.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I've thought about this a bit more and I actually think that this may improve his chances to be totally honest.

Think about it-
Why would they bother changing his character design for a costume? They HAVE a King K.Rool model that they used for his trophy.
King K.Rool hasn't used this design since DK64, meaning that Sakurai consciously made the decision to revert back to this older design because he liked it more.
It seems like an awful lot of work to create an extremely detailed, redesigned, retro looking King K.Rool just to be used as a costume. If they wanted to make a King K.Rool costume, they would have just used his modern design that they used for his trophy.

They got this model from somewhere, and I'm thinking that it's from his fighter model. There is way too much work and thought put into this costume for it to be just a costume. I'm not buying into it.
Imagine if they released a Ridley costume, but used a completely new model for it that looked similar to his SNES design as opposed to the boss model they have in-game. That would definitely raise some eyebrows.

I'm absolutely convinced that there's more going on here than just a costume. Maybe he was a fighter at one point and was scrapped, maybe there's a new DK game in the works and they got the model from there, or maybe he's still coming as DLC.
Or it's exactly like Ridley's situation, planned, but decided against mid-development and made into some sort of lazy rehash just because total absence would create even more of an uproar.

Top Bottom