• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Let me put something in question: all the characters we have as costumes right now have their costume parts ripped straight from existing models... The only exception, maybe, it's Akira, but he probably was the easiest to make since he's polygonal (based on the original Virtua Fighter); But that K. Rool costume is original.. there's no model like this, I mean, with Rare design (the Melee trophy is not like this, neither his Donkey Konga appearance was a 3D model, just a rendered sprite); In theory, they could use the Paon design (which happens to be already in the game as a Trophy) to make the costume... but no, they went through the "hardest" path.
There is a fresh new model for K. Rool based on his Rare design,... and probably is his playable version (IMO).

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3f0n43/are_k_rool_fans_basically_the_new_ridley_fans/ This is not good guys. Get in there and tell them who WE ARE. This fight is NOT over until Sakurai says so.
The difference is that Rool is, at worst, not going to be considered in the short term.
Ridley has explicitly been stated by the developer to be unviable.

I don' think it's possible for Kuthroats to be on that level. He' s been knocked down, but he isn't 100% out. Worst case, he's out for this game, not for the next. Ridley...is unlikely to be considered unless there's a change in devs or Ridley is given a redesign.

Shog

Smash Ace
This reminds me of Pyrosphere and Ridley ....
I hope this turns out to be different

Shawksta

Smash Apprentice
So this explains the recent trademark

Im surprised they gave us back the gold belly

I'm still supportive, for all we know this could be a throw off for an actual reveal later, King K Rool is one of the most requested characters and if Sakurai said he'lol focus on fan service then justice must be served

Shawksta

Smash Apprentice
This reminds me of Pyrosphere and Ridley ....
I hope this turns out to be different
To be fair, we have characters who also have Mii costumes like Link, and Metaknight, Metaknight'a costume was also revealed before the Metaknight reveal.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Mii costumes are the single worst thing to happen to Smash. I'll go on the record saying that now. :/

Everyone, just keep your cool. And by all means, vote, for K. Rool's sake. Vote like there's no tomorrow.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Mii costumes are the single worst thing to happen to Smash. I'll go on the record saying that now. :/

Everyone, just keep your cool. And by all means, vote, for K. Rool's sake. Vote like there's no tomorrow.
I ****ing hate miis

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Let me put something in question: all the characters we have as costumes right now have their costume parts ripped straight from existing models... The only exception, maybe, it's Akira, but he probably was the easiest to make since he's polygonal (based on the original Virtua Fighter); But that K. Rool costume is original.. there's no model like this, I mean, with Rare design (the Melee trophy is not like this, neither his Donkey Konga appearance was a 3D model, just a rendered sprite); In theory, they could use the Paon design (which happens to be already in the game as a Trophy) to make the costume... but no, they went through the "hardest" path.
There is a fresh new model for K. Rool based on his Rare design,... and probably is his playable version (IMO).
That's the light at the end of this dark tunnel, essentially. My hope is banking on that nifty *** new model they have based on the Rare design (nd it's not the first time Sakurai used a character's older rendition over a newer one, Mega Man and Pac Man to be specific) was used from playable K. Rool's model who's most faithful to the Rare version. I'm thirsty for the huge turnaround in this thread and across the internet when that K. Rool reveal hits us.

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
I resubmitted my vote.

I feel King K. Rool is a great choice for a fighter in
Smash Bros, and a costume is only hurting the character himself. HE wears the costumes, not the other way around. But I'm not asking for all of his known personas and outfits, I'm just asking for him to be playable. What was the point of the ballot if you were just going to make characters into Mii costumes?

Don't spit in the fan's faces and then pick who YOU want. That's not the 'fanservice' we were expecting. Do the right thing, we know you can do it.
Just, just hang in there, everyone.
Just hang in there.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I see a bright side of today guys. Whether it be K. Rool's reveal tomorrow or friday, OR him being deconfirmed alas. I'm GLAD in the strives we've made to even get this COSTUME into the game. That shows how much dedication and effort us as FANS have put in. I'm proud of every single person of this thread and every supporter for making it THIS far as to get something into a Nintendo game. That's INCREDIBLE. REGARDLESS of him being an actual character or not, yet, tomorrow, or in october, this costume is a symbol of our support and effort AS OF NOW.

:pikachu:

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I see a bright side of today guys. Whether it be K. Rool's reveal tomorrow or friday, OR him being deconfirmed alas. I'm GLAD in the strives we've made to even get this COSTUME into the game. That shows how much dedication and effort us as FANS have put in. I'm proud of every single person of this thread and every supporter for making it THIS far as to get something into a Nintendo game. That's INCREDIBLE.

:pikachu:
I want to die.

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
Just because there's a costume doesn't mean there's no hope. In the words of the mighty Chrom, "anything can change!". After all, Meta Knight had a hat before he was announced. Sakurai is quite known for deception,

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
i still don't understand why they reveal k.rool costume right NOW. in the middle of nowhere... after 2 BIG k.rool days news...

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Ive just read some of this.

Do people really think k rool is going to be in after this?
Smash fans in general are stupid as hell.

Everything is confirmation or a deconfirmation.

Also, Good Lord there's 83 people in here

Itty Bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Itty Bit♪
3DS FC
2878-9679-6999
Just saw the update this morning. Coming from a person who's favorite character has practically no chance, I just want to let you guys know to not let your hopes down, as your crocodile compadre still has a great chance. If characters like Link can still be in the game and have a mii costume, then so can K. Rool. I'm sure mii costumes mean nothing when it comes to the fact the rest of the characters coming in will be fanservice. And what could be better fan service at the moment than K Rool?

At this point, I'd be happy even if Lip got nothing more than a mii costume...

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Okay, here's what I wrote in the ballot as a revote:
As a playable character, NOT AS A MII COSTUME.

King K. Rool is one of the most beloved and recognizable Nintendo characters among those who have yet to be playable in Super Smash Bros. and he absolutely deserves to be promoted as a fighter. Making him just a Mii costume is underestimating his influence in the Donkey Kong Country series and as a Nintendo villain overall. His crown toss, his cannonball barrage and his blunderbuss are iconic parts of his arsenal and it would be awesome to see him using them as a fighter.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I'm gonna bet this is a tease since he's probably going to take a while to make but still WTF
It's GOT to be lol. The costume and face on the mii look WAYYY too troll. And for K. Rool being as highly requested, while sakurai said he's "doing it for the fans." I'm feeling something more to come. Just have to wait for it.

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
Just because there's a costume doesn't mean there's no hope. In the words of the mighty Chrom, "anything can change!". After all, Meta Knight had a hat before he was announced. Sakurai is quite known for deception,
I'm not trying to be a downer, but Sakurai isn't as big a troll as everyone thinks. It's more like they read things into his words, and then are disappointed when he doesn't come through.

That said, he does troll. Just...short term. Like in the Smash Direct..."Zero Suit Samus won't be in this game....JUST KIDDING." He always makes it clear that he's kidding really soon after.

If Rool is in, I expect him by Friday, next week at worst. Otherwise...well, let's look at things more long term.

TimidKitsune129

Falling into Infinity
NNID
TimidKitsune129
There is a possibility that the Mii costume is a way of determining how much he would sell if he were to be made an actual character. He may be one of, if not the most requested character in the ballot, but Sakurai may not be sure if he would appeal to the majority rather than a few people, in which case buying the mii costume would probably be a good idea. Doesn't really make much sense, considering he's been highly requested for years, but it's Sakurai. He doesn't make sense either.

Another possibility is that this is all just a clever troll maneuver meant as an ironic twist of K. Rool's tendencies of changing costumes in every game, and a tease that K. Rool will be coming.

...Or there's also a possibility that Sakurai just doesn't care about K. Rool and a Mii costume was his way of copping-out. If this is the case, however, he'd be going against what the ballot is meant to be about, fanservice.

Who can say for sure...

Of course, there's the possibility that a Mii costume is not necessarily a sign of deconfirmation, but yeah... Occam's Razor and stuff.

But don't give up guys. Continue voting, voice your opinions to Nintendo themselves through Miiverse and the ballot, and do what it takes to get your king on the ring. If he ends up being deconfirmed, at least you can go out with a bang and proudly proclaim that you did your best. If he ends up being confirmed, all this effort will pay off and be completely worth it.

The best of luck to you all, Kutthroats~!

By the way, I've lurked here a few times but I don't think I've ever introduced myself. Count me in as a supporter~! :3

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
If he hard deconfirms Rool within the next week I'm just gonna pack up and quit Smash speculation forever. I'm too old for this.

Lunatros

Smash Cadet
Already sent my ballot request in again. I'm half convinced that this is a ruse, and we're getting an announcement in a day or two, but still, this throws off my whole damn day.

oinkers12

Smash Apprentice
While I'm still optimistic somewhat, I really cannot believe this still. I have a sneaking suspicion that the Ballot will give us a clone or semi-clone. I mean nearly the entire Smash community is exploding over this. I don't even know anyone who buys Mii costumes or plays as Miis. King K. Rool's moveset literally writes itself. It felt like all the stars were aligned (heavyweight, villain, good moveset, personality). However, one star wasn't: Sakurai's opinion. That being said, there is still a possibility that he will get in. Until he says "BTW he's too big LOL OK," we still have a chance. There are two more months of the ballot and we have to work hard in those two months to get over these hurdles (that I don't understand are here in the first place).

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
There is a possibility that the Mii costume is a way of determining how much he would sell if he were to be made an actual character. He may be one of, if not the most requested character in the ballot, but Sakurai may not be sure if he would appeal to the majority rather than a few people, in which case buying the mii costume would probably be a good idea. Doesn't really make much sense, considering he's been highly requested for years, but it's Sakurai. He doesn't make sense either.

Another possibility is that this is all just a clever troll maneuver meant as an ironic twist of K. Rool's tendencies of changing costumes in every game, and a tease that K. Rool will be coming.

...Or there's also a possibility that Sakurai just doesn't care about K. Rool and a Mii costume was his way of copping-out. If this is the case, however, he'd be going against what the ballot is meant to be about, fanservice.

Who can say for sure...

Of course, there's the possibility that a Mii costume is not necessarily a sign of deconfirmation, but yeah... Occam's Razor and stuff.

But don't give up guys. Continue voting, voice your opinions to Nintendo themselves through Miiverse and the ballot, and do what it takes to get your king on the ring. If he ends up being deconfirmed, at least you can go out with a bang and proudly proclaim that you did your best. If he ends up being confirmed, all this effort will pay off and be completely worth it.

The best of luck to you all, Kutthroats~!

By the way, I've lurked here a few times but I don't think I've ever introduced myself. Count me in as a supporter~! :3
I agree 100% kitsune. Why even though, this kostume is... meh, I'll buy it just to support the king. We have options in this situation! And officially, Welkome!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
To be fair, we have characters who also have Mii costumes like Link, and Metaknight, Metaknight'a costume was also revealed before the Metaknight reveal.
That wasn't a costume. It was just a mask. :4metaknight:

The Link costume argument is still possible but I am not holding my breath for it.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
It's just been a bad morning all around. I had to get blood work done, which I hate. Found out I have a mild hernia and now this....AND I'm at work now :(

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
It's just been a bad morning all around. I had to get blood work done, which I hate. Found out I have a mild hernia and now this....AND I'm at work now :(
Sorry to hear about all of that. Hope you have a better time the rest of the day and a better tomorrow!

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I think King K. Rool's chances are the same as before. Ballot didn't even end yet, unless we get confirmation that Sakurai is already using ballot results. In which case I still think the King has the same chances as before. It's easy money for them to have ballot characters as both playable and Mii costumes.

EDIT: Remember when trophies were deconfirmations? They made a Mewtwo trophy even though he was planned DLC.

Last edited:

Lunatros

Smash Cadet
I'd also like to note that I woke up early today and couldn't go back to sleep, and I was just like "Okay, I'll get up and stay up". Then I noticed the 15 extra pages on this thread and....

Enemy Birds

Smash Cadet
As DustyDog said, the announcement of the costume will be the announcement of whether K. Rool gets in at all. It would be weird if they showed off the costume but didn't indicate whether or not the real deal was coming soon.

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
All of the Mii Hats that shipped with the game are from Streetpass or Tomodachi, aka, things they canonically wore.
I don't think we can count a hat/mask they canonically wore as the same thing as a completely new, full costume.

Last edited:

deleted

Smash Cadet
I know this whole mii costume fiasco is troubling but i feel maybe we should keep our hopes up, their really doesn't seem to be a reason a costume would decomfirm him i might be to optimistic(or in denial) everyone should probably wait it out till an actual comformation/decomfirmation is out

Top Bottom