• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
If THIS is what we're getting, and not him as a full character - then that is the biggest smack in the face ever. Even Sakurai know how popular and wanted K. Rool is. Making him a Mii and NOT a character would be the worst decision ever.

That would be like removing Wario's classic Shoulder Bash attack (like they did) and instead give it to the Assist Trophy Waluigi.
And this is why k. rool's chances are pretty high. The K. Rool costume teaser seems like the BIGGEST troll in history, and if It's not then It's the coldest move by Nintendo in 2015. So our chances of K. Rool being a character are still high. imo

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
You guys are being ridiculous. If anything, this helps K. Rool's chances. It's so Sakurai to release this costume before unveiling K. Rool as a real newcomer. How does being a mii costume make him ineligible?
Why would they make a costume of a character that they're planning to release as DLC?

There's no precedent to believe that a Mii Fighter costume is anything but a deconfirmation for a proper character.

StormC

Smash Hero
It's just so... detailed. It even has the gold belly and tail, for Christ sakes! How could we come so close yet miss so much?

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Okay I'm not continuing this with you, I said what I did.
Oh no you can't say that, you're bashing other fanbases. Please don't state you opinion on what seems to be the case. *sarcasm.
Make up your mind.

This is not yet a deconfirmation. This isn't great news for K Rool in Smash 4, I will concede, and I am no happier about it than anyone else. But as has been discussed repeatedly, there are better avenues to explore. Send in a protest vote for King K Rool, making it clear you want him as a playable character, not a Mii Costume. Tweet Nintendo and/or Sakurai. These are all healthier avenues of venting and have far more chance of doing anything than complaining about other characters who might have been chosen when there are still two months of the ballot left.

I want to repeat that. The ballot is not over. There is still plenty of opportunity to get out there and show Nintendo how much we really want the King. That's what will make the difference. If Nintendo sees enough support, they can be convinced to add K Rool in addition to an existing costume. And if in the (unfortunately, fairly likely) event that K Rool doesn't make it in as a playable fighter, we know we did it all, and most importantly, know that we have provided K Rool with a really strong platform to return to his series as a whole. Just think about what we've achieved:

- K Rool's costume in SSB4, the most direct use of them since Sluggers
- Widespread support for his revival, including his creator, the developers at Playtonic, and the CEO of Retro Studios

Ultimately though, the other fanbases don't deserve us throwing our poop at them like a bunch of dirty apes. We are Kutthroats, not Kongs.

Kaptain K. Roolenstein

Smash Apprentice
Ok, no way in hell am I reading all them pages but I got the gist of it.

I'm still (cautiously) optimistic about K. Rool's chances. Mii fighter for me doesn't deconfirm him in the slightest, since there are costumes of already playable characters for Miis as well as that Meta Knight stunt. Still though, right when the community is in high spirits and when the media began covering K. Rool, THAT'S when Nintendo drops the news. I just always hate seeing a passionate and peaceful community get torn like this.

I won't let this get in the way of my support for my favorite villain though. Now's not the time to give in. Nothing is deconfirmed yet. Look on the bright side, if K. Rool is playable, 100% likely he'll be based off his classic Rare design since I know you guys as well as I favor it the most. That and we got Nintendo to acknowledge the King. Pretty powerful stuff when it's purely based on fan demand. So yeah, I'm still in belief that K. Rool will make it in.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Guys...

Now we're just turning into the post-shadow Ridley thread.

@ Xzsmmc Xzsmmc is right.

The dream is dead.

We're done.

Last edited:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace

I hope Nintendo sees this somehow. Pretty huge outcry.

BTW, yes guys, I do think we SHOULD be keeping our composure in these times. Even though we have more than a handful of guests in the thread we can't, and WON'T end like the Ridley thread did. We're all dissapointed, and many of us have stated that already, we just have to move on. It's not over yet.

And yes I'm glad they took the rare-goldbelly design for his costume. :sick: hard to say that with a straight face today.

Last edited:

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
Guys...

Now we're just turning into the post-shadow Ridley thread.

The dream is dead.

We're done.
Hey, I'm being one of the most negative people in here, and I don't think it is.
Does this mean Rool isn't being considered NOW? Probably. Definitely? No.
Does this mean Rool won't be considered later? No. Especially if this makes fans louder.
And even if he doesn't make it in this time...they know, beyond doubt, how popular he is. He'll probably be considered next time.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm sorry guys, this is such a ridiculous tease. I'm really worried the ballot will be ultimately irrelevant, just like the Japanese ballots before the other games.
They weren't irrelevant though. The big one following Smash 64 pretty much determined a vast majority of the cast for both Melee and Brawl. The worst case scenario is that the Smash Ballot suggestions will be used to determine characters for Smash 5.

BlueSmasher73

Smash Rookie
Well if everyone gives up now then K. Rool chances are really gone. I'm still in this fight. I will keep fighting until October, stop giving up so easily.

Last edited:

Hebrew Hammer

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2251-5154-5209
Kind of on topic I guess but all the talk of the retro look being the one for the outfit does make me wonder that if K Rool is still in the works what design he will take. I assume im in the minority because I prefer the Sluggers design we see in most modern trophies of K Rool and such. I love his classic look because its what I grew up knowing but the newer design fits better with Smash to me. I can understand why people aren't the biggest fans of it considering the lack of scale textures and the smaller crown but I love the modern look for K Rool more than the classic. Its probably the brighter green skin and the look of his head in promotional artwork compared to those of the old model. His new voice on the other hand, that can go in the dumpster, i'd take his old voice anyday

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
You know, now that I think about it, it's not impossible to think that Sakurai is trolling us with the costume.
I mean, the whole incident is strangely reminiscent of the Kredits from DKC. It might seem like he's dead, but he's actually still alive.
That said, I'm not holding out hope for this to come true. I would ABSOLUTELY love to be wrong, though.
I just hope Rayman (my most wanted character) doesn't either get a Mii Costume or becomes an Assist Trophy.
I get chills just from thinking about the possibility.

Last edited:

Enemy Birds

Smash Cadet
If worst comes to worst, I'm gonna make a Mii of a screaming Kong. That way, when I give it the K. Rool kostume, it won't look like a Mii in a suit so much like real K. Rool, eating one of his enemies.

...What? It's better than nothing...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

I hope Nintendo sees this somehow. Pretty huge outcry.

BTW, yes guys, I do think we SHOULD be keeping our composure in these times. Even though we have more than a handful of guests in the thread we can't, and WON'T end like the Ridley thread did. We're all dissapointed, and many of us have stated that already, we just have to move on. It's not over yet.

And yes I'm glad they took the rare-goldbelly design for his costume. :sick: hard to say that with a straight face today.
Please no Meow Meow Mario... please add Meowth, Nintendo. :052:

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
I'm torn between being optimistic, angry, saddened, and wanting to give the person who decided that K.Rool should be nothing more than A f**king costume a Jason Todd special.

NK1046

Smash Apprentice
I believe that K. Rool actually still has a really strong chance besides the costume, because they obviously know about how much we want him and they have the textures and everything for him. Link has a mii costume and he's obviously playable. the only way in my eyes I see that he is fully deconfirmed if Sakurai says so. Until then I await the announcement.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I'm trying to keep the faith I had when it was unsure if Mewtwo was going to be included, its just hard. I hope Wolf is okay...

Last edited:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I believe that K. Rool actually still has a really strong chance besides the costume, because they obviously know about how much we want him and they have the textures and everything for him. Link has a mii costume and he's obviously playable. the only way in my eyes I see that he is fully deconfirmed if Sakurai says so. Until then I await the announcement.
GREAT way of looking at it. Everyone else, take some notes, this guy. We KAN still do this.

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
I'm just going to sum up what I think.

I think the message here is pretty clear. Chrom being with him makes it clear that they're "Ballot favorites" getting a consolation prize.

However, I don't think costumes deconfirm things in the long term, just the short. People establish all these rules, but he doesn't follow them.
Character has a trophy? Add them anyway.
Another character named Roy? Well, let's make it so there are two Roys!
I'm probably not going to add fighting game characters? Ryu!
Nintendo All-Star Game? SNAKE, SNAKE, SNAAAAAAKE!
I don't think a costume will hurt him in the long run. After all, we do have a Link costume, and an Isabelle AT/Costume. It's clear he doesn't feel that costumes and characters conflict. I think the idea is that it's "The Mii cosplaying as that character" anyway.

Even if he isn't in today, doesn't mean he won't be in tomorrow.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I'm just going to sum up what I think.

I think the message here is pretty clear. Chrom being with him makes it clear that they're "Ballot favorites" getting a consolation prize.

However, I don't think costumes deconfirm things in the long term, just the short. People establish all these rules, but he doesn't follow them.
Character has a trophy? Add them anyway.
Another character named Roy? Well, let's make it so there are two Roys!
I'm probably not going to add fighting game characters? Ryu!
Nintendo All-Star Game? SNAKE, SNAKE, SNAAAAAAKE!
I don't think a costume will hurt him in the long run. After all, we do have a Link costume, and an Isabelle AT/Costume. It's clear he doesn't feel that costumes and characters conflict. I think the idea is that it's "The Mii cosplaying as that character" anyway.

Even if he isn't in today, doesn't mean he won't be in tomorrow.
I just hope tomorrow isn't smash 5

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
That's the one big positive I take away from it. The K. Rool suit is very well textured, more than I'd expect for a simple Mii outfit.

I asked once but it wasn't replied too so I will ask again:

What are the odds those textures were ripped from an existing K. Rool model?

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3f0n43/are_k_rool_fans_basically_the_new_ridley_fans/ This is not good guys. Get in there and tell them who WE ARE. This fight is NOT over until Sakurai says so.
It's already happening...

Last edited:

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
This isn't the time.

Like I said. If this is meant to replace K. Rool, THE ENTIRE BALLOT IS COMPROMISED. EVERYONE is in danger right now.

Don't get so catty that K. Rool didn't make it when your ballot vote is at just as big of a risk right now.
I don't really understand why people think King.K Rool is number 1 in the ballot base off of polls and also that's a very arrogant thing to say to other character supporters and just makes me mad.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Th4pdsrzs-6X303PPpw5m-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/htmlview#

This poll has Snake as number 1, with over 40 K votes, a poll doesn't really mean anything but just gives us a small view of what is possible TO BE. So no, everyone isn't in danger, just because you see poll =/= that character is number 1 on the smash ballot. You don't hear me saying Snake is number 1 or anything like that just because I see a poll with over 40 K Votes. Don't be surprised to see a different character as number 1 on the actual Smash Ballot.

The Internet can be misleading my friend.

So in the end no, this doesn't compromise other characters it just shows POPULARITY isn't the only thing that matters when it comes to making a character, in fact the Smash Ballot says they will *Consider* a character, this doesn't mean that the #1 character will get in just because THEY'RE #1. What most likely will happen is that they (Sakurai) will consider that character and think about it. Imagine if SHANTAE was #1 on the ballot, I'm pretty sure Sakurai has never considered her a candidate but with her being number 1 it just gives her spot for consideration in becoming a smash fighter.

TL;DR: Popularity on Smash Ballot = Higher chances that Sakurai will even consider the character being Smashified

The note of the K.K.Rool being a Mii costume, it's truly is unfortunate that such a popular character with a dedicated fan base gets the Mii treatment /: . However what I don't like is people dissing the Smash Ballot because of a character who is Supposedly number 1 getting the Mii costume treatment.

Don't drown other characters just because of a event that MIGHT compromise your character

Also btw I support K.K Rool for Smash 4 as long as you know... Snake comes along as well :grin:. Hopefully we can get some...Divine Intervention on these matters.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
That's the one big positive I take away from it. The K. Rool suit is very well textured, more than I'd expect for a simple Mii outfit.

To my knowledge, it's the only Mii costume where the textures aren't ripped from the trophy. Still don't think it means anything though.

Pakky

Smash Hero

Reasonably high, I'm 3D modeler and that is a possible outcome. Ideally the mapping would be the same, so remapping the outfit probably wouldn't need to happen.

StormC

Smash Hero
I don't really understand why people think King.K Rool is number 1 in the ballot base off of polls and also that's a very arrogant thing to say to other character supporters and just makes me mad.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Th4pdsrzs-6X303PPpw5m-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/htmlview#

This poll has Snake as number 1, with over 40 K votes, a poll doesn't really mean anything but just gives us a small view of what is possible TO BE. So no, everyone isn't in danger, just because you see poll =/= that character is number 1 on the smash ballot. You don't hear me saying Snake is number 1 or anything like that just because I see a poll with over 40 K Votes. Don't be surprised to see a different character as number 1 on the actual Smash Ballot.
That poll is pretty misleading to to say the least, it inflates vote percentages based on demographics (US/Japan/Europe/etc.)

The point is that K. Rool was a clear frontrunner with no apparent obstacles for entry.

Top Bottom