• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Something I've noticed is how the color scheme of the Mii costume is closer to the classic Rare design.

Dry green skin, golden belly... Compare that to the K. Rool trophy that uses the Paon design and more vibrant colors.

Last edited:

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
I'm not trying to be a downer, but Sakurai isn't as big a troll as everyone thinks. It's more like they read things into his words, and then are disappointed when he doesn't come through.

That said, he does troll. Just...short term. Like in the Smash Direct..."Zero Suit Samus won't be in this game....JUST KIDDING." He always makes it clear that he's kidding really soon after.

If Rool is in, I expect him by Friday, next week at worst. Otherwise...well, let's look at things more long term.
A valid point, all we can do is watch and wait.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Something I've noticed is how the color scheme of the Mii costume is closer to the classic Rare design.

Dry green skin, golden belly... Compare that to the K. Rool trophy that uses the Paon design and more vibrant colors.
Also it's been noted that all the other costume pieces of other characters are model rips from ingame trophies. Rool's Costume here is completely new, we never seen it before, a high res, modern Rare design. That's my light at the end of the tunnel, that this excellent looking texture is off the real one.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3f0n43/are_k_rool_fans_basically_the_new_ridley_fans/ This is not good guys. Get in there and tell them who WE ARE. This fight is NOT over until Sakurai says so.
Dusty king k rool is not ridley sized and he has ben shruken before, and plus hes just barely taller than bowser.

And why are you being dumb etika

Did you forget the meta knight tease and plus the chrom costume could just be a curveball to disguise king k rool as deconfirmed

And a direct clearly very soon since august is the 2 month period from the last one.

I can see this happening

The costume king k rool on the stage (or fighting or something)

Then this happens to the mii costume version
3:01

Chunky = mii suit king k rool

The real king k rool punching that out then gameplay happens.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
I would like to join your krew as well, if it matters at this point, I'll be sure to put out another ballot vote as well.

StormC

Smash Hero

Except for the blue cape gem, it's 100% the Rare design of the character.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
So many people viewing this thread haha.

I actually don't know what to say in regards to this. I actually know a bit about him from my youth days of playing DK Country 2 and 3, but I never knew much about him. I don't believe, sadly, that he'll be getting a Mii Fighter outfit AND become an actual character.

My guess is, Sakurai wants to please as many fans as possible, so for the characters he feels can have better, more creative movesets or that fit into Smash more, he'd put those as characters, and other highly requested characters would be turned into costumes.

Seems like a very Sakurai-esque thing to do.

That being said, my condolences for what you all have put up with. I know it can be disappointing, but hey, keepin that hope alive is good! :)

Tubbers09

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tubbers09
3DS FC
4811-7028-1398
Switch FC
5712-1549-9596
WOW, long time since I posted. Been lurking forever though. Anyhow, until I hear that the DLC train is over I'm not giving up. Although I am conflicted about buying the costume as I want to support anything K. Rool related but I just don't like the idea of him being a mii costume.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
But seriously, I never thought that K. Rool would get a Mii Costume, just because he doesn't seem adequate (but then again, nor it's Isabelle or K.K. Slider). But I'll keep the faith strong, and believing in my theory of the Rare model. It's just seem insane that they would put so much effort to create a model just for a costume (at this rate).

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Except for the blue cape gem, it's 100% the Rare design of the character.
Basically a mix of modern and classic designs. Kind of like what happened with Roy, whose Smash 4 design mixes elements of the original and Awakening designs into something new.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Basically a mix of modern and classic designs. Kind of like what happened with Roy, who mixes elements of the original and Awakening designs into something new.
I'm not even sure I'd call it a mix. Except for the color on a small piece of clothing, it is EXACTLY the classic design.

Last edited:

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman

It definitely is weird that they used a different design than the one they used in the trophy.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
But seriously, I never thought that K. Rool would get a Mii Costume, just because he doesn't seem adequate (but then again, nor it's Isabelle or K.K. Slider). But I'll keep the faith strong, and believing in my theory of the Rare model. It's just seem insane that they would put so much effort to create a model just for a costume (at this rate).
tbh that kostume for K.Rool looks pretty amazing. Even though It's not the CHARACTER I wanted TODAY, the costume itself looks great and I'm glad K. Rool has been brought into new light! IF K. Rool doesn't make it as a fighter another reason I could see is that Nintendo is including him in the next donkey kong game and... doesn't want him in smash just yet. For whatever business reason.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I think I'm going to wait until the direct or update. Hopefully there will be some data that may hint towards a character. I'm not a fan of the costume honestly, looks kinda strange. Maybe the team decided Dixie Kong instead?

Who knows.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Hence why it seems so odd that they put that much effort into a Mii costume.
Yeah. I'm not one to be overly optimistic, nor I'm too pessimstic.

Let's be realist: the fact K. Rool got a Mii costume doesn't necessarily mean he won't be a character, but doesn't necessarily mean he will.

Note that Mii costumes are easier to make than a full character.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Damnit now I'm for sure getting delusional. Here at 10:30am without having sleep at all. (And I really, really don't want to use another vacation day just because I didn't get any sleep). Now I'm thinking that this essentially confirms K. Rool as a fully fledged playable character because of the nifty new Rare model he got for the Mii Outfit. And having all this publicity and popularity and ONLY having a mii outfit is cold. Too cold.

Is it Friday yet?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I ****ing hate miis
Now at this time, yes, more than ever.

We came so close, yet still so far away...

*sigh* Guess it was all too good to be true in the end. Glad I didn't always view King K.Rool as an "inevitable inclusion", but I did believe he at least had a solid ~70% chance of inclusion.

I seriously don't know who else is actually left to add as a ballot character? Isaac?

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Man, it's times like this during the Smash speculation period that things are both the most tense and the most enjoyable, in some aspects. No (notable) leaks, no "insider info", just us, biting out nails in anticipation, armed with nothing but our hopes, dreams, and a shrivel of common sense, and fueled by the insane amount of hype and fear we're all sharing.

As stressful as it is, nothing is exciting as being on Mr. Sakurai's Wild Ride. :4dk:
Heh. It's kind of ironic how I posted this just yesterday.

I love Sakurai. I don't think anyone could make Smash as good as he does, and until I am proven thoroughly wrong, I will stick to that belief.

But if this is the way the ride is going... Well, I think I'd rather walk.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Damnit now I'm for sure getting delusional. Here at 10:30am without having sleep at all. (And I really, really don't want to use another vacation day just because I didn't get any sleep). Now I'm thinking that this essentially confirms K. Rool as a fully fledged playable character because of the nifty new Rare model he got for the Mii Outfit. And having all this publicity and popularity and ONLY having a mii outfit is cold. Too cold.

Is it Friday yet?
Friday? I thought it was Thursday. Am I missing something here?

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
tbh that kostume for K.Rool looks pretty amazing. Even though It's not the CHARACTER I wanted TODAY, the costume itself looks great and I'm glad K. Rool has been brought into new light! IF K. Rool doesn't make it as a fighter another reason I could see is that Nintendo is including him in the next donkey kong game and... doesn't want him in smash just yet. For whatever business reason.
Yeah, I like the costume regardless; It's amazing to see his Classic Look again! (even though I never had a problem with his modern design despite the lack of tail). I'll definitely buy it, but I'm not giving up of his inclusion as a playable character.

Dynamite

Smash Apprentice
Characters can still be playable even if they have a Mii skin. I think Sakurai is trying to fake you guys out. I'm pretty sure he knows how popular King K. Rool is, and it would be silly to just make him a skin despite the massive amount requests for him to be playable. Don't give up hope guys. I'm sure King K. Rool will be dlc.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Well, at least I can "SORT OF" play as K. Rool now on my created Gangplank Galleon stage until the real him and hopefully a real and official Gangplank Galleon stage gets revealed. Like I said, I view this as a prototype/preview.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

*sigh* Guess it was all too good to be true in the end. Glad I didn't always view King K.Rool as an "inevitable inclusion", but I did believe he at least had a solid ~70% chance of inclusion.

I seriously don't know who else is actually left to add as a ballot character? Isaac?
We still got a MAJOR DK character in the mix and her chances are just as strong.

We just need the backing and the help
image.jpg

Lunatros

Smash Cadet
I think what's best right now is to take a break, rest, find something that makes you laugh to cheer you up, and hope that our dedication pulls through, if it hasn't already due to the "costume is ruse" theory.

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
Characters can still be playable even if they have a Mii skin. I think Sakurai is trying to fake you guys out. I'm pretty sure he knows how popular King K. Rool is, and it would be silly to just make him a skin despite the massive amount requests for him to be playable. Don't give up hope guys. I'm sure King K. Rool will be dlc.
I bet Sakurai is just trying to discourage us. If we can get past this teasing Mii costume and restrengthen our hope and votes for K. Rool, there might be hope.

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
Basically, here's the way I see things as of right now-

+The costume is extremely detailed, possibly meaning that it was ripped from an actual character model
+They used his old Rare design as opposed to the one used for his trophy. If he were only going to be a costume, I feel like they'd just use his trophy model.
+They still acknowledge his existence
+Several other playable characters have Mii Fighter costumes, including Meta Knight who was revealed AFTER his Mii Fighter costume

-The fact that Chrom is also a costume makes it seem like these may be "consolation prizes" for runners up in the ballot
-There has never been a Mii Fighter costume based on a newcomer revealed before the newcomer themself
-It seems unlikely that they'd lessen the excitement for his character reveal by revealing him as a costume beforehand

Before this, I was like 80% sure he'd get in because of the ballot. At this point, I'd say he's down to like 40-50%
The biggest thing here is the fact that they didn't use his trophy model. That would have been the easy thing to do.

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Well, looks like optimism has won out. As for me, I'm giving up.

As far as I'm concerned, we've lost. As hard as we tried, mission failed.

Game Over.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

What about your girlfriend Dixie?

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I see a couple of upsides to this. One, I wouldn't say the K. Rool costume outright deconfirms him. He still has a chance. This is where the good things come in. Two, Nintendo has most certainly acknowledged his popularity. Three, THAT MODEL THOUGH. TAIL AND EVERYTHING. IF HE GETS CONFIRMED, WE'RE ALMOST CERTAINLY GETTING THAT DESIGN, HALLELUJAH. Four, his costume is unlike any other character based design. It's his own, unique model. I haven't given up yet, and neither should you. Keep voting!

Last edited:
Top Bottom