• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

That's a good hint. It's also good to note by the amount of females we have so far in-game. Compare the number of females in this game to the ones in brawl thus far. His reasoning could be to appear more appealing to female gamer's or guys who generally likes using female characters. With that being said, I think Dixie simply has a higher chance as of right now. There is no direct source that I know of, perhaps I got caught of with the rumors, but it's pretty obvious where their vision currently lies in terms of playable characters. Hell, he's even put the effort in including alternate genders this time around for avatar characters. There are far too many males in comparison to females, so why not reach out for my and look for more gender balance? And again, I have little doubt both K. Rool and Dixie's inclusion would be ignored.
That doesn't mean much, it doesn't mean Sakurai isn't going to add villains, either. Villains are usually some of the last characters we see. And yes, he would definitely consider both K. Rool and Dixie. Hell, he added the Kremlings, he DEFINITELY considered K. Rool.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord

There are far too many males in comparison to females, so why not reach out for my and look for more gender balance?
Ok first of all, the reason there are so many male characters in the game is because most of the iconic Nintendo characters are male. Keep in mind that most of these characters were created in a time when pretty much all gamers were male. So it's not fair to say that there are "too many males." If there were more iconic female Nintendo characters, we would see a lot more female characters on the roster but we can't change the past so that won't happen. "Gender balance" as you call it, should never be first priority in deciding the roster. What should take priority is how iconic a character is and how unique the character would be in the game. If they just added more female characters solely for the sake of "gender balance" the roster would have a large amount of characters that are barely known or cared about. I think that Sakurai looks for overall uniqueness in a character rather than a female gender. I doubt Dixie has a higher chance because K. Rool is more wanted and has more potential to be unique. Also, people need to realize that Dixie doesn't really have a recency argument going for her.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Guys it obvious that Funky and Candy kong are going o be the new dk reps.I mean it obvious I mean come on.

Just kidding.Give me Dixie and K roil

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
While i don't really like how he looks (he lacks tail unlike other kremlings and is...um...large...he still looks kool) despite him being a reptile (and i like them a lot), i think he has a pretty high khance to be playable this time. Mostly because there is Kremlings added instead of new enemies from new games unless Sakurai just wanted to add classic enemies. They still kould add him as a boss, keeping his large size and turning him into a very annoying pinata. I doubt any of you and many other players that would like the normal version of the stage he appears on, but not the boss of this stage would like that. DK is franchise that needs at least 1 more newcommer and what kould be better than its main antagonist (at least before he and kremlings got kicked out for no reasons as far as i know, which is like replacing Space Pirates and Ridley with generic aliens and a generic stronger version of those aliens)? Well...maybe Dixie Kong, but K.Rool looks more unique than a 2nd monkey.
I don't know much about DK franchise and K.Rool, but enough to support him. He isn't one of my favourite kharacters, but i know that he deserves to be finally playable, just like Ridley (no Mewtwo because he was playable, but he deserves to return instead).

One argument against him that i never saw is that he is too big even though he is at least as big as Ridley...you are lucky...i found a lot less a******s that think K.Rool has no khance that those who think Ridley has no khance...

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
While i don't really like how he looks (he lacks tail unlike other kremlings and is...um...large...he still looks kool) despite him being a reptile (and i like them a lot), i think he has a pretty high khance to be playable this time. Mostly because there is Kremlings added instead of new enemies from new games unless Sakurai just wanted to add classic enemies. They still kould add him as a boss, keeping his large size and turning him into a very annoying pinata. I doubt any of you and many other players that would like the normal version of the stage he appears on, but not the boss of this stage would like that. DK is franchise that needs at least 1 more newcommer and what kould be better than its main antagonist (at least before he and kremlings got kicked out for no reasons as far as i know, which is like replacing Space Pirates and Ridley with generic aliens and a generic stronger version of those aliens)? Well...maybe Dixie Kong, but K.Rool looks more unique than a 2nd monkey.
I don't know much about DK franchise and K.Rool, but enough to support him. He isn't one of my favourite kharacters, but i know that he deserves to be finally playable, just like Ridley (no Mewtwo because he was playable, but he deserves to return instead).

One argument against him that i never saw is that he is too big even though he is at least as big as Ridley...you are lucky...i found a lot less a******s that think K.Rool has no khance that those who think Ridley has no khance...
He only does'nt have a tail in mario super sluggers and the dkc tv show. Also he's really no bigger than dk in most of the games.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
He only does'nt have a tail in mario super sluggers and the dkc tv show. Also he's really no bigger than dk in most of the games.
Really? I didn't saw his tail in his Brawl Trophy and that first DKC game.
But he was 2x bigger than DK in at least 1 game...I don't care about that though since it would be wrong to ignore that for Ridley and not for K.Rool...

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I'm more of a Dixie supporter but I'll be happy if K. Rool gets in. Regardless, we NEED a new DK rep. The series deserves it.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
I had a dream about K. Rool last night. I'm not even kidding. Is there something wrong with me?
Nah. it happens.

I've mentioned this before but a little while ago I started playing Awakening in wake of Robin and Lucina's reveal. When I play games I enjoy I devote a great deal of free-time to them and I frequent this board.

So naturally one night I had a dream (and briefly convinced myself) that K. Rool was an unlockable unit in FE:A.
As you do.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Really? I didn't saw his tail in his Brawl Trophy and that first DKC game.
But he was 2x bigger than DK in at least 1 game...I don't care about that though since it would be wrong to ignore that for Ridley and not for K.Rool...
He was huge in dk64 and in jungle swing but that's about it and his original rare design had a tail, why he seems to not have one now is beyond me.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Oh gods, I completely forgot to introduce myself as a K. Rool supporter! How could I betray one of my most wanted characters like this!?

Anyways, here I am, fellow komrades!

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Ok, so when do you guys think K. Rool will be confirmed? Just a rough estimate on how much longer we'll have to wait is fine.
I think he will get revealed before the game is released if he is in. I think it would be start of Nintendo to make a Rildey/K Rool trailer before the game comes out. I mean that would be some major hype, and just imagine if they through Mewtwo in too. The internet would explode:demon:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord

Too big, no tail my butt. Also, replacing a "c" with a "k" doesn't really work if the "c" doesn't make a hard "c" sound. Just sayin.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I think he will get revealed before the game is released if he is in. I think it would be start of Nintendo to make a Rildey/K Rool trailer before the game comes out. I mean that would be some major hype, and just imagine if they through Mewtwo in too. The internet would explode:demon:
A trailer with "The great 3" would be huge, Smash fans would explode, and I think putting those three together would be the ideal. But, again, it's Sakurai that we are talking about here, go figure what he has prepared for us.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Yea K.Rool looks bigger than DK cause DK is hunched over an his legs are squat. When DK stands up straight he's essentially the same size as K.Rool. K.Rool IS a bit bigger than DK and I feel his size was exaggerated in DK64 so he would out size Chunky. As the whole Ridley argument goes size really shouldn't be a negative factor for K.Rool as long as he's a heavy and he's big that's all that matters. Plus I don't know if it's just me but does DK and Bowser seem smaller this time around? If their models have been downsized that could be a good indication of larger guys coming (K.Rool, Ridley) who would really only as big as Bowser and DKs old Brawl models.

Edit: After looking at the models closer I take it back it seems as if they were made larger than before

Further Edit: Bowsers height in Sm4sh is THE perfect K.Rool height just sayin

Last edited:
Just came to show my support for K.Rool! We need a new DK rep and we need more villains. K.Rool would fit both requirements!

Ridley, Ghirahim and K.Rool and Duck Hunt Dog (been reading the DHD support thread and I'd love him as a retro character) are my most wanted newcomers.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Just came to show my support for K.Rool! We need a new DK rep and we need more villains. K.Rool would fit both requirements!

Ridley, Ghirahim and K.Rool and Duck Hunt Dog (been reading the DHD support thread and I'd love him as a retro character) are my most wanted newcomers.
Welcome to the Kutthroats fellow supporter!

Last edited:

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
A trailer with "The great 3" would be huge, Smash fans would explode, and I think putting those three togheter would be the ideal. But, again, it's Sakurai that we are talking about here, go figure what he has prepared for us.
I couldn't agree more.

IVIr.G

Smash Cadet
Gonna play a kind of devil's advocate here. I honestly don't know about a whole DK reveal trailer even though that would be my dream. If K.Rool is in, a villain trailer seems more likely. There's just so many potential newcomers and so little spots left (at least from what we know). I like to think K.Rool and/or Dixie is a shoe-in but it also makes sense to think that about others characters i.e. Ridley, Shulk, Rhythm Heaven newcomer, Zelda newcomer (I personally don't think we're getting this one), and a speculated "Retro" character. With all these potential spots and only seemingly 2-3 newcomer trailers left, I am just becoming worried that someone will get the boot with that someone being our own King himself in favor of possibly representing a new series ala Xeno or RH. I dont know, I just feel like some of the other potential newcomers might take priority of K.Rool in the long run (not downplaying any of them btw, Shulk and Ridley are in my top 5, I just really adore our dear King K. Rool).

Someone please talk some sense in to me and comfort me in the fact that my beloved K.Rool is likely in the game.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Gonna play a kind of devil's advocate here. I honestly don't know about a whole DK reveal trailer even though that would be my dream. If K.Rool is in, a villain trailer seems more likely. There's just so many potential newcomers and so little spots left (at least from what we know). I like to think K.Rool and/or Dixie is a shoe-in but it also makes sense to think that about others characters i.e. Ridley, Shulk, Rhythm Heaven newcomer, Zelda newcomer (I personally don't think we're getting this one), and a speculated "Retro" character. With all these potential spots and only seemingly 2-3 newcomer trailers left, I am just becoming worried that someone will get the boot with that someone being our own King himself in favor of possibly representing a new series ala Xeno or RH. I dont know, I just feel like some of the other potential newcomers might take priority of K.Rool in the long run (not downplaying any of them btw, Shulk and Ridley are in my top 5, I just really adore our dear King K. Rool).

Someone please talk some sense in to me and comfort me in the fact that my beloved K.Rool is likely in the game.
Opinions:

- The game needs more villains
- The game needs more heavyweights
- The game needs a heavyweight who uses projectiles
- The game needs more anthropomorphic characters
- The game needs another DK representative

Facts:

- Highly requested by players from every region, including Japan
- Enormous moveset potential, spanning four critically acclaimed platformers and a handful of spin-offs
- Suspicious lack of new DK content so far; the new stage most likely belongs to K. Rool, hence the secrecy
- An abundance of Kremlings were seen in the Smash Run trailer but were never name dropped during the enemy montage
- Supposed inclusion of a Chunky Kong Assist Trophy and "large Kremling" boss
- Many references to previous games in the series even though Tropical Freeze just came out
- The old and obscure DKC cartoon series is finally being re-released on DVD decades later

According to @ toadster101 toadster101

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord

Dude, it's okay. What matters is that you want K. Rool in the game. No one knows what Sakurai or the developers are thinking, so all anyone can really do for K. Rool is just hope he gets in. People think they can predict the future by examining the past, but no prediction is 100% accurate. Just keep wanting K. Rool. Nothing anyone else says can change whether or not he'll be in. It's all up to Sakurai.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Opinions:

Facts:

- Enormous moveset potential, spanning four critically acclaimed platformers and a handful of spin-offs
- Suspicious lack of new DK content so far; the new stage most likely belongs to K. Rool, hence the secrecy
- An abundance of Kremlings were seen in the Smash Run trailer but were never name dropped during the enemy montage
- Many references to previous games in the series even though Tropical Freeze just came out
- The old and obscure DKC cartoon series is finally being re-released on DVD decades later

Hang on, what new stage?

IVIr.G

Smash Cadet
Opinions:

Facts:

Now I see stuff like this and it makes me feel better. Reminds me the K.Rool is every bit deserving of his spot on the roster. Then I see other defenses and arguments for other well deserved newcomers and they all (mostly) make sense. It just seems like there is so many characters well deserving of a spot but so little free spots left to choose from.

K.Rool is long over due for his triumphant return.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I like how people keep saying "stage", "stage", "stage." It should be "STAGES". DK ALWAYS gets two new stage per game, and as we've seen. Smash Wii U and Smash 3DS both count as two separate games. Out of what should be FOUR stages, we don't have ANY yet.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I like how people keep saying "stage", "stage", "stage." It should be "STAGES". DK ALWAYS gets two new stage per game, and as we've seen. Smash Wii U and Smash 3DS both count as two separate games. Out of what should be FOUR stages, we don't have ANY yet.
I think 4 DK stages is too much. I'm okay with 4 Mario stages because I've come to terms with the fact that Mario is over-represented in every Smash game, but I wouldn't ask for DK to be over-represented as well. I say there'll be at most 3 DK stages including Jungle Japes. DK only had 1 new stage in Brawl and I couldn't see DK getting 3 new stages in Smash 4. But of course, we could consider the possibility that they might bring back some other past DK stages. I'd be down with Kongo Jungle from Melee. I'm sure nobody wants Rumble Falls, though.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I think 4 DK stages is too much. I'm okay with 4 Mario stages because I've come to terms with the fact that Mario is over-represented in every Smash game, but I wouldn't ask for DK to be over-represented as well. I say there'll be at most 3 DK stages including Jungle Japes. DK only had 1 new stage in Brawl and I couldn't see DK getting 3 new stages in Smash 4. But of course, we could consider the possibility that they might bring back some other past DK stages. I'd be down with Kongo Jungle from Melee. I'm sure nobody wants Rumble Falls, though.
I kinda like Rumble Falls as it's the only stage with K.Rool theme....And if there are any series that need more representation they are DK and Metroid. Stupid Sakurai being biased to KI

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Sunset Hill/Frozen DK Island and Gangplank Galleon. I'd be cool with just those. I'd be willing to sacrifice a retro DK stage for a new one (especially Rumble Falls).

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Brawl had two new DK stages, actually. Don't forget about 75m. I think Nintendo is getting lazy and just recycling stages for the 3DS version. Apparently you battle against DK and Diddy on Melee Jungle Japes in the classic mode. Maybe Gangplank Galleon is in both versions? :3

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
You completely missed my whole point. The point is that each game counts as two separate games, and DK always gets two new stages per game, so in theory, we should have 2 new 3DS stages and 2 new Wii U stages for DK, and we have none at this point. Mario has 4 stages on 3DS alone, and will probably have 4 on Wii U.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Brawl had two new DK stages, actually. Don't forget about 75m. I think Nintendo is getting lazy and just recycling stages for the 3DS version. Apparently you battle against DK and Diddy on Melee Jungle Japes in the classic mode. Maybe Gangplank Galleon is in both versions? :3
It'd be cool if they had a stage from donkey kong land on the 3-ds version.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
You completely missed my whole point. The point is that each game counts as two separate games, and DK always gets two new stages per game, so in theory, we should have 2 new 3DS stages and 2 new Wii U stages for DK, and we have none at this point. Mario has 4 stages on 3DS alone, and will probably have 4 on Wii U.
That attitude of yours is really getting on my nerves. No, I did not miss your point, I just decided to look at the whole thing from a different perspective because my way of looking at it seemed more appropriate to me. Don't take me for some dumbass who doesn't understand what the **** you're talking about, jerk.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
That attitude of yours is really getting on my nerves. No, I did not miss your point, I just decided to look at the whole thing from a different perspective because my way of looking at it seemed more appropriate to me. Don't take me for some ******* who doesn't understand what the **** you're talking about.
Oi, no arguing! What if Sakurai is watching and decides to cut K.Rool to spite you two for arguing!

Top Bottom