• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
I love the lack of Donkey Kong content thus far, given that what we know (Chunky Kong Bigfoot as an Assist Trophy, Jungle Japes is back for a 3rd go around, Cranky is apparently a trophy, Green and Blue Kritters appearing in Smash Run, Diddy and DK returning and looking great).

It implies we're getting more.

I mean c'mon, there's no way we're getting less than 3 new Donkey Kong stages across both games. We haven't even seen 1 stage, let alone a Donkey Kong song (other than DK's victory theme).

Honestly, the vaunted Dixie and K. Rool duo confirmation trailer is still quite the possibility.

God if we had that, there would be a LEGENDARY PARTY!!!
Well we DID get Rocket Barrel theme from DKCR, which is cool, but one song compared to the other series is suspiciously small

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well we DID get Rocket Barrel theme from DKCR, which is cool, but one song compared to the other series is suspiciously small
Where was this? Was it in Jungle Japes or something?

Either way, I think its safe to say DK will be getting its own trailer. Even if we have a Villains Trailer, I think K. Rool won't be in it, because he'll be in the DK trailer instead.

Luigi player

Smash Master

Either way, I think its safe to say DK will be getting its own trailer. Even if we have a Villains Trailer, I think K. Rool won't be in it, because he'll be in the DK trailer instead.
The song was in the Smash Direct during the Items segment.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord

If a villains trailer happens and no K. Rool is in it, I think I will die. Even if a DK trailer with K. Rool is lying in wait.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If a villains trailer happens and no K. Rool is in it, I think I will die. Even if a DK trailer with K. Rool is lying in wait.
That's why the DK trailer would have to come first. :D

EDIT: Or have K. Rool teased at the end of the boss trailer, but most likely just the DK trailer comes first.

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Just coming by to say I feel like R kool is in smash 4, I'm just so confident that he is now.
Me three. It's inevitable for me that we'll see his glorious debut in Smash.

Here's some jolly pirate music of one of my favorite level themes from the donkey kong country 2 video game, it actually sounds pretty good here too when played on a piano.
Really great stuff there. DKC 2's soundtrack is one of my favorite VG soundtracks. David Wise is such a genius.

Love this remix. So GOOD

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
The glorious figure of the King has convinced someone who hasn't even played a DK game! Welcome, I say, welcome to the Kutthroats!

The King konquers all hearts. Also I think I've watched this song 20+ times now and I'm still loving it!!

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
I'm 99.9% sure King K. Rool is going to make his triumphant return as a playable character, and if I'm wrong... then Sakurai is a lunatic.

Opinions:

- The game needs more villains
- The game needs more heavyweights
- The game needs a heavyweight who uses projectiles
- The game needs more anthropomorphic characters
- The game needs another DK representative

Facts:

- Highly requested by players from every region, including Japan
- Enormous moveset potential, spanning four critically acclaimed platformers and a handful of spin-offs
- Suspicious lack of new DK content so far; the new stage most likely belongs to K. Rool, hence the secrecy
- An abundance of Kremlings were seen in the Smash Run trailer but were never name dropped during the enemy montage
- Supposed inclusion of a Chunky Kong Assist Trophy and "large Kremling" boss
- Many references to previous games in the series even though Tropical Freeze just came out
- The old and obscure DKC cartoon series is finally being re-released on DVD decades later

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I'm 99.9% sure King K. Rool is going to make his triumphant return as a playable character, and if I'm wrong... then Sakurai is a lunatic.

Opinions:

- The game needs more villains
- The game needs more heavyweights
- The game needs a heavyweight who uses projectiles
- The game needs more anthropomorphic characters
- The game needs another DK representative

Facts:

- Highly requested by players from every region, including Japan
- Enormous moveset potential, spanning four critically acclaimed platformers and a handful of spin-offs
- Suspicious lack of new DK content so far; the new stage most likely belongs to K. Rool, hence the secrecy
- An abundance of Kremlings were seen in the Smash Run trailer but were never name dropped during the enemy montage
- Supposed inclusion of a Chunky Kong Assist Trophy and "large Kremling" boss
- Many references to previous games in the series even though Tropical Freeze just came out
- The old and obscure DKC cartoon series is finally being re-released on DVD decades later
I like your points but remember this is Sakurai we are talking about. I'm sure we have no idea what he is thinking.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
I really really hope this thread has a happy ending. I really do. It will probably be the biggest tragedy in Smashboards history, just because this thread is like family, mores than the other character threads I feel or any group around here.

Long live the King

Id totes put a Kremling Kutthroat thing in my sig if i could.

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I really really hope this thread has a happy ending. I really do. It will probably be the biggest tragedy in Smashboards history, just because this thread is like family, mores than the other character threads I feel or any group around here.

Long live the King

Yeah. If, heaven forbid, K. Rool got deconfirmed, I would cry. Not for K. Rool, but for you guys.

I don't want any of you guys to be hurt. All you Kutthroats are awesome, and the thought of you all getting your hopes destroyed is abominable pain to me.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Long live the King

Did someone say... long live the king?

Be Prepared...

Is it fine with you guys if I can become...ONE OF YOU?
Welcome aboard to the Kutthroats!

Depends. If by "one of you", you mean "the same krew", then there's nothin' I can do but to say you're one of us.
This.

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
This thread is amazing! I pray for K Rools confirmation so that we may rejoice as an official character sub forum!

Side note: is dk tf worth buying? Just finished returns a and loved it to death.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
Me three. It's inevitable for me that we'll see his glorious debut in Smash.

Really great stuff there. DKC 2's soundtrack is one of my favorite VG soundtracks. David Wise is such a genius.

Love this remix. So GOOD
This song brings back memories when I used to play this game almost all the time, the levels may have been challenging but the music was so soothing.

SeatreasureReturned

Smash Apprentice
As time goes by I am warming up to the idea of K Rool being in the game. I really want Dixie first, but I won't be devastated if K Rool got in and Dixie didn't. I really understand the appeal of K Rool and think he would be super fun to play as. Dixie is my favorite Nintendo character of all time and I really think she deserves it at this point. But K Rool could ease the pain if Dixie sits this one out.

It would be a travesty if neither made it in.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
This thread is amazing! I pray for K Rools confirmation so that we may rejoice as an official character sub forum!

Side note: is dk tf worth buying? Just finished returns a and loved it to death.
If you love Returns, you will love Tropical Freeze like a bazillion times more. It's like Returns, only like a bazillion times better. Worth every penny. Buy that game. Do it. Like, now I mean. Just. Freaking. BUY IT

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
One thing I love about the Kutthroats especially is that out of the remaining "Big Three," his fanbase seems to be the least hostile. :p

Not to generalize too much. I'm just saying what I've noticed over all, haha.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
One thing I love about the Kutthroats especially is that out of the remaining "Big Three," his fanbase seems to be the least hostile. :p

Not to generalize too much. I'm just saying what I've noticed over all, haha.
To be fair to Ridley fans, Ridley detractors are the most hostile of all detractors... So Ridley fans have become hostile in return. :p

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Yeah, I love this thread. I'm prepared for the worst but if he doesn't get in it'll really be a shame. Wasted potential and all that.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
I love the rivalry between K. Rool and Ridley supporters and how it reflects the rivalry between Metroid and DK fans fighting over which franchise Retro Studios should rightfully be working on... Haha! Heck, even in 1994 Metroid and DK were at each others throats for which had the better game of the year. Seeing the two of them announced simultaneously in the same trailer would be heaven.

Gooper Blooper

Smash Apprentice
I love the rivalry between K. Rool and Ridley supporters and how it reflects the rivalry between Metroid and DK fans fighting over which franchise Retro Studios should rightfully be working on... Haha! Heck, even in 1994 Metroid and DK were at each others throats for which had the better game of the year. Seeing the two of them announced simultaneously in the same trailer would be heaven.
Gotta say I would absolutely love if for their last prerelease reveal they had a big bad trailer with K Rool, Ridley, Bandana Dee, and Ghirahim. Long live the villains

Last edited:

Zynux

Smash Lord
Here's some jolly pirate music of one of my favorite level themes from the donkey kong country 2 video game, it actually sounds pretty good here too when played on a piano.
Jib Jig is one of my favorite DKC2 themes. Rare Respite is my favorite arrangement of it:

I love the lack of Donkey Kong content thus far, given that what we know (Chunky Kong Bigfoot as an Assist Trophy, Jungle Japes is back for a 3rd go around, Cranky is apparently a trophy, Green and Blue Kritters appearing in Smash Run, Diddy and DK returning and looking great).

It implies we're getting more.

I mean c'mon, there's no way we're getting less than 3 new Donkey Kong stages across both games. We haven't even seen 1 stage, let alone a Donkey Kong song (other than DK's victory theme).

Honestly, the vaunted Dixie and K. Rool duo confirmation trailer is still quite the possibility.

God if we had that, there would be a LEGENDARY PARTY!!!
I agree; I am very confident that a lot of Donkey Kong content is being hidden this time around. While I will admit that I am the pessimistic type, I fully believe a Dixie/K. Rool trailer holds merit. I will be very surprised if DK doesn't get a newcomer this time.

Gooper Blooper

Smash Apprentice
Jib Jig is one of my favorite DKC2 themes. Rare Respite is my favorite arrangement of it:

I agree; I am very confident that a lot of Donkey Kong content is being hidden this time around. While I will admit that I am the pessimistic type, I fully believe a Dixie/K. Rool trailer holds merit. I will be very surprised if DK doesn't get a newcomer this time.
I also think that they are hiding things from DK. I personally think there will be a villain trailer over a DK trailer but I think we can both agree that we will be happy with Rool being confirmed one way or the other

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
New K. Rool persona idea: A rapper named Krool Moe Dee. Or LL Krool J. One of those. He'd use a boombox to attack using giant shockwaves, and the Kongs would be able to attack him when his pants fall down and he has to stoop down to pull them back up.

Top Bottom