• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

ArturoLamilla

Smash Cadet
NNID
ArturoWiiU
I'm continously dreaming with K. Rool in Smash, it's been years waiting this, I'm extremely obscesed. I'd love Ridley as a playable character too, Metroid deserves at least three. I couldn't forgive Sakurai this time if he doesn't put in the game this two characters.

The next choice is for Smash 5 ten years later, maybe our efforts may count...

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I'm not the most sure of Mewtwo's chances anymore, but i'm still striving for K. Rool and Ridley, who since Little Mac was announced have been the characters I've wanted the most.

El Chunko

Smash Cadet
Hey fellow Kutthroats! There's an overlooked tidbit that doesn't necessarily hint at K.Rool, but is clear proof that they are bringing back classic DK material.
Not sure if mentioned already, but

around 1:19 the new chant for DK is the DK Rap from DK64 :)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Hey fellow Kutthroats! There's an overlooked tidbit that doesn't necessarily hint at K.Rool, but is clear proof that they are bringing back classic DK material.
Not sure if mentioned already, but

around 1:19 the new chant for DK is the DK Rap from DK64 :)
Yeah, sorry, we've known about this. It was posted about 5-10 pages back. :p

El Chunko

Smash Cadet
Yeah, sorry, we've known about this. It was posted about 5-10 pages back
Oh thats probably where I saw it but forgot to be honest haha. It just kills me that they never move on to saying "DONKEY KONG IS HERE", it's almost torturous:p

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Keeping in the vein of DK64 content, I'd enjoy seeing Funky come out and fire a giant boot as a projectile.

On a different note, here's a new K. Rool moveset video from @Hotfeet444, who was thoughtful enough to give the Kremling Kampaign a shout-out in it as well.

LawofDeath

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LawofDe4th
3DS FC
3480-3867-8012
Keeping in the vein of DK64 content, I'd enjoy seeing Funky come out and fire a giant boot as a projectile.

On a different note, here's a new K. Rool moveset video from @Hotfeet444, who was thoughtful enough to give the Kremling Kampaign a shout-out in it as well.

Pretty good except I think the final smash is too good to be true (and probably too long) and the down special just doesn't seem to fit for it. he should use the shockwave for down special as he did in DK64 vs DK in the ring and have the vast cannonball drops as his final smash, similar to Lucas/Ness from Brawl. :p

Zynux

Smash Lord
Gnawties, Zingers, Klaptraps, Klobbers and Kloaks are whom I would to see as DK Smash Run enemies. Krusha, Klumps, Kacklem, and/or Kudgel could possibly be the bigger/boss type enemies maybe.

Funky, Cranky, Rambi, and any of the Kongs from 64 are good AT choices.

I'm not the most sure of Mewtwo's chances anymore, but i'm still striving for K. Rool and Ridley, who since Little Mac was announced have been the characters I've wanted the most.

laughingreptiles.jpg

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
At this rate I'm convinced that the last trailer before launch in Japan will reveal either one, two, or all of the hype three. Sakurai's gonna save the biggest gun(s) for the grand finale (if he really knows what he's doing that is).

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Good evening guys, I just joined Smashboard and I couldn't be more excited to have King K.Rool as a newcomer.

You see, I've never played a Donkey Kong game, but the character itself is super cool to me. This looks like the perfect time for him and I really hope he "krushes the kompetition!".

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Good evening guys, I just joined Smashboard and I couldn't be more excited to have King K.Rool as a newcomer.

You see, I've never played a Donkey Kong game, but the character itself is super cool to me. This looks like the perfect time for him and I really hope he "krushes the kompetition!".
The glorious figure of the King has convinced someone who hasn't even played a DK game! Welcome, I say, welcome to the Kutthroats!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The glorious figure of the King has convinced someone who hasn't even played a DK game! Welcome, I say, welcome to the Kutthroats!

I was about to think we weren't going to get this song posted in this page... :p

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
K. Rool and Ridley are literally the only things that unite the Metroid and Donkey Kong fandoms. There's been a rivalry since Super Metroid and Donkey Kong Country competed for sales, and the whole "Donkey Kong killed Metroid' debate has been rekindled again now that Retro Studios stopped working on Metroid and started working on Donkey Kong. One game later, and the rivalry starts anew. Hopefully Metroid can release another good game, so that this peace can last,

IVIr.G

Smash Cadet
Long time lurker here. I recently made an account to post in some of the local tournament listings threads and since I had an account ready to go, I figured I'd go ahead and dedicate myself to the King's Krusade.

The original DKC trilogy were the first videogames I ever played and beat 100% and they still remain my favorite games ever. King K.Rool has always been my favorite boss and one of my favorite characters in all of gaming. He's been my most wanted newcomer since Melee.

Here's to you Krool.

Obvious Final Smash Idea:
He grabs the nearest character and proceeds to rap about their demise with his Kremling Krew providing backup. Then he drops them off the cliff.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'd like Rambi and Klump as ATs the most. ^^ The more DK stuff the better though.
I think Klump is going to be the Large Kremling Boss, though. Rambi and Funky are likely as AT's if Funky isn't a skin for DK (which is very much possible).

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
I'd rather have had Rambi as DK's final samsh, but I guess the drums were just so important they couldn't be replaced.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
People have said that a Rambi assist trophy would act too similarly to Gogoat. I always thought Rambi would make for an interesting playable character.

Last edited:

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
How about "me" as an AT with Queen B? Or maybe they would be better as bosses idk

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
People have said that a Rambi assist trophy would act too similarly to Gogoat. I always thought Rambi would make for an interesting playable character.
Still upset that Gogoat has a role that Rambi could have easily filled.
Well... Keep in mind that the roles of Assist Trophies and Pokeballs often cross over. Rambi would be the perfect AT counterpart to Gogoat, although I also imagine Rambi doing a lot more jumping around as well. Another great AT I think would be Squitter.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I think the animal buddies would be great for Dixie's final smash. First she calls in Rambi who comes charging across the stage. Anyone who gets hit by him gets wrapped up in web by Squitter, Squawks pelts the captured fighters with nuts, then Enguarde comes and skewers them.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I'd love to see the animal buddy box as an item, where each of them does different things.

You could ride on Rambi and charge into enemies, Squitter could trap other fighters with his web, Rattly could do damage by jumping on people etc.

Weavel

Smash Ace
Just coming by to say I feel like R kool is in smash 4, I'm just so confident that he is now.

Last edited:

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
I'm a K. Rool supporter, well, more of a Dixie supporter, but heck, I want both. Point is, DKC is my favorite franchise and it's downright criminal how so few things from it are showing up in this game so far. So much so, that I can't help but think Sakurai is holding things back for a possible reveal trailer of some kind... And it's especially unsettling to see so little after the DKC franchise was revived during the Wii era, you'd think it'd get even more attention.

Either way, yeah, let's see K. Rool, the Kremlings in Smash Run give me a bit of hope at least.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I can understand there not being a Wii U DK Stage revealed yet, as maybe they're holding out on revealing more of them after the 3DS version comes out. But why not even a 3DS one? We've got 4 3DS Mario stages, 2 Zelda ones, and 2 Pokemon ones. Show the franchise that comes after those in sales some love.

(Also they had better include Snakey Chantey as a song. So good.)

Last edited:

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige
Long time lurker here. I recently made an account to post in some of the local tournament listings threads and since I had an account ready to go, I figured I'd go ahead and dedicate myself to the King's Krusade.

The original DKC trilogy were the first videogames I ever played and beat 100% and they still remain my favorite games ever. King K.Rool has always been my favorite boss and one of my favorite characters in all of gaming. He's been my most wanted newcomer since Melee.

Here's to you Krool.

Obvious Final Smash Idea:
He grabs the nearest character and proceeds to rap about their demise with his Kremling Krew providing backup. Then he drops them off the cliff.
Big foot kick confirmed for DK's new final smash

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Here's some jolly pirate music of one of my favorite level themes from the donkey kong country 2 video game, it actually sounds pretty good here too when played on a piano.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Here's some jolly pirate music of one of my favorite level themes from the donkey kong country 2 video game, it actually sounds pretty good here too when played on a piano.
Yeah, that piano album of DKC2 is incredible. Jib Jig is another one of my favorites. Very relaxing. Though less so when you're playing Slime Climb.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
His channel is full of goodness:love: It's a gold mine for someone who likes piano music, like me.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I love the lack of Donkey Kong content thus far, given that what we know (Chunky Kong Bigfoot as an Assist Trophy, Jungle Japes is back for a 3rd go around, Cranky is apparently a trophy, Green and Blue Kritters appearing in Smash Run, Diddy and DK returning and looking great).

It implies we're getting more.

I mean c'mon, there's no way we're getting less than 3 new Donkey Kong stages across both games. We haven't even seen 1 stage, let alone a Donkey Kong song (other than DK's victory theme).

Honestly, the vaunted Dixie and K. Rool duo confirmation trailer is still quite the possibility.

God if we had that, there would be a LEGENDARY PARTY!!!

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Yeah, that piano album of DKC2 is incredible. Jib Jig is another one of my favorites. Very relaxing. Though less so when you're playing Slime Climb.
Yeah, Slime Climb gave me lots of trouble lol.
I love the lack of Donkey Kong content thus far, given that what we know (Chunky Kong Bigfoot as an Assist Trophy, Jungle Japes is back for a 3rd go around, Cranky is apparently a trophy, Green and Blue Kritters appearing in Smash Run, Diddy and DK returning and looking great).

It implies we're getting more.

I mean c'mon, there's no way we're getting less than 3 new Donkey Kong stages across both games. We haven't even seen 1 stage, let alone a Donkey Kong song (other than DK's victory theme).

Honestly, the vaunted Dixie and K. Rool duo confirmation trailer is still quite the possibility.

God if we had that, there would be a LEGENDARY PARTY!!!
Legendary party indeed.

Top Bottom